A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

In-house pay? - curiousgeorge

Posted: Nov 09, 2011

I really have no idea if this is fair compensation or not, but I am looking at a job that is an in-house MT job, a 45-minute one-way commute, with full benefits, and the pay is 0.075 cpl.  The job will not come home, and the pay will only increase every year.

Any opinions?

My opinion is that seems rather low - anonmt

[ In Reply To ..]
for an in-house job with no possibility of being at home, not to mention the commute time. Yes, benefits add up. Others who work for MTSOs will have other opinions I am sure. I work for a major medical center, employee status, but work at home. My pay is 10-12 cpl (depending on tier I choose to work in) with weekend/night differential and overtime pay on top of cpl with excellent benefits.

Way too low. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Curious George - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
No, no, NO! That is far too low for such a long commute. And how do you know the pay will increase every year, and by what percentage? Are they willing to sign a contract to that effect?

in-house? - sunshine

[ In Reply To ..]
Wouldn't do it unless the insurance was really good and you really needed it or unless you need to do it short-term in order to build a resume. Otherwise, at 0.075 cpl, your paycheck would most likely be close to nothing after gas/mileage. Good Luck on your decision!

I wouldn't work inhouse (or anywhere else!) for 7.5 cpl. - Inhouse should pay hourly, WITH benefits. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

in-house - long-time transcriptionist

[ In Reply To ..]
In-house should be paying HOURLY. We should not be accepting less and less all the time. That is a major problem in recent times.

Curiousgeorge - ERMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I currently work for a hospital at home. I get an hourly wage + incentive pay + bennies. I say not worth it.

Differing opinion - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
You have to know more about the job before you can just say yes or no. I have made 7.5 per line and thrived way more than making 9 per line because of the quality of the dictation. You say in-house MT, but not for where. Is it a huge hospital with tons of doctors or is it a small office with a handful of doctors that are easy to understand and you would be able to whip out the reports? There is a huge difference and I'm appalled that all these other MT's didn't ask these questions first. They are all about what you get paid per line instead of taking into consideration the type of work you might be doing. I worked at a local mental health facility in-house as an MT and the reports were so ridiculously easy that I easily cleared 30+ an hour. You need to do more studying and come back with more information. You can't determine a job based solely on 7.5 per line. In my opinion, depending on the facility, I think you should at least try it out. If after a week of work you decide it's not for you, then respectfully put in your notice. Also, as the one said, what kind of raises will there be? If you have to start out at 7.5 per line and can work up to 12 or 13 or 14, that's phenomenal. Maybe you will work into an hourly rate. There are many things you need to find out!

I'd take it in a heartbeat! - NC MT

[ In Reply To ..]
7.5 cpl is not bad, and usually hospital benefits are terrific. Plus there are opportunities to move upwards at hospitals, opportunities to network and learn new skills. I cannot believe all these MTs who are so focused on the line rate they can't see the value of an opportunity like this. It's not all about the line rate folks. We have to be our own career-builder and not expect others to do that for us. I think this industry began to tank when hospitals sent MTs home to work, and now their thinking is outdated and in a bubble! IMHO.

Huh? - valleyforge

[ In Reply To ..]
You're right! 7.5 cpl is not bad..that is UNLESS you're trying to pay bills, hold on to your mortgage and contribute to your family in this economy! That's the reason "line rate" is focused on by "all these MTs"! Why in the world would you spend the majority of that paycheck on gas/expenses when you could make the same rate at home while avoiding those expenses??
Huh? - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
How do you know it's bad just based on line rate? What if the doctors are amazing dictators? I have made $30+ an hour making 7.5 per line so how is it automatically bad without knowing the details???
You average 400 lines an hour consistently? ... (sm) - MTalso
[ In Reply To ..]
...would love to know how you do that (I'm very fast and accurate at 99% on my audits but I only average 300).
huh? - long-time transcriptionist
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh my how I cannot believe what I hear about line rates. What other industry do you know that has gone down in average line rates by over 25% in a five year period when the cost of living keeps going up? Yes, you may have a doctor, an account or two which will afford you great opportunities but that never lasts. I say good for you right now and "make hay while the sun shines" but very few people will make over $30 an hour at that rate. I have had accounts in the range of 0.09 to 0.105 a line when I made over $40 an hour at times but my overall average seemed to always come out to about $25 an hour. Never in my LIFE worked for 0.075 cpl. Somehow we need to keep trying to keep our line rates up.

in-house position - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have the opportunity for pay raises, and depending on how stressful the commute is, I would take it! Average pay is 8 cpl but with really horrible benefits and with no opportunity for upward mobility! It also would depend on the benefit package they offer and your co-pay. If the benefit package is good with a low co-pay, then you will more than make up that 0.5 line from the average rate.

I would not work for that - Kristie

[ In Reply To ..]
Our hospital starts out transcriptionists at $18 and goes up to $25 with only COLA increases after that.

in-house pay - curiousgeorge

[ In Reply To ..]
I certainly appreciate all of your responses! It's very interesting to read so many different opinions/experiences.

A little more about this situation...it is a small hospital. Lots of radiology, basic 4, very few op notes. It is not a trauma center, nothing like that. I am not very experienced in rad, and it seems like I will make less money per line on these reports, but I am not sure.

It is true that once there, networking is possible, etc. I am looking at all of this as I try and make my decision. There are so many variables besides just cpl. It's my own internet that keeps the job from coming home, otherwise, it could.

Take it - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
My advice to you is to take it. It's not going to hurt if you at least try it. From what I've seen on here and from other people working in facilities such as that, radiology ends up being repeat stuff where you can have lots of templates/autotext/text expanders, etc. You could wind up making a lot of money. As well, you never know when the options of Internet will change in your region where the job could end up at home. If you end up working for peanuts and ends up not being a great job...put your notice in and be done; however, you very well may be giving up a really great opportunity. If it's a small hospital, you will be able to get used to the doctors and this will make a huge difference in your ability to make money making 7.5 per line unlike some of these people who work for hospitals upon hospitals with hundreds of doctors. You will also have coworkers right there to help you pick things up. If it was me, I'd take it at least to try it. Good luck with whatever you decide, but at this point right now A JOB is better than no job and when they are telling you that you will get raises, that is a HUGE one right off the bat when MTs don't get raises anymore!

Internet - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
So what kind of internet do you have at home that keeps the job from coming home?
[ In Reply To ..]
I have Verizon wireless and I have satellite.
So . . . . - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
both of your internet connections are not compatible with the hospital's programs.

I have Verizon wireless and it has been compatible with everything so far.
wireless - curiousgeorge
[ In Reply To ..]
Anon--I know what you mean about Verizon wireless. The hospital believes it is not "secure" and "safe." I believe this is somewhat old-fashioned or outdated thinking, but I'm not sure how to validate this.
curiousgeorge - wireless - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
A professional tech maintains my system and, although it is not wireless, the tech tells me that wireless is indeed safe and secure, and that people who say it is not, do not really understand how things work these days.
Old Pro - curiousgeorge
[ In Reply To ..]
This is what I believe but could not articulate it quite as well as you. Once I get my proverbial foot in the door, I am going to pleasantly try and teach the hospital techs this.
curiousgeorge - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
The next time my tech comes, I will ask him for specifics and, if I can put them on here in a short space, will do it in case it helps you. Good luck in your new venture!

I personally would not do it for that - Jackie

[ In Reply To ..]
I would not do it for that. The in-house hospital position that I have starts at $18 and goes up to $26, with COLA increases as well. We have wonderful benefits, 4 weeks vacation and holiday pay. If you are new to transcription, then it may be ok, but that seems rather low to pay for gas, clothes, etc., to go to work every day.

Pay - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
You are paid by the hour so you have no idea what you could be paid if you were paid by the line, even if it is 7.5 per line. Depending on the work and depending on the raises that come in the future, this hospital job could blow your $18 to $26 out of the water in all reality. It really irks me that everyone on here is telling this person that there is absolutely no way you would work for 7.5 per line. No wonder most of you only make minimum wage when you don't give anything a chance...just pass it off as crap without knowing all the details.

MT - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Um, no, I did make minimum wage. I made $34-36 an hour. And I stand by my advice. The OP is free to make her own choices, of course, but too often MTs sell themselves for too little.
Old Pro - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Old Pro, you as an experienced MT should know that there are many variables to this transcription business. Some dictators better than others, some specialities not as hard as others...the possibility to make money is there regardless of the cents per line. Sure it would be nice if a person could get paid 9, 10, 11 cents per line, but it doesn't happen anymore, so why in the world would you advise someone looking into working at a hospital with benefits not to take the job JUST BECAUSE it is 7.5 per line. Right now that is pretty average, but usually does not come with benefits. You should know that your pay is all based on your effort and motivation to produce, as well as the luck of the draw in getting a great stream of dictators. The OP said it is a small hospital, which leads me to believe that the pool of doctors is going to be fairly small and very easy to be able to make money. Shame on you for advising any different.
MT - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
My, but you are full of SHOULD today. How dare you tell me or any other poster what our opinion SHOULD be? My opinion obviously differs from yours, but I would not presume to tell you how to think or how to post. This is a free forum. I have my opinion, you have yours. I am so sorry that you are uncomfortable that others have a different opinion than you do. Good luck with that.
MT Redux - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
MT, I would like to offer you an apology in public for my previous answer. My answer sounded unkind and catty and I would like to clean that up with you. I just felt like my corns were being stepped on by being shamed and told what my opinion should be. Nonetheless, I reacted out of emotion rather than kindness, and that is really not like me. If you were here, I would offer you a nice cup of coffee and get to know you and I'm betting we could find plenty things upon which we would agree. Anyway, sorry I sounded testy--it was not my intention--and I hope that you have a great day and that the OP is able to sort through all of the opinions and finds something that works well for her. Pax!

Yep, and I do not have to worry about not getting ... - Jackie

[ In Reply To ..]
paid if we sit back and talk for a bit. It is more relaxing. ONly have to do 1000 lines per day. Yep, would much rather work by the hour.

How is that low $$ - 300 lph at 7.5 cpl is $22 an hour

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have a small dictator pool and relatively easy dictators, 300 lph is easily attainable and that's $22.50 an hour. That's right in the range of the position that you are talking about.

I'm with the folks that say try it and see what happens. The worst that can happen is you don't like it and you go back to working at home, but you'll never know until you try and you may regret not trying.

It is low BECAUSE...... - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Presumably the OP does not have any guarantee that her cpl will indeed go up. That is why I advised she get a contract or memorandum of understanding BEFORE accepting it, if she chooses to do so. And I firmly believe that one of the reasons many MTs are paid such lowly wages are that they are so eager to get into the field, they accept them. You know the old saying, "You deserve the kind of treatment you will accept." I have often said to people who wanted me to work for them "You can't afford me." If you have a good product to offer, you need to be paid fairly. IMHO, IF she can get an advance understanding, she could try it. If it does not work, she could leave--after having served a proper professional notice, of course. I hope it works. I just know from experience that many hospitals try to exploit people. I do not want to see that happen to her. I don't want her to be working for them and in five years be stuck at 7.5 cpl. Just think about it, please.
Correction - Old Pro - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I meant to say one of the reasons IS, not ARE. Still dark on this coast and no coffee! :(-

At any rate, good luck to the OP, whichever way she chooses to go.
but the REALITY is - mt2
[ In Reply To ..]
$22/hr with benefits is a GOOD job in today's climate.

With raises once a year (much more than you get from working at home), she will see her rate go up.

This is no longer really about exploitation no matter how much people was to rant that it is. MT rates will NOT go up. They will consistently decrease or stay stagnant based on the evolution of the position.

to the OP- Take the job.
Totally agree with you, mt2 - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I would jump on that offer in a second; plus the hospital benefits are usually much, much better than we get with MTSOs.

I do not disagree with you in many ways - BUT
[ In Reply To ..]
I actually was specifically responding to the person who called this low and then went on to say that her in-house job pays anywhere from 18.50 to 26 an hour - which quite frankly is right in the ball park of 7.5 cpl depending on how good you are.

No one in any industry has any guarantee of wages going up. I have friends who have worked in the hotel business for the same employer for years and one of them just recent got a raise after 3 years.

I don't want to see anyone stuck at the same rate for years, and certainly 7.5 isn't my personal ideal rate, but to just completely dismiss it out of hand based on the rate alone as so many are doing is, in my opinion, short sighted.
Amen - you nailed it with your last paragraph! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I think the full benefits alone would be great. I have a friend who - worked at local hospital, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
that sent their trans dept home and paid by the line. She loved it, but for her PTO pay, she had the top pay and it topped out at $13 something an hour. She would never be able to go higher than that for PTO. Fortunately, they paid overtime and also she got 9.5 cents a line, which helped a great deal. With her line rate and overtime, she was making in the 70s and 80s. She has since retired. I think that if you will get raises and there are benefits, which undoubtedly include retirement, I would take the job. You will not be looking at retirement from any of these MTSO we are all working for. So there are already a few benefits to this job that you are asking about setting aside the line rate which is lower than some work for.

"the job will not come home" some days I wish there were no computer - sitting at my desk, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot tell you how often I wished I could just find a job, go there, come home and not have to think about it. You have to take into consideration many factors for this position and I think only time will tell on whether it was the right decision or not. A lot of MTSOs hiring IC now, so no benefits and the self-employment tax can eat you up at tax time.

some of these MTSOs have 7 cents a line for employee and 8 for IC - no benefits, nm

[ In Reply To ..]

They do not need to eat you up at tax time - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Every MT working IC needs to have one session with a good CPA. Not the person working in H&R Block, not somebody who is a bookkeeper, I am taking a real, live CPA here. It will be the best money you ever invested. He or she can set you up with a plan to pay your quarterlies, and a realistic budget that prevents these hidden surprises at tax time.

No matter who is doing your taxes, the self-employment tax is - entirely the IC responsibility, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
no employer to contribute half. I don't have a CPA, but why spend the money on something you can set up my own plan and pay my quarterly taxes without forking out the money that would take. Investing a little time in research and just paying the taxes is really all it taxes. No hidden surprises at tax time as the self-employment tax is a standard rate.
1/2 of self emply'nt tax employer would pay is write off. - Doesnt cost money to be IC. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Why see a CPA? - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
To make sure you are taking all of the deductions you can legitimately take under the US Tax Code, to work out a business plan in case you want to expand, etc.

I guess it all just comes down to how much you need to make and how - much you think you can type to make it, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Just look on this board. From posts below, you would not be the only transcriptionist making 7.5 cents a line, some are even offering less per line. The only difference is they are at home jobs. Quite often though, they have no benefits. I think the decision would have to be based entirely on what type of income you need and whether that line rate would help you maintain your lifestyle. I wouldn't put aside the retirement that might come with working in house, as you will not get that from working at home jobs. Your investment in this job now might be worthwhile for your future. Many things to consider on this one. I'm sure you will make the right choice based on your situation. Don't let others discourge or encourage, just take heed and base the decision on what you think is right for you.

It all comes down..... - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your voice of reason. Everyone's circumstances are different. The OP can evaluate the various and wildly differing opinions set forth here and, based on her OWN NEEDS, make her OWN DECISION. I totally agree with you that she should not let others encourage or discourage. She can read what each person thinks and they make her own decision.

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow. This thread has been a real eye opener!! After the first few posts, where I learned to change my perspective about the pay rate, I began to focus on something else. The reason I changed my mind about the pay rate was when someone touched on something that happened to me and that is, I made a higher rate, had awful dictators and made much less money. This hospital has less than 40 different dictators (!). I have never worked for such a small account! Imagine actually enjoying transcription!

Now, my real only drawback is the commute and the cost of gas and wear and tear on my vehicle. I'm not whining, I just enjoyed everyone's feedback so much, thought you may help here. Now, I did ask if I could rent space closer to home, and they did not like that idea. My internet is not compatible with theirs. It takes me 40 minutes to travel one way, and it is not a stressful commute.

I have decided to accept the job regardless. The insurance is outstanding. I am mainly taking the job for that. I have been without it for 3 years, and my health isn't worth going without preventative care. I sincerely appreciate everyone's opinion though!!
Good for you, curiousgeorge! - ThreadFollower
[ In Reply To ..]
I, personally, would have taken that job offer also, especially with the hospital benefits (you can't beat 'em).

I hope you have wonderful dictators!

Keep us posted and good luck!
Ditto - Hope it works out well for you. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
curiousgeorge - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
Congratulations to you! It sounds like you have made a well-reasoned, thoughtful decision. I hope that it works out well for you. I am a Californian, so a 40-minute commute is NOTHING. I actually used to commute an hour and a half each way every day! And the insurance sounds like a good thing. Insurance companies are (IMHO) the original extortionists, and if you can get good insurance, more power to you. That is worth a lot right there. Please let us know how it all works out for you. The best of luck to you!

It depends on how much exp you have - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are a newbie, that is not bad. If you have any exp at all, way too low.

Similar Messages:

In-house Job
Oct 14, 2010

I applied for an in-house transcription job in August back at my old pre-MQ hospital.  They decided the work load was too light (they had lost Radiology) and we not going to fill it at that time.  Another position has been vacated and I got a call from a friend that they are definitely filling it this time.  There were only 2 qualified applicants in August.  I am hoping the other person found something great already.  I have my fingers crossed, am nervous, and need ...

Does VR Get Better If Kept In-house?
May 16, 2012

Have any of your hospitals purchased a Nuance VR product that they've used for their in-house transcriptionists?  If so, does the VR quality get better and better since you have a limited number of MTs doing the editing?   It's not my hospital but one I know of that's starting with this new product, so I'm not sure of the exact product name.  I've worked for a huge MTSO where the VR never, ever improved in the 9 months I used it; but with soooo many MTs m ...

IN-HOUSE RATE
Mar 25, 2010

Have not worked in-house in over 10 years.  What is the ongoing rate for in-house transcriptionist in California. ...

In-house Postings
Aug 06, 2010

I wonder why companies post on internet job sites for in-house employees?  Why don't they just advertise locally in their community paper, etc. ...

Transcription House
Aug 18, 2010

Does anyone know good or bad about Transcription House ? ...

In-house Job Not So Secure
Aug 23, 2010

My job could be in jeopardy because we might be merging with another clinic, and there are no other local in-house MT openings. I've been working in a specialty clinic (in-house) the past 5-1/2 years. Even though I have 5 years of acute care/radiology experience and 1 year of multi-specialty clinic, and even though I took the M-TEC course and graduated with 98% about 3 years ago, it doesn't matter because I don't have recent acute care experience. Okay, I can unders ...

In-house Clinic Pay
Nov 16, 2010

I have an interview with a local eye clinic (there are six surgeons).  Just wondering what kind of salary to expect to be offered or ask for (!), having been paid as a remote MT/VR Editor by production for many years and haven't a clue about salaries in clinics any more.  It is not as an IC but as member of their staff, permanent, full-time, 40 hours a week. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA.   ...

What Do In-house MTs Make?
Sep 09, 2011

Hi!  I was wondering if anyone knew what the going rate for a MT is in house (central KY)?  Do they get paid btl or hourly?     ...

House Of The Kidney?
Dec 05, 2011

This is a kidney transplant report, and the doc says: "A 6 x 12 double-J stent was placed within the ureter up into the (s/)l house of the kidney."  I looked up this term, but I can't find it with Google.  Any suggestions? Thanks! :) ...

Got An In-house Interview!
Jan 05, 2013

It's for third shift, which doesn't excite me, but from the second Nuance gave me a Christmas 25% pay cut I've been scouring jobs of all shapes and sizes. Imagine my surprise when I found an in-house job advertised looking for a CMT only. I really hope I get it so I can give Nuance the finger, which they will probably be glad about so they can give what little work I have left to India. I've been through several mergers and it's been relatively painless until the latest ...

Anyone In Houston Need F/T In-house? (sm)
Feb 22, 2014

MD Anderson Cancer Care in Houston, TX has an opening for MT F/T IN-HOUSE, with salary $39,500 to $47,400 ($19.53 to 24.68 per hour).  Oncology and CMT preferred.  Go to indeed dot com (illegal to post link on this forum) and search for "oncology transcriptionist" and it will come up with link to apply.  ...

Please, MTs That Still Have In-house Jobs. Do Know That
May 31, 2014

ANYTHING to make sure a sale goes through. They tell the hospital those lies so the hospitals can sell you down the river with no guilt. But those are lies. Things WILL change. Then your choice will be, is your compensation, in your opinion, adequate for the amount of energy you put into this job. ...

From In-house To Nuance
Jun 21, 2014

So, my in-house clinic job was outsourced to Nuance. We have been promised that we will work only on that clinic after moving to Nuance.  It is a huge clinic with a lot of doctors.   Has anybody gone through this that can tell me if they keep their promise on that -- where you continue to type your original clinic work?  ...

In-house Christmas Bonuses
Dec 08, 2010

I may have to reconsider working in-house as a medical secretary.  My friend is a PA at a local doctor's office.  They all got their Christmas bonuses last week.  All employees no matter how high up on the chain got between $2,000 and $10,000 bonuses.  Can you believe it??  ...

RE: In-house Versus At Home
Aug 01, 2011

I am excited to say that I have a upcoming job interview to work in-house in behavorial health. I am not real pleased to work in-house and will not get the opportunity to work from home which makes me sad. That said, I am looking forward to steady, stable, income along with health insurance, benefits, and being paid per hour. Guess, I just got tired of not being paid on time, working 7 days a week, etc.  My last check was $200.00/2 weeks which makes me sick because how are you supposed ...

In-house Job Prospect, What To Expect?
Sep 01, 2011

I just set up an interview for an in-house job.  Problem is, I've only worked from home, so I'm really not sure what to expect.  It is for a rural hospital district.  My experience is with medium to large multispecialty clinic accounts.  The HM manager said it was transcription, including radiology, as well as acting as assistant to her, which makes me think it might be more clerk work than transcription. I'm wondering if there are any questions I should ask m ...

Sounds Like Emery House
Sep 26, 2011

Patient in hospital, in a code, bradycardic and unconcious; oncology doctor cannot examine he because he is about to begin to have "emery house".   ...

White House Petition
Feb 06, 2013

Please sign this petition, just found it on the White House site and it has a long way to go to get recognized and responded to.   https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/bring-back-all-united-states-medical-record-transcription-be-performed-only-us-us-medical/TJzSQpZq ...

House Delays Vote On ICD-10
Mar 27, 2014

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/house-delays-vote-sgr-icd-10?topic=13%2C29 ...

MT Jobs On Indeed - In House Positions
Jul 08, 2014

In house positions, just go to Indeed and put in Medical Transcription without a location. Locations include Secaucus, NJ; Kalamazoo, MI; Idaho Falls, ID; Teaneck, NJ; Portland, OR; Kansas City, MO; someplace in Wisconsin (didn't say town), Florence, SC; Missoula, MT; and White Plains, NY.   ...

Quest In Marietta In-House Sm
Mar 19, 2015

In house in Marietta and pay is around 15 an hour.  Dang, I am just not ready for that type of interview or ready to drive to Marietta every day, but sure does look like a great opportunity for someone!  I would love to find something like that closer to home.  The interview though - geesh, don't know if my confidence or lack thereof would even pass the mustard.  Lots of competition in this area!! ...

State Of CA Job In-House - Good Job
May 29, 2015

For any of you who live in northern CA.... I'm in Southern, too far for me.  Anyway, good Job State Hospital.  Not a work from home position.  Paste link to find.  Good Luck if interested. Great pension.  Check it out.   http://jobs.spb.ca.gov/wvpos/more_info.cfm?recno=616326 ...

In-house Positions At Labcorp Question...
Nov 03, 2009

Does anyone know any information about the transcription positions at Labcorp? They are in-house.  I have applied and they have called me (still playing phone tag with them).  Just curious if anyone has experienced working with them.  Not sure if I should take the big plunge and start working in-house rather than at home (with MQ for 8 years).  I have been with MQ for my entire transcriptionist career and have never worked in-house, but I'm wondering if it's ti ...

Anyone With Info On Transcription House Out Of Arizona, TIA, Nm
Jan 14, 2011

. ...

Are The Remaining In-house Employers Discriminating
Jul 22, 2011

at home for MTSOs?  Some ads seem to want X-number of years of RECENT on-site MT experience.  Others don't say that, but with so many failed job applications this past year, even for areas that I've specialized in for 20 years, I'm getting no interest, and often no replies at all.  In addition to having more than 20 years' experience, do you think these employers have a problem with work-at-home MTs?  Like maybe they see us as undisciplined, poorly trained ...

ANY HOSPITALS IN THE COUNTRY HIRING IN-HOUSE?
Jan 04, 2012

I was wondering if there are any hospitals that are hiring full-time transcriptionists for in-house transcriptionists -- not MTSO companies -- but actual hospitals or clinics.  I might be willing to relocate.  ...

Las Vegas In-House Radiology Job I Found
May 30, 2012

Radiology Transcriptionist - In House (Las Vegas) from In house radiology transcriptionists, with recent radiology exeperience, needed for large radiology firm in Las Vegas. In house per diem positions available for 24/7 coverage. IN HOUSE ONLY. No work from home positions available at this time. ...

White House Petition Re: Off-shoring
Sep 17, 2013

Check out site below. Signatures needed! https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-sending-our-medical-records-offshore/B8mSk5hN   ...

Why Silent Type Requires An In-house Training?
Jun 20, 2010

Does anybody know why Silent Type requires an in-house training?  Is the platform so complicated that it can't be done through a Webinar or even just on the phone?  I've worked for a few places over the years, and there was nothing that couldn't be handled in a phone call with, at most, some graphics in a Go To Meeting type deal.  I just find it curious and makes me worry, like--if the platform is that cumbersome and complicated, do I want to work for them? Even when I w ...

Advice On In-House Versus Work-At-Home MT
Jul 20, 2010

I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me which is the best way to go.  I've been working as an IC MT at home for almost 2 years now, but I may have an opportunity to work in-house at a local orthopedic clinic.  Which is the best way to go?  Do you come out better "pay wise" working at home or working in-house with bennies?  Any advice from those of you with experience in this setting will be very appreciated.    Tx in advance!  :) ...