A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

iMedX platforms with Office Home and Student - sm

Posted: May 14, 2014

Hoping someone out there can answer my question.  I'm new with iMedX.  I have Office Professional 2013 on my computer.  According to their techs, their platforms aren't compatible with 2013.  It has to be 2010 or lower.  (Office 2013 has been compatible with other companies, but not with iMedX.) 

Someone has offered to let me use her Office 2007 Home and Student (not Pro), but we're not sure it will work with the iMedX platforms, which are IKM and Scribe. 

Any experience with Home and Student on IKM and Scribe?

I don't think it matters if it is student or full - sm - WorkerBee

[ In Reply To ..]
version. I have the 2010 student version on my new computer I just bought, though have not tried it in regards to work with IKM/Scribe, all are installed and working just fine though. But word works independently from IKM/Scribe. You type you work in your word program and paste it into Scribe/IKM. You can work directly in IKM/Scribe if you want but I would not recommend it, too slow and no expander usage. So I doubt the fact that it is "student" and not the regular version really matters. I think the issue is how it saves the document which I would presume all the 2010 versions are the same in that aspect.

What your - Home and Student

[ In Reply To ..]
version is missing is Outlook. You should check with their IT techs to find out if that version will work without Outlook, because the student version on all of the Office suites does not have Outlook. I don't know about IKM and Scribe, but this is definitely the case for the EditScript platform, as it uses Word and Outlook.

Similar Messages:

MS Office Home And Student
Apr 03, 2014

I have heard different interpretations of the "no commercial use" rule by Microsoft about the Home and Student version of Office.  Some say you cannot use this version to work from home as an MT, and some say it only means that Home and Student version just doesn't have all the bells and whistles someone would need for commercial use.   I just called Microsoft, and the rep told me that it IS okay to use it in that way, but I don't feel confident he really knew what I was ask ...

MS-Office Home & Student Vs. Professional
Apr 28, 2014

Do most of us have Microsoft Office Home & Student version or the Professional version?  The only difference I can see is that Professional has 2 other features, Publisher and Access, which most of us don't need in our MT work.  I can buy 2010 Home and Student for about 1/3 the cost of 2010 Professional.  Thoughts? ...

Shortcut Keys Microsoft Office 2007 Home And Student
Sep 25, 2014

Recently got new computer with windows 7 (old one had Vista) and put my word office 2007 home and student back on ...my shortcut keys (like F7) for spellcheck are not working...and I want to get the spellcheck visible on the task bar...any ideas how I can fix? Thanks!! ...

EditScript And Office 2003 Student
Jun 20, 2012

Does anyone know if Microsoft Office 2003 student/teacher and EditScript 10.2 work together? I thought I saw somewhere it was not supported. I also have Vista 64 bit. Thanks. ...

Does Anyone Know If Nuance Platforms Are Compatible With Office 365?
Oct 26, 2014

Hello.  I am looking into a job with Nuance and am wondering if their platforms are compatible with Microsoft Office 365?  I was told by the recruiter I need at minimum Microsoft Word 2007 Professional.  I have Microsoft Office 2003 Student/Teacher right now and I would rather get all the programs if I could.  That is where the question is coming from.  Thanks! ...

Microsoft Word Home And Student
Jan 14, 2015

Can you use the Microsoft Word Home and Student version with the Nuance platforms? ...

Anybody Use Word 2007 Or 2010 Home & Student With EScription V10?
Aug 14, 2013

Thanks ...

HITECH - Home Office
Feb 11, 2010

I'm wondering where other people have their home offices/work computers?  My desk is currently in a corner of the living room but it's not in the main living area, so to speak. It's kind of off in this nook area off the living room. My monitors face outside and not into the living room.  I'm wondering if I'm going to have to figure out someplace else to put everything to be in compliance? I do have my computers password locked so no one else can ...

Home Office Tax Deductions
Sep 26, 2012

Tax deduction when you work at home is definitely worth it. My friend is an accountant and anything done to improve your house is deductible (including crazy things like carpet cleaning, window cleaning). I even deducted new appliances and furniture and carpets ( in other rooms). ...

Home Office Deductions For Employees
Nov 18, 2009

I did some research and have found that at least according to Federal Government guidelines, you can deduct home office expenses if you are an employee.  The one big stipulation is that you are working at home because it is convenient for the employer.  In other words, they cannot provide you with an office.  Of course, in our case that is a no-brainer.  The rest was pretty straight forward and much the same and I am doing now for tax deductions as an SE.  My accountant ...

Home Office Deduction Questions
Jan 27, 2015

Using H&H this year, not using the new simplified deduction.  I understand the square footage, utilitities, all that and have done that part.  My office is a dedicated room, no problem there.  What I don't understand is where to deduct my supplies, internet, etc.  I want to count ink cartridges, paper, internet, Shorthand,  stuff like that but not sure where to do that.  I already paid for this tax software (it was a deal through Amazon) but maybe I should ...

Ideal Office Furniture For Transcribing At Home
Mar 09, 2010

I am trying to find a desk and chair under $100 ideally that is comfortable and doesn't cause of a lot of strain on my wrists.  Did any of you who work at home purchased your furniture at a specific store?  I would appreciate any suggestions. ...

Home Office Tax Deduction For Employee Status?
Mar 29, 2010

Has anyone claimed the home office credit while being an employee rather than IC? Does anyone know the "rules" with that? Seems that it could still be claimed since we HAVE to work from home. This is my first year as an employee, so I am curious. Thanks for any input. ...

How Many Of You File Home Office Deduction On Your Taxes?
Jan 28, 2011

I have not filed for the home office deduction in the past, even though I do have a fair size room dedicated solely to my office so, therefore, I would qualify. This year I had to buy a new computer for my job. My husband works out of state, so we have a lot of deductions for him and I am wondering if I should file for the home office deduction or not? I know it is quite often flagged for audit by the IRS, but I feel I am entitled to it. I just do not want to risk the higher chance of being au ...

On Taxes, Does Anyone Claim The Home Office Deduction?
Mar 15, 2012

I'm doing my taxes on TurboTax and it says you can claim the home office deduction if you work at home for the "benefit of your employer, ie, if no office or desk is provided."  Does this apply to us ?  I'm worried about taking the deduction and getting audited or something.  I've never taken it in the past.  Wondering if it's even worth it for me if we indeed can take it (I don't own a home).  ...

Home Office Work - Part Time Only
Mar 18, 2013

Just by chance, does anyone know of an office job or other work from home, part time only? I am an MT myself but know of someone needing just an office job from home, she is not an MT. Any ideas would be appreciated. ...

Imedx?? Anyone Home?
Mar 24, 2015

No work today on accounts and zero emails about backlogs, etc.  Anyone home??  I don't think we should have to chase down info and work for Pete's sake.  You hired us to work, remember?  Why is it you can call me on my day off for "help" but when we are on working our agreed upon schedules...nothing.  So tiring.  Anyone else agree? ...

Nothing But Office Notes And Office Letters With No ADT Tonight And Last Night. A Recipe For Perfor
Mar 08, 2014

Numerous cc's not in the database which have to be added, address and all. Short reports, of course, that take 3x longer than the dictation time. Just shoot me now. I can't wait until I get a new job! Came close today - job lead was 1/2 day too late. :-( Hopefully the other person won't work out :-} ...

Need To Convert From Office 2013 To Office 2010
Apr 26, 2014

I'm starting with a new company next week.  My Windows 7 PC has Office 2013 Professional.  The new company's platform is only compatible with 2010 or earlier.  I don't have the money to spend on 2010, so I'll either have to decline the offer or try to find a way to install 2010 cheaply.  I thought I might be able to download a version for free, since it's not the newest version, but it doesn't look like I can do that.  Any ideas? ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

Student/ New Mt
Nov 28, 2009

I am currently a student and will be finished with my studies in a few weeks.  I really need some information on the software I will need in addition to MS Word/ Works and what pedal to get.  I also need direction on getting working as soon as possible.  Part time from home is what I really need as I am currently working a 40+ an hour job until I can go to full time transcribing.  Any information that would get me started in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. ...

EX VLC Student
Dec 29, 2009

Has anyone heard about what VLC has done to its students??? We have all been scammed!! Are there any of us out there? I saw a posting that said we could talk and post here.   Thanks ...

Student MTs???
Oct 01, 2010

Should student MTs be asking for word help in this forum? Is that a big no-no? Trying not to step on toes... ...

If It Looks Like IMEDX, Talks Like IMEDX, It Is IMEDX
Feb 28, 2015

No one on this board seems to give specifics when they get canned from IMEDX. So my question is this: Can each person who got laid off/fired let us know more details. Were you PT or full time, did they call or did they email, did you have options, or just firing. How many lines did you do per day. Some of us may not be in your situation and you may have been just an employee that was not worth IMEDX's time and they got rid of you while they may keep all the others, or full timers. Details p ...

Student With Many Questions
Jan 19, 2010

I am a student who really wants to go back to work!  I only have one more class and then I'm done with my transcription certificate but I'm having a hard time wanting to go back and finish my medical secretary diploma.  I'm also having a hard time trying to find an internship here in poe-dunk Iowa.  I just want someone else's opinion!  Can someone give me an idea??? ...

MT Student Needs Advice
Mar 10, 2010

My name is Chelsea and I am enrolled in the MT program at Allied Schools. I have been practicing transcription for about 3 weeks now and it is kicking my butt! I am freaking out and I just don't know what to do.. Any advice??  I feel like such a failure and I could really use any advice that ya'll have to offer.   Thanks! ...

Student Doctors!
Nov 04, 2010

Why, oh why, oh why can't the students hit the PAUSE button when they are dictating to gather their thoughts?  Why must I sit through listening to page turning, and "thinking" noises?  Meanwhile, time is money in this job ... and I really am getting tired of this!  My main account is a large teaching hospital, and so I get alot of students, residents, fellows ... etc.  <grrrrrrrrr> OK .. I feel better now that I just vented!  :) ...

Why Do Some Not Allow MS Word Student?
Jan 25, 2011

x ...

AHIMA Student
Apr 08, 2011

Hi all of you wannabe coders out there.  I have just finished my A&P course with AHIMA and am starting coding basics.  I would love to communicate those out there who are in this program, just starting out or previous students.  Let me know how far along you are and also what your background is.   I am very excited about getting to do this program.  I have been a transcriptionist for almost 20 years and am totally burned out, both physically and mentally.  ...

Student Rant
Jul 11, 2011

I am months away from completing an "associates degree" in MT at a well-known online "university."  As I have prepared to change careers and start finding a job, I have realized what you all seem to already know...the job pickings are slim at best, and NO ONE wants to hire a newbie.  In short, I have never felt so taken advantage of and just...scammed.  The education I have received is sub-par, with more time spent with unnecessary classes like "Keyboarding" than with classes tha ...