A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

World Wide Dictation - Any info on this co.? - Thanks

Posted: Dec 13, 2010

Does anyone know anything about a company called World Wide Dictation?  Thanks in advance

Maybe owned by David Letterman, who owns World - Wide Pants? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Any MTSO that is "worldwide" or "global" likely doesn't - pay its workers very well.......(nm)

[ In Reply To ..]

I worked there.. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
CEO is very nice - great guy. They will tell you you'll start at .07/line (w/spaces) and then get a .01/line raise up to .09/line if you are on the ball and 99% accurate. My files were 100% QA and I still never got a raise past .07/line. I was told I was taken off QA the second day I was there. After that, every time I asked about a raise, I got well, you're still on QA (WTH?) - and they couldn't tell me how long I'd be on it, yet I never once got any feedback from anyone in QA - ever! That seemed to be a ruse to not give the raise.

Also, my checks started coming out short - a lot off. A few hundred the first time; a couple hundred the second time. I emailed and emailed accounts payable. They would not give me a reason why they were short or how they came up with the figures they did. They would not tell me how they computing my pay either - with or without spaces. I was also asked why I hadn't worked the last two weeks - I told them when they could figure out my line rate and tell me how they calculate pay, I would start working again. Needless to say, I never heard from them again. I lost over $500 in 2 paychecks due to their sudden difference in how they count/pay lines.

Then they sent out a "new" IC contract mandating that everyone must obtain liability insurance (error/omission). This work is strictly verbatim transcription with difficult audio 60% of the time.

They also over-hired and there was less than 15 files a day for everyone to try and make a living with for a few weeks. I got an email about me not getting in my minimum of 1 hour of audio a day and I asked how in the world could I? There were 15 files or less in the queue total daily.

They will also change their mind on the max minutes a file can be that you take. It could be 8 min one day, then maybe 12, then on, go to 25, then no, stay down at 15, then - well you get the picture.

They do pay on time twice a month (paper check), but like I mentioned things got really weird the last month I was there.

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Have Any Info On World Wide Dictation?
Aug 31, 2014

I got a message asking me to contact them at a specific time about a job.  Usually I am asked when I am available to talk about a job with someone. ...

Tsk Tsk World Wide Dictation
Nov 06, 2011

offering a whole whopping 6 cpl depending on quality!  Shame on you! ...

World Wide Dictation
Aug 13, 2014

Hello Everyone: I am looking for any insight on this company. I am strongly leaning towards it, but I don't know anyone who has had experience with the company. Thanks!   ...

Careful With World Wide Dictation
Jul 23, 2012

Nice people, but the two things I mentioned above unfortunately cancel those out.  Plus 3 cpl is RIDICULOUS!! ...

World Wide Dictation Wants A Business Card
Apr 30, 2010

Has anyone else been asked by WWD to provide a business card?  And specifically state on their bus. card "independent contractor"?  What's up with that?  Anyone hear if they are in trouble or being investigated?  Hear anything about them going out of biz?  ...

Anyone Work For World Wide Dictation? Never Heard
Mar 18, 2013

of them so was just wondering. ...

Any Info On World Wide Or ExcelScript?
Feb 21, 2011

Looking for info on these two companies...anyone working there currently, good, bad, anything? ...

S/l Wide Ace Adhesion Lysis?
Jan 26, 2010

PLAN:  Lumbar epidural steroid injeciton with s/l wide ace adhesion lysis will be ....   thanks ...

Dragon An Industry-wide Trend?
Apr 11, 2011

Are many companies installing Dragon for all their MTs to use, or are most using back-end VR where the MTs simply edit?  Inscribe is going 100% Dragon.  Is that an industry trend? ...

Is There A Company- Wide Email Directory Somewhere?
Nov 02, 2012

Since they changed the email system, we only have access to email addresses we save. ...

Industry Wide Production Requirement Increase?
Apr 04, 2011

The company I work for just increased our production requirements from 220 to 240 LPH for ASR and for straight transcription from 150 to 160 LPH.  They gave their reason as industry-wide production requirement increases.  Anyone else out there have the same problem. ...

Country-wide Strike In India Today
May 31, 2012

Wondering if anyone has noticed an increase in work because of this? My accounts are still pretty low. ...

Do You Think That As The Economy Improves That Industry Wide Salaries Will Begin To Improve?
Sep 22, 2010

I know and accept the fact (albeit grudgingly) that ASR and offshoring are the wave of the future, but do you think that as the economy improves that things will cycle and what we do will once again become valued with the recognition of our value being reflected in higher salaries?  Or do you think that the unhappy reality is that regardless of the economy salaries will either remain stagnant or continue to trend downward? Thanks in advance for your input. ...

New World
Dec 03, 2009

Morning all. Knew it was coming, just didn't know when.  CTL gone Monday and this a.m., a totally new CCM.  Haven't been told anything by anyone at MQ about any of this.  Just happened.  It's OK.  The last CCM was pretty bad, never answered E.mails or phone calls.  The CTL was great though and that is probably why she is gone.  MQ can't stand to have anyone good for morale and/or MTs work for them.  Look out everyone, its Christmas ...

World Help!
Jan 25, 2010

PE section of report.    Abdomen:  Revealed bulging flanks.  An umbilical hernia was present.  There were bowel sounds throughout.  s/l Pastel's or Pascal's was positive, and there was a positive fluid wave.  Any help would be appreciated!   ...

What I Would Like The World To Know
Apr 13, 2012

would probably not jibe with what Vern would like the world to know. ...

Brand New World
Jan 11, 2010

Yesterday (Sun) was a nightmare. I was struggling to get jobs all day long (see posts below). There were very few last night even, when there are normally an abundance of jobs. I was bouncing all over the place; it was like the cesspool all over again. Look at the backlog this morning; only 400 jobs company wide at 8 EST? I think whatever upgrade they did yesterday morning just sucked more accounts to our ILPs. ...

What's The World Coming To
Feb 19, 2010

On my every-other-month audit by my QTL I lost points for expanding Clostridium difficule, but SHE wanted me to put (I kid you not) C Diff. Now I have been reading stories by newswriters about E-coli, but I'm still putting E. coli. Please don't tell me those idiot biddies at AHDI have changed the "rules" on us again.  I also make money typing papers for professional journals, and I really HATE dumbing myself down for MQ. and...I'm still getting broken jobs with terms like ...

There Is Justice In This World!
Jul 11, 2010

After I was terminated by Transcend, I thought my world had come crashing down on me, and I picked up the pieces and started to look for work.  In the meantime, I filed for unemployment, never thinking I had 1 chance to gain that at all.  My judgment came in from the review board in the State of FL., and they determined that there was no fault found on my part when the company terminated me, and that I had carried out my duties, as described in my job description, with no intent on my ...

What's Up In This Childish New World?
Nov 18, 2010

Am I missing something?  What happened in the world we live in now?  It is as if something has gone terribly awry almost overnight.  It must have changed when I wasn't looking... I made a cold call to a pain clinic in a nearby town.  I asked if I might send my resume via e-mail and was told "We don't like to give out our e-mail address."  I was asked if I might mail it via snail mail to the attention of their office manner.  I was told her name was " ...

What In The World Is He Saying? Thanks In Advance!
May 12, 2011

This doctor is going way too fast. Even when we slow him down, he is going sooooo fast. Here is the sentence we have been stuck on! The patient ___ sedation to the right. The abdomen is prepped Beta and scrubbed Beta solution and draped in usual fashion. Same doctor, same dictation: The area was checked for hemostasis, closed with 3-0 Vicryl of the subcutaneous tissue and 4-0 Vicryl ___ skin and steri-strips. Please and thank you SO very much! ...

How In The World Can All Of You Work For
Oct 05, 2011

I am having a hard time.  I am realizing this is exactly what I am doing.  Working for another country.  The country who came out with a new 49.00 computer as of today.  This country is making money off of me.  http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/05/tech/india-new-computer-tablet/ ...

Low Census All Over The World?
Feb 01, 2013

I'm lucky enough to have one of the few remaining MT/E jobs that is NOT an MTSO (albeit not for much longer). I've been reading here for quite a while, including the General, M*Modal, and Nuance boards. It seems as if nearly everyone, everywhere has seen their work dry up in the extreme.  At Nuance and M*Modal, of course, they reckon it's because it's all going to India, and all things considered, they're undoubtedly right, at least in part. However, it doesn ...

My World Is Askew. . .
Feb 18, 2013

Somehow I have hit some key combination and mycomputer screens are now viewed on their sides.  The top is to the right and the bottom to the left.  Anybody know how I can get this back the right way?  My neck is getting sore.  lol  I know this happened to me before, but I don't remember how I fixed it.   ...

Your Little Corner Of The World
Mar 07, 2013

So I just moved into a larger place which allows for my very own dedicated office.  Not huge, about 14 x 14, yet I find myself totally clueless on ideas for how to decorate it.  I'll be the only one using it so I pretty much have free rein over how to fix it up. Would anyone like to share pics of their home office and pics of office equipment (computer tables, bookcases, etc) that you have or how you have fixed up your own home office?  Maybe I can find some inspiration. We ...

It's The Best Feeling In The World When
Apr 21, 2014

I'm on my last report for the day and I can shut my computer off and forget about this job for a little while ...

World Client
Jan 29, 2015

I have been noticing for the last few weeks that my deleted email file is empty when I have NOT emptied it or deleted the trashed emails.  Yesterday I went to my inbox and deleted several emails that I did not need.  They went to the deleted file and today they are GONE.  The deleted file is empty. Anyone else having the same issue?  ...

What In The World Happened To The Archives
Oct 16, 2009

I can't figure out what is going on here anymore.  Tons of posts are gone.  I can't get to the archived posts anymore.  What's going on? ...

How In The World Would One Change This Sentence?
Feb 04, 2010

Becuase he had been started, about 6 weeks ago, on Abilify, he is also on lithium, this is for bipolar disorder.   I know not to start with becuase.. I change to Since, but the whole thing still doesn't look right to me. ...

Hopefully Good News For The MT World!!
Mar 31, 2011

So I was at a local clinic today that had switched over to a dropdown menu system and templates for their doctors a couple years ago and had laid off their transcriptionists and the doctor was just typing away in his template and of course I had to mention how as a medical transcriptionist this really bothered me.  He told me that many of the doctors there were unhappy with the new system and had gone back to dictating and that they were more than likely going to be hiring transcriptionists ...