A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Industry wide production requirement increase? - jahmonirie

Posted: Apr 04, 2011

The company I work for just increased our production requirements from 220 to 240 LPH for ASR and for straight transcription from 150 to 160 LPH.  They gave their reason as industry-wide production requirement increases.  Anyone else out there have the same problem.

Sounds sketchy - Been there done that

[ In Reply To ..]
They make it sound like there's some central HQ that is mandating this across the board for all companies and all MTs - which of course there is not. Having said that - those numbers are really quite achievable, if not low. I currently produce 550 lines/hr voice recognition editing and 290 lines/hr straight transcribing.

My company has no LPH requirement. - I am not aware of an industry-wide

[ In Reply To ..]
standard. Sounds dubious to me.

There is NO regulation for this industry in terms of - any parameter. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
There are suggestions, there are widely used figures (e.g., 98% quality) but there are NO regulated requirements.

Their reason is BULL.

I'm not sure it would be legal to have an industry-wide requirement - Would it?

[ In Reply To ..]
Isn't that similar to price-fixing, which is illegal?

I'm guessing it was just worded wrong. A company can make their own requirements for their own employees, not independent contractors, and they certainly can't make requirements for the whole industry. It was just poorly worded I think, probably by someone who was uncomfortable delivering bad news and was trying to excuse it.

Just another way of.... - empirelady

[ In Reply To ..]
... effecting yet another pay cut; just a back-door way of doing it. Your actual cents-per-line pay stays the same, but the incentives don't kick in until a higher line count is completed as a minimum. As for industry-wide, it becomes that way when one company does it, which paves the road for the rest.

and the rest of the story.. - feels threatened

[ In Reply To ..]
My first reply here ever, but I have to vent and tell the rest of the story. Anyway, for the above minimums, the rest is as such....if you do not maintain these minimums the benefits (which are expensive) are taken away, including PTO until maintained for a period of time. If we are talking about the big Precyse I have been an employee here for over 10 years, my quality reports are good, no disciplinary action. Can type up to 8 accounts per day and do so because if I don't there will be no jobs which in turn means no paycheck but the catch is such, you are basically required to make-up-time or use PTO to cover the no jobs available. Say what? In my opinion here is where they are going to get out of paying us anything. No jobs, no PTO, no pay if you can't make the cut. I am switching back and forth constantly between these 8 accounts. Do I worry daily about me making the lines, you betcha. Very curious as to how one maintains a line count doing all the above and wonders who can remember all the specs between consults, Ops, H&P, DS, and different accounts and what individual docs want and the specs can change daily or weekly, it doesn't matter. My brain feels like it is shorting out. No raise for as long as I can remember and several accounts gone to India, they just up and disappeared, no notice. The only part of my original primary account I get is 1 or 2 docs who are very difficult to understand. My pay has been cut by $10,000 between the time I started and now. Am I getting slower? Doubt it! I type speech rec, was very open to it actually, and also type traditional, but the only traditional I get is what is so difficult speech rec cannot even begin to pick up. I'm sure one will say try and get on 1 large account. Tried that, it disappeared as well. I have tried to ask for just a few larger accounts and that didn't work either. I'm sure there are a few lucky ones out there who have stayed on the same 1 or 2 accounts, I'm just not one of them. We also do not get time to check e-mails, that does not count toward our system activity hours this is to be done on our own time. If you are on part-time, no break for you unless you want to make that up as well. Gosh, I'm frustrated and have been so for a few years but kept telling myself it will get better. Well, needless to say, I'm searching after this last THREAT and it won't be inside the transcription industry. I deserve my PTO even if I can't make these new minimum lines! Love to type, love the medical field but I have had enough.

Similar Messages:

Dragon An Industry-wide Trend?
Apr 11, 2011

Are many companies installing Dragon for all their MTs to use, or are most using back-end VR where the MTs simply edit?  Inscribe is going 100% Dragon.  Is that an industry trend? ...

Do You Think That As The Economy Improves That Industry Wide Salaries Will Begin To Improve?
Sep 22, 2010

I know and accept the fact (albeit grudgingly) that ASR and offshoring are the wave of the future, but do you think that as the economy improves that things will cycle and what we do will once again become valued with the recognition of our value being reflected in higher salaries?  Or do you think that the unhappy reality is that regardless of the economy salaries will either remain stagnant or continue to trend downward? Thanks in advance for your input. ...

Idea To Increase Production
Apr 27, 2010

A while back I was trying to think of some things to increase my production, so I sat down with paper and pencil and made a list of the biggest things that were slowing me down.  At the top of the list were three main things:  Nine different accounts with nine totally different CPs, ESLs, and ASR.  I decided to work on the CPs first.  This one little trick has actually DOUBLED my production over the last two months.  My thought was that maybe if I had all the CPs for all ...

Feng Shui To Increase Production?
Sep 29, 2011

Has anyone arranged their workspace using feng shui, and have you seen a difference in production/income because of it? I am willing to try anything to get a self-imposed raise at this point. It could be mumbo-jumbo, but it has been around for thousands of years.  Perhaps there is something to it?  Thanks for any replies and suggestions.  ...

Nuance. What Is Their Production Requirement
Aug 05, 2011

What is the production requirement for Nuance and how long do you have to meet it?  If you are not meeting it in 90 days do they let you go or do they give you time? ...

Told By TSM To Increase Production But OOW And Bad Weather, Etc. Do Not Impact LPH As It Is Calculat
May 02, 2014

huh?   ...

To The AP Transcriptionists: Now That There Is A Line Requirement And An Hours Requirement (sm)
Sep 25, 2012

what are you all doing when there is no work during whatever your shift may have been?  Are you having to make up the hours elsewhere?  (That could lead to potentially a lot of bouncing around the shifts trying to find work.) ...

S/l Wide Ace Adhesion Lysis?
Jan 26, 2010

PLAN:  Lumbar epidural steroid injeciton with s/l wide ace adhesion lysis will be ....   thanks ...

Tsk Tsk World Wide Dictation
Nov 06, 2011

offering a whole whopping 6 cpl depending on quality!  Shame on you! ...

World Wide Dictation
Aug 13, 2014

Hello Everyone: I am looking for any insight on this company. I am strongly leaning towards it, but I don't know anyone who has had experience with the company. Thanks!   ...

World Wide Dictation - Any Info On This Co.?
Dec 13, 2010

Does anyone know anything about a company called World Wide Dictation?  Thanks in advance ...

Any Info On World Wide Or ExcelScript?
Feb 21, 2011

Looking for info on these two companies...anyone working there currently, good, bad, anything? ...

Careful With World Wide Dictation
Jul 23, 2012

Nice people, but the two things I mentioned above unfortunately cancel those out.  Plus 3 cpl is RIDICULOUS!! ...

Is There A Company- Wide Email Directory Somewhere?
Nov 02, 2012

Since they changed the email system, we only have access to email addresses we save. ...

Does Anyone Have Any Info On World Wide Dictation?
Aug 31, 2014

I got a message asking me to contact them at a specific time about a job.  Usually I am asked when I am available to talk about a job with someone. ...

World Wide Dictation Wants A Business Card
Apr 30, 2010

Has anyone else been asked by WWD to provide a business card?  And specifically state on their bus. card "independent contractor"?  What's up with that?  Anyone hear if they are in trouble or being investigated?  Hear anything about them going out of biz?  ...

Country-wide Strike In India Today
May 31, 2012

Wondering if anyone has noticed an increase in work because of this? My accounts are still pretty low. ...

Anyone Work For World Wide Dictation? Never Heard
Mar 18, 2013

of them so was just wondering. ...

I Need To Increase My Pay....
Feb 08, 2012

....as I'm about ready to get kicked out.  I have been working like crazy and was shocked when I saw my paycheck but at least I have a job.  Please tell me what I can do to get more lines per hour.  If I turn the clock off when I get up, then I have to make up that time to get my eight hours in.  Too tired by the end of when my shift is to stop to do more typing/vr.  I need hints/ideas/etc!!!!!  Thanks :) ...

Is It Mucous Secretions And Mucus Production Or Mucous Production?
Mar 11, 2013

Is it mucous secretions and mucus production or mucous production? ...

Trying To Increase Speed...
Sep 25, 2010

Does anyone have any hints/suggestions/help for working more quickly in Powerscribe editing radiology reports?  The program seems a bit sluggish and you have to wait on it when you want to go on to the next step/next report.  Any hints for copying/pasting more quickly, etc?  Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to increase my speed.  TIA ...

Best Way To Increase Lines
Jun 27, 2013

I've been doing work via escription for about a month and a half now (Transcriptionist most of my life) and i really like it.  I am just up to about an average of 300 lines per hour though. I have heard/seen people do much better with the line count, and I wonder what your input is.  Some say that you shouldnt use the mouse and should only use the keyboard for quick editing.  I use the mouse still. I have my short cuts in and such, but for the most part i keep my hand on the ...

How Can I Increase Productivity?
Apr 23, 2015

I do transcription work for several different doctors and get a lot of pre-generated reports that just need editing.  Is there anything at all that I can do to increase productivity? Thank you all!  ...

Increase Line Counts?
Jun 26, 2010

I kind of feel dumb even asking this question but how does one get these 300 lph counts I've read about on here?  I have 12 years plus years experience and have only worked in 2 different hospitals.  We never had expanders so I don't really know much about them.  I average about 180 lph but am realizing now working for an MTSO that I am going to have to increase my line counts.  Thanks! ...

What Caused An Increase In Shorter
Dec 22, 2010

Not long ago, work was abundant for all MTs, but then it seemed that changed when for some reason, turn around times were shortened markedly.  What caused this?  Was is just a new way for companies to compete, promising that the work would get back sooner than a client's current MT service, or did something more technical occur, such as government regulations, insurance requirements, etc.  I see jobs by the hundreds on the web and yet the complaint is always the same: No work ...

Increase In Cost Of Benefits
Mar 09, 2011

Help!!! Okay, I've been working PT for MQ for 7 long years.  I am considering going FT just for the benefits because no one can live off of minimum wage. Because information on open enrollment will not be available until late April/May for June 2011, I need to know if the rates normally go up and by about how much?  Please, I only want to hear from MQ (not recently new to MQ from Spheris or non-MQ people) people who have been full time for the ...

What Are Some Ways To Increase Productivity? Nm
Apr 17, 2011

x ...

Can You Increase Volume In Emdat
Jul 26, 2011

My Emdat voice quality has been very low recently.  Unfortunately my ear phone cord broke and I ordered new earphones but it's just a whisper.  I've increased the volume button on Emdat, but wondered if there is a way to increase the volume otherwise.  I've done everything on my computer to make the volume loud but it doesn't work. I just ordered a new 2nd set of earphones along with a volume increase thing from Amazon and was so excited to get it in today.&nb ...

How Do You Increase Sound Quality? Sm
Jul 11, 2012

I have a service that rerecords from the hospital server and then we download from the service's server.  The sound quality is absolutely atrocious by the time it comes to the MT with most jobs sounding like they were dictated on a cell phone inside a cardboard box.  I am presently using a Boostaroo which make the audio louder but does nothing to clean it up.  Is there something I can buy that will improve the quality?  TIA ...

Increase Dictation Volume?
Jul 24, 2012

Is there anything at all I can do to increase the dictation sound volume when I get these whisperers or people using cell phones, etc, and I can hardly hear them?  I guess some of them are just sitting too far away from the dictating equipment, but they are never going to change.  They are always going to be barely audible. Is there anything I can do or buy to amplify the sound with these dictators?  I already have my computer and speakers set on the highest volume.  I' ...