A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sending email from MT stars - Question for Moderator and MTs

Posted: Aug 15, 2012

If I email someone directly from MT stars will they see my real name? I notice a box comes up when you click to email and you type in your name and address. Is that the name that shows up when the person recieves the email? I am asking because I have had a couple emails from people here at MT stars and I really would like to reply just not through my direct email, as I would prefer to remain anonymous and when emailing from my personal email my name shows up. So my question is, if I email directly from this site with a reply, will my name show up directly? or will it just show the name I typed in along with my email address. I really dont care about the email address, I just dont want anyone knowing my real name. Moderater if you read this can you please clarify? Thank you.

From MTStars email, your email addy doesnt show up. It is when you - reply to someones email from YOUR sm

[ In Reply To ..]
email that gives you addy away. So email from MTStars, no problem. But if you dont want anyone to know who you are do not email that person again from your PERSONAL email. Or, do like I did, make up a dummy email for here.

Thank you so much! So if I email from here I remaind anonymous right? - Also how do you make a dummy email?

[ In Reply To ..]
I have tried that and my real name always seems to show up?

Thank you very much for the info!

Oh, wait. Yeah, if you use your real addy for this sight, then yes, it - will show up. I think. I am getting SM

[ In Reply To ..]
confused as I just always use a dummy email. But to make a dummy email just go to yahoo or hotmail or whatever and sign up for an email acct just dont use your name. Make up a name and other info that they ask for. Then use that email for sites where you dont want your real addy to show up.
Thank you, I did the dummy email and just forwarded - the emails I want to respond to
[ In Reply To ..]
to the dummy email address. So now I can email back without worrying about my identify being exposed.

Appreciate the help.
To anyone who cares - I emailed myself from here at MT stars - and my name nor email did not show up..sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Took forever to get it, but it the only thing that shows up is the fake name you type in and it shows the email coming from MT stars.

So yes, you can remain anonymous if you email someone directly from this site. Otherwise you have to go the dummy route.

Thanks to the above poster for helping me out with that.

Similar Messages:

Why Bother Sending An Email
Sep 03, 2012

I just wonder, as an MT we are REQUIRED to respond IMMEDIATELY to an email that they say "respond immediately" to.  But if in that email it states any questions, please let us know and you email them back with questions and now 2 weeks later, you still have not received an answer back.  Why is it that we are required to immediately respond and have emailed the same question now a few times and yet no answer from their side.  I wonder how this makes their side of the company run so ...

MT STARS DOWN?
Aug 19, 2014

What is with MT Stars?  Has not been working all week?  I cannot see any text other than the ads above.  ...

Mt Stars Website
Oct 14, 2009

The website looks different.  Since when?  Why are there hardly any jobs under job seekers board? ...

I Think My Mt Stars Has A Problem
Oct 15, 2009

I cannot see the forums!! ...

WOAH.... What Is With All Of The Stars?
Oct 30, 2009

??? ...

TTS Recruiter - Is She Associated With MT Stars?
May 21, 2010

Anybody know?  I applied at TTS before and a lady who said she was the owner said to call her assistant who was also recruiter.  This recruiter called me once and said she would like to hire me and would get back to me but she didn't.  I called back 2 weeks later to follow up and she went crazy that I had the audacity to phone her. They have an ad **** that advertises for MTs but I just want to make sure this recruiter is no longer associated wi ...

Just Posted My Ad On MT Stars
Apr 27, 2011

Just posted my job wanted ad on this board.  Am just wondering if the people that posted their ad got responses rather than answering all the ads. ...

Resume On MT Stars
Apr 30, 2011

I put my resume on here and in the job wanted board.  I was wondering as more people put their resumes on and yours gets older and further down the list do you still get companies contacting you or should you put a new one on to move it back up the list.  I only put my resume on 2 days ago and got 3 contacts.  No bad MT Stars.  ...

What MT Stars Taught Me
Feb 13, 2014

Everything bad that has happened in someone's life is either directly or indirectly related to MT.  Everyone at the MTSO except the MT is stupid or ignorant.  Anyone who dresses up to go to the office or wears a "suit" to work is the enemy, not to be trusted and is out to screw the MT over.  Most QA and QC staff want to make the MT look bad and therefore create bogus errors so that they will never pass their audits.  We all know that MTs never make mistakes.  I ...

Advertisements On MT Stars
Jun 02, 2014

Is it just me or are there a bunch of more ads on this site than ever before.  So, someone at MT stars is making a bunch of $$$$ on this site.....Mmmmmmmm.....just curious. ...

MT Stars Ownership
Jun 24, 2014

http://www.mtexchange.com/medical-transcription-exchange/who-owns-mtstars-com/ ...

Why Doesn't TTS Advertise On MT Stars?
May 18, 2010

Just wondering because I was over at the other MT site and saw a help wanted ad for TTS and thought maybe TTS was mad at MT Stars owners because they let MTs post not so good things about TTS.  MQ doesn't advertise here either but they are looking for help too.  What's up with that?   I support the companies who advertise on MT Stars, my favorite MT web site.        ...

MT Stars - Did Anyone Else Have A Problem Getting On Here Yesterday Besides Me?
Apr 11, 2011

nm ...

MT STARS FLASH COUNT
Apr 13, 2011

Can anyone tell me if there is still a link to download the flashcount to make invoices for free on this site?  I know that this is where I downloaded it a long time ago, but I can't find it and appreciate any help! ...

Avoid Transcription Stars!
Jun 13, 2012

I made the mistake of doing some work for Transcription Stars (based out of India) in March. I still have not been paid, and they are trying to bilk me of my money. They do not pay competitive rates, and are rather unreasonable in their TaTs. ...

MT Stars Invoice Generator
Aug 29, 2012

I have Windows 7 and tried downloading an invoice generator I found on this site, but it just created a mess on my computer! Does anyone know what link to use to get this generator? I ised it on an old computer I no longer own and I am having trouble getting the generator correctly downloaded.  Any advice/assistance would be great! Thanks! ...

MT Stars Mgmt: Can You Make A New Board For
Sep 25, 2009

MTs whose companies change the way they operate (WebMedx, for example) or sell out (most recently MDI)? Those MTs should be able to have full-blown discussions on whatever the issue, for sure, but without crippling the Company Board of its original intended purpose of helping MTs who are looking for work to research different companies for the purpose of finding a job. ...

Anyone Having Trouble Completely Downloading MT Stars
Aug 17, 2013

Bobo ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Is It Me Or ? Anything I Am Sending To QA Is Being
Dec 09, 2014

Is this something new? ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Any MDI MTs Not Sending Their Paperwork In?
Nov 28, 2009

Just curious:  Any MDI MTs not feeling like jumping through the hoops, printing out the paperwork for Transcend on THEIR deadline even though we don't become official employees until Feb 1?  Anybody going to just quit and save yourself the hassle?  Doesn't seem quite fair to want MDI MTs to just say "how high"  when they say "jump" does it?  I'm just put out at how we've been treated.  Yeah, it's business, and that usually means it is okay t ...

SENDING BLANKS THROUGH
Mar 04, 2010

I'm just sayin....as a radiology MT in this company for 14 years...we have always sent radiology reports straight through to the docs to review and sign (because of turnaround time)....never knew they did QA until I got new accounts 2 years ago....and have had some pretty bad foreigners.  I believe it is docs job to go over his reports anyway...he is legally responsible.. ...

Question About Sending To QA
Mar 06, 2010

Just wondering about the sending of blanks.  I had a few blanks due to inaudible dictation.  I know QA wouldn't be able to get it either, but when I uploaded the job the QA box was checked and I tried to uncheck it and it wouldn't let me.  So, how do you just send it straight to the client and not to QA? ...

Who In Their Right Mind Will Be Sending Anything To QA?
Mar 19, 2010

Are they kidding?  Who is going to be sending ANYTHING to QA and take a chance of having their pay cut? Especially if it's the beginning of the work week! Yes, the clients will be getting blanks and I know they will be complaining.  The Q keeps sending us e-mails telling us to cut down on QA submissions. Are they kidding? No amount of "tips" will help if the dictator mumbles, sneezes, is ESL, etc. Don't they think we know all the "tricks" already? Besides that, we can't ...

Sending Jobs To QA..
May 22, 2010

I feel that I flag a lot and send to QA a lot.  I've been at this for about a year, do acute care, lots of ESL etc so I think it's a reasonably difficult account; but I ask myself do really experienced MTs, e.g. those at this for 5 years or 10 years or more, send so many jobs over to QA?  I mean, do you get to the point where you can pretty much understand everything these guys are saying, even when they're chewing, slurring, belching etc.?  I would love to make it ...

MQ Sending More To India
Nov 20, 2010

My husband is in the stock market and has been checking up and reading things about MedQuist.   MedQuist is now in a transition of sending more to India than ever before.  According to the CEO and COO, they are looking to increase their volume of 15% of MQ total work to 45% in the next 6 months.  The purchase of Spheris was a smokescreen.  The contract with Spheris was that they could come in and set up shop with their own people and move the MQ folks out.  Which is ...