A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

party going on - wish I was there

Posted: Dec 13, 2012

The doc is joking around with the nurses; everyone sounds like they are having fun - why did I decide to work at home? It seemed like a good idea at the time.

One hospital I worked at - had a department party

[ In Reply To ..]
fully catered, then a party for the whole hospital in a nice hotel, fully catered open bar, dancing. Gifts for the employees, from all the doctors and hospital in general, plus year-end bonuses. I wonder if they still do that, or if everyone has become as stingy as MTSOs?

I guess it doesn't matter anyway - if I had stayed

[ In Reply To ..]
by now I imagine the job would have been outsourced, but I really miss being in the office, a lot more than I thought I would, and now I can't find another office job to save my life.

The hospital I worked at..... - before I became a home-based....

[ In Reply To ..]
.....transcriptionist gave employees Christmas bonuses, equaling usually 1-2% of annual wages, for about the first 16 years I worked there, but they stopped giving bonuses about 4 years ago and even cut our hours by one-half hour per day. Of course, there are greedy people out there, but I think their actions were motivated mostly by the economy. I would guess that there aren't a whole lot of employers going all out for their employees like that these days (sad).

Still is a good idea for me - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I dont miss being in-house at all. I worked for a hospital for almost 11 years before getting outsourced and the last 6 years I was with them, we were all home-based transcriptionist and only had to go in once a month for department meetings.

They had pot-lucks for the holidays, people brought food in etc. We were always told that we were more than welcome to come in and join the festivities, but most declined, myself included.

The only thing I miss about being a hospital MT is the pay and - incentives.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

My Gawd, I Think They're Having A Party
Nov 11, 2009

I'm doing a dictation and there must be 6-10 people in the background talking so loudly that I cannot understand the doctor.  I remember when I worked for that large podiatry practice, the doctors would dictate after each patient but that office was always loud (drove me nuts).  I feel bad for the group that does their transcription.     ...

We Should Do A QA Wednesday Party
Mar 29, 2010

Just send everything to QA as a final farewell...   I HATE APRIL FOOLS!  Could they not pick a better day to pull this prank?  Happy First Time Right April Fools Day to ya all. ...

Company Party?
Mar 14, 2013

Has M*Modal aka Medquist every had a company party?  Maybe selecting 6 locations throughout the US to have a party once a year....giving you an opprotunity every year but a likelihood every 6 years? ...

Pity Party
Oct 24, 2014

I stay away from this web site usually.  It's a serious downer.  Everyone having a pity party...or stirring the pot...or spreading rumors (which aren't true).  Y'all sit at your desks (probably during work hours) and complain about how you can't make a decent living, you chalk up a 110 lb weight loss to not enough money for food, you complain that you can't pay your mortgage so you'll just stop paying it and then burn down your house.  You complain about chan ...

Transcend Christmas Party
Dec 03, 2010

Is anyone planning on going.  Is this one in Florida the only one they have? ...

PARTY OF 13, YOUR TABLE IS READY....
May 13, 2012

Allow me to introduce myself!  I am one of those very PROUD 13 women.  I am also very proud of the fact that I see so many others here who are willing to stand up and join us in this.  When I read over the very FEW posts from those who say we can't cut it, we are lazy, etc... I laugh.  Yes, you heard that right!  I laugh!  In their ignorance, they make untrue statements about me as they do not know me or my work ethic or my education level o ...

Nja Woo Hoo Party Time But How Do You Get Into Remedy
Jul 04, 2012

What is the login we use and the password is what?  I tried several with no luck..Thats what I get for being lazy and not checking it out earlier..thanks in advance and happy and safe holidays all!!! ...

DocQscribe And Third Party Word Expanders
Feb 18, 2011

Hi - our hospital is going from Chartscript to Medquist DocQscribe.  Was wondering what is the best word expander program to use with DocQscribe, i.e. Instant Text, Shorthand, or SpeedType?  Have any of these programs been useful with DocQscribe or do you find it just as fast to use DocQscribe expanders?  Thank you for your input! ...

Multi-party Conversation Account
Dec 22, 2012

Does anyone know what it is or work on a multi-party conversation account? I am not exactly sure what it is and saw a job posting for "multi-party conversation verbatim account." Thanks in advance for any info. ...

Is There Any Third-party Text Expander That Works With Speechmotion? Sm
Jun 09, 2013

The internal one is just awful! ...