A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wow!! Just earned a whole whopping $34 for 6 hours of work - sm

Posted: Nov 24, 2014

Gee, what should I do with my newfound wealth? UGH!

Are you paid for spaces? What platform do you work on? - See msg

[ In Reply To ..]
I have 2 jobs one VR full-time VBC only and one part-time paid for everything on the page, straight typing IC status.

In 4 hours I do over 800 lines on my part-time straight typing job, paid for spaces.

On my full-time, employee status, VR and VBC characters only, I produce around 600-700 lines in 4 hours...is that off or what?!?!

I can effortlessly go above and beyond line count on my part-time, IC, straight typing job, but labor to do the same on the job that's speech rec, visible black characters only...sigh. I don't want to be responsible for paying my own taxes and social security/retirement so I prefer employee status for full-time.

If IC at least took out social security and medicare, I would deal with paying the taxes and forget about employee status.

How did that happen? - still typing

[ In Reply To ..]
Is your line rate very low, or were you not able to produce many lines due to crappy platform? or something else?

Platform is FutureNet (horrible), I supposedly do get paid for - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
spaces, but editing is 3 cpl and as we all know, that takes just as much time as straight typing. I feel sick to my stomach. Glad to be getting out!

FN Platforms - BeenThere

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry you got caught up in working for this company. Or maybe you are working for another company using their platform. It is truly impossible to make a living wage with FN's platform on speech wreck. The platform will NEVER learn the mistakes and will NEVER improve - absolutely NEVER. For a tech company, this place totally does not care if their systems work well for the workers. It's all about taking care of their customers, absolutely not about taking care of their workers.

I hope you find a better place to work. Best wishes.

And on this platform you cannot use expanders. If I had not - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
been so desperate for a job, but I know we all know how that is:(

Similar Messages:

One Hour Into My Shift, Did A Whopping 2 Jobs!!!
Feb 26, 2013

On a brighter note, did 2 loads of laundry and mopped the floor!! ...

Earned $23.00 Less Than I Would Have Before
Dec 17, 2014

One error the entire week and my kids have to pay for it...that would have bought a few Christmas presents.  Go Scrooge yourselves, Nuance higher-ups.  To all of you:  FY!!!--and that DOESN'T stand for Fabulous Yuletide. My motivation is gone. Ho-ho-ho.         ...

Offered Position With MModal Paying A Whopping
Oct 19, 2012

4 cpl editing; however, 99.5% will be Voice Recognition I was told. Then she went on to say you guys average anywhere from 287 to 300 LPH with Voice Wreck. When she got into the part about they pay for up to 2 consecutive spaces, and if you send more than 5% to QA, I sort of zoned out. Told her I will give her my decision once I think about it over the weekend. Not. Whew it was depressing just listening to all of their demands. ...

Offering A Whopping 5 Bucks An Hour If You Do Overtime
Jun 03, 2013

They are offering a whopping 5 bucks an hour if you do overtime. Just another slap in the face. ...

How Could I Have Earned So Little This Pay Period!!!
Dec 10, 2009

I'm $200 short.  The big difference is I did more ASR this pay period.  At this rate, the rent is now at least 3/4 of my monthly earnings.  How am I going to pay the bills and still eat? Hope I can survive until I'm out of here?  Counting down - 7 more months to go until my training for a new career is finished.  ...

Earned Time Pay
Dec 26, 2011

Is it customary to get paid a flat rate for earned time/vacation pay? I make on average $20-$25 per hour based on my line count but when I request earned time I am paid $12 per hour. When I first started with this company several years ago, their written policy which I was given had a complex system in which they figured out your earned time rate for a particular week by averaging the last four weeks...... That certainly has never been the way I have been paid for any earned time I have taken wi ...

Another Day, Another Dollar Not Earned. This Is More Than
Jan 04, 2012

ridiculous at this point.  Yes I am looking for something else and yes I did file for partial unemployment but have not been approved yet.  My husband and I just had a blowup because he wants me to just up and quit but I do not want to do that and we can't afford that but we can't afford for me to be going to work every day and not earning anything.  Sorry for venting but I'm losing my mind here.... ...

Typed 24 Reports So Far; Have Earned 24.97
Apr 20, 2012

nm ...

Urology, MD Says Urned/earned Infertility Expert.? Nm Tia
Nov 09, 2009

nm ...

ShurCan Says They Are "very Picky," Yet They Offer A Whopping 5-7 Cpl. Nm
May 05, 2013

xx ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

Is It Possible To Get 40 Hours' Work In 40 Hours?
Aug 09, 2014

If it takes more, how many more? I realize this is an answer dependent on many factors, but I'm talking in general terms. Thank you. ...

Less Than 24 Hours PT??
Nov 20, 2009

I understand with 24 hours you get PTO, but can you be scheduled for less than 24. That is a lot for a PT position. Most companies only require 20 per week. ...

Q8h Or Every Eight Hours?
Mar 12, 2010

Which is correct? I thought I had remembered something from the BOS (which I can't find in my office right now) that said if the dictator said q 8 hours then it should be spelled out as every eight hours. Is that correct or am I losing my mind? ...

Best Hours
Aug 28, 2010

I know there are so many on here who are fed up with Medquist.  But, can anyone tell me if there is any shift or days that work is usually available?  Overnight shift?  Evenings?  I have 2 friends who work for MQ and they are not out of jobs when they work.  (well, that's what they tell me).  They said it actually just depends on the account.   Is anybody here OK with MQ, maybe not perfectly happy, but not destitute either?  TIA ...

Every 4 Hours
Jun 29, 2011

so can someone clear me up about how to type q4h   ?? (as in every 4 hours).    thanks! ...

Only 8 Hours...
Dec 08, 2011

Ok, I'm not as fast as I used to be and the doctors keep giving names of physicians that are not on their list and are spelled different ways so I take the time to look them up because blanks are not a thing I like to leave on a report.  Today we get an email that we can no longer work off the clock which for me is a problem.  Do you take the time to look things up like that or what do you do to get past the OCD of trying not to leave a blank?  I feel like MQ is chasing ...

Q.6-8 Hours?
Apr 25, 2012

Doc says q. 6 to 8 hours with food.  Is that transcribed "q.6-8 hours"? Thanks for any help! ...

TTS - 8 Hours
Jul 15, 2012

I thought if we logged 7 hrs/day was considered okay, but now I'm getting notices that it is supposed to be 8 hrs/day - 8 hrs a day of actual transcription is pretty hard to concentrate - the mind and body has to take breaks! ...

So Far (2 Hours In) Don't Like DQS 7 -
Jul 24, 2012

Can we change the color of the audio highlight.  Mine is purple and it is driving me nuts.  It used to be yellow in the old DQS.  Thanks ...

Hours For FT Or PT? Sm
Sep 05, 2012

How many hours are considered FT?  How about for PT work?  Thanks. ...

PT Less Than 20 Hours. Possible??
Jul 16, 2013

As hard as it is for Nuance to get/retain employees has anyone every been able to negotiate for less than 20 hours PT with them? ...

PT Is How Many Hours?
Jan 20, 2014

I am planning on going PT, the least amount of PT as possible as I have been diagnosed with CHF and atrial fib and the stress of this job will wind up killing me.  I am already on partial retirement, so just need a few extra hours/week.  What is the least amount of PT hours a person can work?  Thank you. ...

13 Hours To Go
Feb 20, 2014

I have 13 hours left to work at this company and then I am done.  I am typing what I consider good grammar for the ESLs and not worrying about an audit.  My blood pressure has come down.  I am cruising, not swearing and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train.  This company has been wonderful to me for most of my time as an MT.  I am saddened by the changes that have happened in the last few years.  I am going to work in Central Supp ...

OOW Yet Again. Twice In Less Than 2 Hours. What Is Up?
Apr 16, 2014

Have less than 3 hours of PTO. This is getting really old. ...

Regarding The PTO And 104 Hours Without Pay...
Jun 18, 2014

I noticed when I took a day off without pay, at the end of the pay period, the PTO earned shown in UltriPro was only 4.14 hours instead of 4.62. Does this mean if we take any of that 104 hours of unpaid time off they were so generous to give us, our actual paid time off will be cut?   Has anyone else noticed this?  How sleezy. ...

PT 16 Hours
Aug 17, 2014

Does anybody work less than 20 hours?  I now work 24 hours, but due to a medical condition, I am finding it hard to work 24 hours, 16 would be much better.  Does anyone know if they make exceptions to the rule of at least 24 hours? ...

How Are You Getting Your Hours In?
Feb 17, 2015

How are you all getting your hours in with the current low volumes? I do not work without being paid so I will NOT sit around 16 hours a day waiting for a report or 2 to come trickling in. Is everyone having this issue. I used to have a couple of exclusives who, since the TSM was let go, are no longer exclusives with no explanation as to why the change. So now I am pretty much at the mercy of what comes in and when, and as I said, I don't give any company my time without compensation fo ...