A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is up with all of these companies cutting the pay for straight - transcription? sm

Posted: Jun 07, 2011

I'm not understanding if a person was making 8 or 9 cents a line for straight transcription and then the account goes to voice rec and the pay is decreased for that, why is the pay for straight transcription also going down?  It's the same doctors, so why am I now suddenly worth 2 cents less to do straight transcription?  Personally, if it isn't VR worthy, then you would think that it would still be worth the 8 or 9 cents a line. 

It is called greed. n/m - broke

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Right on n/m! - old timer

[ In Reply To ..]
GREED!

Where I work, the client demanded a lower - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
rate, therefore we were all dropped down to a tiered system, rather than a flat cpl rate.

It's called "STARVING OUT AMERICAN MTs." - Employer has no scruples! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

Similar Messages:

Any Companies That Use Straight Typing
Feb 10, 2012

Really don't like VR. ...

Companies That Have Straight Typing???????
Jun 28, 2014

Does anyone know of a company that has also straight typing too?? I know VR is here to stay but I think it is not a good fit for me anymore.   ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Do Straight Transcription Instead Of VR?? NM.
Sep 11, 2011

x ...

What Companies Offer Straight Transcription Only
Jun 01, 2012

Does anyone know what companies are straight transcription? I am looking for an employee position not an IC. I really do not know the first thing about how to going about being an IC, so I will stick with what I know.   Thanks! ...

Are There Companies Out There Who Still Do Straight Typing Anymore?
Oct 04, 2012

Any Companies Doing Straight Typing Anymore?
Nov 02, 2012

I have over 15+ years experience but stopped working in November of 2010 to be at home with my two young boys and give them my full attention. Now that they are both in school, I am wanting to start back typing again. I have looked on several sites but mostly all I find is VR or SR jobs, which I despise. Can anyone tell me of any places that hire for straight typing? Thanks! ...

Are There Any Companies Still Out There That Hire For Straight Typing?
Apr 21, 2014

I've given VR a fair shot for close to a year now, but I still type much faster than I edit, so I've lost quite a bit of money since my account went to VR last year.  I know that VR is almost everywhere these days, but does anyone know of any decent companies that still have straight typing and are actually hiring right now?  I'm looking for acute care and I really don't care if it's IC or employee status at this point.  I just want to do regular transcrip ...

Are There Any Companies Hiring P/t That Still Offer Straight Transcription (no VR)?
Dec 16, 2012

Looking for p/t straight transcription with a reliable company.  Are there any left that don't require VR? ...

Are There Any Companies That Do Straight Typing That Hire ICs Left? Sm
Mar 20, 2013

please message me if you have any advice.  Lost my great job to EMR and have NEVER done speech rec, but need a JOB! ...

Recent Posts Regardng "good Companies, Straight Typing Etc.i
May 16, 2013

I personally, am getting really tired of the posts regarding "who is the best company to work for, who offers straight tying as ooposed t to VR etc.  I now worK for a company that is straight typing only and pays weekly. and pays a decent wage.   I have also talked to MTSOs   within the last 2 months, that REFUSE t0 d0 VR, and the hospitals have agreed not to do VR.  What  may be a "good fit" for one person, is not going to be a good fit for another.  I&nb ...

Regarding Cutting Our Pay
May 21, 2010

THEY DISGUST ME!! ...

Archivus Cutting Pay? SM
Oct 26, 2010

Does this company hire and then after a quarterly review have QA pick your work apart and then tell you they can either terminate your contract or cut your pay.  Understand this has happened to more than one person.  Has anyone experienced this.  They told me I was doing awesome work, not they picked the work after and then tell me that in 2 weeks my contract will either be terminated or will have a reduced line rate.  This makes no sense.  I have 18 years experience.&nb ...

IS NUANCE CUTTING OUR PAY AGAIN?
Jun 13, 2014

As someone noted below, they are getting 2 cents. I am getting 4 cents per edited line. Is this being cut further? ...

Cast-cutting Term
Nov 07, 2009

"She had a fairly significant increase in pain.  We were concerned about the possibility of swelling inside the cast.  We cut it in a s/l "bi val" or "bioval" fashion and released some of the pain." Can anyone help with this one? ...

Need Help - Doc Says Five Five Bone Cutting Shaver...
Mar 05, 2010

how would you type this?  Any help appreciated - thanks! ...

Express Scribe Cutting Off
Apr 26, 2012

Have Express Scribe Pro, This week the last few seconds of a voice file are being cut off, don't know where to go in Menu to adjust this or fix it. Any suggestions. TIA ...

How About Cutting Out Some Corporate Bloat
Apr 17, 2013

How does that work for ya? Amy & Shah? Want to take a 40% pay cut like we did? ...

Questions About EMR & Cutting Out The Middleman
Jun 19, 2013

For those lucky enough to work directly for the client (no MTSO) are any EMRs set up for transcription, or do you subscribe to a service to send Word files?  Is it an easy setup?  The only thing holding me back from trying to get my own accounts again is having no tech help for problems that are bound to occur. Any recommendations for services to transmit files and what do they charge. I just can't keep working for .04 cents a line.  It's completely impossible to live ...

Cutting Edge Pay Plan Is Nothing More Than
Dec 13, 2014

own without having to do massive layoffs. The real underlying intention here is to have all work taken over by India. Quality and patient safety have nothing to do with it. Paying India workers mere pennies increases the bottom line. There is no public explaining to do or announce regarding massive layoffs. They will simply claim US workers quit on their own and they cannot find employees here in the US. I would love to know how much the person or persons were paid to think up this pla ...

Ortho Operative Note Help Please, He Is Cutting It Off .... Sm
Aug 18, 2010

Some *Daptik* was applied to the wound and the patient was placed in a soft cast.    I know this but he is cutting himself off and my mind has gone BLANK!!!   TIA ...

Cutting Hours Off Of Shift Differential
Sep 10, 2013

where is the incentive to work????? I only got 2 hours of it anyway so now I don't get any extra at all!!! ...

Mayo Hospital Cutting 188 Transcriptionists
May 30, 2014

In case anyone hadn't seen this.  In brief: Nearly 200 jobs in western Wisconsin are being cut, in a cost-saving measure by Mayo Clinic Health System.The company says it will contract out 188 medical transcriptionist jobs by Nov. 1 to Amphion Medical Solutions, based in Madison.Mayo said the move will save them 40 percent in expenses and it will try to re-assign affected employees to other openings within the company. It says Amphion will also discuss openings within their business.&l ...

Cutting Shift Differentials Is A Preemptive Strategy (sm)
Dec 26, 2010

The recent reduction in shift differentials is the first phase of reducing the workforce during those hours.  You can expect there to be an eventual phase-out of the shift differentials altogether.  Why?  The ultimate goal is to utilize offshore vendors for that work.  This pressurized reduction in income opportunitywill cause some natural attrition:  Some will not be able to afford the pay loss, some will be upset and simply quit.  It will take a little time but ...

New Cutting Edge Paper Medical Chart!
Dec 04, 2014

It's satire, and yet so true.. ...

CCM Cutting Helper Pools So People Will Change Schedule
Sep 15, 2011

So had work for 2 days out of the week with no problems and then all of a sudden an email appears that help is needed for the weekend and also wanting people to change their schedules to the weekend.  All of a sudden, no jobs available appear.  Apparently, work is just cut off until people start volunteering to change their schedule or volunteering to cover hours on the weekend and when some poor schmoe changes their schedule or volunteers, all of a sudden we have work again.  Tot ...

If They Keep Cutting Benefits, Eventually, We'll Be Paying Them For The Honor Of Working For Th
Sep 10, 2013

S/l "curs" Cartilage Cutting System Used For
Mar 29, 2013

nm ...

Straight Up....
Jan 04, 2011

This board is full of so many negatives about Medquist.  Can anyone tell me anything GOOD about Medquist? TIA ...

ASR Vs Straight
Jan 28, 2014

Noticing today that I am doing a LOT more typing than editing.  Hoping this is NOT the new trend.  Also, whole paragraphs added that were not dictated.  It just keeps getting more and more complicated. ...

Please, Let's Get This Straight.
Dec 07, 2014

Nuance is doing YOU, the MT, no favor when they say they willl pay the minimum wage.  They are REQUIRED by federal law to pay you the minimum wage based upon your state's minimum wage rate.  If you think that you will drop below minimum wage because of #s of reports sent to QA, errors, or whatever, understand by federal law, Nuance has no choice but to pay up, they cannot skirt it.  It is s a federal law!  There are a lot of erroneous posts on here.  Please do your ...