A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone with info on Transcription House out of Arizona, TIA, nm - jsyk

Posted: Jan 14, 2011

transcription house - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I applied there last spring, got no response until August. Offered me a position paying 8 cpl IC which I accepted because I was only looking for very part-time hours/lines. I received the contract which stated that if ANY mistakes were made on a report that I would not get paid for transcribing the report, even if it was one mistake on a six page report. I called and verified this with the owner (I think her name is Tammy). I had to generate a bill myself each pay period for Transcription House to give to the account, PLUS I had to have a back-up computer in case mine ever went down. Again, I had to provide all this, plus 100% accuracy 100% of the time for 8 cpl IC. I politely declined the offer.

I have over 22 years experience and don't make many mistakes, but 100% accuracy 100% of the time is just ridiculous in my opinion, especially for 8 cpl.

When I researched them last year, I couldn't find much info good or bad so maybe the above was just for a particular account and not every account.

thanks, I agree, don't think I can be 100% accurate 100% of the time either, sm - jsyk

[ In Reply To ..]
I just noticed a mistake as I was exiting a job, typed he son instead of her son but on the way out of the report, so I could not fix that mistake. I certainly would not be happy if not paid for the report though. Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Absolutely ridiculous. Owner sounds delusional. - n/msg

[ In Reply To ..]

Transcription House - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Speaking as a former MTSO, I must say that it sounds like Transcription House is highly unrealistic in its expectations. I have high standards, too, but I do not/did not expect absolute perfection. It simply does not exist. And I think that the pay for an IC is ridiculous. I hope all MTs turn down this kind of offer.

transcription house - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Again, this was just MY experience with Transcription House and this was what was expected according to the contract I was sent. I don't know if each account has their own contract and whether they are all different. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has seen this contract.

When I called to question it, she didn't seem to find it an unreasonable request. I, too, don't know of anyone who can be perfect 100% of the time.
usually mt contract is with MTSO and rules apply to any acount they throw at you, but - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
that particular clause - sounds like just the loopho to not have to pay you whenever the MTSOho gets the notion.

Pays to read every word.

I'm surprised this is such a rare occurrence - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
A company in Canada offered me a contract with a clause that stated if the report didn't meet their quality criteria, they wouldn't pay for any reports done. They didn't tell you what the guidelines were, but in email I was told even one mistake could be considered breach of guidelines. Ironically, the contract had typos in it!

I worked for a small Boston-area MTSO which did not have this specifically in the contract, but the office manager would call you and literally scream at you for every single error. These were minor errors and things that weren't really errors at all, like changing q.d. to daily.

Since these 2 places comprise half of the places I've dealt with in my MT career, I always thought the "100% accurate" thing was pretty common. I am shocked that it's not.

I have never heard of it in my 13 years of IC - SwingAwayMerrill

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never been not paid or even docked for errors. That's ridic.
Love Your Screen Name !! Fab Movie! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]

NM

What you might have done - ICMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Since you were an INDEPENDENT contractor, is alter the contract to suit YOUR needs. I've crossed out things on many contracts handed to me by MTSOs if they are treating me as an IC.

And billing them is what you should be doing to EVERY MTSO that you are an IC for.

I'd have changed the percentage of mistakes to an acceptable percentage or changed the not paid for the report to minus xx lines or something you were comfortable with. And as an IC you are often asked to back up work. You *could* have put the work on a CD daily or sent it all as a separate zip file to the MTSO for them to back up.

I have no actual experience with this service but you do need to gin up your IC-ness.

Similar Messages:

Transcription House
Aug 18, 2010

Does anyone know good or bad about Transcription House ? ...

MTs Working In Arizona............
Feb 05, 2011

Can you tell me if MTSOs have problems with hiring AZ employees in the way that they apparently do employees in CA (bc of their strict labor laws, taxes, etc).  No state can possibly be as bad as California.  I understand MTSOs are now thinking twice about hiring anyone in CA.  I guess I don't blame them.  But is it the same in Arizona?  ...

PMT ARIZONA - Good, Bad, Ugly?
Nov 28, 2009

Does anyone know anything about PMT, Inc. in ARIZONA (or whatever else they are known by)?  ''Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, PMT began operation in 1980 as MEDIPHONE and in 1986 changed its name to PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION. In 2001 the name was shortened to PMT INC.'' Do they pay on time? Are line counts fair? Hard to work with/for (overly picky)? Flexible? Etc. ...

Can Anybody Tell Me The Good, Bad And Ugly On TSI Systems, Inc Out Of Arizona?
Sep 17, 2014

I was thinking about sending a resume sinc they hire employee status, but wanted to know how they were to work for, pay, etc. ...

"centralized" Transcription - In House?
May 29, 2014

Does centralized mean all the work filters through one office or is done in one office?  Did not specify work at home or otherwise. ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

OSi Transcription?? Anyone Have Info?
Jan 14, 2010

Does anyone have any experience/info abotu OSi? It seems like they do a TON of hiring and i'm not sure that it's a good thing. I'm a new MT and want to start out right. Thanks! ...

CLK Transcription Any Info?
Nov 12, 2010

Any info on this company?  I have heard from them and she is rather up front about her workload, etc., but I would like to know if anyone has worked for this company.  The last time I posted about a company, someone said "look elsewhere" and I didn't listen and I should have.  I am now looking elsewhere.  If you want to e-mail me that is fine as well.  Thanks in advance.    ...

Any New Info Regarding Transcription Plus LLC
Dec 31, 2010

I did a search on transcription plus LLC and didn't see much but was wondering if anyone currently works for them and has any positive or negative things to say about this company.  I am considering taking a position with them.    TIA ...

Looking For CLK Transcription Info
Sep 07, 2011

I've looked through the archives, have a couple questions on what I couldn't find... Anyone know what the average TAT is? How's the work, steady/intermittent/rare? Anything else I need to know that you think is important? ...

KJ&M Transcription, Inc Any Info?nm
Jan 10, 2012

x ...

360 Transcription - Any Info
Aug 25, 2013

Any info on this company.  Pay, etc.?  They have 2 very long tests.  It is a waste of my time if they pay bum wages and are a bum company.  Any info would help.  TIA. ...

Any Info On CC Transcription? Sm
Oct 07, 2014

They're looking for ortho help.  But, they have 6 dislikes on the post. ...

Any Info On United Transcription Out Of NC?
Nov 29, 2009

Hi.  Was hoping that someone could give me some information regarding United Transcription out of North Carolina??  Any details would be very much appreciated  ...

Transcription South - Any Info?
Dec 04, 2009

I have searched the archives and I don't find anything on this company.  Can anyone help?  Thanks! ...

Any Info On Advance Transcription?
Dec 28, 2009

nm ...

Anyone With Info On Hands On Transcription?
Jan 04, 2010

nm ...

Hands-On Transcription Info....sm
Jan 07, 2010

Hi - any info on this company?  I checked the archives, but info is mostly from a few years ago and vague.  Feel free to e-mail me.  TIA! ...

Letni Transcription - Any Info?
Jan 13, 2010

I have been contacted to test for an entry level position by Letni Transcription.  Does anyone have any information about this company? ...

Info On Medscribe Transcription?
Jan 20, 2010

Anyone Info. On E-transcription Group?
Mar 09, 2010

nm ...

Transcription Matchmaker An Info?
May 04, 2010

Anybody know anything about this company. I seems to be an employment agency for MTs and other medical record related jobs.  Their website says no fee to job seekers. ...

Hils Transcription - Any Info?
May 25, 2010

Anybody have info on this company? ...

Any Info On New Line Transcription
May 31, 2010

Would appreciate any info on this company. Thanks. ...

ANP Transcription - Info On This Company?
Jul 28, 2010

Anybody have info on this company?  I took sample test, a verbatim lecture.  Wondering about quality of company. ...

Info On Chronicle Transcription?
Aug 18, 2010

Does anyone have any info on Chronicle Transcription? They are asking me to take a test.  Also how are their tests? ...

ALPHA Transcription - Any Info?
Sep 20, 2010

Does anyone have information on this company?   Thanks! ...

DIT - Recent Info On DIT Transcription?
Sep 21, 2010

Does anyone have any recent info on DIT Transcription?  Do you know if they are still in business? ...

The Transcription Doctor - Any Info?
Oct 24, 2010

Hi everyone!  Can anyone tell me about The transcription doctors company?  Do they pay on time?  Do they do direct deposit? Thanks ...