A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

PARTY OF 13, YOUR TABLE IS READY.... - I have balls, do you?

Posted: May 13, 2012

Allow me to introduce myself!  I am one of those very PROUD 13 women.  I am also very proud of the fact that I see so many others here who are willing to stand up and join us in this.  When I read over the very FEW posts from those who say we can't cut it, we are lazy, etc... I laugh.  Yes, you heard that right!  I laugh!  In their ignorance, they make untrue statements about me as they do not know me or my work ethic or my education level or anything about me at all for that matter. 

I may not have to buy lunch out every day, but I still have to eat, and groceries do cost money.  I don't get them free because I work from home.  I don't have to buy suits to go to an office, but I don't sit around naked either, so I still have to purchase clothes.  I may not have to pay for gas or car expenses to work, but I still have that expense.  My expenses do NOT just stop all because I work from home. 

How is it so hard to understand that even though I work from home I am entitled to a FAIR and LAWFUL wage?  I am entitled to be paid for ALL my work duties.  If I can't look up a word/name, etc... on the occasions I need to, how am I to produce a GOOD, QUALITY document?  Should we quit looking up things and just toss in a blank and let QA have it since we are not considered producing if we are researching?  Some of us are PROUD of our work ethic and our integrity of doing a great job won't allow us to do that. 

As for anyone can do this job..... well...  I would LOVE to see 10 people who have no MT training at all go up against 10 who have training...  type reports with a good doctor, one ESL doctor who may not have a full grasp of the English language, one who makes up words as they go along, one who transcribes as they are riding home on the subway, one dictating while having lunch or carrying on a conversation while in the middle of dictating, one who regularly makes mistakes about the sex of the patient or which extremity had been amputated, and several other things we deal with on a daily basis...  see if those 10 with no experience would be willing to deal with that on a daily basis at such a low rate of pay and not get paid for looking up things, verifying information, etc.  We have training and education for a reason!  

table is ready - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope you get the most luscious dessert (aka $$$) delivered to your table (aka wallet). I am no longer in MT and did not have to suffer with some of the problems many of you did, but I can understand the issues you had and I wish all of you the best of luck in this endeavor.

very confused - training versus no training - I bust mine

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm trying to follow your logic, and I hit a wall when you said "LOVE to see 10 people who have no MT training at all go up against 10 who have training," but then you say "see if those with no experience..."

do you mean those with NO formal training or those with NO formal experience...because those are NOT oranges and apples.

I had NO formal training, yet here I am with the MOST amount of skill with ESL and hard dictation. I feel the difference btw myself and those with a lesser skill set is either determination to produce excellent work or simply the intelligence to evolve.

But what do I know about apples and oranges...after all, I get paid even when I do NOT look things up on a daily basis and still get called out for being the best MT, even without formal training...and still your logic escapes me...

LOL - I have balls, do you?

[ In Reply To ..]
semantics... lol... you know exactly what I mean... you just want to try and be "smart"

EVOLVED CONFUSION...STAR MT WITH NO FORMAL TRAINING TELLS THE WORLD! - The Little Engine

[ In Reply To ..]
So are you one of those street people I have so often heard about that just evolved into an MLS...after all, did you know they advertise in India that even high school dropouts can do the MLS job...that is all that is necessary...no FORMAL training or experience needed. You and high school dropouts have something in common...no formal training. How does that make you feel?

Maybe if you had some formal training you would know that oranges and apples are not the same thing either? You compare oranges with oranges and you compare apples with apples. The only thing oranges and apples have in common are that they are both a fruit. Maybe you have something in common with oranges and apples.

So you might want to consider some formal training, so you DO NOT make the wrong analogies in the future!

I so disagree with you on this, and I do - have formal training

[ In Reply To ..]
I went to one of the "top 3" and breezed through. Basically, I really didn't do anything but take the tests. Don't ever flatter yourself into thinking because you have "formal training" that you are any better of an MT than any other. Honestly, the better MTs I have seen have been ones without formal training. The ONLY reason I took any training was because I knew I had to have it on my resume to get a job without experience. Some of these people with no formal training have some college-level courses that they have taken. I'm not sure how many of those you have taken, but give me MT training any day over college-level science or math, not to mention MTs don't quite get college-level A&P.

As for the high school drop out comment, that was pretty nasty. I almost dropped out of high school one credit shy of graduating. I was married and had a child very young and felt that taking care of my family was the most important thing at that point in my life. Luckily, I had a school that worked with me, and I was still able to graduate Valedictorian. I could have gotten all kinds of scholarships but chose not to. Heck, I could have went way farther up the ladder in the medical field than MT. So, yes, I think I could have done it without the formal training. Just because you have a diploma doesn't make you smart, and just because you have a MT certificate doesn't make you a good MT.
Your story doesn't pass the smell test - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
"could have went" - OMG! - cr
[ In Reply To ..]
You were bragging about how brilliant you are, and those few words spoke volumes to me!

Some very fine MTs obtained their knowledge - through OJT, and some LOUSY...

[ In Reply To ..]
...MTs have a ton of "formal training".

I was reading an excellent book the other day in which the author made this observation:

"The mark of an expert is the RESULTS they achieve, not their CREDENTIALS."

I'm afraid that I have to agree with that author, and not with you.
Formal Training - The Little Engine
[ In Reply To ..]
Point taken, but I never stated personally what kind of training I have. I have both formal training as well as OJT training. I just do not think people should "brag" about what they have accomplished. Let their work speak for themselves or let someone else applaud them.

"It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help." Judith Martin
not bragging versus issuing public beratement - kettle meet pot
[ In Reply To ..]
elevates you above us, umm, how?

Well, thank you for showing us your enlightened side because otherwise all we would see is your need to denigrate and abuse the fellow visitors of this board. I'm soooo glad I can respect you now.

cough. cough.

I have had no formal training and have a 9th grade education - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
... and I am one of those "street people" referenced below. I have been a very successful, well-paid typist/transcriber/transcriptionist for the last 24 years. I have no GED, no high school diploma, no college course credits. What I do have is complete reliability, professionalism, a great mind, and worth ethics - all of the things one needs to succeed in this business - any business - which you cannot get from formal schooling. It comes from within.

How dare some of you be so condescending! Just because one doesn't have a formal education does NOT make them a lesser-than in the business world, and certainly not in this business. I would venture to say that a fair percentage of formally-trained "MTs" are lacking one or all of the above qualities it takes to really do this job or succeed in business.

And just for fun, I went to an adult school recently and took the pre-test for a GED to see where I am at after being out of "formal" school since the age of 15 (32 years ago), no studying, no nothing. Cold turkey. My results came back at high school diploma level. I could've went straight to the test center and earned a high school diploma right then and there, not just a GED. So that tells me that formal education is not completely necessary to enter this field. You all seem to forget that MT isn't solely acute care, op reports, ER medicine, oncology, etc. If you start out in internal medicine, you can go anywhere from there, as it encompasses the entire body. That's where I started and haven't looked back.

WELL SAID! - Ricki

[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot top that, you said a mouthful and it's all true!!

I commend you for what you are doing. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I eulogize you for what you are doing. It takes a lot of chutzpah to do what you 13 are doing. I have one question though how did you get 13 people together in this MTSO to come together? I know my TL, ROM, one other transcriptionist for the company, that makes 3 people and really only communicate with two. The ROM likes you to run everything by the TL!!! The MTSO likes to keep us away from each other, not talking to others in the company. Heck, it is against policy to discuss what you make with each other. Did some of you work together in a hospital that was taken over by Transcend? Just curious.

They came together through a page I originally created for Transcend - Boosted Mom

[ In Reply To ..]
Now my cover will be blown. I had created a page for editing tips and tricks on "the" social media site when I was working for Transcend as an editing trainer. There are over 600 people on that page from Transcend and elsewhere. When people started posting things about the current situation, many posts were deleted. This was after I lost my position and the company became administrator of the page. Several people felt they were being stifled and one of the ladies created another page, closed, secret, where MTs could go to share and vent and get support, and the rest is now history!!!! It's a great place for anyone who is interested, just contact me. We need to keep this momentum going everyone, we've had great response and support so far!

Where I work, our only contact is thru company email, - which is closely monitored. (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
How did you get people's personal contact information so you could bypass company email? Did all 13 of you collaborate and come to the decision to file suit collectively, or did one of you file the suit, and then others joined in?

How accurate do the log-on/log-off records have to be? Although I'm improving mine as of reading the breaking news of this last Friday, my past logs show start time, time of NJA, and then next start time. If it was 10-15 minutes or so, I probably sat there and waited (though I didn't write that down.) Other times, several hours may have passed, if I got repeated NJA, got fed up, and turned off the PC to go do something else for a while. I realize those records are kind of flawed, but at least it's something. From now on they will be more detailed.

What was the reaction from Transcend towards all of you that still work there? I have the feeling that if and when I decide to file suit against my company, the work flow will "dry up" for me almost immediately afterward.
Some answers - Boosted Mom
[ In Reply To ..]
Again, these ladies were all apart of a Facebook page created by me when I worked for Transcend. When they started to get stifled and their posts started getting deleted for speaking out, by the then administrators, another page was formed and many people moved over there so they could speak freely. An attorney was put out there for everyone and people started contacting him. That is how the lawsuit came to be.

Take screen shots of your time card. Keep close track of how much down time you have due to NJA. Try to keep track of actual transcription time and also time you take to research things, including demographics.

Apparently word had leaked to the heads at Transcend long ago that a class action was being filed, and also apparently they are non-plussed about it, business as usual, just something else in the course of business. We are hoping to get this out to the media, not just about time not paid but as well the issue of pay being cut in half or more because they thought that editing would make things easier and better, but that surely is not the case. These issues were non-issues before editing came into the picture.

And lastly, the company legally cannot retaliate against you once you have filed a lawsuit, as that will open up a different kind of lawsuit for them. You are protected. Hopefully you'll join in or start your own, it only takes 1 or 2 people to get it started.
Thanks for all the info! - (sm)
[ In Reply To ..]
I like the idea of the secret group on Facebook. I'd forgotten about that. I belong to couple in my own social circle, as well.

I think that so far, that's been one of the biggest roadblocks to MTs trying to stand up for themselves - most of us have no contact with our coworkers. We don't even know who they are, or how many there may be in our own companies.

I guess step-1 would be to start a company MT Facebook page; step-2 would be to post the fact that it exists on the company bulletin board; step-3 would be to get as many MTs on it as possible, keep it interesting, and get people talking; and step-4 would be to have a secret group within that Facebook page that potential members could join only after their identities as true MTs, and NOT management, had been verified.

We get it already - over it

[ In Reply To ..]
It may just be me, but I find it very unprofessional that with a pending lawsuit going on that you would be on here day after day, post after post. You keep saying the same things and it's not new. We are very aware of our situation. This has been going on for years. You took action, good for you, but please stop trying to educate us - it's getting old. How many pats on the back do you want?

whatever... - I have balls, do you?

[ In Reply To ..]
it is just you as this was my first post about it, LOL

I agree and furthermore - Sigh

[ In Reply To ..]
While I applaud them for their endeavors, I find myself wondering which of them will break their arm patting themselves on the back first.

We get it, ladies. You posted links, etc., and we really do get it. Congratulations, good luck, best wishes, etc.

But to come and redirect the boards to this lawsuit constantly is getting somewhat boring.

I do wish the moderator(s) would just give this lawsuit and the strike chatter their own board(s) so those of us who don't wish to ferret through all of the posts about it can find relevant posts easier. Nuance was awarded its own board and it didn't have a fraction of the posts as these 2 topics have generated. JMHO.

And, seriously, ladies...Thanks for the info on the lawsuit and I understand you're quite pleased with yourselves but some of your posts are now teetering on arrogance.

Blast away, I honestly could not care less.

If you can't figure out which posts are about the lawsuit and which aren't - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Then you have bigger problems then you are letting on, as it is very obvious which posts are about the lawsuit and which aren't. Sorry you can't tell the difference. I hope you can decipher things in medical transcription than this fairly simple, easy to navigate site.

Party of 13 - Skeptical MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Congratulations on deciding to take a stand. You mention your expenses, apparently that includes being able to afford to hire an attorney. Looking things up and verifying info is part of an MTs job, it's what we do, and for me it is how I learn. I've always worked in production environments and have been paid that way, but never at home. I have never been paid for looking up information, entering demographics or other non-transcription duties and never gave it any thought until I started reading these posts. Many of the things you think are unique to you because you work at home are quite common, most of us accept it as part of the "job description." Filing the lawsuit and winning will give you some personal satisfaction, I am sure, but as far as it being a "victory for MTs everywhere," that is questionable. Off shore labor still exists, and the work can be done cheaper elsewhere, I would expect the companies to take advantage of that more than they do now in light of lawsuits from employees. Good luck to all of you.

to skeptical MT - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, I am not one of the 13, but I am very glad they have filed this lawsuit. It is not JUST what you mentioned about unpaid time researching, but the environment most of us endure working for any of these big companies.

I have always worked production and I never used to give a second thought to research, it is as you said an inherent part of the job. However, I researched more, proof read almost every line I typed, and STILL made more 10 years ago.

The current environment requires many of us to work 40 hours in order to have benefits. Now with these new rules (only hands on keyboard time counted in that 40, no time allowed reading all the company e-mails, etc)I must really work usually 50-60 hours to be able to have credit in order to get benefits because of those regulations. We still continue the research because that is a necessary part of our job! I personally have failing health and a bad back from sitting 50-60 hours at my computer to meet their new requirements.

Also, in times past we were paid for all of the header info and cc info that we documented and entered. That has been stripped away. Due to the draconian pay cuts, we have been forced to work many extra hours to meet their minimums.

Lastly, about flexing. While it can be a good thing (needing to flex due to appointments, etc) the current work environment is much different. We face no work during often 1/2 to 2/3 of our shift. We are required to log in every 15 to 30 minutes during our scheduled work time to look for work. This prevents us from doing anything else,we are tied to the computer, and all unpaid. Then when we come up short on hours, we are required to "flex" to make up those hours. There have been times in the past I put in 12-14 hours a DAY 7 days a week to try to get my 40 hours in because I NEED my health insurance.

I personally am in school and will be out of MT in hopefully a year, but I certainly wish the best for these 13 and if nothing else, this has made everyone reevaluate the current work situation. Yes, they can offshore even more, BUT if the US MTs are gone, who is going to fix all of those reports? They need multiple layers of QA to ready those reports (I know there are exceptions but I have heard this is often the case). I have also seen and heard some Indian MTs who are equally as upset at their pay/treatment as we are!

What makes you think it costs anything upfront to hire a lawyer? - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
It could be that these lawyers work on something called, I think, contingency..they don't get $$$ unless the case is won. No upfront fees required.

to work like this makes no sense to me - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a true IC for a reason. Yes, I need benefits and I provide them for myself.

To be a working MT for 10 years and to tell me you have to work 50-60 hours a week rather than 40 hours simply because you have to research...this blows me away. Your skill set after 10 years is subpar if you invest 10-20 hours a week in research and I strongly agree getting out of MT is the right choice for you.

About flexing, sigh. So sad. You are not their slave, yet this is your behavior. That does not make the MTSO the bad guy, rather it casts a pallor over my perception of you. Have you ever thought about working in a VM environment so you can work for more than one company at the same time? Neither would know about the other by using a virtural machine, and unless you told them, they would never know.

The environment you work in is the environment you have yet to say NO to. The lawsuit is only going to escalate the tatics used to continue the growth of large MTSOs. The first time a company told me my time card would be altered to reflect hands-on time would be their last. That you continue to accept it is not of their doing; it is of yours.
blaming the victim doesn't help any - suethemall
[ In Reply To ..]
What's the court of law going to say? that's all that matters now. Sigh away if you must.
did not blame the victim - ICManiac
[ In Reply To ..]
The courts cannot be expected to protect individuals from using a modicum of personal common sense. It does strike me that those who allow themselves to STAY victims seek court relief rather than accepting responsibility for their own actions.

I was asked ONCE to modify records in advance of a Joint Commission inspection. I knew in that moment which side of legality I stand on. No one had to tell me to say no or offer court relief for having failed to assert my personal code of conduct. I don't sigh very often for the ones not accepting personal responsibility.
If you wouldn't change your timesheet, they would - mtmom
[ In Reply To ..]
I know because I refused to change mine and they did it for me. Walking away why they break the rules doesn't make the problem go away. The law is the law. It is just that simple, but apparently that simple just doesn't register with you naysayers. How do you think employment law came to be? It all started with people being treated unfairly. Just because people let a company do it (in this economy, you can't just walk into any job), doesn't make it right. It's time to stop it. And if they were to take all the jobs overseas (which they won't), then that is something they would have done anyway, lawsuit or not.
thank you - suethemall
[ In Reply To ..]
looks like things are finally heating up! Hooray!
The Debbie Downers are out in force this morning. - They mustve had a bad weekend...
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
working conditions/rebuttal - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, I am not attacking anyone else for a difference of opinion, we all have them and they are all influenced by our particular experiences.

I was attacked above and told I needed to get out of this profession because I was dumb if I needed to research and work 50-60 hours a week while clocking 40. First of all, I have a degree with a major in biology and a minor in chemistry. Then I had children and I chose this profession to allow me more flexibility (which it used to!). Nowhere did I say I was spending all of that time researching. If you would actually READ what I wrote, I spend hours clicking on the screen and getting "NSA" messages (no studies available). I also spend at least several hours a week reviewing all of the e-mails and all the info on FIESA (required but not counted as "working hours"). Then I can be fired for sending a cc to the wrong physician, and I spend a lot of time Googling for addresses/verifying correct physician, none of which I am paid for.

Then you just say "go get your own insurance." I am really happy for those who can do this, but don't be so quick to criticize others. I had a mastectomy 4 years ago. I cannot just "go get my own insurance." I am happy this works for you, but it does not work for anyone who has any kind of past medical history.

I have worked for 4 companies in the last 5 years. The last 3 companies were bought out by one of the 2 big companies and I end right back where I was. So I am glad this hasn't happened to you again, but don't be so quick to assume this is the case for all and we can just quit. I did quit just 3 months ago and am at another position yet again and the pay and working conditions so far are better, but I am holding my breath since it seems the 2 big companies are quickly devouring other companies.

I am at the point where I WANT to be out and work in an office/hospital and be around others (children all grown now) so I am happily pursuing another career choice and upgrading my skills. I DO think though that these big companies should not be allowed to break the law. I realize it may not result in higher pay (that is not what the lawsuit is about) but I still want to see them follow the laws! Just my opinion!!
Brava! Brava! - ICMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Careful, you'll get a slap down for suggesting an MT be personally responsible.

If a company is doing something illegal, I'm not going to play along. MTs SHOULD be paid if they are working overtime and they should NOT be altering their timecards or have their timecards altered by the company. Those two things are a given in my book.

But somewhere along the line, a little bit of personal responsibility needs to come into play. If you have to work 60 hours to earn the pay for 40, WHY IN HEAVEN'S NAME DO YOU STAY??
What's interesting is the people who are working 60 and putting 40 - mtmom
[ In Reply To ..]
are the ones who technically don't "cut it" by the standards they are setting, when in all actuality they also aren't "cutting it" if they have to work 60 hours to get the technical pay of 40 hours. Just sayin...

As for personal responsibility, obviously these 13 took it upon themselves to do something about it, and now that it is done others are joining in and are taking responsibility. Sometimes better late than never is the way it is.

And as for my personal responsibility, I had this looked at in my state back in 2011, but the attorney wanted $500 down to even look at it, which I did not have. So I found another job within three months as an IC and I get paid $15-$20/hour now. :)

Skeptical, you need to look at the big picture. This - suit is about ALL MTs, not just - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
you, and not just them. These problems are industry-wide & nationwide. It's not about production, or training, or job satisfaction; it's about an employer NOT COMPLYING WITH FEDERAL AND STATE LABOR LAWS. Period.

This aint Transcend's - first rodeo

[ In Reply To ..]
And things could blow up in everyone's face. It will be interesting to see if a decision is made to separate Transcend's US-based workforce in favor of a foreign-based, less suit-happy workforce.
Nor will it be their last, either. MTs have had enough, - and are starting to fight back.
[ In Reply To ..]
XX
Rodeo - Skeptical MT
[ In Reply To ..]
When dealing with a huge corporation, suffice it to say they know all the tricks and all the legal loopholes. Attorneys don't jump on the bandwagon out of the goodness of their heart either, I've never know one who didn't put their pocketbook first. You can bet they'll take their cut of the settlement. As a class action suit, it will probably be so watered down by the time it's over that the people who deserve the compensation won't receive it. Just an observation to the participants, some confidentiality may be in order instead of posting your intentions all over the internet, your employers probably read this board too. If this "ain't Transcend's first rodeo," did anything ever thange before? Probably not.
change comes w/a price - wornoutMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing has ever come of sitting back and allowing the status quo. The money that the lawsuit is asking is not the primary goal, it is pulling the cockroaches out into the light. And I know those brave women are fully aware, as are the other joining them now, of the risk of posting intentions (well intentions are over, the cards are on the table). Eggs have to be broken. If they're brave enough, more power to 'em. Erin Brockovich and her lawyers did the right thing and brought down Goliath. It can be and should be done.

they don't represent ME - googleme

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't make such an assumption.

pay for work performed - wornoutMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I started out nearly 30 years ago. I have worked in offices and I have worked for hospitals before all this production mess and now for 2 nationals. I got some news for you. What you do to produce the document is all-inclusive and you should be compensated for it in some form. We all used to be paid by the hour. Then the suits figured out how they could weasel out of fair pay. But even for a while, many places paid an hourly plus production per se, because you HAVE to do all that as PART OF THE JOB. Those are ALL pieces of the puzzle and have to be done. It has nothing to do with "WORK AT HOME." I disagree highly with your assumption that "MOST of 'us' accept it as part of the 'job description'" if you are not receiving pay for it, it has no business being part of a job description. All of these posts are spurious arguments and trying to demean the many MTs out here who are tired of being treated like child laborers in China. And if we get enough people to really realize what is at stake if these off-shoring practices continue, with their privacy an issue, I think that some of these greedy corporations will have to listen when people start demanding answers. Gosh, I've never seen the like of some of you wanting to put down all of us out who are trying to fight for what is really right.

Amen - sister

[ In Reply To ..]
It is NOT about expenses that we have or do not have in terms of working at home versus working on site, or about the convenience or inconvenience, or about being able to wander around taking care of the kids or working in the garden. And at this point in the lawsuit it is not about whether our wage rates are fair. It is about having the same protection that on site workers have in terms of turning in an accurate time card and being paid the wage that was offered, being paid overtime if it was worked, being supplemented to minimum wage until you can achieve proficiency on your account. At home workers need/deserve to be regulated and protected just as much as any other workers do, we have earned the same rights that other workers have and those who went before us fought for!!

I have no formal training, but I would be glad to go - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
head-to-head with you any day on any dictation thrown my way. Formal MT training is not the only way to learn transcription. I did, however, take college level courses (A&P included) for another program I was pursuing and completed. My actual MT training came from being mentored by some of the best in the business. If you want to be a part of the lawsuit, I have no beef whatsoever with that. After all, to each his/her own. But to berate others because you would "LOVE to see 10 people who have no MT training at all go up against 10 who have training... type reports with a good doctor, one ESL doctor who may not have a full grasp of the English language, one who makes up words as they go along, one who transcribes as they are riding home on the subway, one dictating while having lunch or carrying on a conversation while in the middle of dictating, one who regularly makes mistakes about the sex of the patient or which extremity had been amputated, and several other things we deal with on a daily basis... see if those 10 with no experience would be willing to deal with that on a daily basis at such a low rate of pay and not get paid for looking up things, verifying information, etc. We have training and education for a reason!" is totally unnecessary. Training and education comes in more than 1 way!

SEMANTICS, GET A CLUE... - I have balls, do you?

[ In Reply To ..]
For all you getting your panties in a wad about the way I phrased the 10 with no training versus 10 with training... PLEASE USE YOUR BRAIN... LOL... it is not HARD TO COMPREHEND (or shouldn't be) that those who think they can do this job simply because they know how to type are NOT living in reality... PLEASE GET A GRIP!!!

Similar Messages:

Is It Intra-table Or Anterior Table Of The Acetabulum
Apr 02, 2012

bone screw was placed into the, s/l, intra table area of the acetabulum....Looking at old report I see anterior table, s/l could be intra or inter table but not inner table, which is the only one I can confirm... ...

Party Going On
Dec 13, 2012

The doc is joking around with the nurses; everyone sounds like they are having fun - why did I decide to work at home? It seemed like a good idea at the time. ...

My Gawd, I Think They're Having A Party
Nov 11, 2009

I'm doing a dictation and there must be 6-10 people in the background talking so loudly that I cannot understand the doctor.  I remember when I worked for that large podiatry practice, the doctors would dictate after each patient but that office was always loud (drove me nuts).  I feel bad for the group that does their transcription.     ...

We Should Do A QA Wednesday Party
Mar 29, 2010

Just send everything to QA as a final farewell...   I HATE APRIL FOOLS!  Could they not pick a better day to pull this prank?  Happy First Time Right April Fools Day to ya all. ...

Company Party?
Mar 14, 2013

Has M*Modal aka Medquist every had a company party?  Maybe selecting 6 locations throughout the US to have a party once a year....giving you an opprotunity every year but a likelihood every 6 years? ...

Pity Party
Oct 24, 2014

I stay away from this web site usually.  It's a serious downer.  Everyone having a pity party...or stirring the pot...or spreading rumors (which aren't true).  Y'all sit at your desks (probably during work hours) and complain about how you can't make a decent living, you chalk up a 110 lb weight loss to not enough money for food, you complain that you can't pay your mortgage so you'll just stop paying it and then burn down your house.  You complain about chan ...

Transcend Christmas Party
Dec 03, 2010

Is anyone planning on going.  Is this one in Florida the only one they have? ...

Nja Woo Hoo Party Time But How Do You Get Into Remedy
Jul 04, 2012

What is the login we use and the password is what?  I tried several with no luck..Thats what I get for being lazy and not checking it out earlier..thanks in advance and happy and safe holidays all!!! ...

DocQscribe And Third Party Word Expanders
Feb 18, 2011

Hi - our hospital is going from Chartscript to Medquist DocQscribe.  Was wondering what is the best word expander program to use with DocQscribe, i.e. Instant Text, Shorthand, or SpeedType?  Have any of these programs been useful with DocQscribe or do you find it just as fast to use DocQscribe expanders?  Thank you for your input! ...

Multi-party Conversation Account
Dec 22, 2012

Does anyone know what it is or work on a multi-party conversation account? I am not exactly sure what it is and saw a job posting for "multi-party conversation verbatim account." Thanks in advance for any info. ...

Is There Any Third-party Text Expander That Works With Speechmotion? Sm
Jun 09, 2013

The internal one is just awful! ...

S/l Version Table
Feb 03, 2010

extension-biased home exercise program and s/l version table.   thanks ...

Ortho Table
Aug 26, 2010

This is an open reduction and percutaneous fixation procedure. " Patient was then taken to the operating room, placed in the supine position where her left arm was extended on the (s/l) Carter table...  " I cannot find a Carter table in any reference book or on Google.  Any ideas?   Thank you so much!  ~Reyna. ...

S/l Table Signs
Oct 15, 2011

No past reports to look this up and doctor does not repeat in the report. "# weeks post s/l table signs, left index"   The only thing it mentions about the index is it has a hypertrophic scar. Any ideas? Thank you avulsion injury laceration ...

Tilt Table
Mar 12, 2012

I am doing a tilt table study.  The dictator dictates blood pressure as 60 over s/l nod/naught.  What is the correct way to phrase this?  I have never encountered this before.  Thanks in advance. ...

Inversion Table
May 29, 2013

Has anyone used one of the inversion tables for a bad back?  ...

Reed Table 15
Jun 14, 2013

orthopedics, dictated: impairment of her right upper extremity due to the work-related injury. I consulted and checked with _____ table 15 to arrive at this figure s/l Reed? ...

Two Offers On My Table
Jun 05, 2014

About 3 years ago I was offered a position outside of home in a new medical practice, new doc in town.  They made me so many promises and offered so much, but long story short, I took the job, left my home MT job of 12 years with "big M co".  It was NOT a good move.  Mean doc who left all office decisions to his manager, who was fresh out of high school and a personal friend of his family...  There was constant firing and hiring going on. Last month, it was my turn.  ...

RadNet - Can You Create A Table?
Jul 20, 2010

Are there any RadNet users that know how to create a table in RadNet?  Is it possible?  I know how to create templates, but am stumped.  I know tabbing is not an option; but, occasionally one of my physicians would like me to create a table and have been unsuccessful thus far. Thanks!  ...

Sounds Like Boys Table
Jan 26, 2011

I have looked everywhere and I cannot find this.  I am doing an orthopedics operative report and the physician dictates "boys table".  Boyse table?  Boise table?  I cannot find anything anywhere.  ...

Tilt Table Test
Sep 08, 2011

It's me again. Any help appreciated please and thank you! Tilt table test. Sentence is: Nicole then felt hot and weak, she was pale, diaphoretic, complained of lightheadedness, started having excessive **s/l dysphoretic ** all over. Cannot verify this one. ...

Round Table Meeting
Jan 18, 2013

Today our inhouse hourly waged MTs group figured out a way to keep our work in our clinic and not being outsourced.  We are going to make our present wage AND get back some of the doctors that went to outside line count charge.  We put our heads together and figured it out and our director (not an MT in any way, shape, or form) is all for our plans.  Now that is what I call a first step to keeping our jobs in house!  We were scared to present this but it would have been worse ...

Hana Table - Capitalized OR NOT?
Dec 12, 2014

When I Google this word -- the word with the copyright symbol hana _is NOT capitalized. I am wondering how you would put in a document in the middle of a sentence? hana or Hana table? ...

Type Of Operating Room Table
Jun 12, 2011

Patient is having shoulder surgery.  Doctor is VERY fast and mumbling - "Under general endotracheal anesthesia and the patient supine on the ____  table,...." Sounds like hen-nic  or possibly even "head and neck" but I can't verify this in my books.  Thanks is advance for your time and your help!     ...

Spinal Cord Stim Placement; Pt Placed On S/l Radee Up Table/Radeyup
Oct 07, 2011

xx ...

READY TO GO!!
Apr 13, 2010

Has anyone quit and been able to collect unemployment?  I am just about ready to call it a day, good-by, farewell.   ...

Ready, Set....
Oct 03, 2010

Getting ready to begin testing for a part-time position I REALLY need...Wish me luck! Ready, set....GO!!! ...

Ready To Cry!
Dec 23, 2010

My clinic that I type for just started MTs on editing. I have lost almost $200 in pay on just 1 check until I can somehow double my over 1200 lines I already type a day! Sorry, I just needed to vent before I just bust out crying. ...

Ready To Run 2
Jul 08, 2011

I'm just scared to death of jumping from the frying pain into the fire.  I know there have to be better companies out there.  I work on 15+ accounts, make no money to speak of, my boss makes me feel guilty if I want 2 hours off, forgets to send me e-mails that she sends everyone else, changed my PTO after it was already approved, and I could go on.  Today may be notice day after 12 years with this company. ...

RE: I Have Already Been Getting Ready And Will
Apr 27, 2012

http://the99spring.com/ How exactly will you differentiate between staff who are legitimately sick and those who are not?  I can't wait for all the EEOC, wage, unemployment, etc., claims to start as well as the legal jeopardy that your company can and will face in the event of unlawful termination.  The legal clinics will be very busy.  You would be very surprised at the resources that exist for the poor. They just don't know about them. Yet that is. Oh what an ...