A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone know if Nuance platforms are compatible with Office 365? - wondering

Posted: Oct 26, 2014

Hello.  I am looking into a job with Nuance and am wondering if their platforms are compatible with Microsoft Office 365?  I was told by the recruiter I need at minimum Microsoft Word 2007 Professional.  I have Microsoft Office 2003 Student/Teacher right now and I would rather get all the programs if I could.  That is where the question is coming from.  Thanks!

You need Office 2007 Professional - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I was in the same predicament, trying to avoid paying for 2007 Professional that was SO expensive. However, to my knowledge there are no MTSO's that will accept Office 365. I had to bite the bullet and spend the bucks for Office 2007 Pro. It was that, or not have an MT job.

I wonder what the difference is between MS Office 365 and - MS Office Prof 2007?

[ In Reply To ..]
They both have Word 2007. I am sure there is some kind of difference as 365 is cheaper. ???

I think that 365 is done in the "cloud" --sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I also think you pay for 365 every year.

Thanks for the reply and for not making me feel dumb for asking! - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Does it have to be Office 2007 or can it be newer? - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Office 2007 is still a bit dated and if I'm going to spend the money I'd rather get a newer version. Thanks!

Not all the platforms compatible with 2010, I believe. sm - acuteMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
I would double-check what platform you'll be using and what the most current version of Office is compatible. I do know that 365 isn't compatible with any of them.

Similar Messages:

Companies Compatible With Office 2013
Jun 04, 2014

I've noticed that some companies are insisting on 2007 or 2010 Office systems, depending on what their platforms support.  I currently work for a company whose platform is compatible with Office 2013, which is what I have on my PC, but we're running out of work more and more.  I need to find another company that will accept Office 2013.  Are there are any others out there? ...

IMedX Platforms With Office Home And Student
May 14, 2014

Hoping someone out there can answer my question.  I'm new with iMedX.  I have Office Professional 2013 on my computer.  According to their techs, their platforms aren't compatible with 2013.  It has to be 2010 or lower.  (Office 2013 has been compatible with other companies, but not with iMedX.)  Someone has offered to let me use her Office 2007 Home and Student (not Pro), but we're not sure it will work with the iMedX platforms, which are IKM and Sc ...

64 Bit -- Compatible With Transcend/Nuance??
Oct 03, 2012

just got a new computer, and realized the box says 64 bit -- I think i remember being told that is not compatible with the job stuff.  Do you know????  what is that mean anyway, "bit"? ...

Nuance Platforms Advice
Dec 29, 2014

Considering Nuance... please do not steer me clear, need income so looking. Any advice on the platforms they use would be appreciated. ...

Those Non-Nuance Platforms Re. Meeting?
Mar 20, 2015

I am surprised they didn't have the meeting muted on your side so they could just spin their side of everything and to $#$@ with the questions.  Your grid must evidently be different from the one we are on (Enterprise system) but I am sure if they take away something from one group, they will find a way to hit another group next.  Didn't they try to reduce your rates once before, then backpedaled on it?  Not sure how many of you are impacted by this, but I have to wonde ...

Is Nuance Compatible With Windows 7/Vista 64 Bit Systems? Sm
Mar 21, 2011

I'm wondering because posting says now compatible with Windows 7/64 systems, but actual information on job info page for the application says 32 bit systems only but that is as of Feb. Anyone know for sure? I have 8 GB of memory and only Vista 64 and Windows 7 can utilize higher than 4 GB of memory.  The 32 bit systems can only utilize a max of 4 GB of memory.  Makes a huge difference.  TIA! ...

Nuance Platforms - What Version Of Word 2010
Sep 21, 2012

What version of Word 2010 do you have to have for the platforms?  Thanks! ...

How Long Does It Take Nuance To Convert Platforms To Their Methods On Companies And Accounts Acquire
Sep 24, 2013

My company was acquired by Nuance a few months back and so far the only thing that has changed has been e-mail addresses.  Paystubs even still reflect our original company name.  Will they keep our proprietary platform or make us change to eScription soon?  Also, we're all ICs.  Does anyone know if we will be required to become Nuance employees at the first of the year?  ...

Anybody Work In The Nuance Office In Melbourne, FL?
Jul 18, 2012

Hello, I saw an ad on MT Jobs for a customer service position in the office in Melbourne.  I live in that area and while I love working at home, it sounds like a secure, hourly position with benefits that might get me to retirement.  Does anyone know what the working conditions are like?  Thanks so much for anything you can tell me. ...

Nothing But Office Notes And Office Letters With No ADT Tonight And Last Night. A Recipe For Perfor
Mar 08, 2014

Numerous cc's not in the database which have to be added, address and all. Short reports, of course, that take 3x longer than the dictation time. Just shoot me now. I can't wait until I get a new job! Came close today - job lead was 1/2 day too late. :-( Hopefully the other person won't work out :-} ...

Need To Convert From Office 2013 To Office 2010
Apr 26, 2014

I'm starting with a new company next week.  My Windows 7 PC has Office 2013 Professional.  The new company's platform is only compatible with 2010 or earlier.  I don't have the money to spend on 2010, so I'll either have to decline the offer or try to find a way to install 2010 cheaply.  I thought I might be able to download a version for free, since it's not the newest version, but it doesn't look like I can do that.  Any ideas? ...

Not Always Compatible...
Jan 23, 2011

I was going to apply to QED but found that they do not take applicants from California. I was going to apply to Inscribe but apparently their system does not get along with my Win 7 64-bit OS or my MS Word 2010. I'm just glad I didn't go through the testing process before finding this out!  FYI:  MTs, esp. new ones: When you're researching companies, you can save yourself a lot of time and frustration by  checking these basics first.   ...

Looking For A Company That Is Compatible With
Nov 17, 2011

Windows 7 - 64 bit.  Having a hard time finding a company that accepts this on my computer and I am not currently in a financial position to change this at the moment.  Can anyone recommend a company or platform that is compatible or how I might research this myself?  Thank you very much. ...

Does Anyone Know If A 64-bit Computer Is Compatible
Dec 09, 2013

with BTXT?  I've e-mailed support, but figured I might get a quicker answer here.  TIA! ...

Platforms?
Jun 23, 2010

Could somebody explain to me what a platform is? I am being asked what kind of platforms I am familiar with and I'm not sure what they are looking for here. I have always done my reports in Word or Clarus in Windows XP, received my files via the internet through an FTP or through digital voice through a C-phone, and used only a SmartType word expander as addition software. I know this sounds like such a dumb question, but I am really not sure what I am looking for here. Thanks much! ...

Platforms For MT's
Jan 27, 2012

Having been a transcriptionist for years and having worked on a few different platforms, I feel that the platform itself is our major tool for achieving production. I hate the platform I am on now and feel so frustrated that I used to make more because the platform allowed me to produce.  Would anyone like to share which platforms they thought were great as well as which ones werent?  ...

NSA On All Platforms?
Oct 17, 2012

Just being curious, is the NSA or OOW situation across all platforms, like Enterprise, Escription, or is it just a few?  I'm wondering if they are offshoring all platforms or just certain ones.  ...

Which Platforms Are 88%
Dec 15, 2014

I didn't get an email, but my TSM is off until tomorrow. Can anyone share which platforms are being downgraded to 88%? ...

Platforms
Jun 18, 2015

Just wondering what all plaform Nuance uses and how you all feel about them. ...

Is DocQScribe Compatible With Vista? Nm
Feb 20, 2010

xxx ...

Is SoftScript Compatible With Windows 7? Nm
Apr 03, 2012

ChartNet Compatible With Windows 7?
Jun 22, 2012

Hi all.  Is ChartNet compatible with Windows 7? TIA Bee ...

Windows 8 And DocQscribe 7.1 Compatible?
Oct 29, 2012

Does anyone know if the new Windows 8 is compatible with DocQscribe 7.1?  I really need a new laptop and see that since the new Windows 8 has come out it is harder to find a new computer with Windows 7 on it.  I'd appreciate anybody's input.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Hiring That Is Compatible With Windows 8 ???
Dec 28, 2012

Asking for a friend ... thanks! ...

Is Editscript Compatible With Windows 8?
Sep 18, 2013

I have been wanting to get a work laptop for a while now, but the only ones i can find are windows 8. Also, will the foot pedal work with this operating system?   Thanks, ire ...

Platform Compatible With Windows 8?
Jan 24, 2014

Does anyone know of a company that uses a platform compatible with Windows 8? ...

If Chartnet Is Compatible With Windows 8?
Feb 19, 2014

Does anyone know if Chartnet is compatible with windows 8?  I am getting so many winsock and other crazy errors everytime Im working with Chartnet - losing productivity.  I do not get these errors with any other software on my PC.  I use XP right now.  I am willing to purchase a new PC if it seems to be an issue with my PC and Chartnet!  My machine is 10+ years old with some updates, 3 GB ram and it shows 256 MB harddrive even though its a 500.  Processor is 2.0.  I know this is a litt ...

What Antivirus Is Compatible With The New Windows
Apr 20, 2014

My fiance put "Viper" on and it was not compatible with escription.  Any ideas?  TIA. ...

Is Mmodfal Compatible With Firefox?
Feb 14, 2015

My IE is real, real slow, so I want to switch to Firefox, but not sure if there will be a problem using MModal with it.  Does anyone know if Firefox can be used as a browser with MModal? ...

Shorthand Is Compatible With Windows 8.1 ?
May 28, 2015

Does anyone know if Shorthand is compatible with Windows 8.1? ...