A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ortho operative note help please, he is cutting it off .... sm - anon

Posted: Aug 18, 2010

Some *Daptik* was applied to the wound and the patient was placed in a soft cast. 

I know this but he is cutting himself off and my mind has gone BLANK!!!

TIA

Adaptic. nm - Carnac

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Thank you!!!! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Adaptic ? - ddd

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Adaptic? - midwestMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

ORTHO OP NOTE. - mtadvocate

[ In Reply To ..]
Could it be this?: ADAPTIC Non-adhering Dressing is a primary dressing made of knitted cellulose acetate and impregnated with a specially formulated petrolatum emulsion designed to protect the wound. ADAPTIC Non-adhering Dressing is ideal for any draining wound.

Similar Messages:

Operative Note Mess
Jul 07, 2011

The distal end of the bile duct was oversewn with running, locking 3-0 PDS, and the end-to-side choledochojejunostomy was done to the loop of jejunum with a running 4-0 PDS suture. We placed Evicel around this **s/l "so a ligamentum teres off the shassum posterior** and anchored. Omental pedicle flap was then fashioned **s/l and anterior to anteriorly** to protect the anastomosis. Thanks in advance. ...

Ortho Note
Sep 16, 2010

This lady has knee pain and she has weakness to her tib ________.  It sounds like anth.  Like he's shortening it like tib-fib.  But I can't figure out the tib-anth???   Thanks. ...

Ortho Op Note Help Please (sm)
Oct 29, 2010

ACL repair, he states in one part of the dictation that three Max s/l splay sutures were placed and in another it sounds like Max displayed sutures.  Help please!   TIA ...

OP Note Ortho - Clavicle Fracture
Nov 30, 2011

Hi, Not sure if it should be three or free and what the sounds like is.  Any ideas?  Thank you! The clavicle and the malunion site were explored and as mentioned we did not find the expected nonunion but instead found a fairly solid malunion with the expected **three (free)** fragments.  The **s/l tergoited** fragment was nestled well posteroinferiorly. ...

Ortho Note - S/l Peer Formance Impingement Test
Jan 15, 2010

thanks. ...

Ortho Note - Subtalar And S/l "mu Talsa" Range Of Motion
Nov 10, 2009

on pe, He has normal subtalar and s/l "mu talsa" range of motion, however, he lacks dorsiflexion with 0 degrees bilaterally.  He needs to stretch.   thanks for any help! ...

Ortho Note - S/l "Stewart" Test But Cannot Find Spelling
Mar 05, 2010

Neurologic examination of his lower extremities is fully intact, including motor, sensory, and deep tendon reflexes.  Straight leg raising tests are negative.  s/l "Stewart" test is positive bilaterally.    thanks for any help! ...

Ortho Note - "x-fix" ??
Sep 28, 2011

Doing an ortho note, the MD states "currently with left upper extremity X FIX" I was going to assume he meant external fixator, but I don't know if perhaps is this a brand of fixator? I can't find any legit info on it so far, so I'll probably mark it for QA, but wanted to know for my own knowledge if it was a brand of fixator or if he's just using slang. He usually says "external fixator" or "external fixation" all out and that's why I was questioning it this time. Tha ...

Operative Word
May 10, 2011

The sentinel node was identified and excised.  It had an (s/l ex-vevo) count of 2800. Thanks in advance. ...

Need Help With An Operative Word!
Sep 07, 2011

This is in reference to a gastric bypass, ......Roux and Egrec were performed.  THANKS! ...

Operative Reports/ESL
Nov 28, 2011

Is it possible to find a job with one of these national companies with not a lot of operative report experience or ESL experience?   Those seem to be the two things they are most interested in.  I have been an MT for27 years.  I have tons of experience in a lot of different specialties, just not much in the way of op reports or ESL.  I worked for Transcend for five months (very difficult account) and found it almost impossible to learn the op reports, main ...

Surgical / Operative Position
Jun 15, 2010

The patient was placed in a Maltern-dalenberg position.  (The procedure being performed is a total abdominal hysterectomy.    It sounds like Maltern-dalenberg.  This was also dictated in an ear lobe mass excision.  Any idea what the right word would be?  Thanks! ...

Coronary Bypass Operative
Dec 31, 2010

A reverse saphenous vein graft was then constructed to the third obtuse marginal, brought to the circumflex using running 7-0 Prolene for old distal anastomosis and probing old distal anastomosis prior to completion of _______ (s/l    d-cert they were paytent??).  Cold blood cardioplegia was given through each vein graft with the completion of the distal anastomoses. I have hilighted the areas that I need help with.  Any suggestions?? ...

Do Tier 2 MTs Do Operative Reports?
Aug 09, 2012

x ...

Regarding Cutting Our Pay
May 21, 2010

THEY DISGUST ME!! ...

Operative Report-revised Septorhinoplasty
Apr 14, 2010

Operative report, secondary procedure is revised septorhinoplasty.  The preoperative diagnosis is "Palaferal calasis nasal deformity" is what it sounds like, but I have looked in my book and searched the web-cannot find anything that matches...can anyone help me please!! ...

Operative Report Anthology Stem
Aug 17, 2011

Anthology stem, high offset with a plus 8 occinium head Do you captilize Anthology and Occinium? in all caps like online? ...

Type Of Sheath- Operative Report
Nov 21, 2012

7-French "dilock" sheath ...

Archivus Cutting Pay? SM
Oct 26, 2010

Does this company hire and then after a quarterly review have QA pick your work apart and then tell you they can either terminate your contract or cut your pay.  Understand this has happened to more than one person.  Has anyone experienced this.  They told me I was doing awesome work, not they picked the work after and then tell me that in 2 weeks my contract will either be terminated or will have a reduced line rate.  This makes no sense.  I have 18 years experience.&nb ...

IS NUANCE CUTTING OUR PAY AGAIN?
Jun 13, 2014

As someone noted below, they are getting 2 cents. I am getting 4 cents per edited line. Is this being cut further? ...

Operative Procedure - Right Hemicolectomy With Intraoperative Biopsy Of Sm
Apr 15, 2010

peritoneal s/l "seeding"? ...

Operative Report Skin Grafts From Burn
Feb 07, 2011

Transcribing Operative Report (Burns, skin grafts from thigh) The tourniquet was tested and was found to be working and was placed up at 300 mL of mercury prior to excising__________(sonds like - uraft)and taking the donor skin.   Just can't figure it out....Thanks! I think I have the 300 mL of mercury right..... ...

Cast-cutting Term
Nov 07, 2009

"She had a fairly significant increase in pain.  We were concerned about the possibility of swelling inside the cast.  We cut it in a s/l "bi val" or "bioval" fashion and released some of the pain." Can anyone help with this one? ...

Need Help - Doc Says Five Five Bone Cutting Shaver...
Mar 05, 2010

how would you type this?  Any help appreciated - thanks! ...

What Is Up With All Of These Companies Cutting The Pay For Straight
Jun 07, 2011

I'm not understanding if a person was making 8 or 9 cents a line for straight transcription and then the account goes to voice rec and the pay is decreased for that, why is the pay for straight transcription also going down?  It's the same doctors, so why am I now suddenly worth 2 cents less to do straight transcription?  Personally, if it isn't VR worthy, then you would think that it would still be worth the 8 or 9 cents a line.  ...

Express Scribe Cutting Off
Apr 26, 2012

Have Express Scribe Pro, This week the last few seconds of a voice file are being cut off, don't know where to go in Menu to adjust this or fix it. Any suggestions. TIA ...

How About Cutting Out Some Corporate Bloat
Apr 17, 2013

How does that work for ya? Amy & Shah? Want to take a 40% pay cut like we did? ...

Questions About EMR & Cutting Out The Middleman
Jun 19, 2013

For those lucky enough to work directly for the client (no MTSO) are any EMRs set up for transcription, or do you subscribe to a service to send Word files?  Is it an easy setup?  The only thing holding me back from trying to get my own accounts again is having no tech help for problems that are bound to occur. Any recommendations for services to transmit files and what do they charge. I just can't keep working for .04 cents a line.  It's completely impossible to live ...

Cutting Edge Pay Plan Is Nothing More Than
Dec 13, 2014

own without having to do massive layoffs. The real underlying intention here is to have all work taken over by India. Quality and patient safety have nothing to do with it. Paying India workers mere pennies increases the bottom line. There is no public explaining to do or announce regarding massive layoffs. They will simply claim US workers quit on their own and they cannot find employees here in the US. I would love to know how much the person or persons were paid to think up this pla ...

Cutting Hours Off Of Shift Differential
Sep 10, 2013

where is the incentive to work????? I only got 2 hours of it anyway so now I don't get any extra at all!!! ...