A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dragon an industry-wide trend? - joymarsta

Posted: Apr 11, 2011

Are many companies installing Dragon for all their MTs to use, or are most using back-end VR where the MTs simply edit?  Inscribe is going 100% Dragon.  Is that an industry trend?

Inscribe the company in KY or Emdat the platform - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Dragon an industry-wide trend? - joymarsta

[ In Reply To ..]
The company in Kentucky. They are starting to use Dragon for echo-dictation. I just wondered if that is an industry-wide trend or just them. I'm not sure echo dictation is something I want to pursue.

Joymarsta, what is echo-dictation and what - do we do on our end? NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Industry Wide Production Requirement Increase?
Apr 04, 2011

The company I work for just increased our production requirements from 220 to 240 LPH for ASR and for straight transcription from 150 to 160 LPH.  They gave their reason as industry-wide production requirement increases.  Anyone else out there have the same problem. ...

Do You Think That As The Economy Improves That Industry Wide Salaries Will Begin To Improve?
Sep 22, 2010

I know and accept the fact (albeit grudgingly) that ASR and offshoring are the wave of the future, but do you think that as the economy improves that things will cycle and what we do will once again become valued with the recognition of our value being reflected in higher salaries?  Or do you think that the unhappy reality is that regardless of the economy salaries will either remain stagnant or continue to trend downward? Thanks in advance for your input. ...

A Trend I Am Seeing
Mar 15, 2011

I have noticed over the past few weeks that the majority of transcriptionists wanted ads (not on here) are in-house only.  I saw 11 job postings today looking for such and all were for in-house in different areas - and that's just today!  One of the companies I have a contract with has lost an account in the past month due to their hiring in-house staff instead.  Anyone else notice this? ...

Anybody Notice A Trend?
Jul 19, 2012

I have been noticing a trend lately here on the old board.  Starting midweek, some posters start with the meanness, the insults, the name calling, nastiness and it continues through the weekend, Saturday seeming to be the worst.  Anybody else notice this?  It was quiet yesterday, usual normal venting, but no meanness or sarcasm or insults, and today, wow.  Just sayin' ...

I Have Noticed A Trend Of Being OOW In The
Nov 23, 2012

around 9:00 p.m. Central Time.  Any other MTs running out of work consistently around this time?  I am wondering if the work starts getting routed to India around this time, because India is about 10 hours ahead of the US, so it would be morning time for India.  The work just stops downloading and not even one job trickles in. ...

Is The New Trend To Dock MT Pay For Excessive QA
May 27, 2010

submission?  I'm with a company that does this (amongst other bordering on unethical things)....I'm sure we all know what company.......cough MQ cough........   Anyway, is it just this horrible company that docks pay for QA over 5% and also if you fail an audit?  I really wouldn't have a problem with docking of pay for failed audits IF they were fair, but this company doesn't know the meaning of the word fair.    Just wondering if there are other ...

It The Trend Now To Go With Diskectomy Instead Of Discectomy? Nm
Oct 28, 2010

nm ...

Is This A Trend Amongst Companies These Days?
Aug 31, 2011

I have been looking for a better job for about 4 months or so.  As of today, I have trained for 3 untenable situations.  I won't name companies because my intent is not to slam a particular company, but to see if others are seeing a trend of companies saying anything (including lying) to an MT to get them to come aboard.  1)  A company where they were to pay hourly, but once I signed on the dotted line, it became production...with hourly at some future date.  As pa ...

Seeing A Trend? Work Disappearing?
Aug 29, 2013

Anyone else notice a trend that you get assigned to a "new" account (new to you and to Nuance) and work slowly builds up to a good amount, then starts to get out of control and behind, then starts to dwindle, then eventually it's such a trickle that you're constantly out of work?  This has now happened to me 3 times, and I'm beginning to wonder what's going on.  I know that staffing increases, when things get behind secondaries get pulled onto an account, and that a ...

Re: Trend Of Hospitals Starting To Hire MTs Again:
Mar 16, 2011

Another poster below mentioned that her hospital hired its own MTs, stopped outsourcing work.  It seems like most of these jobs are in-house, but I was happy to read that her hospital had all its MTs working at home.  How I wish I could find a job like that!  The few hospitals in my part of the state that do hire on-site MTs are too far away to make commuting an option, especially with the rising gas prices.   I've been looking at hospital employee MT jobs nationwi ...

MModal Laying Off Part-timers. Is This A New Trend?
Apr 04, 2013

Should be an interesting, wild ride. ...

S/l Wide Ace Adhesion Lysis?
Jan 26, 2010

PLAN:  Lumbar epidural steroid injeciton with s/l wide ace adhesion lysis will be ....   thanks ...

Tsk Tsk World Wide Dictation
Nov 06, 2011

offering a whole whopping 6 cpl depending on quality!  Shame on you! ...

World Wide Dictation
Aug 13, 2014

Hello Everyone: I am looking for any insight on this company. I am strongly leaning towards it, but I don't know anyone who has had experience with the company. Thanks!   ...

World Wide Dictation - Any Info On This Co.?
Dec 13, 2010

Does anyone know anything about a company called World Wide Dictation?  Thanks in advance ...

Any Info On World Wide Or ExcelScript?
Feb 21, 2011

Looking for info on these two companies...anyone working there currently, good, bad, anything? ...

Careful With World Wide Dictation
Jul 23, 2012

Nice people, but the two things I mentioned above unfortunately cancel those out.  Plus 3 cpl is RIDICULOUS!! ...

Is There A Company- Wide Email Directory Somewhere?
Nov 02, 2012

Since they changed the email system, we only have access to email addresses we save. ...

Does Anyone Have Any Info On World Wide Dictation?
Aug 31, 2014

I got a message asking me to contact them at a specific time about a job.  Usually I am asked when I am available to talk about a job with someone. ...

World Wide Dictation Wants A Business Card
Apr 30, 2010

Has anyone else been asked by WWD to provide a business card?  And specifically state on their bus. card "independent contractor"?  What's up with that?  Anyone hear if they are in trouble or being investigated?  Hear anything about them going out of biz?  ...

Country-wide Strike In India Today
May 31, 2012

Wondering if anyone has noticed an increase in work because of this? My accounts are still pretty low. ...

Anyone Work For World Wide Dictation? Never Heard
Mar 18, 2013

of them so was just wondering. ...

New To The Industry
Jan 18, 2010

Hi, I am a recent graduate of a Med. Transcript program and am unable to find work for someone with less than one year experiance.  Any suggestions? ...

MT Industry
Feb 17, 2011

As a group, we need to talk, fax, email our state representatives to explain what is going on in our industry. Give them your personal story.  We should all do this 3/1/2010 and the first of every month until something is done.  If they get enough complaints/responses, they will help us.  They will start and talk to each other and realize how many of us are being abused.  We need to have state and federal regulations to protect us from these companies. Due to&n ...

Is It Still Possible To Get A PT Job In This Industry. Nm
Nov 04, 2012

nm ...

This Whole Industry
Aug 22, 2013

Here's the problem with MT's who work at home:  There's not one out of six of you that have ever grown a pair of cajones. ...

BOS And Their Industry Standard?
Oct 21, 2009

Do all of your companies that you work for use the BOS as their industry standard? ...

Industry Trends
Mar 21, 2010

I'm new to this board, but have been in the business a while.  There's obviously a lot of dissatisfaction on the way work is being moved to India and Speech Recognition.  Its affected me, too.  But, it is what it is.  The healthcare facilities  are being forced to cut costs, and the MTSOs have to respond to keep the business, which is unfortunate for us. First, there was India.  HealthScribe, Focus Informatics, CBay, Heartland and others pushed this ...

Backpaddeling With MT Industry.
Jan 19, 2012

Backpaddeling with MT industry.. In no time, it is going to hit deadend or get crashed ... CONCERNED, IRRITATTED, ANGRY, FRUSTRATED MT.   ...

No Future In This Industry?
Jun 29, 2012

I don't know why I'm posting, just a last bit of hope left in me.  I have devoted my entire adult life to this industry, what I used to consider a career. Over the decades, I became a top-notch professional MT, basically 100% accuracy, never needed QA help, and was a huge producer.   Fast forward 20 years, and I climbed up the ladder in our industry, joining QA, being a team lead, then up into management levels, and.... rather than have my salary 'commensurate with ...