A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Having such a hard time finding employment - got a question

Posted: Aug 22, 2011

Kicking myself for not having any acute care experience, big time.   11 years experience in other areas and I can't seem to make any headway. 

Anyway, if you test for a position that states immediately hiring, how long should you wait before inquiring about how you did and/or when they are making any decisions?  A week? More?  It has been about 1/2 a week.  I just wondered.  I know they probably had a lot of tests to go through...but when they say immediate, it sounds like it should be fairly quick.  Thanks for any input.

Immediately to me means less than a week - Happy MT Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
I know when I've applied for jobs in the past that said hiring immediately, I got a response within a couple of days. I would say if you haven't heard from them in 2 to 3 days, follow up with them.

Similar Messages:

Hard Time Finding A Job As An MT
Sep 29, 2010

Hi everyone my name is Amanda and I am a recent MT graduate.  I have been completing application after application and I either get an email saying that they are looking for 2 or more years experience, they are not currently hiring, or no response at all.  I was just wondering if anyone could offer any advice as to how to go about getting a foot in the door.  I am getting really discouraged and this process is so grueling!! ...

Having Hard Time Finding A Job As An MT
Sep 29, 2010

Hi everyone my name is Amanda and I have recently completed a MT course.  I am finding it very difficult to find work...I have completed several applications and keep getting emails that say they are looking for more experience, they are not currently hiring, or I get no response at all. I am just looking for some advice from anyone if they have any suggestions about getting into a job. This process is very grueling! ...

Having A Hard Time Finding Clients
Apr 02, 2010

I have been a MT for three years.  I have been working for somebody else and have recently decided to start up my own business.  I have sent out over 200 letters/business cards to area doctors and thought for sure it would produce a better return.  I was just wondering if anybody has any advice.  I'm trying not to get discouraged and I just keep plugging along but I'm open to any and all thoughts.  Thanks in advance! ...

Finding It Hard To
Jan 17, 2012

sit at a keyboard for 8 hrs a day everyday.  Guess I'm just getting old.  Wish I could find part-time work.  Does anyone know of any good companies that will allow part-time (20-25 hrs)? Doesn't seem to be very many out there.  TIA. ...

Desperate Need Of Part-time Employment
Jan 07, 2014

I am looking for something part time, like 15 hours a week. If anybody can message me and let me know of what companies can get me tested and hired soon, that would be great. Also, it is a definite to avoid companies with issues, especially those who don't pay. I know, all companies have issues. I work part-time as a teacher's aide and really thought they would have me full time by now. Well, they don't and I'm getting in a hole I can't climb out of without a second job. ...

Finding Full-time Work
Aug 06, 2010

I am frustrated and probably should not even post this - but I have been out of school for 4 years now.  I landed a job before school was done with a PT/OT clinic full-time.  I had wanted to get experience typing hospital records, but have not been able to find work locally and when I apply online I am told I have no experience, even if I pass their tests, I am not given a job.  I went into this field because my instructors told me I would have no problem finding work in any area ...

If You Are Having A Hard Time This Christmas
Dec 25, 2012

Dolly Parton - Hard Candy Christmas w/Lyrics - YouTube ...

I'm Having A REALLY Hard Time Believing
Dec 27, 2014

There are these 3 horrible ESLs, and I mean HORRIBLE--I cannot believe they are even allowed to dictate they are so all over place, mispronouncing every third word-- but my question is WHY, out of all the other fairly good dictators I do on a regular basis, are THESE 3 constantly being audited.  If I really believed it was random, (and I just can't) I would have less of a problem with this whole Fiesa thing.  But WHERE are the audits on the reports by the GREAT dictators?&nbs ...

Any Other WMXers Having A Hard Time Concentrating?
May 05, 2011

I used to be a high producer. Now I just don't care. I dread having to start work everyday.  They have completely squelched my spirit and have sucked the life out of me. Now I'm just praying for a miracle so I can get them out of my life. They don't deserve me. ...

Least Number Of Hours You Can Work Part-time With Employment Status
Jan 04, 2010

Hi.. I was wondering, what is the least number of hours you can work part-time with employment status. Thanks! ...

Still Can't Get Into MQ Mail And Having Hard Time Getting Into The Website At All After I Sign
Jun 24, 2010

nm ...

Fragment Versus Complete...having A Hard Time!
Oct 26, 2010

Cut made with a 15 blade into deep tissue. Is this fragment or complete? I am so confused. I would want to add a "was," but does it not having a "was" or "is" make it incomplete? I have been researching grammar, but I know sometimes medical fragment sentences tend to be acceptable. ...

Having A Hard Time Making Line Count
Nov 04, 2013

After being switched  every couple of months to new accounts I am now having trouble making any lines. Lately I have been wondering if they have changed how they count lines.  Also I am on an account that is done in the UK which means 100 percent ESLs and zero normals.  Anybody else struggle? ...

Having Hard Time Hearing Doctor On Voice Files
Nov 04, 2010

I wanted to know some pointers to get ahead with understanding a doctor's dictation in certain parts of a voice file. I am having a hard time even though I have been doing MT work for over a year. Any suggestions would really help.   Thanks ...

Alliance Health Documentation Hard Time Making Their Line Count Lately?
Jun 23, 2015

Anybody having a hard time making their line count lately? ...

Advice For Increasing Productivity In VR Editing? I Have A Hard Time Matching What I Made Typing.
Mar 08, 2012

Thanks for sharing ...

At-will Employment
Aug 16, 2011

If your employment with an MTSO is "at will," doesn't that apply to BOTH you and them? The legal meaning of "at-will employment" is as follows: "A common-law rule that an employment contract of indefinite duration can be terminated by either the employer or the employee at any time for any reason; also known as terminable at will." So, given this legal rule, why are we deemed ineligible for rehire when we leave an MTSO without what they perceive as fair notice? ...

Need Employment Help PLEASE
Nov 18, 2011

I need some help.  I recently became a single mom....and then lost my previous job due to taking some time off to gain custody of my niece due to an abuse situation she was in.  So now I am a single mom of 2 children.  After 2 months I finally found a job but not doing transcription.  I am not making it financially with what I am doing now, especially adding the cost of gas driving 30 minutes each way back and forth to work.  SOOOO.....I am in desperate need of some help ...

PRN Employment
Apr 15, 2012

Are there any "reputable" companies offering prn transcription opportunities any more?  I am finding myself with times where my workflow is slow and would love to have a backup, but I also dont want to commit to more than I can handle.  Would appreciate some suggestion/feedback.    ...

Looking For Employment
Jun 24, 2014

Hello, I am currently looking for employment in either In-House transcription near Spring Hill, Florida or employment with a company that will provide the computer and equipment needed. Any information is appreciated. Thank you, Kathy ...

Ekg Finding
Nov 22, 2009

EkG shows subacute S/L semi versus pericarditis. ...

Help Finding Gel Name
Apr 25, 2010

This is for a 7-yo with a chin laceration. Wound was anesthetized with s/l "lead" gel. Or could be bled gel, black gel-not clear at all.   Can anyone help here? ...

Finding A Job
Aug 11, 2010

I am getting ready to graduate from Penn Foster in the Medical Transcription program. I was real exited about this at first, but I am hearing that it is not easy to find a job. Does anyone know of a transcription company that hires newbies?                                                                      Jenny ...

Employment Status Changes
Dec 06, 2009

For anyone who has changed from full-time to part-time status, have you still been able to get time off when needed, and what exactly is meant by flexible part time (flexible for whom)?  With all the recent changes, I am finding it necessary to begin heading in another direction. ...

Considering Employment With Medquist
Oct 05, 2010

I took a test for Medquist three months ago and was told I didni't pass, even when I know I had to have.  I got a call this afternoon from someone in HR about wanting me to please take the test again.  Is this company worth working for?   I've looked online and some people are posting that they are only making $7-9 an hour?  Any help with this would be sincerely appreciated.  Thank you! ...

Considering Employment With Amphion
Jan 05, 2011

I am considering employment with Amphion.  I've heard it's a great company to work for. Does anyone have any feedback regarding Amphion that they'd be willing to share? Thanks - Joyce ...

Healthcare Employment
Jan 16, 2011

Has anyone else answered ads for them.  You do a really EASY test. They offer to train you for free..  then send you emails... basically to schedule a job interview.  You text them.  They send you this agreement, which says that in order to work for them you need to plunk out $450 to buy their software.. This does not quite seem on the level to me.. I have been working in this industry going on 20 years.  I work in house right now..  but job situation is precariou ...

Trying To Gain Employment
Aug 17, 2011

I graduated from Kaplan University last July and I have still not been able to find employment in medical transcription. I have even tried to get my foot in the door as far as working as a medical receptionist, secretary and in medical records to no avail. Is there any advice that you seasoned MTs can give me? Any and all advice would be greately appreciated.   Thanks, Keasha :) ...

Employment Advice
Aug 31, 2011

In a nutshell, I graduated from Career Step in 2007 with High Honors and worked for TRS for a year.  I was happy at TRS and produced quality work (98.5% accuracy).  Then life intervened and the past few years have been rough. The good news is, I survived   I would like to get back into transcription, but I am having a hard time filling the "recent" experience qualification most reputable companies have.  In an attempt to refresh my skills while I am waiting on rejection emai ...

MQ Employment Test
Dec 14, 2011

Has anyone with experience taken the employment test (transcription part) and not passed with 98?  I cannot believe this.... ...