A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Need employment help PLEASE - Dolphinz

Posted: Nov 18, 2011

I need some help.  I recently became a single mom....and then lost my previous job due to taking some time off to gain custody of my niece due to an abuse situation she was in.  So now I am a single mom of 2 children.  After 2 months I finally found a job but not doing transcription.  I am not making it financially with what I am doing now, especially adding the cost of gas driving 30 minutes each way back and forth to work.  SOOOO.....I am in desperate need of some help.

I completely understand everyone's worries about posting where is a great place to work due to not wanting other people to take away from your work.  I had that same experience for the last company I did transcription for.  I worked there for 3 1/2 years.  If you want to e-mail me that would be just fine also. 

I'm just really trying to reach out for some help.  I have 2 kids I'm trying to support and I'm not making it and am slowly drowning.  I also wouldn't mind working for a place part time if it's decent and can just add to the small income I'm bringing home at my current job....just so that I can make it on my own.  Thank you all in advance for any help you might be willing to give.  Thanks!!!!

I almost forgot.... - Dolphinz

[ In Reply To ..]
I almost forgot....the reason I am asking for help is I have been on these forums like crazy for a week and I'm about to go into an anxiety attack. The minute I think I found a good place that sounds like it might be a great place to try then I start finding posts that make me second guess it. I have phone interview offers from MedQuist (pretty much am already sayinig NO on that one) and also for Synernet which doesn't sound too bad but then I found a few posts that scared me off.

Are you asking for money? - Hmmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
I read a lot of posts here and have never read one quite like yours.

You keep going on and on about your situation, then posted your e-mail address. Are you asking for handouts?

OMG NO!!!! - Dolphinz

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow....that's all that comes to mind is wow.....I am so sorry if anyone is getting that idea from this post. No I just happened to really be going thru that situation this year. I was just trying to explain my situation on why I was asking for help to find a job with an actual decent company. I posted my e-mail address because I've read people not wanting to post that kind of stuff and then have 500 people apply to a job. PLEASE no one think that's what I'm doing. I wouldn't accept money if it was given. I won't even take it from my parents who have offered to help because I know they can't really afford it either. I am sincerely sorry for anyone who got that out of this. It has just been a crappy year. Found out my niece was being abused and harms herself because of it, had to get her out of that situation which was out of state, ended up losing my job because during the month of February 2011, I had to miss so much work going back and forth to Nashville from Northern Illinois 4 times, got divorced, engine went out in my car...that's pretty much been my year. So I apologize if my post sounded like a look for a handout....I posted my e-mail address so people could get ahold of me PRIVATELY if they would like. SHEESH....apparently I went to the wrong "group" of people for help. Just wanted some suggestions from some fellow MTs.
I wasn't sure and was just clarifying. - Relax
[ In Reply To ..]
I merely asked a question. Thank you for your answer.
Oh please, you are just trying to start something. - Disgusted
[ In Reply To ..]
She clearly was not asking for a hand out, jeeezzzz. She asked for help with finding a job.
Opinions Versus Facts 101 - Relax
[ In Reply To ..]
That is your OPINION. My opinion -- and that of Hmmmm2 -- differs.

You state your OPINION as though it were a FACT. It would behoove you to learn the difference.

BTW I'm not the one getting all EMOTIONAL about it. You drama queens are.
Hmmmmm Relax - Amazed at people
[ In Reply To ..]
There is absolutely nothing in Dolphinz's original post that implies she was asking for money. "Disgusted" is correct -- you are just tryint to start something. Do you have anything better to do, say perhaps your work or doing something to help someone who needs it, or do you spend all your time being a difficult person?
I'm not the one EMOTING. - Relax
[ In Reply To ..]
How many times must this be stated? Not very bright, are you?

For the umpteenth time, YOU are the ones reacting, not I. I asked a QUESTION. Information-gathering, data collection, and QUERIES are NOT reactions.

So call off your pack of rabid, frothing, flea-bitten, mangey mongrols or stop posting numerous times under different nicks.
Dophinz: I did not think that at all !!! I hope - someone can help NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Oh, c'mon! She asked nothing of the kind! - She asked about companies, not money! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you - Dolphinz
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much....I was seriously sick to my stomach at people thinking that's what I was asking and was thinking about deleting the post. That's all I really want is a decent company to work for...that's it...nothing more and nothing less.
I am in the very same boat as you and I do not thin - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
there is a good company out there. Believe me, I have tried dozens. They all stink in one way or another. Just keep praying. God has your back!
If I was in your situation.... - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
I might ask to be re-hired at the place I was working before. They know you and it may be easier to get hired back there. OR, you said you had job offers at MQ and Synernet. You might want to consider one of those (actually, I would choose Synernet. I have heard good things about them and they have base pay plus incentive and shift differential). If you are as desperate as you say you are and you have received 2 job offers, what are you waiting for? If you have the luxury of mulling over multiple job offers, maybe you're not as desperate as you think you are.
Interview offers - Dolphinz
[ In Reply To ..]
I had emails offering me phone interviews after my tests....not job offers. I'm desperate to find a good place because it's scary to leave the job I do have if I just go somewhere to make even less.
She went on and on - Relax
[ In Reply To ..]
Am I not allowed to ask a simple follow-up question for clarification without having my case jumped?!

There is waaaaay too much drama around here.
Relax - Sarah
[ In Reply To ..]
It's not drama; it's insensitivity and lack of compassion. Guess where it's coming from?
Lack of compassion? - Relax
[ In Reply To ..]
Is it lack of compassion to be skeptical of every sob story? Is it lack of compassion to check out a story before opening your checkbook?

If so, then the entire world "lacks compassion."

You are definitely living in Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.
Relax - Sarah
[ In Reply To ..]
I hope that some day you get a heart.
I agree - but
[ In Reply To ..]
A brain and some basic skills in reading comprehension would be better.
I'm with you, Relax - skeptical
[ In Reply To ..]
The original post did have all the earmarks of the kind of scam the other street-wise poster described. There was nothing wrong with your query. Gullible people aren't the only ones who get taken by crooks. A lot of soft-hearted people and those afraid someone will think they're "mean" provide a very good living for scammers.

A lot of the energy expended in attacking you might better have been spent in a little healty skepticism before blindinly championing a possible scam artist.
Exactly! Furthermore... SM - Relax
[ In Reply To ..]
If these "softies" would stop and use the two brain cells God gave them, they would realize that if someone is looking for work they don't start a new thread with their entire sob-story life history. Instead they go to the Job Seeker's board and APPLY, post their resume in the Resume Bank, check other sites that have job postings, read the Company board, etc.

I was accused of "starting something," yet I am not the one going on and on, attacking other posters. The subject could have been CLOSED long ago.

I will, however, continue to defend myself against these ridiculous attacks which are probably by one poster using different nicks.
And yet, when a suggestion is made to the OP - skeptical
[ In Reply To ..]
about companies to apply to, she rejects them for flimsy reasons. One would think that someone as desperate for additional income as she claims to be would follow every lead that was offered.

Just something to think about before blindly swallowing a sob story.

OMG!! - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]
There was no indication in her post that she was asking for money. Are you saying that just to start trouble or what??
I ASKED A QUESTION. - Relax
[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't "say" anything; I merely asked a question. The way her post was worded I wasn't sure.

Chill out.
I think RELAX needs to relax. There is NOTHING in the OP - that comes close to asking for money
[ In Reply To ..]
and then to chide her for "going on and on," when it was simply a colleague finding what she thought would be a forum she could talk with kinda shows you to be a little cold. You comment was thoughtless and insensitive, own up to it and move on.
You're off the mark. - Relax
[ In Reply To ..]
Au contraire. I am completely relaxed.

I asked a QUESTION. She clarified, and I thanked her for doing so.

*Case closed.*

It's apparent that YOU are the one who needs to "move on."
Yes, ''Relax'' DID ask her question... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
A rude and crude one, with logic straight from the Twilight Zone (not a single other poster reached the same strange conclusion that the OP was soliciting money.) Hopefully ''Relax'' feels better now that she has gotten some of the nastiness out of her system. (Not having to be around petty people like ''Relax'' is a reminder of how nice it is to be able to work at home!)
LMAO! - Relax
[ In Reply To ..]
There was nothing "nasty" or "rude" about my question -- it was merely a query. Alternatively, I could have OVERreacted, exhausting myself from JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS, like YOU and others on this board.

BIG NEWS FLASH: Contrary to your overblown sense of self importance, you're not a mindreader. Just because nobody else posted it (they didn't have to, as I had already done so) doesn't mean they weren't thinking it. Or are you too dense to know that?

Yes, please stay at home -- preferably off the internet.
YOU stand corrected. See Hmmm2's post. - Relax
[ In Reply To ..]
YOU are wrong yet again.

See Hmmmm2's post.
Then you obviously have a comprenhension problem! - Disgusted
[ In Reply To ..]
Unfreaking real!
Mister Rogers' Neighborhood Gullibility - Relax
[ In Reply To ..]
No, I just don't belong to your Mr. Rogers' club.

Hmmmm2 and I are higher-IQ posters with discernment and real life experiences to draw on for our sophisticated Twilight Zone logic.
The testy hand-outs bootstrap vigilantes have had a rough - couple of weeks
[ In Reply To ..]
what with OWS support exploding nationwide and creating a reckoning force they've not been able to bully into submission. Ignore them. The high horses they ride are programmed to trample the underlings. They root for failure and engaging their negativity is not productive.

Well . . . - Hmmmm2

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought this was a handout ploy,too. It might not have been one, but it reads like one. This kind of thing shows up all over boards now. It is a new trick con artists use. Dolphinz might not be one,but this sure fits the pattern.

I know a guy who does this. He cruises boards and posts under different names. He makes a very good living from this. People feel so sorry for him that they send cash, money orders, clothes, bicycles, books, and other objects, which he sellls on craigslist and ebay.

Here is what happens. The person posts about their dire straits, hard luck, illnesses, etc., often mentioning family or educational issues that match the interests of the board. They ask for advice on jobs to make it seem as though the help they are asking for is for job leads. They give an email address to afford sympathizers a way to initiate contact.

Discussion ensues. Kind souls email. They are drawn into a relationship during which the con artist expands on the hard luck story and deservingness. They are soon sending care packages, funding Christmas dinners and presents for the alleged children, funding operations and college, sending bicycles so the con can get to his job or sending computers so he can work at home, etc.

If someone asks if the con was asking for money, the con expresses horrified denial. This becomes added injustice. It validates the hard luck story. The con wants this to occur because it almost guarantees triple the haul. If no one questions this, the con will do it himself under a different name.

More discussion ensues. The board begins to break into sympathizers and scrooges. Kind souls will feel so bad they will try to make up for it by sending money and goods to the poor misunderstood dear.

The guy I know even takes Paypal. No one ever questions this. He will even tell a mark that he had to sell the winter coat or bike or shoes or dorm fridge to pay medical or school bills . . . and they will send another.

Relax was right on target with this. The only thing she did not note was the date. The prime time to start a Christmas con is the middle of November.

Tx! This IS mid November. ;) SM - Relax
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for posting and sharing what you know from experience.

It seems that if you merely question someone's intentions on here, the masses jump your case as though you were the antichrist or something.

One nitwit accused me (and you too) of "Twilight Zone logic." I will take my Twilight Zone logic (which is sophisticated and at least IS logical) over their Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood gullability any day.

Also I would note that is is only a FEW DAYS PAST the middle of November!!

Thanks again for a great post, Hmmm2!
Yup. Te time is right. - Hmmmm2
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, it is mid November. I think there was one og these last year, too.

I had not read all the posts in the thread, either. I did not see the extent of the upset. Notice that it flared very quickly and almost without provocation? You really asked a reasonable question. The big outrage happened too fast and with too much venom. That makes me think some of the posts were shills.

And did you notice the post about emailing directly to avoid the nastiness here? My acquaintance does the same thing to getpeople thinking that it would be ok to do it themselves. If they had not thought to do so the idea is planted i their minds. Then the con and the mark can talk privately about the furor on the board. The con develops the mark that way.

If Mark Twain were alive today he would be writing about internet scams.

When my acquaintence gets outed on a board, people still send him money. They will do so because they refuse to be hardhearted. They will say he must have needed money very badly to go to such lengths. They so want to do good that they cannot see the scam. It is a holiday and they want to share so they suspend disbelief.

If you out these people they often threaten you, which is very easy if you have emailed them. Hence the early share of the email address. My acquaintance will send them a giggly email with a google shot of their house to let them know he knows who they are.

I wish people would do their good deeds at a Salvation Army kettle instead.
Or are you the shill? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
But the one thing we do know for a certainly is Relax doesn't like to be considered in the wrong - ever. This explains all the further defensive postings.
There is no "right" or "wrong" in a QUESTION. - Relax
[ In Reply To ..]
Hmmmmm2 hasn't behaved like a shill at all. But you attackers have.

You judged a QUERY as "wrong." You also JUMPED MY CASE for ASKING A QUESTION.

If you can't see how foolish, ridiculous, and asinine you are being, then you are one pathetic case. Or you're a shill.

And YES I will defend myself wholeheartedly against this gang attack.
To Relax and Hmmmmm2 - Dolphinz
[ In Reply To ..]
While I can understand there are scams out there like this I would really hope that none of my fellow MTs on here would be stupid enough to think that's what I was asking for.....did I explain my situation in hopes someone would sympathize with me? Bet your a$$ I did! For a GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR! I would hope that everyone here would be using their hard earned money for their own families during this time of year. And I would really hope no one would really just decide to try to send me something from a post looking for a job! For God's sake!

Just to clarify so EVERYONE knows I do not want nor would I even accept anyone's handouts. I have worked my ass off for the things I do have and it just so happened I had a rough year! But I wouldn't change any of it cuz everything happens for a reason.....and I got my precious 14-year-old niece out of a terrible situation. Did I get divorced? Yep but it was for the better! Did it make me worse off financially? Yep but I wasn't gonna stay in a marriage I wasn't happy in!

So now that all of u know even more about my business that I sure as hell never thought I'd be blurting on the Internet I hope everyone understands this was a search for help for a job. Not money or gifts or bikes to get to work or a coat. I own a winter coat and I have a car and if I don't get a new job making more money well then guess what? I will end up moving in with family. That's all I was trying to avoid by bettering my financial situation with a better job.

I thank all the rest of you for your support on the forum and the tips (and I don't mean the monetary kind) you have given me! I believe I can and will find what I'm looking for and have my fingers crossed!!!!
I wish you the best. - Relax
[ In Reply To ..]
Again, thanks for answering my question. (This should have been CLOSED already but for the mob attacking me.)

I wish you the best of luck in your search.
Hmmmmm Relax - Amazed at people
[ In Reply To ..]
Dolphinz, you obviously asked nothing of the kind. There are just some people in the world who are unable to function without causing some kind of drama or uproar. It's a shame really. Sometimes things get so hard we reach out to people, even total strangers, just to know that people empathize with the terrible situation we are in. That's all you did -- that and to try to get some advice about how to land a job. Try not to pay attention to these kinds of people who live to make life difficult for others. Good luck to you.
Actually - skeptical
[ In Reply To ..]
The original post read exactly like the sort of testing-the-waters come-on that on-line scammers employ.

Scammers rely on there being plenty of people wanting to out-"compassion" each other.

There was nothing at all wrong with questioning the OP.

Dolphinz, this is the reason I emailed you - sickof drama&BS

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Email - Dolphinz

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey I replied by email to let u know I didn't get an email from you. I'm going to check on my computer when I get home and double check.

I wish you luck.... - lookingforwork2

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm also looking for a job. Have you tried Transcend? I went all the way to phone interview and when asked what shift I'd like, I said days. End of interview. I did not know they were hiring for 2nd and 3rd shifts. Why not just tell me that and I would have gladly worked 2nd shift. I hope you find a decent company soon. There has to be some left out there.
Transcend - Dolphinz
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for your input. Transcend scares me a little.....maybe I've been reading too many posts. I almost applied there and then read too many bad things. Maybe I need to stop the research and just see what happens. It's just scary out there that's all. Thanks again and good luck to you too!

predicament - praying for you

[ In Reply To ..]
Dear Dolphinz,

I am praying for you and your children. This is a "support" group of sorts, so you should be able to vent your frustration and not be made to feel sick to your stomach for it. Most of us on this board can identify and empathize with you. I like Gulf Coast Transcription, www.gctfl.com. Be very careful on the test so you can pass it with a 96% (which you CAN do!) and then the interview process can start. I believe in you!

Help please - Been there

[ In Reply To ..]
Parents of a 20yo and 11 yo. Don't feel guilty! Apply for foostamps and Medicaid. Call the school and find out if they have charity assistance for Christmas help (sometimes you have to sort can goods for the need one night a week to help with the needed. Ask for reduced lunches from your School system. Please again, don't feel guilty. We paid into this system as a taxpayer and is supposed to be there when you need it! You can email me and we can see if we can come up with some others types of assistance.

Need a job - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Please feel free to email me. Have you thought of looking into personal injury law firms. You definitely have a lot of medical terms necessary for sorting thru some of the personal injury work.

Trying to help - qvpqgy

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you are on the right track by brainstorming how to transition MT skills away from MTSOs into another arena. If it's any consolation to you, many of us are in that same boat. Single parenting imperatives complicate this undertaking, but do not render it unsurmountable.

One suggestion I have is to search job boards such as careerbuilder and monster.com using tags such as medical terminology/transcription, medical administrative clerical, health care administrative/clerical, medical office etc. (along with your geographic location), then click on the listings and review their job descriptions/requirements. This helps you become familiar with offerings you may be able to use for this transition.

Personal injury may be one path, along with IMEs (independent medical examiners) who provide third-party review services in a variety of ways to group health, disability, workers' compensation, automobile and general liability insurance carriers, third-party administrators and law firms. Direct contact with these entities (and especially health care insurance companies) may be another route. You may want to consider CSR job titles for health insurance companies, who often favor applicants with transitional medical skills. United Health Group hires former trascriptionists for CSR initial contact positions and claims administrative assistant jobs. These are ground-floor opportunities that can lead to upward job mobility through their continuing education and tuition reimbursement programs. You could also try long-term temporary placements or temp-to-hire positions that would help you build your resume.

I've been out of work for two years trying to do exactly what you are doing now. My biggest obstacles have been age discrimination (BIGIME) combined with being over-qualified, problems I don't think you will face, at least in terms of your age. What I know at this stage in the game is that the longer you stay out of work the harder this becomes. It is not uncommon for me to encounter job listings with wording that actually excludes jobless applicants (!), in favor of those already employed, a nasty trend of late on account of the glutted job market. You may want to consider accepting that Synernet offer (which would reduce the stress of immediate need), then continue your quest toward transitioning. Also, many community colleges offer fast track certification programs (some as short as 8 weeks) in health-care related fields under their continuing education programs that are relatively low cost and qualify for grant and loan assistance (or a combination thereof). This could be part of your Plan B long-term initiatives in terms of building skills. This route is much cheaper than the dedicated programs at the trade schools (a swampland I would avoid). Many times, these courses can be taken on line as part of distance education.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best. One last thing. Keep your eye on the ball...building a future for yourself and your kids...and avoid the naysayers LIKE THE PLAGUE. Good luck to you.

Similar Messages:

At-will Employment
Aug 16, 2011

If your employment with an MTSO is "at will," doesn't that apply to BOTH you and them? The legal meaning of "at-will employment" is as follows: "A common-law rule that an employment contract of indefinite duration can be terminated by either the employer or the employee at any time for any reason; also known as terminable at will." So, given this legal rule, why are we deemed ineligible for rehire when we leave an MTSO without what they perceive as fair notice? ...

PRN Employment
Apr 15, 2012

Are there any "reputable" companies offering prn transcription opportunities any more?  I am finding myself with times where my workflow is slow and would love to have a backup, but I also dont want to commit to more than I can handle.  Would appreciate some suggestion/feedback.    ...

Looking For Employment
Jun 24, 2014

Hello, I am currently looking for employment in either In-House transcription near Spring Hill, Florida or employment with a company that will provide the computer and equipment needed. Any information is appreciated. Thank you, Kathy ...

Employment Status Changes
Dec 06, 2009

For anyone who has changed from full-time to part-time status, have you still been able to get time off when needed, and what exactly is meant by flexible part time (flexible for whom)?  With all the recent changes, I am finding it necessary to begin heading in another direction. ...

Considering Employment With Medquist
Oct 05, 2010

I took a test for Medquist three months ago and was told I didni't pass, even when I know I had to have.  I got a call this afternoon from someone in HR about wanting me to please take the test again.  Is this company worth working for?   I've looked online and some people are posting that they are only making $7-9 an hour?  Any help with this would be sincerely appreciated.  Thank you! ...

Considering Employment With Amphion
Jan 05, 2011

I am considering employment with Amphion.  I've heard it's a great company to work for. Does anyone have any feedback regarding Amphion that they'd be willing to share? Thanks - Joyce ...

Healthcare Employment
Jan 16, 2011

Has anyone else answered ads for them.  You do a really EASY test. They offer to train you for free..  then send you emails... basically to schedule a job interview.  You text them.  They send you this agreement, which says that in order to work for them you need to plunk out $450 to buy their software.. This does not quite seem on the level to me.. I have been working in this industry going on 20 years.  I work in house right now..  but job situation is precariou ...

Trying To Gain Employment
Aug 17, 2011

I graduated from Kaplan University last July and I have still not been able to find employment in medical transcription. I have even tried to get my foot in the door as far as working as a medical receptionist, secretary and in medical records to no avail. Is there any advice that you seasoned MTs can give me? Any and all advice would be greately appreciated.   Thanks, Keasha :) ...

Employment Advice
Aug 31, 2011

In a nutshell, I graduated from Career Step in 2007 with High Honors and worked for TRS for a year.  I was happy at TRS and produced quality work (98.5% accuracy).  Then life intervened and the past few years have been rough. The good news is, I survived   I would like to get back into transcription, but I am having a hard time filling the "recent" experience qualification most reputable companies have.  In an attempt to refresh my skills while I am waiting on rejection emai ...

MQ Employment Test
Dec 14, 2011

Has anyone with experience taken the employment test (transcription part) and not passed with 98?  I cannot believe this.... ...

Odd Employment Question
Feb 18, 2012

Let's say you apply for a transcription job and they intend to do a credit check which you know will show you late on payments (because you are unemployed).  Does that automatically disqualify a person?  I feel like I have no business applying knowing my credit is less than stelllar at this moment in time and it is depressing.  What to do. ...

Do You Have To Pay Self-employment Taxes?
Apr 23, 2012

If you are an independent contractor, do you have to pay self-employment taxes? ...

Employment Terminated
Nov 07, 2012

I got canned yesterday for not making over minimum wage. I meet over the minimum lines requirement, but still not enough for minimum wage for my state. We had also been running out of work a lot lately. I had one verbal warning over the phone a little over a month ago, no written warning, and no "performance management," and was scheduled for a mentoring session later this month...totally taken by surprise. I was hoping to hang on until retirement in 2 years, but with the drop in pay, increase i ...

Who To Contact About Employment?
May 31, 2013

I've applied at Nuance, but I never hear anything back. Does anyone have an e-mail address of someone I can contact? I've gone to the site but can't find one. ...

Pre-employment Testing Sm
Dec 23, 2013

Do all the major companies require actual transcription of voice dictation, or do some of them only require on-line skills assessment, i.e., Q&A, multiple choice, etc. I have found that some of these voice files are actually very hard to understand, deliberately done or not, placing the applicant in a disadvantaged position to start. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thx. ...

How About Synernet Has 2 Ads For Employment
Jan 06, 2014

Not fair. ...

MM India Employment Ad
Apr 04, 2014

Greetings from MModal, Coimbatore, TN. (Ex-CBaySystems).Immediate openings for MT Professionals for In-house work @ MModal, Coimbatore with below mentioned benefits:• Fixed Base Salary. Attractive Performance Linked Incentives for achievement and exceeding targets. Line one quality incentive over and above the target based on required quality% Lucrative Night shift allowance. Flexible Working hours for HBTs Performance based promotions as per Career Pathing and Development (CPD). ASR i ...

HDS Student Employment
Oct 11, 2014

Do you know of anyone that hires  students that are about to graduate with a 4.0? ...

Employment Question
Nov 21, 2014

Fifteen years ago, I worked for a certain employer and was terminated after 4 months in a particular position. I recently applied to that same employer for the same job. While completing the application, one of the questions was if I had ever been an employee of theirs, and I chose no because it had been so long. Is this going to be a problem (application didn't ask for SSN)? If so, should I try to contact the HR department and explain that I need to reapply and change my answer? Or if it g ...

Employment With Amphion
Feb 02, 2015

Anyone have any thoughts on employment with Amphion?  I have been an MT for over 23 years most recently working for small company which has been forced to downsize due to EMR.  I have applied at 10 different transcription companies only heard back from about 3 which is very frustrating.  Just wondering if anyone has any information good/bad regarding Amphion.   Thanks   ...

Employment Verification
Apr 27, 2015

I can't seem to find the number for empolyment verification.  Can anyone help? ...

Transcend Radiology Employment
Jan 21, 2010

Saw a job posted early this morning on the Transcend site, they have openings for radiology MLS if anyone is interested in applying. ...

15+ Years Experience And Can Not Get Employment
Mar 23, 2010

I worked for Viera Diagnostic in Viera, Florida for the past 3 years. I broke my leg recently and they said they didn't need me anymore, as I need physical therapy three times a week to insure mobility in the future. I have over 15 years experience and cannot find a job. Anyone have any ideas. I did one test for one company, they said I did not pass. I am wondering if I should throw in the towel. I love this work and feel that I am a very good transcriptionist. Any ideas are welcome. ...

MT Pre-Employment Testing Scores
Apr 23, 2010

Hello All, I just received the results of my pre-employment testing.  I have not had to "score" on a test in quite some time.  One company asked me if I had been contacted because I scored 50% on the transcription side.  What does that mean?  The other company stated that I did not pass their test.  It was graded by a regional recruiting manager and they are saying that I made several critical errors?  Like what?  Does anyone have any insight to the scoring of ...

Will Obama's New Employment Law Affect MQ?
Jul 24, 2010

It has to do with requiring employers to reveal employees' salaries regarding sex, race and national origin of employees.  Will this mean MQ will have to pay the Indians more?  How about paying us more fairly?  Any thoughts on this? ...

Penn Foster Course And Employment ?
Sep 05, 2010

Has anyone completed the Medical Transcription course at Penn Foster and has successfully gained employment? ...

Re-employment Service Orientation (sm)
Sep 27, 2010

Has anyone on UE gone to a Re-employment Service Orientation appointment?  I have one scheduled for 10/12 and would like to know what it involves, what they do, etc.  Would appreciate any info.  ...

Anyone Heard Of Healthcare Employment?
Mar 09, 2011

Has anyone heard of Healthcare Employment?  They are, I think, located in Florida and paying from .05 to .11 cpl.  They have a training program which is free but the books cost $60, but the course is not mandatory.  ...

A Legitimate Field Of Employment..,
Sep 20, 2011

Is this a legitimate field of study for a new career in medical language or just another school trying to get money?  I am a medical transcriptionist who stopped working to home school my two children.  I just do not want to waste my time as I really do not have it to waste.  I am trying to looking at various options,  currently, medical coding is winning out, but I had seen this on facebook and was wondering what your opinions were on this 'program'.  I know ...

Post-employment Survey
Jan 06, 2012

OMG...what a way to start the day, with a survey post my SHORT employment with Medquist.  I answered them honestly -- what are they gonna do?  Take away my birthday?  Even had the audacity to ask why I left, was it because of pay?   I had the pleasure of saying "because I do not approve of your policy to offshore when so many Americans are UNEMPLOYED!"   And with this new job I did take a small cut in CPL but you know what?  Well worth it, and the new platform I wo ...