A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help with word or phrase-don't laugh too hard - ASmom

Posted: Jul 03, 2010

This is a PE on a 70-yo woman. 

"Breasts are symmetrical s/l "up my ass." 

Really, that is exactly what it sounds like he is saying but obviously that is not correct. (at least, I hope not-LOL)  Any idea what this could be?

Gotta clean the spewed coffee off my screen. How about without mass? - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

That is the same way I reacted, only it was diet - coke.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Think that last word must be mass, but no idea - ASmom

[ In Reply To ..]
what the rest of it is.

without mass? - dawn

[ In Reply To ..]

The "without" does not really sound like it but - I do not know what else it

[ In Reply To ..]
could be. Thanks.

Sometimes, I would really like to make sure that the docs hear themselves-maybe they would make our jobs easier.

Okay, if I listen to it over and over with that in - mind I can kind of make

[ In Reply To ..]
out without mass, but it still sounds a LOT like "up my ass." Well, at least I have something to chuckle about the rest of the night.

if you cannot figure this out by yourself, you should not - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
be an MT.

I do not think that this is funny, at all, it is vulgar from the doc if he really said this, and from you putting this on the board!

I know...it's Saturday late evening! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Phrase Or Word
Oct 06, 2012

Doc says, "At this time it was determined that she would likely need an I&D of her hip.  She was admitted to hospital and routine blood work as well as a 50/50 s/l mixing site or mix in situ? to determine the etiology of her coagulation abnormality was ordered. " ...

Word Phrase
Jul 17, 2014

Cervical decompression surgery......... term cervical decompression, instrumentation and fusion.  Recently did a report where it was stated clearly it was a cervical instrumentation fusion.  Researching this it is very unclear, any feedback welcome what is the correct version   Thanks ...

Where Can I Get ESP Phrase Expander For Ms Word At
Nov 23, 2010

can any one help me,  i am looking for a place to get ESP phrase expander for MS wiondows at ...

Ophthalmology Is Such A Hard Word To Spell.
Jan 21, 2012

Even the job postings have it misspelled all the time.  Four consonents in a row is a tongue buster.  ...

Hypertrophied Vaginal Rugation (could Not Confirm The Whole Phrase Or The Word Rugation) TIA!
Jul 16, 2010

Thanks! ...

Low QA .Unless They Review More (laugh, Laugh)
Jun 05, 2015

Well, call me an idiot.  But unless they review another report for the payperiod I will be under the 99 for 2 weeks in a row.   Have been hitting the required mark for weeks on end, but... I think with work low I have been rushing and did make a couple of dumb mistakes.   When you do this on a 30 line report, well.... you know how it goes. Does this qualify you for action plan or anything. Or is it 3 strikes and you are out? ...

Please Help With Phrase
Dec 09, 2009

When a physician dictates “It should be noted as well within the family history” and you are already typing the family history. Do you still type “It should be noted as well”? The doctor dictates this frequently. ...

Phrase Help Please
Jan 06, 2011

Sounds like "n" ease viopathic changes? involving the greater tuberosity.   Any clues? Thanks! ...

Help With A Phrase
Oct 09, 2011

Okay, I am sure I have heard this before but for whatever reason cannot seem to get it this time..... he is saying.....  "negative hawk sign, negative cochans sign" Please help - can't take the time to search any more!  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer! ...

Is There Such A Phrase?
Jan 22, 2012

The patient progressed to independent transverse? Is this an actual phrase and what exactly would it mean? ...

Phrase Help
Mar 16, 2012

In pulmonary dictation, sounds like dictator is saying "lungs are known to have rales in the anterior and posterior....." But I know that is incorrect. Please help with the "are known" part. ...

GI Phrase
Oct 25, 2012

Has anyone heard of the phrase "four gut pathology"  Dr. dictated very clearly, tried to find it, was unsuccessful Thx!   ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard This Phrase Before?
Dec 06, 2009

ER report concerning pt stating was assaulted by an ex-boyfriend. EXTREMITIES: Both knees with very minimal s/l "tall dime-sized" bruises. ...

Unfamilar EKG Phrase-help!
Jan 10, 2010

Doing EKG due to syncopal episode.  EKG is obtained because of a complaint of syncope showing a normal sinus rhythm, no s/l "current of entry." Am I even hearing this right.  I suspect I am not. TIA! ...

Any One Heard This Phrase Used Before?
Feb 09, 2010

Has anyone heard this phrase before in ROS? All other systems reviewed s/l including ten were negative. ...

Stumped On Phrase
Aug 25, 2010

I could certainly use some help on a phrase- been working on it all morning and I cannot get it for the life of me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Here it is: She had had an operation for to release the tethered cord and also fusion s/l elfatha swan.   Thank you ...

Does Anyone Else Hate This Phrase....
May 26, 2011

I have 20 years of experience doing medical transcription in hospitals and at home, and lately I have heard things like "4 cpl, this is the going rate now."  I find it a little offensive when companies do not think of and appreciate the experience we are bringing.  They are basically justifying not paying us for the experience and knowledge we are bringing to the position they want to fill. Does anyone else feel the same way?  I am insulted....I am desperately searching for the ri ...

Comma After Since Phrase?
Nov 21, 2011

Since his last office visit, he has not had any..... OR Since his last office visit he has not had any.....    Comma or not after "since his last office visit" ?  Thanks! ...

How To Type This Phrase
Nov 29, 2011

How do you type the phrase "Half plus swelling." ...

Is There Any Dictator Who Can Use The Phrase
Dec 25, 2011

I really don't think any of them know what it means.  It's been getting under my skin lately. ...

Old Fashion Phrase?
Apr 03, 2012

Dictated: "If the s/l tick of relief is temporary then return to the office." I've never heard of anything like this :( ...

Phrase Definition
Jul 30, 2012

Has anyone heard the phrase "office artifact"? It sounds like he's saying that or "off its artifact" and is referencing a tremor.  Any help is appreciated. ...

In The Know Meaningful Phrase?????!!
Oct 31, 2012

Does anyone have any idea what these emails are about?  They seem rather lengthy, IMO, and I am not getting the reason/objective of them.  TIA!!! ...

Medical Phrase
Dec 16, 2013

Has anyone ever heard of phrase "skip days" as used in the following sentence -   "He has occasional skip days with the bowel movements"   We have having a spirited discussion about whether this should be skip days or skipped days.   ...

Last Laugh
Feb 15, 2010

Just venting a little.  Had a client that was constantly (almost daily) calling or emailing me they were missing charts and saying I had lost dictation.  After 2 years of this, we came to mutual termination one month ago.  I have gained back an hour of time per day chasing down charts that I know don't exist or fielding calls from several of their staff looking for that 'missing' dictation.  Hated to lose a client, but my days are now peaceful again.  Some ...

Just Had To Laugh
Mar 11, 2010

I just saw on here regarding transcription education.  They had it spelled as get  educatated! haha  ...

ASR Laugh For The Day
Jun 18, 2010

Dictator dictated flunisolide, ASR translated as penis alive ...

I Don't Know Whether To Laugh
Dec 27, 2011

As I was doing the "webinar" today on time clock procedures for the company that has bought the company that I have worked for for almost 10 years, I was cleaning out some paperwork.  I found my original contract, level 5 transcription . . . 9-1/2 cents per line (plus shift differential) almost 10 years ago Plus I think I got an additional bonus or something for being a CMT.  Off to cry in my coffee.  Oh what the heck, might as well laugh!! ...

My Laugh For The Day.
Dec 29, 2011

On the HuffPo front page, there is an article that reads "Dictator Convicted for Secret Hospital Torture Center." Oh good grief--that's just the Transcription Department!  ;-) ...

Sometimes We Just Need A Laugh
Jul 31, 2013

It will be sometime before our jobs are obsolete as editors..... "The patient needs continuous monitoring and breasts" lol             ...