A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any other WMXers having a hard time concentrating? - defeated

Posted: May 05, 2011

I used to be a high producer. Now I just don't care. I dread having to start work everyday.  They have completely squelched my spirit and have sucked the life out of me. Now I'm just praying for a miracle so I can get them out of my life. They don't deserve me.

Me too - enough already

[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly what you said - sending out job aps and praying for a miracle so I can get them out of my life! We are working harder and longer for less $ and for what? So they can praise us for our ability to jump through higher hoops and cut our pay AGAIN tomorrow? Its just not worth it any more!

You're right. Our hard work is rewarded with multiple pay cuts . . . - defeated

[ In Reply To ..]
so what's the point? What's the point in working hard?!! I'm finding it very difficult just to do the minimum. They need to take some classes on how to motivate their employees, because this sure isn't working for me.

You're doing what needs to be done - - LK

[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you for working on getting out. You're right, they don't deserve you, and the only thing that's going to stop these ridiculous pay cuts is if MTs don't put up with it and go somewhere else. The only thing that will drive wages back up is if MTSOs can't find enough skilled MTs to work for peanuts. Then they are forced to raise pay to attract the employees they need. It's supply and demand, and it regulates wages in every industry. If you had high-tech workers who were willing to work for minimum wage, that's exactly what they would be paid because the companies could get away with it.
You are right - don't put up with it!! - MTs - take a stand
[ In Reply To ..]
The only way they get away with it is because we put up with it. Nuance has cut our pay to the lowest legally possible. We are also required to do so much work that is unpaid for (checking Fiesa feedback, e-mails, webclock, etc.) which is illegal by the way. You have to be paid for work that you are required to do. Don't put up with it anymore. Contact the labor board.
pay cuts - s/m
[ In Reply To ..]
These so called companies (corporations) pay someone to analyze how low we can pay the laborers, make our clients happy and get away with it because it is an employers market right now (not an employees market as it was 5 or so years ago). We have had a couple whammies in our line of work with technology (VR) and overseas third world countries making our pay go down!!! This is happening in every company, not just TTS. In my company I received a pay cut a year ago. I am training in something all together different. So you quit and go on and they will just replace you with someone else that will contract for that amount. The quality as I see it has already gone down, but a lot of doctors and hospitals as I see it look at transcription as a necessary evil for documentation, not at all how we train and become good qualified MLSs who value their careers as important and necessary for good patient care.
Who has jurisdiction? - Bettie_Bgood
[ In Reply To ..]
Who would you contact? Seriously I would like to know. YOu can email me privately. But I haven't been able to figure out WHO to contact about the "donations" that we make to MTSOs of our time.

Similar Messages:

Hard Time Finding A Job As An MT
Sep 29, 2010

Hi everyone my name is Amanda and I am a recent MT graduate.  I have been completing application after application and I either get an email saying that they are looking for 2 or more years experience, they are not currently hiring, or no response at all.  I was just wondering if anyone could offer any advice as to how to go about getting a foot in the door.  I am getting really discouraged and this process is so grueling!! ...

Having Hard Time Finding A Job As An MT
Sep 29, 2010

Hi everyone my name is Amanda and I have recently completed a MT course.  I am finding it very difficult to find work...I have completed several applications and keep getting emails that say they are looking for more experience, they are not currently hiring, or I get no response at all. I am just looking for some advice from anyone if they have any suggestions about getting into a job. This process is very grueling! ...

If You Are Having A Hard Time This Christmas
Dec 25, 2012

Dolly Parton - Hard Candy Christmas w/Lyrics - YouTube ...

I'm Having A REALLY Hard Time Believing
Dec 27, 2014

There are these 3 horrible ESLs, and I mean HORRIBLE--I cannot believe they are even allowed to dictate they are so all over place, mispronouncing every third word-- but my question is WHY, out of all the other fairly good dictators I do on a regular basis, are THESE 3 constantly being audited.  If I really believed it was random, (and I just can't) I would have less of a problem with this whole Fiesa thing.  But WHERE are the audits on the reports by the GREAT dictators?&nbs ...

Having A Hard Time Finding Clients
Apr 02, 2010

I have been a MT for three years.  I have been working for somebody else and have recently decided to start up my own business.  I have sent out over 200 letters/business cards to area doctors and thought for sure it would produce a better return.  I was just wondering if anybody has any advice.  I'm trying not to get discouraged and I just keep plugging along but I'm open to any and all thoughts.  Thanks in advance! ...

Having Such A Hard Time Finding Employment
Aug 22, 2011

Kicking myself for not having any acute care experience, big time.   11 years experience in other areas and I can't seem to make any headway.  Anyway, if you test for a position that states immediately hiring, how long should you wait before inquiring about how you did and/or when they are making any decisions?  A week? More?  It has been about 1/2 a week.  I just wondered.  I know they probably had a lot of tests to go through...but when they say immedia ...

Still Can't Get Into MQ Mail And Having Hard Time Getting Into The Website At All After I Sign
Jun 24, 2010

nm ...

Fragment Versus Complete...having A Hard Time!
Oct 26, 2010

Cut made with a 15 blade into deep tissue. Is this fragment or complete? I am so confused. I would want to add a "was," but does it not having a "was" or "is" make it incomplete? I have been researching grammar, but I know sometimes medical fragment sentences tend to be acceptable. ...

Having A Hard Time Making Line Count
Nov 04, 2013

After being switched  every couple of months to new accounts I am now having trouble making any lines. Lately I have been wondering if they have changed how they count lines.  Also I am on an account that is done in the UK which means 100 percent ESLs and zero normals.  Anybody else struggle? ...

Having Hard Time Hearing Doctor On Voice Files
Nov 04, 2010

I wanted to know some pointers to get ahead with understanding a doctor's dictation in certain parts of a voice file. I am having a hard time even though I have been doing MT work for over a year. Any suggestions would really help.   Thanks ...

Alliance Health Documentation Hard Time Making Their Line Count Lately?
Jun 23, 2015

Anybody having a hard time making their line count lately? ...

Advice For Increasing Productivity In VR Editing? I Have A Hard Time Matching What I Made Typing.
Mar 08, 2012

Thanks for sharing ...

For WMXers, Where Are PTO Totals Found?
Oct 30, 2010

Hey all, I would like to find out how much PTO I have available but cannot find it. I looked in the Employee Self Service site (where the pay stub info is), but there is nothing on the PTO page, just column titles.  Thanks. ...

Have Any Laid-off WMXers Re-applied And Been Rehired Yet?
Nov 09, 2010

nm ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

Hard To Take It Seriously--sm
May 07, 2014

I am actually checking FIESA right now as I was placed on a new account almost 2 weeks ago but I am having a hard time taking these scores seriously as I just saw a report of mine.  I left a blank , I did hear welder but the sentence was poor and I clearly heard retired earlier.  The sentence QA put in is:  He works welder.  I kid you not.  This next paycheck I pay a bill off.  There are things I need some money for and I keep trying to remind myself of that so ...

It Is Just SO Hard To Try And Do My Very Best For
Jul 15, 2014

a company who treats me like garbage.  I get a warning for 2 (yes just 2) reports that have quality issues (they say).  Hmmmm.  Never had this problem before. ...

Hard Copies
Feb 17, 2010

This may be an obvious question to most, but how do I print a hard copy of a document I recently completed on EditScript?  Or can I?  I'd like to keep a copy of what "I edited/typed myself" before the QA reviews it, so that I can see my errors and learn from them, or have something to back me up if I disagree.  Can someone provide me with an answer. please  I know I can print them AFTER they have been reviewed by QA, but I want it before hand with my errors.....shou ...

How Hard Is It Going To Be To Fine A New Job...
Oct 16, 2011

after being fired?   ...

Is It That Hard Or Am I Just Lucky?
Nov 15, 2011

I have been looking around the boards for a bit and I see everyone complaining about working for peanuts (or less) for their MTSO.  I currently work at home for a somewhat local hospital in my area.  They sent all of their transcriptionists home about 6 years ago and their coders are home now too.  I know that the other big hospital system in my area has all of their transcriptionsts at home too.  Is it really that hard to find a job like mine or did I just get lucky?  ...

Finding It Hard To
Jan 17, 2012

sit at a keyboard for 8 hrs a day everyday.  Guess I'm just getting old.  Wish I could find part-time work.  Does anyone know of any good companies that will allow part-time (20-25 hrs)? Doesn't seem to be very many out there.  TIA. ...

$$ Your Pay, Your Hard Work!
Mar 31, 2012

I am wondering if you all feel like I do, many years as a transcriptionist and the industry has changed so. I used to be able to earn an income that I could live on and now half that amount!  I would like to hear what your paychecks are, the amount of hours you work and is anyone satisfied.  No names, of course, yours or the companies!  I, personally, absolutely kill myself for $10/hour.  For some unnamed companies you are suppose to earn an established amount ...

How Hard Is It To Get A Job Once You've Finished A Course?
May 24, 2012

Hello.  I would like to switch from transcribing to coding.  I'm considering CareerStep.  Would it be very difficult for me to find a job where I work from home, or just finding a job at all?  Thank you. ...

It's Hard Not To Be Bitter
Jun 09, 2012

Over the last 3 years I have referred to this site infrequently and looked at posts and thought to myself "sounds like a bunch of bitter folks."   I have tried to keep my "game face" on but I can't do it anymore. I moved to Nuance/Webmedx last December after Medquist purchased JLG and I was NOT about to work for them.  What a huge mistake on my part, not that either were good options.  My pay has dropped to minimum wage -- I now bring home MONTHLY what 4 years I had made pre ...

Hard To Believe What Mgm Asks You To Do
Jan 13, 2013

This past week editing a report and the dictator was giving the diagnosis. By the way this was an ESL so lots of the voice recognition was wrong to start with, numerous corrections had to be made. The guy started out with 1 and then 2 and dictating away. They then said #6 and I did not hear the numbers in between. I sent instant message telling mgm and was told after the fact I should have divided the categories. I am not a physician, could not differentiate that clearly to start with, the guy c ...

How Hard Is It To Get A TSM Job At Nuance?
Jul 13, 2014

If I have 5 years experience as a transcriptionist and a Bachelors degree in education, do you think I could get a job as a TSM?  I don't have experience as an editor or manager and haven't gotten my CMT so I don't meet all the requirements they list, but I'm wondering how picky they are? ...

New Hard Drives
Aug 07, 2014

I haven't received my new hard drive yet. Are the main programs already loaded on. ...

Hard To Believe The Same Companies
Jan 18, 2015

of being 'fit' places for which to work with actual work for which you'll be paid a fair 'wage,' when oftentimes that is just not the case. There continue to be 'companies' posting repeatedly on the 'Seeker's' board that have no business doing so. There is either little or no work, they do not pay 'on time' if at all, and the wages are sub-standard/subminimum. You are lied to from the moment you have the misfortune to have been "on ...

No Matter How Hard I Try, I Just Cannot Keep My Lph Up.
Jan 30, 2015

I'm surprised I haven't received performance management yet. I just cannot keep my line count up high enough since going to Fluency 7.6. This is too frustrating. Maybe I should copy a job into Word and see if the line count matches. Although, it could be because the ASR output has been so horrible and I am stopping 3x more to make corrections. I don't get why ASR outputs synonyms of what was said and alternative ways to phrase what was said, not to mention the downright w ...

How Hard Will It Be To Get Job After Not Doing Mt For 14 Years
Feb 13, 2015

How hard do you think it will be to get a job after not doing transcription for 14 years. I have an AAS degree in MT and several years experience, but like I said that was a while back. Just wondering about my possibilities... ...