A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MT Jobs on Indeed - in house positions - Lisa Butler

Posted: Jul 08, 2014

In house positions, just go to Indeed and put in Medical Transcription without a location. Locations include Secaucus, NJ; Kalamazoo, MI; Idaho Falls, ID; Teaneck, NJ; Portland, OR; Kansas City, MO; someplace in Wisconsin (didn't say town), Florence, SC; Missoula, MT; and White Plains, NY.  

yes, they are all over, even for radiology. Plenty of places - still hiring in-house. just

[ In Reply To ..]
keep watch for employment agency ads. some of those are for agencies and might not necessarily still be open positions.

Sometimes... - Outside looking in

[ In Reply To ..]
Those are temp part-time or temp full-time. Some places bring on extra staff to help them get caught up prior to outsourcing or converting to EHR. One thing about working on site, it gives a person access to other on-site jobs. I agree, some of those are agencies and some of those openings have been there for a long time. If you have names of facilities, it is better to go to the facility job board and confirm that there is actually a position open and then apply via the company website.

That happened to me last year. I hired on at - an inhouse job that I thought was

[ In Reply To ..]
going to last a few years, at the very least. Unfortunately, I and another new employee were only hired to get them caught up, and to help train the new VR/EMR system they got. Within a few months, we were tossed out like worthless garbage.

I truly believe that no MT job, whether at home or inhouse, is worth even applying for anymore.
well, now that may be true for you but depends on the MTs - situation. I for one -
[ In Reply To ..]
would love to retire, plunk some money down on a small motorhome, and work my way around. Gives me the chance to check out cost of livings in other cities and see where I feel comfortable, happy enough to stop and let nature have its way with me.

Similar Messages:

In-house Positions At Labcorp Question...
Nov 03, 2009

Does anyone know any information about the transcription positions at Labcorp? They are in-house.  I have applied and they have called me (still playing phone tag with them).  Just curious if anyone has experienced working with them.  Not sure if I should take the big plunge and start working in-house rather than at home (with MQ for 8 years).  I have been with MQ for my entire transcriptionist career and have never worked in-house, but I'm wondering if it's ti ...

On Job Searching, Seeing Lots Of Positions For MT/scribe, In House. Might Be Something
Apr 20, 2013

x ...

Please, MTs That Still Have In-house Jobs. Do Know That
May 31, 2014

ANYTHING to make sure a sale goes through. They tell the hospital those lies so the hospitals can sell you down the river with no guilt. But those are lies. Things WILL change. Then your choice will be, is your compensation, in your opinion, adequate for the amount of energy you put into this job. ...

Petition To White House To Stop Off-shoring Jobs . . .
Nov 15, 2012

Please take a look at the petition I've started on the White House "We the People" website. We need 250 signatures for it to go lived, and then 25,000 within 30 days to force the administration to review it and respond. It is here http://wh.gov/XbqE It may not help, but I think it's worth a shot. Thanks! ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

In-house Job
Oct 14, 2010

I applied for an in-house transcription job in August back at my old pre-MQ hospital.  They decided the work load was too light (they had lost Radiology) and we not going to fill it at that time.  Another position has been vacated and I got a call from a friend that they are definitely filling it this time.  There were only 2 qualified applicants in August.  I am hoping the other person found something great already.  I have my fingers crossed, am nervous, and need ...

In-house Pay?
Nov 09, 2011

I really have no idea if this is fair compensation or not, but I am looking at a job that is an in-house MT job, a 45-minute one-way commute, with full benefits, and the pay is 0.075 cpl.  The job will not come home, and the pay will only increase every year. Any opinions? ...

Does VR Get Better If Kept In-house?
May 16, 2012

Have any of your hospitals purchased a Nuance VR product that they've used for their in-house transcriptionists?  If so, does the VR quality get better and better since you have a limited number of MTs doing the editing?   It's not my hospital but one I know of that's starting with this new product, so I'm not sure of the exact product name.  I've worked for a huge MTSO where the VR never, ever improved in the 9 months I used it; but with soooo many MTs m ...

IN-HOUSE RATE
Mar 25, 2010

Have not worked in-house in over 10 years.  What is the ongoing rate for in-house transcriptionist in California. ...

In-house Postings
Aug 06, 2010

I wonder why companies post on internet job sites for in-house employees?  Why don't they just advertise locally in their community paper, etc. ...

Transcription House
Aug 18, 2010

Does anyone know good or bad about Transcription House ? ...

In-house Job Not So Secure
Aug 23, 2010

My job could be in jeopardy because we might be merging with another clinic, and there are no other local in-house MT openings. I've been working in a specialty clinic (in-house) the past 5-1/2 years. Even though I have 5 years of acute care/radiology experience and 1 year of multi-specialty clinic, and even though I took the M-TEC course and graduated with 98% about 3 years ago, it doesn't matter because I don't have recent acute care experience. Okay, I can unders ...

In-house Clinic Pay
Nov 16, 2010

I have an interview with a local eye clinic (there are six surgeons).  Just wondering what kind of salary to expect to be offered or ask for (!), having been paid as a remote MT/VR Editor by production for many years and haven't a clue about salaries in clinics any more.  It is not as an IC but as member of their staff, permanent, full-time, 40 hours a week. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA.   ...

What Do In-house MTs Make?
Sep 09, 2011

Hi!  I was wondering if anyone knew what the going rate for a MT is in house (central KY)?  Do they get paid btl or hourly?     ...

House Of The Kidney?
Dec 05, 2011

This is a kidney transplant report, and the doc says: "A 6 x 12 double-J stent was placed within the ureter up into the (s/)l house of the kidney."  I looked up this term, but I can't find it with Google.  Any suggestions? Thanks! :) ...

Got An In-house Interview!
Jan 05, 2013

It's for third shift, which doesn't excite me, but from the second Nuance gave me a Christmas 25% pay cut I've been scouring jobs of all shapes and sizes. Imagine my surprise when I found an in-house job advertised looking for a CMT only. I really hope I get it so I can give Nuance the finger, which they will probably be glad about so they can give what little work I have left to India. I've been through several mergers and it's been relatively painless until the latest ...

Anyone In Houston Need F/T In-house? (sm)
Feb 22, 2014

MD Anderson Cancer Care in Houston, TX has an opening for MT F/T IN-HOUSE, with salary $39,500 to $47,400 ($19.53 to 24.68 per hour).  Oncology and CMT preferred.  Go to indeed dot com (illegal to post link on this forum) and search for "oncology transcriptionist" and it will come up with link to apply.  ...

From In-house To Nuance
Jun 21, 2014

So, my in-house clinic job was outsourced to Nuance. We have been promised that we will work only on that clinic after moving to Nuance.  It is a huge clinic with a lot of doctors.   Has anybody gone through this that can tell me if they keep their promise on that -- where you continue to type your original clinic work?  ...

Positions Plus
Sep 13, 2011

Holy cow! it is like someone let open the flood gates.  There are so many positions on line for medical transcriptionists!  I have never seen anything like it.  I went on indeed.com and applied.  Check it out. ...

PT Positions
Sep 19, 2012

Hi All -- I am interested in a very part-time, 10-15 hour position.  Anyone know of any companies that will touch this?  Willing to work weekends/nights....Thanks in advance. ...

QC Positions??
Jul 17, 2013

Can anyone tell me what rates/additional benefits etc. QC are offered over MLS? ...

In-house Christmas Bonuses
Dec 08, 2010

I may have to reconsider working in-house as a medical secretary.  My friend is a PA at a local doctor's office.  They all got their Christmas bonuses last week.  All employees no matter how high up on the chain got between $2,000 and $10,000 bonuses.  Can you believe it??  ...

RE: In-house Versus At Home
Aug 01, 2011

I am excited to say that I have a upcoming job interview to work in-house in behavorial health. I am not real pleased to work in-house and will not get the opportunity to work from home which makes me sad. That said, I am looking forward to steady, stable, income along with health insurance, benefits, and being paid per hour. Guess, I just got tired of not being paid on time, working 7 days a week, etc.  My last check was $200.00/2 weeks which makes me sick because how are you supposed ...

In-house Job Prospect, What To Expect?
Sep 01, 2011

I just set up an interview for an in-house job.  Problem is, I've only worked from home, so I'm really not sure what to expect.  It is for a rural hospital district.  My experience is with medium to large multispecialty clinic accounts.  The HM manager said it was transcription, including radiology, as well as acting as assistant to her, which makes me think it might be more clerk work than transcription. I'm wondering if there are any questions I should ask m ...

Sounds Like Emery House
Sep 26, 2011

Patient in hospital, in a code, bradycardic and unconcious; oncology doctor cannot examine he because he is about to begin to have "emery house".   ...

White House Petition
Feb 06, 2013

Please sign this petition, just found it on the White House site and it has a long way to go to get recognized and responded to.   https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/bring-back-all-united-states-medical-record-transcription-be-performed-only-us-us-medical/TJzSQpZq ...

House Delays Vote On ICD-10
Mar 27, 2014

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/house-delays-vote-sgr-icd-10?topic=13%2C29 ...

Quest In Marietta In-House Sm
Mar 19, 2015

In house in Marietta and pay is around 15 an hour.  Dang, I am just not ready for that type of interview or ready to drive to Marietta every day, but sure does look like a great opportunity for someone!  I would love to find something like that closer to home.  The interview though - geesh, don't know if my confidence or lack thereof would even pass the mustard.  Lots of competition in this area!! ...

State Of CA Job In-House - Good Job
May 29, 2015

For any of you who live in northern CA.... I'm in Southern, too far for me.  Anyway, good Job State Hospital.  Not a work from home position.  Paste link to find.  Good Luck if interested. Great pension.  Check it out.   http://jobs.spb.ca.gov/wvpos/more_info.cfm?recno=616326 ...

CTL Positions Being Eliminated?
Nov 05, 2009

Heard a rumor that the CTL positions are being eliminated around the 15th.   Perhaps this is a question you should ask your CCMs/area directors?   Not sure if it is true but when asked specifically, it was not denied but there is something brewing around the 15th.   Seems like all CTLs will be moved to the MME positions and the CCMs will assume the CTL duties.  Sounds like another shake up at the Q which always happens around the holidays.  Wonder if ...