A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dear Doc..please do not spell every single word - nmv

Posted: Feb 22, 2013

It is really annoying when simple words are spelled out..like I am a total I-D-I-O-T!

I actually had one spell body B-O-D-Y for me! - LOL (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I had one that spelled his attending so fast I couldn't decipher what he was saying - mona

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried looking it up but it was ridiculous

How about - Dear Doc - Please....

[ In Reply To ..]
Please stop mumbling so that the only thing I can hear is sounds ON THIS 120 MINUTE DICTATION!!!!!!

Examples:

Word is Right AC joint. He says "i aye-see oi"

Word is normal exam. He says "or zam"

Word is Right hand. He says "i an"

120 minutes of this. Very few whole words.

And he is as American born as I am. Alright off my soap box, only 84 more minutes to go on this. Had to vent.

I had one PA spell - K-a-n-s-a-s C-i-t-y

[ In Reply To ..]
and darn near every other word in the report when I was working in Kansas City. And, if she screwed up and just said Kansas City, that's k-a-n-s-a-s correction... that should be CAPITAL K little a little n little s, etc. I wanted to hunt her down and SLAP her.

On the other hand... - spelling can help, too.

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll put up with some "obvious" spellings if it also means that I'm able to decipher some mumbled or mispronounced medications, etc. The other day, I had someone who said "memantadine", which was an ambiguity between "memantine" and "amantadine". Fortunately, they spelled "memantine" and resolved the ambiguity.

As annoying as it might be, occasional unnecessary spellings can simply be ignored, while spellings that help you resolve mispronunciations, etc., can be life-savers.

Don't gripe about it. If you don't need the spelling, just ignore it. Big deal!

Dear Doc - Anna-Marie

[ In Reply To ..]
I so want to add under their comment box on our platform: Dear Doctor, I speak three languages fluently. English is one of them.

Similar Messages:

Microsoft Word 2007 - How To Get It To Single Space
Mar 04, 2010

I have a test to do in Word-2007 and it's double spacing and I can't figure out how to get it to single space.  Thanks everyone. ...

How Do You Spell This Word?
Apr 21, 2011

s/l sin-knee-key-eye There was (synici) and lateralization of the middle turbinate to the lateral nasal wall.  This was gently medialized removing the (synici) and opening up the ethmoid labyrinth as best as possible.  When I google it doesn't have any idea what I'm trying to say!! thanks. ...

Why Can I Not Spell This Word!! Hypocanthal
Jan 21, 2010

mri of the brain:  No apparent lesions in the hippacanthal regions.  i know the root word would be hypocanthus, but why can i not verify this!?!?  my brain is frozen.  TIA ...

Is There A Way To Spell Check Just One Word
Oct 03, 2012

in DQS 7.1 without it checking the whole report? I have tried highlighting the word and hitting F7 and putting the curser on the word and hitting F7, and that does not work. I was told to right-click on the word and a list of options will come up, and nothing happens when I do that. Everything I try it still checks the whole document and not just one selected word. Any tips would be appreciated, thanx.  ...

How To Spell Check In Word?
Nov 16, 2013

Can someone tell me how to spell check in word?  Thanks in advance ...

Teritituary Center, Can Not Spell This Word, HELP
Nov 16, 2009

x ...

MS Word And Stedman's Spell Checker
Jul 16, 2010

HELP!  MS Word is not recognizing Stedmans as my spell checker, so all med words are red underlined.  I tried restoring my computer to prior week, and tried using an old version of normal.dot        Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I use Smartype and that is fine, it's just my spell checker.  It has apparently reverted to the spell checker that comes standard with Word.   I have been using this computer and this setup f ...

Ophthalmology Is Such A Hard Word To Spell.
Jan 21, 2012

Even the job postings have it misspelled all the time.  Four consonents in a row is a tongue buster.  ...

WORD 2003 Medical Spell Checkers
Feb 18, 2010

I am trying to find a good spellchecker to download for Word 2003.  I had previously been working out of WP5.1 and then Pscribe, so there was no need for me to purchase one.  TOO many out there, would like opinions from  MTs who actually use them, not the manufacturer saying "its the best one available" and end up paying for something that is garbage.  Starting a new position on Monday where I will be typing in Word 2003.  Any suggestions greatly appreciat ...

A Good Spell Check For Word 2010?
Sep 14, 2010

Does Anyone know of a good spell check for word 2010? TIA mmct ...

Word Show Up On Spell Check That Isn't Even In Your Report?
Sep 11, 2011

Have you ever had a word show up on spell check that isn't even in your report?  I am really baffled by this.   ...

Could Someone Refresh My Memory On How To Remove A Word From Spell Check?
Dec 11, 2009

I accidently added a word to spell check that is a misspelling.  I think someone posted how to delete a word....I can't find that post........   Thanks!!!! ...

Medical Dictionary/spell Check Software Compatible With Word
Apr 15, 2010

I just recently quit my job with MQ after having been there for 10 years.  I'm now working as an IC on Word.  Does anybody have information on a good medical software program (medical dictionary/spell checker/expander) that is compatible with Word.  I'd like to get something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!! Any help would be appreciated.        ...

Stedmans Spell Checker-How To Set It Up In Spell Check
Dec 03, 2010

I just downloaded the Stedmans Spell Checker to work with my Word Documents, and I can't figure out how to make it work with Word. I went into Spell check, Options, and saw custom dic, but don't know where to go from there to set it up. Help please, and thank you! ...

Yea Doc Spell The Words Any Idiot Can Spell
Apr 10, 2012

How freaking stupid do you think I am???  Obviously you cant spell what you just rambled through either but speak normally and I guarantee you I can...off to search AGAIN!!! ...

Single Mommies
Oct 19, 2011

I just want to send a message to all you hard-working, single mommies out there. I was in your shoes and had to make a living doing transcription to support my young family. I want you all to know I admire you, and I know how hard it is to do what you do, especially with the changing times in our career. When I read your posts, it breaks my mommy heart all you single moms giving so much of themselves to support their families. Let's not forget these mommies still ne ...

If Someone Says That BMP Is Always A Single Number Value
May 15, 2012

BNP, what would you do?  I was always taught that BMP is usually a set of numbers and BNP is usually just 1 number.  Am I wrong? ...

Every Single Doctor
Sep 17, 2012

has been eating and chomping and slurping and slobbering and mucking up every single report.  Hour into my shift and I have a throbbing headache.  Not to mention the middle eastern $%@# who is listening to the top ten favorite hits from his satellite arab radio station, cymbals and banging and whirling and clacking.  ...

If Every Single MT Stopped Transcribing For One Day?
Feb 04, 2010

What would happen if every single MT stopped transcribing for one day?  How much money would they lose? ...

Not A Single Thread On TTS Today?
May 16, 2010

Maybe Monday the TTS MTs and managers will come to play?   Seriously, how many MTs are employed by TTS?  I never heard of it till lately.   ...

Anybody Know Why A Single Non Critical Feedback...
May 26, 2010

on a single report, would give me, to the right, a score of 96%??????????? The mistake?  C-difficile instead of C. difficile.   Mind you, they're all over the place auditing only the most awful reports i'm doing.. ...

Does Anyone Know How Much Single Cobra Is For WMX For Medical,
Jul 20, 2011

nm ...

We Have To Work Every Single Day Of The Week Now?!
Aug 28, 2012

I always thought this mandatory OT was only for the days I'm scheduled to work but turns out I have to work 1 hour on my days off too!  Thinking of lots words I can't type here.  :| ...

AP And Lateral - Single Entity?
Aug 30, 2012

For a while now, whenever the doctor said, "AP and lateral is taken today," I would change it to "AP and lateral are taken today," but then a thought came to me that what if "AP and lateral" is a single entity, much like "macaroni and cheese," which is usually referred as a single thing. Is that the case with AP and lateral films? ...

Single View Of The Pelvis
Feb 18, 2013

The gamma nail tip is at the region of the fovius adralas??? ...

Insurance For Single Person ?
Jul 28, 2013

I know it is not great, but I am coming to point where I have no choice.  Can anyone tell me what the rates are for a single person and whether it covers prescriptions/office visits, what deductible is?   Thank you in advance. ...

So Apparently ONE SINGLE TIME Of ...
Oct 18, 2013

Coming in above 15% in our proficiency statistics will earn us Mentoring.  My kids were out of school for fall break so I had a lot of distractions that week but I'm seeing that it only takes ONE week before they consider you "mentoring material". Last week, I was at 4%.    ...

A Question About Doing Transcription For A Single MD. Sm
Dec 02, 2013

I was recently contacted by a doc to do office notes.  What and how would you charge?  I don't have a clue.  Thanks ...

Single Metastatic Blank
Feb 11, 2014

I'm transcribing for a patient who previously had rectal cancer and has recently had a routine followup PET scan.  I'm new to cancer patients, so I'm still learning the terminology.  Physician has a lot of background noise and is difficult to understand.  I have a blank in the following sentence.  I would appreciate any feedback you could provide.  Thanks so much! "There was a single paraesophageal lymph node in the middle mediastinum on the left side t ...

GEM Award?? Really? I Cant Think Of A Single PC TSA Or HDSM
May 18, 2015

puh-lease!!!  ...