A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Another ad posted by FutureNet - anon

Posted: Apr 14, 2014

FN has again posted an ad for editors/speech rec people to work on M-Modal.  It appears that people are leaving due to this platform.  FN does not appear to have acquired new accounts.  See post below about the M-Modal platform and this company. 

This used to be a good company to work for.  It's the platform that is just terrible and impossible to make a living wage when using it.  Your mileage may vary. 

FN pay is ridiculously low. nm - Ghost

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

FutureNet - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
Nobody can make a living on this M-Modal platform, and FutureNet does not care about their transcriptionists. Don't waste your time testing and training for a job that ends up paying less than $5 an hour.

FN - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They can say all they want about competitive rates in their ad but the reality is you CANNOT earn over $5.00 per hour once you are in the MModal platform. It is absolutely horrible. There is no short-cut program unless you purchase one and hope it works within MModal. Most of the reports require retyping, not just editing, and you do NOT get paid the full line rate for having to retype, you still just get half of what you sign on for at regular typing. They have also just announced to the MTs/MEs that they will be moving the majority of the work on one of their major accounts to MModal which is staggering as there has been very little moved to MModal from that particular account and they are constantly sending out threatening nasty grams to everyone to "do your share". Interesting that we should be asked to "do your share" and lose money when no one in management is losing any money from their paycheck. Unless you are absolutely desperate, stay clear of FN. See other discussion below in this site regarding FN.

FN - oldFNMT

[ In Reply To ..]
The sad part is that this company used to pay great. I worked for them years ago and they just recently contacted me, now I am afraid to call them back after reading these posts!

FutureNet - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't waste your time. You can make $5 an hour anywhere. That is not even minimum wage.

FN contact - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
That is pretty telling - calling former MTs?? They must really be hurting for help. Not to say you were a bad MT/ME but that sure says a lot to have them calling former MTs. I believe they are trying to oust what is left of the work force and replace them with whoever will take less than minimum wage equivalent.

Just horrible these days - UnhappyMT/ME

[ In Reply To ..]
This M-Modal system is just totally crap. I understand that people have left the company. Others are voicing their concerns about the program in deaf ears, of course. I cannot find anyone who is happy with loosing money working on M-Modal. The training person and others at the company do not even have a full blown version of a manual for the program. The instructions for function keys are minimal. There's a lot of using the mouse which is not the correct way to do voice recognition at all.

Similar Messages:

Futurenet Group Vs Futurenet Technologies
Jul 15, 2011

FutureNet Technologies is based out of California.  Futurenet Group is separate and apart from but using a similar name.  Be aware and do your homework people. ...

Futurenet Group/FutureNet
Jun 09, 2010

Is the ad for Futurenet Group the same company as FutureNet?  ...

Not Sure If This Has Been Posted Here Or Not,
Dec 23, 2009

I thought this was a really cute and interesting way to raise money for breast cancer awareness.  Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland, Oregon made this video to help raise funds and it looks like they had such a fun time doing it.  And they even included all different departments of the hospital.  It brightened up my morning a little and made me smile, and I wanted to share with you.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEdVfyt-mLw   ...

I Posted This Below Also.
Jan 23, 2013

Just to try to help any exasperated MTs out that are hesitant to leave the house for the work field.  My stepson has a REAL at-home job and he loves it.  He works for a company called New Corp, you can Google that.  He works a real 40-hour per week schedule, although you can opt for part-time if you need to supplement MT income.  He answers calls and troubleshoots for Direct TV.  He also gets the full Direct TV package for free as a benefit of the job.  When he answ ...

To Moderator: I'm The One Who Posted The
Dec 12, 2009

question below about how to remove a word from spell check.  Just wondering why it was moved to the technical board....I need to know specifically how to do this in Docuscribe, which is a MQ program.  I guess I should have been more specific.  :) ...

Okay, It Has Been Months Since Anything Was Posted, So I Have To Ask (sm)
Jan 18, 2010

Is there anyone out there currently employed with Cardioscribes?  I realize that there is some India association but at this point I am so desperate for a job I would take any kind of association with it if they were to offer.  If you are employed with Cardioscribes would you either please email me or just give me some insight on the company before I apply?  Platform, pay, benefits, schedule, strictness of the schedules, etc., the usual and anything that you can think of.  ...

To The MT Who Posted About Serviss
May 10, 2010

I worked for this woman as did at least two others I know of.  I am so sorry you gotted tricked by her.  She has been doing this sort of thing for a long time.  For the longest any post that was posted about her would get deleted, therefore you could not really find out what was going on with her.  She has a hablt of using people then making excuses like telling you she is moving, and she is going through a divorce, etc...  She owed me and two others money for quite some ...

I Posted My Resume.......
Sep 29, 2010

.......and I keep getting emails asking what my specialties are. I posted all that and it's also in my resume. Makes me wonder if anyone actually reads a resume. ...

The Psych Ad Is Posted Again
Oct 31, 2010

Looks like the psych position is open....? ...

Just Posted My Ad On MT Stars
Apr 27, 2011

Just posted my job wanted ad on this board.  Am just wondering if the people that posted their ad got responses rather than answering all the ads. ...

Someone Posted Below That You Now Have To Pass The RMT To Even Take The CMT?
Sep 20, 2011

Is this really true?  I was already on the fence about it....I despise ADHI but at the same time realize having CMT could possibly help find a job and sometimes (rarely) get a CMT diff.  Not to mention the test cost $300 whether you pass or not.  So now you have to pay to pass the RMT?  This can't be true.  I mean, if you can pass the CMT you should be able to pass the RMT w/o having to PAY for it.  ...

I Posted Last Night About New Job
Jul 19, 2012

First of all, I apologize for coming across as "gloating."  I really didn't mean to do that.  I have been working sporadically since February, for a few of the companies that have been mentionned on the company board, and i have posted my experiences with them, U-Scribe being one, Inscribe being one and Mediscribes being another to name a few examples.   I am technically "homeless, having lived in a motel since I relocated, but thanks to friends and family, I h ...

I Posted Not Long Ago About Even With All My
Sep 20, 2012

personal issues, I am going back to school.  Well, I had a job interview for an inhouse position that is perfect for me and I think I got the job!!!  I am just so excited!!  The bennies are awesome to say the least.  I never thought I would be able to work inhouse again since I live in such a rural community.  I just stayed persistent and I pray I got it!  I need it so much! ...

Seen Posted Here Before That It Is Illegal To Pay Someone PTO
Apr 23, 2013

are paid on production.  Does anybody here know anything about this?  We have shown them they cant make us lie on timesheets, they have to pay at least minimum wage.  Now can we show them they have to calculate our PTO in a more fair fashion?  ...

Posted By CuriousMT
Dec 06, 2013

on the Nuance board.  It is funny, yet fairly accurate. Dear Aunt Rose Comma Thank You for the Speech Recognition Software Exclamation Point. BY Eric K. Auld Dear Aunt Rose comma thank you for the speech recognition software exclamation point. This is my first time using it comma but I think I’ve got the hang of it. How’s Uncle Bernie. No. Wait. Backspace. BACKSPACE. Question mark. Huhhhh. Enter. How are you question mark. I’m all right. Had another big sale at the office ...

Job Posted On MTDY
Mar 26, 2014

it is the 2nd or 3rd posting from the top. Initials of the company is YL. can anyone check it out and let me know what you think tnx. ...

Anyone Applied To A Posted
Apr 29, 2014

and actually received any sort of reply?  This drives me crazy. I feel like my internet wires are clogged and my applications are not making it past the wall of my room.     ...

Why Do Some Jobs Get Posted And Then All
Aug 06, 2014

of sudden disappear?  I see some jobs just have a line through them and are to be removed in short time but some have posted for a very short time then disappear and they look like legitimate positions. ...

Okay Now I KNOW I Have Posted TWO Messages
Nov 13, 2014

and both have disappeared!  I want to know WHY!!!! ...

Here's A Reply I Posted........
Jan 25, 2015

.....entitled "Tell us about your stressful job."  I'm sure it won't help our cause, but BOY DID IT MAKE ME FEEL GOOD!: Do some research on medical transcription! It used to be a very respected position, and we were paid a decent wage. Nowadays, with pressure from government to cut costs or lose reimbursement, most facilities have dismissed their transcriptionists and have outsourced to transcription companies that pay transcriptionists a fraction of what we made working for fac ...

I Never See Hourly QA Jobs Posted
Dec 15, 2009

I am seeking an hourly QA position, but never see openings for anything other than line pay.  Where should I be looking for these positions?  ...

Posted On Word Help But Posting Here As Well
Jan 23, 2010

By no means am I trying to put anyone down in this profession, new or old; however, MANY years ago, PHONICS were taught in the schools, which was a form of English/spelling  -- for example, if the word had an "F" sound to it it might be "PH" or some other form of spelling  -- for example "frenulum" you hear the word and it might be spelled "phrenulum"  does it fit in a "medical context?"  This also comes into play with having the "proper tools" in place  -- I have always ...

Anyone Posted Resume With Success
Mar 15, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has ever posted their resume on this site under resumes where you have to log in and successfully been offered a "decent" job on here.  You can list how much per line you are looking for.  Would love to get back to over 12 cents again after recent paycut.....pretty sure that is an impossible dream at this point!  Hate to list a resume and be contacted by companies that pay so low or are not even legit.  Just wondered how many have ...

Why Cant I Delete My Posted Messages
Jun 28, 2010

Just wondering. ...

MRI Job Posted By Linda Rr.com Is Not A Company?
Aug 31, 2010

http://forum.mtstars.com/263430.html   Does anyone or a moderator have any information on this place or company?  Well it does not seem to be a company.  Thanks ...

Resume Posted...question
May 05, 2011

Hi everyone! I'm new here. So, I have been working for the same hospital for approx 9 years. I was just informed that they are switching to VR in 2 weeks. So, I'm currently looking for a new job.  I posted my resume this morning and I have also applied several places.  For those who have posted resumes...how long has it taken for job offers, responses, etc? Any tips or help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Ad Posted By Med-Scribe BEWARE
Mar 05, 2012

Beware of that ad posted by Med-Scribe about 5% bonus for doing nothing.  If you signed a confidential agreement or any sort of noncompete with your employer whether an IC or employee you can be held liable for sharing company/client information.  Proceed with caution.  Just my 2 cents. ...

Another Ad On This Site Posted Yesterday
Mar 28, 2012

There is another ad stating they supply equipment, posted yesterday. No way would I be spending money to upgrade my Word software or memory if they are still advertising they provide equipment. Just click on the job seekers board and you'll see. Last week they may have run out of equipment for the "30 positions", but what about this week? I would be asking them about that before I spend my money. ...

I'm Starting To Wonder About The Jobs Posted
Apr 18, 2012

on these internet sites.  I keep applying and never hear anything but a canned response at most thanking me for my interest in their company.  I have 13 YEARS EXPERIENCE!!!!  What am I doing wrong? I'm starting to get discouraged and am seriously thinking of a career change, but don't know where to go.  Anyone else with lots of experience having problems finding work? ...

So By The Number Of Dislikes Already Posted, Does That Mean
Aug 21, 2012

that Happy Transcriptions and USA MedTran are one and the same? ...