A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

White House Petition - RadMT

Posted: Feb 06, 2013

Please sign this petition, just found it on the White House site and it has a long way to go to get recognized and responded to.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/bring-back-all-united-states-medical-record-transcription-be-performed-only-us-us-medical/TJzSQpZq

Petition - mtmom23

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much for posting this. I just signed it! Am passing the link along to my MT friends.

and you non-MT friends. Anyone can sign - :-) NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

we've been round this mulberry bush last month - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Do it again please - RadMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Definitely worth going around it again and again, no one is going to pay attention or hear us until we MAKE ourselves heard!

22 days to get 98,000+ signatures - umm, right.

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll be shocked if it makes it to 5000 signatures, SHOCKED. This will NEVER see the light of day.

Anyone know the definition of insanity??

I just don't get it - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
What is it you think the government is really going to do for you? Do you really think if the work that is offshored comes back stateside you will be paid enough to live on?

The government isnt going to legislate this profession. First, we're a pittance in the grand scheme of impacted personnel; second, the government isn't going to make your life better. Rates are down. They are going to stay down until technology becomes good enough to do 90% of the work. Then what will you do? STart a petition saying technology should not be allowed to be applied to our industry?

You are simply spinning your wheels, IMO. I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't, just really trying to figure out what you think can in all honesty be done to change things.

actually government backed offshoring when they gave - incentives to the industry to do so...

[ In Reply To ..]
Why would they put a stop now, because 98,000 people on paper object years after the fact?

Good one...

Complacency is why we are where we are - RadMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I did not start the petition, just found it and am spreading the word as much as I possibly can. I have little hope that rates will increase, technology is only going to advance. My hope is that the jobs come back home where they should be and not overseas.

Similar Messages:

White House Petition Re: Off-shoring
Sep 17, 2013

Check out site below. Signatures needed! https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-sending-our-medical-records-offshore/B8mSk5hN   ...

Petition To White House To Stop Off-shoring Jobs . . .
Nov 15, 2012

Please take a look at the petition I've started on the White House "We the People" website. We need 250 signatures for it to go lived, and then 25,000 within 30 days to force the administration to review it and respond. It is here http://wh.gov/XbqE It may not help, but I think it's worth a shot. Thanks! ...

6' 8" White Male Or 6 Foot 8 Inch White Male?
Dec 09, 2009

I have not run across the patient's measurements before and have no clue of the proper way to type them. tia.   6' 8" white male or 6 foot 8 inch white male? ...

S/l Derry White Syndrome, And Not Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
Jun 14, 2010

Can't find this, gets infections and cellulitis because of this syndrome, TIA ...

PETITION: Everyone Needs To Sign This Petition
Sep 04, 2013

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-sending-our-medical-records-offshore/B8mSk5hN ...

TAA Petition =
Jan 21, 2010

As suggested the other day, I e-mailed my TAA regional director since all I was getting from my One-Stop Career Center person & UI was that I needed a letter stating a lay off date or that there was an imminent threat of lay off. She sent me a note, then cc'd my e-mail to my state director.  Here are their responses: Regional:  You would need a qualifying separation in order to be eligible for Trade benefits as you have not been determined to be an adversely affected incumbe ...

Does Anyone Know If There Has Been A TAA Petition
Aug 16, 2013

filed with the DOL for Nuance employees?  I know MModal has one and lots of their employees, both past and present, are taking advantage of the schooling and other benefits.  If not filed for Nuance employees could we model one after the MModal petition?  Anybody have any information?  ...

Petition (sm)
Apr 02, 2014

Petition for Joint Commission to change standards in health care documentation.  This was created by an MT.  ...

White Count Help
Dec 30, 2009

Doctor is stating "white count is down to 24,000.2" (twenty-four thousand point 2).  How would you transcribe this.  TIA ...

White Count
Jun 14, 2011

when doc says white count of 5.3 this is to get expanded, is that correct? Also is it expaned to 53,000? ...

In-house Job
Oct 14, 2010

I applied for an in-house transcription job in August back at my old pre-MQ hospital.  They decided the work load was too light (they had lost Radiology) and we not going to fill it at that time.  Another position has been vacated and I got a call from a friend that they are definitely filling it this time.  There were only 2 qualified applicants in August.  I am hoping the other person found something great already.  I have my fingers crossed, am nervous, and need ...

In-house Pay?
Nov 09, 2011

I really have no idea if this is fair compensation or not, but I am looking at a job that is an in-house MT job, a 45-minute one-way commute, with full benefits, and the pay is 0.075 cpl.  The job will not come home, and the pay will only increase every year. Any opinions? ...

Does VR Get Better If Kept In-house?
May 16, 2012

Have any of your hospitals purchased a Nuance VR product that they've used for their in-house transcriptionists?  If so, does the VR quality get better and better since you have a limited number of MTs doing the editing?   It's not my hospital but one I know of that's starting with this new product, so I'm not sure of the exact product name.  I've worked for a huge MTSO where the VR never, ever improved in the 9 months I used it; but with soooo many MTs m ...

Sign The Petition
Jun 20, 2011

I found a petition to sign against sending work offshore.  Its at ataus.org (American Transcription Assocation).  You do  not have to be a member to sign it.  Does anyone else know about any petitions?  ...

Petition To Retain Value Of MT
Mar 13, 2011

http://www.ahdi-west.org/advocacy/petition-letter-to-legislators/ ...

We All Need To Sign This Petition If We Want
Nov 30, 2012

It only takes a minute of your time, and your MT career is on the line. ...

Petition To Keep Jobs In USA
Dec 08, 2012

http://wh.gov/Nz78 This looks a lot like one posted here a couple weeks ago. It's on a facebook page. It says it takes 150 signatures within 30 days for it to go live on the White House website. I see you have to register to sign, but I just did, and it only takes a minute. Please sign. We need to try to do something about losing our jobs to other countries. ...

Petition #81128
Feb 08, 2013

Everyone who is trade affected due to work being shifted to India with reduced hours is potentially eligible under this petition at http://doleta.gov/tradeact  I met with a representative today who encouraged me to tell other workers in this situation about the possible benefits from the department of labor.   Contact your state office to find out if you qualify.  It offers potential benefits for retraining in another occupation that has expected growth potential as wel ...

PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION
Feb 13, 2013

A petition to the White House for bringing our work back! https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/bring-back-all-united-states-medical-record-transcription-be-performed-only-us-us-medical/TJzSQpZq Once this is through we need one to nix SR!!!! ...

Question About The Petition
Aug 20, 2013

I can't find what I want to know on the site. Who's going to deliver it and to whom? What's the end-goal figure for signatures?  I know the new goal on there is 200, but I can't believe whoever is in charge of it is going to stop there, are they? ...

When Does The TAA Petition Expire?
Aug 21, 2013

x ...

Signing The Petition
Sep 05, 2013

I want to sign the petition to stop offshoring, and also put it on my FB page for others to see, but I'm worried my company is monitoring this and will find a reason to fire me. Are others worried about this? ...

Anyone Know Anything About The Trade Act Petition?
Dec 16, 2013

Got a call today from the Dept of Labor and the nice lady said I was entitled to educational benefits of $27,000.00 and/or if I got a job for, let's say, $10.00 an hour "they" would pay me $5 more because of something to do with MModal and NA Free Trade; that MModal was "adversely effected" (her words) because of outsourcing----that Americans are now missing out on jobs, etc., ect.....Really didn't know what to make of all what she was saying, but I told her to send me the paperwork. S ...

Trade Act Petition
Apr 02, 2014

New petition # is 85182. It is currently awaiting a decision. Our previous petition expired the end of March. Hopefully the new petition will be approved. ...

Patient Is An (s/l Un - Jay - Ven) White Male. Nm
Feb 03, 2010

almost sounds like unshaven but i've never heard a dictator say that ...

What's With The White Spaces In The Audio Bar?
Sep 08, 2010

Before, when I would upload a job, the audio bar would be completely blue. Now there are tons of white spaces in it.  Does this indicate time that the dictator was not talking, or is this a way for them to see how many times we lift our foot off the pedal? ...

White Talo Brittle?
Sep 20, 2010

During examination of the foot.  Doc says "Nails short, mildly dystrophic.  S/l white talo brittle.  Appear to be recently trimmed." ...

S/l Coloso White Matter Changes
Nov 29, 2010

"There are no periventricular or (coloso) white matter changes".  TIA! ...

White Count Was 7.3 Thousand?
Jan 24, 2011

This is probably a pretty basic one, but how would you correctly word this when a doc dictates a white count this way:  "7.3 thousand?" 7.3000? 7.3 thousand? other?   Thanks -- ...

The Sclerae Were/was White? (just Checking)
Feb 23, 2011

. ...