A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance ES MTs. How do you keep accurate count of your lines? - former Encompass

Posted: Feb 15, 2011

When I was Encompass, we used MT Monitor for EditScript, which did a fairly good job.  I never much paid attention to the Alt + x Metrics because of using MT Monitor pretty exlusively. 

Now, since MT Monitor is soon to be nixed, apparently, it has stopped counting lines (just characters, but I can divide those by 65) and is missing whole reports over periods of time for me.  But Metrics is even worse.  It's recording only about 2/3 of my reports, if that. 

I don't know how much I'm doing per day anymore, nor do I know how I'm going to verify my paycheck being correct.  This is a royal mess, AFAIC.  I think I may have actually been cheated out of about $20 on my last paycheck (that Feb. 1 to 5 one), but I have no way to totally confirm that now, without spending hours and hours combing through all the reports in my name under Search Dictations (I also work 3rd shift, so there may be a time zone difference mess involved).

Is there maybe some trick to getting an accurate count with Metrics that I just don't know about?  I've e-mailed my team lead twice now and have yet to get a response. 

Oh, goodness. I feel stupid now (but incredibly relieved). - former Encompass

[ In Reply To ..]
I have 2 shift IDs, one that puts me on a few more work types, and I didn't realize I had separate Metrics for each and have to add them together, derp.

Feeling quite relieved now, though I haven't had the chance to double-check for total accuracy yet (but it certainly "looks" to be close to what I expected at this point).

Similar Messages:

Can You Recommend An Accurate Line Counting Program For Gross Lines?
Mar 10, 2010

I have been using MPCount for several years but recently upgraded to a new laptop & it will not work on it - incompatible. I tried out their new trial version of MPTools but it does not count my gross lines the same & I would be losing more $ than I would like with it. There is something programmed into the newer version that counts differently somehow. (That was even confirmed with the person who produced this program.) Are there any other line counting software programs out t ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Ine Count Program That Works With Word And Doesn't Count Blank Lines?
Feb 18, 2012

Does anyone know of a line count program that works with Word and doesn't count blank lines? ...

Nuance Line Counts Are Accurate?
Apr 05, 2014

Nuance gives me my line counts and they are loaded onto WebClock.  I have no idea what reports they are counting.  How do you know if the Nuance line counts are accurate?  I worked for several other companies and not only did they give the line counts but a tally of the reports that were counted.  So if I kept a log of daily reports I could compare to the total of reports that the company was counting.  With Nuance there is no way to know what reports they are counting.  I am on Dictaphone ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

Best Way To Count Lines In Word?
Mar 08, 2010

What is the best way to count lines in Word? Thanks you ...

Going From Nuance To TTS - How Are The Lines?
May 28, 2014

I see edit line requirements 250 per hour. At Nuance sometimes the SR is so crappy that might be difficult to do and maintain their Fiesa crap.  Is it easier to get lines?  Is the SR such that you are not correcting every other word?  Appreciate any info. ...

Nuance Lines Per Hour
Sep 19, 2013

Does anyone know how Nuance figures lines per hour.  We just moved to production pay and I'll be damned if I can figure out how they determine LPH.  What I see in EditScript and what they tell me are completely different but there is no rhyme or reason to it.  Seems like a crap shoot - I never know how I'm doing.  Thanks for any input.  ...

Webmedx/Nuance Lines Per Hour
Nov 18, 2011

How many lines per hour are most people averaging right now on this platform? I am getting a mixture of straight type /VR that varies daily. They have not shown us any reports of how everyone is doing as a group. I don't think I can make the quota in 8 hours to qualify for benefits. I am trying.  We have open enrollment for insurance ending November 30.  The 1st week in December, they will tell us what the pay plan is for the future.  Granted, insurance ra ...

Nuance Hours/lines Discrepancy
Nov 30, 2011

There was a post last week on Nuance pay discrepancies. I had a 3 hour discrepancy, didn't think too much of it. I thought maybe I made a mistake. This time it is a 5 hour discrepancy. I know I didn't make a 5 hour mistake on my time punches. My lines are not what they should be either. I am about to find another job. I don't make enough as it is without being shorted. Did anyone else notice this with this last pay period? ...

Nuance - How Do I Find My Line Count?
May 05, 2011

I know it isnt much as there is hardly any work, but where on earth do I find my line count for escription?  I can find it for anything that goes through QA but not the rest.  Anyone tell me......?  Thanks.  ...

Does Anyone Think The Nuance Line Count Is Fishy?
May 24, 2012

I think the lines are padded.  After typing all day at break neck speed, I am shocked at the end of the day how low my line count is.  I work for another company doing the same thing, just as fast, and I get double the lines.  Well, we will never know because at Nuance we can't copy the report and paste it into Word to get a line count because it is blocked, I think they do that on purpose and that way we can't check our lines to see if it is accurate, which I know ...

Line Count Requirement Nuance
Mar 06, 2013

Does anyone know the minimum line count per hour required for Nuance for an MLS.  Thanks Vick ...

Question About Nuance Policy On Qualified (template) Lines
Dec 03, 2014

I was originally with one of the ambulatory groups that came through the back door of Nuance.  Our old ways of doing things have slowly been phased out since Nuance acquired us.  Currently I get 8.5 cpl for standard lines and 1 cpl for qualified (template) lines.  I haven't gotten the email about the video yet, but I've been reading on here about the new 7 cpl rate. What about template lines? Does Nuance pay for template lines? Thanks...  ...

Required Line Count Webmedx/Nuance
Jan 29, 2012

Would anyone be willing to tell me how may lines they require per week/payperiod?  TIA.   ...

Accentus/Nuance - Anyone Not Making Line Count
Feb 24, 2013

Anyone not making line count for Accentus?  I am making about half required and will have 2 weeks to make line count.  Canadian accounts.  What happens if I cannot make it, will they let me go?   ...

WMX/nuance - Did Not Make The Required Line Count One Week
Nov 07, 2011

Relatively new.  Did not make the required line count one week.  Is this a biggie or are you okay as long as you average out for payperiod?  What might I expect? ...

Anyone At Accentus/Nuance Ever Got Fired For Not Meeting The Line Count?
Feb 02, 2013

I was wondering if anyone at Accentus ever got fired for not meeting the line count? ...

What Happens At Nuance If You Are Part-time And Cannot Always Make Line Count?
Apr 26, 2013

I can do it most of the time, but every now and then I miss it, sometimes by as much as 20 lines per hour. I have had 1 email asking that I use my time more productively and make the line count. I actually do use my time as productively as I can. I admit, although I have done this for years, I am not great with VR editing. Also, with the high standards and deductions in FIESA, I really listen and listen again to much of my transcription so I don't fall below wanted numbers there. I am doing ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Meeting Line Count Requirement At Nuance?
Nov 06, 2014

Just wondering ...

TTD Pay Accurate?
May 07, 2012

Do they pay on time and is pay accurate?  Is it 8 cpl?  Thanks. ...

Editscript VR Only 50% Accurate
Mar 05, 2010

So you get a report where the text has been typed by a computer. Then you must edit it. My sources (a large regional hospital MT Dept) tells me that the computer generated text is only 50% accurate, a far cry from what the vendors will tell the dupes at the hospitals who are buying into this junk. ...

Does Anybody Know If LPH Stats In 7.2 Accurate?
Mar 28, 2013

Mine shows consistently over the 150 minimum and sometimes over 200, but my supervisor keeps saying I am below 150, and you know what that means..... ...

Babbletype Ad Under Jobs Is Not Accurate
Feb 25, 2013

Ad says 0.90 per minute for verbatim transcription.  But when you click on their link to take their test it says 0.25 per minute, which they say translates to a steady income of $100 per week.  They are obviously not gearing their ad toward U.S. transcriptionists as none of us can live on that. ...

Even With Accurate ASR, Still Minimum Wage.
Mar 18, 2013

I had a couple of ASR reports that were stellar, being of the quality we were promised (of course, not from my usual accounts), and yet, the lph was still around minimum wage (hovering around 200). What's up with that!? The new statistics graphic shows the proof. Geez, they keep handing us more and more proof that earning a living wage doing ASR for MM is hopeless. Anyone doing at least 300 lph without having dictator standard reports? ...

Line Counts Accurate?
Sep 14, 2013

Over the last 2 pay periods, I have noticed my line counts not being as high as usual.  I have not changed anything and Im still doing the same hospitals.  I wonder did they stop paying for canned dictation?  That would not be right, sometimes that takes longer than just editing or typing because the doctor wants to change this, put in that, remove this.  It is not like we are just bringing up templates.  This job is so stressful.  I just want to be able to sit down ...

MM ASR Shows Off Even More Talent (in Not Being Accurate)
Nov 01, 2013

ASR replaced the dictated generic with the brand name of the drug. What the heck??? Now it is prescribing brand-name medications along with diagnosing patients and doing physical examinations. MM ASR is certainly multi-talented. ...

Does It Seem Like The Line Counts Are Not Accurate? SM
Jan 24, 2014

It seems like I am still working as hard and doing as many reports, but my line count is lower.  I was wondering if is just me?  Did they change the format or something? ...

Check This Out! How Accurate! (inside)
May 19, 2014

Fluency Statistics Not Accurate For My Latest Shift
Dec 04, 2012

After a complete 8-hour shift, my statistics in Fluency as well as my Job Upload History in DocQScribe show me as having corrected (SR) 9 reports for a whopping total of 357 lines.  There is no way that this can be correct.  Did something happen to some of my uploads or is anyone else having this problem? ...