A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Empty Praise No Money - Meh

Posted: May 14, 2015

Heard it's MT Week and just got email saying how vital and important MTs are. Then how come we're paid more or less minimum wage? Bottom line: Actions speak louder than words. Important perhaps. Appreciated: Definitely not. Praise is insufficient motivator if it sounds empty and unable to pay bills.

True that. With the last-year's gift card from IMedX, I got - half a bread machine at Walmart

[ In Reply To ..]
LOL. And it was on sale.

Consider yourself lucky. We get nothing at America's Pride. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
And by nothing, I mean not even acknowledgement that it's MT Week. I'd be happy with a gift card for half a bread machine!

MT week - kabina

[ In Reply To ..]
I never heard a word from either of the 2 companies I work for about it being MT week, not a word. But I never can expect any raise or gift either usually. I did from one company get a little extra money for Christmas, but nothing to really write home about. In the past I have gotten money from an MT company at Christmas only for them to treat me like crap within the next month or 2 after giving it, so you just never know. I do have to say over the last few years the lack of respect we get has really worked on my esteem and I feel incapable of going anywhere really. But if you put your mind to it you can do anything, and so my way of thinking has to change. I think the general mindset with this profession has certainly got to be well, you can sure be replaced and so many are still out there waiting to do your job, even with the way the pay and all have went down, so if you complain, well, nobody cares or wants to hear it.

MT week - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
MT week wasn't last week, it starts today

Oh - Meh

[ In Reply To ..]
Got email about it last week. Whatever. Makes no difference. LOL

I just left a company where I would have gotten a gift - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Bummed that I won't be receiving a mug with a pen in the mail this week. However, the gift I gave this week was to myself. Leaving a place where it felt like a pressure cooker, which treated people as less than human beings. What does a lemming or a neanderthal need with a mug and a pen anyway. Now I look toward no mug, pen, and a job which will pay me a living wage so I can buy my own mug and pen.

Similar Messages:

MT Jobs - All Criticism, No Praise.
Apr 04, 2012

Would it be so difficult to tether criticism with a little praise?Seriously, why is it necessary to criticize MTs for transcribing "blood pressure," instead of BP, and NEVER offer once word of praise for the many times I've omitted the second dictation of vital signs to keep the dictator from looking stupid?Or how about a "good job" here and there for the times I fixed things like, "The patient will be given a prescription for metformin for his diarrhea," when I transcribed, "The patient wi ...

Empty Arthritis?
Aug 03, 2013

An ESL is enumerating the surgical risks of hand surgery. He lists osteoarthritis and what sounds like "MT arthritis". [That would be like what we get from too much typing;)] Seriously anyone have an idea what this could be. I have researched many kinds of arthritis and the closest I can find is enthesia-related arthritis which appears to be a child ailment and the patient is not a child.    ...

If Your Glass Is Half Empty
Jul 20, 2010

If your glass is half empty, read on...  It’s those rose colored glasses I wear, I guess.  Just trying to reach out and have an open dialogue about the future of our jobs and the way we’ve been treated.  If  my posts irritate you, move on, but why attack?  Couldn’t you use those language skills you have for something other than pooping in your own nest?  Animals don’t even do that.  I thought we were all in this together. &n ...

Money
Mar 29, 2010

Call me greedy, but what can a new MT expect to earn the first couple of months? Based on having plenty of work and working around the clock. I am putting out at least 1100 lines a day for now.  What is considered a good line count? ...

BIG MONEY
Jul 28, 2010

Okay, so I signed on with Transcend because they said, "Do you want to be guaranteed $900 per pay period as full time?" Well, sure. That sure reeled me in. I had always been afraid they ran out of work. Now it turns out that you HAVE to earn $900 IN ORDER TO BE full time. Big difference! It's like saying, "If you win the Olympic gold medal, you'll be guaranteed a first-place finish!" Or, "If you win the election, you'll be guaranteed more votes than your opponent!" It's so ba ...

How Do I Get My Money?!
Nov 21, 2011

Ok, finally, the horrors have happened to me. All was well, but now I'm getting seriously pissed. I work 8 hour shifts 5 days a week. Those hours are mandatory. My pay is equalling less than minimum wage. I e-mailed the company asking them about having to pay me minimum wage given the mandatory hours. The only response I got was "I'll look into it." That was over a week ago. In addition, the platform we use that records our lines is not recording all my jobs! I write down all the job ...

If You're In It Just For The Money, Don't Become An MT
Sep 03, 2012

I've had the same line rate (9 cpl) for 5 years, and I notice the new accounts they offer MTs pay 7.5 or 8 cpl at most. I must admit, though that I do work for a great company (I've been with them 12 years); they offer lots of flexibility (no required shifts or hours, just a reasonable line quota), payment promptly by direct deposit twice a month like clockwork, an easy to use transcription platform and wonderful QA and support staff. I have a lot of job satisfaction, though for my yea ...

More Money
Sep 18, 2012

Do any MTs out there working for MM know how we can all get together and demand more money? they don't listen to us one at a time! ...

I Will Owe Them Money!
Mar 26, 2013

I guess my next check will be a negative amount, since last week I didn't even get 8 hours in and this week thus far, I have only gotten 2 hours in.  Somebody has to pay for my insurance and I am pretty sure they aren't going to cover it at the kindness of their heart.  Beyond frustrated!!! ...

WE WANT MORE MONEY!!!
Oct 01, 2014

I want to know when we are gettiing more money. Not interested in how exciting things are. I just need an email with the exact amount, NOW.  NOTHING ELSE. Don't want it tied into bonus because FIESA is manipulated to prevent bonuses. You did not hear us "loud and clear." WE WANT MORE MONEY. NOW. We don't want to hear about your studies or your excitement or new ways of exploring things in the usual vague Nuance-speak. Just send an email with the amount and the exact d ...

Where Did The Money Go
Jan 13, 2015

Deleted.   ...

Too Much Time Too Little Money
Mar 03, 2010

Is anyone else as sick and tired of the amount of time spent (not being compensated for) reading about all the fluff at MQ during the last 3 years!  I am so out of here.  It's just a matter of time.  Good Bye MT all together.  ...

Where Does The Extra Money Go?
Sep 27, 2010

I assume that the MT companies set up a contract with the client for them to pay on a per-line basis.  Of course, they charge more than they pay us; that's how they make their money & that's fine.  But what I'm wondering is... when we get a report that comes in as VR instead of straight typing, where does the extra money go, since we get paid less for VR.  I feel like I work just as hard, if not harder on VR than typing a report.  So why don't we make ...

Does Anybody Make Any Money At This? Sm
Jan 18, 2011

I've heard of more MTs NOT making any money than making money.  I've worked from home before but had to work full-time from home and part time at the hospital just to pay the bills then ended up quitting at home and went back to the hospital full time because I could make more money working from the hospital 40 hours than working 60 hours between the two.  I loved working from home but I couldn't make any money at it.  But at the time I only had 2 years' ...

The Q Must Be Making A Lot Of Money Off Me.
Feb 13, 2011

I calculated my hourly pay for this week. Mind you, I gave it all my effort every day this week. Drum roll..... I made $6 per hour. Because we have to be paid at least minimum wage, I get paid $8 per hour. My accounts are 99% ASR. I have been getting paid minimum wage for sometime now. If they weren't making plenty of money off me, they would have let me go some time ago. ...

Money Question
Jul 13, 2011

The physician dictates:  He has had to declare bankruptcy after being several tens of thousands of dollars in debt.  That is how I typed it anyway but I am not sure if that is correct.  Please help! ...

For Those Making Little Money (or Who've Had A Big Cut In Pay) - Sm
Feb 23, 2012

Day after day, I read comments here about people making less than minimum wage... or women who used to make a solid middle class living at this who now cry when they look at their W2... or who made in 2011 what they made in 1993. I'm curious to know why you continue to put up with this.  What is holding you back from seeking a better situation?  What are your circumstances?  Do you have low self-esteem?  Trapped in Appalachia with 2 hours to the closest hospital?  ...

What Happened To The Money???
Oct 08, 2012

I know, I know, but I'm desparate!! I used to work for a company who, I thought, paid extremely well; almost $40,000/year.  Now, I'm a single mom, working from home, full time, and can barely make it pay check to pay check.  Does anyone know a great paying company? Naive, I know, but somebody out there has gotta know something??? I'm not a newbie, I've been transcribing acute care for over 15 years.  But, this is not working out at all.  After my divorce, ...

More Money Editing??
Mar 07, 2013

I have been a transcriptionist for 30+ years. This past year, the hospital I was working for replaced myself and 27 other fabulous ladies with an outside service. I am now working for a service, and 85-90% of the reports I get are editing and the rest transcription. My paychecks are frightening. As far as editing goes, I just don't see it. Am I doing something wrong? ...

MTs Making Big Money
May 07, 2013

Just saw some gab on a mt group on facebook (not naming which), stating that people are out there making 800 a week on straight typing. Where are these jobs...I want one. Now I am not saying they do not exist but seriously I thought this was rare. Is it me or... should I be looking harder. No flaming please. This discussion had me thinking that I missed the boat somewhere or someone is telling tales... ...

Making No Money
Aug 31, 2013

I work for a company that I make NO money.  YES, I am seeking other employment, I'm not just sitting there whining about it, but rather just keeping some income while I look for more income.  I have barely had work this week and even when I do have work, the VR system is so bad that I really don't clear minimum wage.  So, today, apparently they are behind and I'm getting emails every hour or so that say "You ladies need to jump in and help, make this money while you can"  I me ...

Woo-hoo Making The Big Money
Jan 02, 2015

worked a whole 1.82 hours yesterday and so far today the same.  Sure hope things pick up fast.  Hardly making ends meet. Cleaned house yesterday so today I guess I'll sit back and read as the house is quiet.  Hope I don't fall asleep.  HA!   ...

Money Owed
Apr 14, 2015

I haven't filed any tax forms since I've been working here. Not really financially literate But my sister told me that I should file tax form and determined that I owe about $800 for 2014. I thought I made little money as it is let alone have to pay an additional $800 for working at Nuance during 2014. ...

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is!
May 19, 2015

Most of us are trying to find a way out of this deceitful company. The only way to turn it around would be to start paying us a living wage and give us back what you stole. Your fake praise and insincerity are disgusting. Empty words mean nothing! ...

Can You Make Money Just Doing Editing?
Oct 21, 2009

Hello!  Was just wondering about supplementing my MT work with just editing and wondering if it was possible to not only earn good extra $ with it, but if there are actually companies that just need this and how difficult it is to learn how to do it?  Any ideas, opinions, etc., greatly appreciated!   Thanks! ...

Are There Any MMEs Making Money?
Dec 15, 2009

Seriously inquiring as to whether or not there are MMEs out there making what they made when they were just QA.  If so, do you have full listen reports for more than half your day? If so, do you have any helpful hints?  MT/MEs are moving into the MME positions and I feel so bad that they have no idea what they are getting themselves into.  Hope you all make more than me.  As of the new year I will be looking for different employment.  So sad 20 years later and I'm n ...

Axolotl - Anyone Else Losing Serious Money Here?
Mar 03, 2010

Is it only me or is anyone else losing serious money here?  for the past 6 months I have NOT been able to make more than 950 dollars a month take-home.  now with the new program my pay is even less.  Please, is this happening to anyone else or am I being singled out.  no matter what I do I cannot make more than 220 to 250 dollars a week in may paycheck, and am onily getting paid twice a month.  I am short about 6 hours with mmodal now.  IS IT JUST ME they are doing this to?  ...

Cant Make No Money At MQ Anymore
Mar 27, 2010

I have had it..The past 2 paychecks I made approximately $200.00 less..constantly getting work I have never done before from hospitals I have never done because there is no work in my hospitals, constantly having to run searches in DoQManage for reports because I have never done those hospitals before..then we are told there is a certain amount of lines/hour we have to do..there is NOT enough time in an hour to do all this plus transcribe.  MQ..JUST LEAVE US ALONE AND LET US TRANSCRIBE..Let ...

Thanks Everybody- Threat Of Losing Money
Mar 31, 2010

Can't say I am surprised that QA submissions are down- did they think we wanted to work for 1 penny a line- oh wait with my raise it is 1 penny and 2/100 of a cent! ...

Clinic Notes = No Money?
Apr 16, 2010

I lost my primary accounts recently and was switched to an account where most of the jobs are really short clinic-type notes (less than a minute).  This pay period, my paycheck will be over $200 less than it was when I had my primary accounts, and I'm barely making my minimum line counts.  I've been doing this job for a long time and have always had really good line counts before.  I've been feely really down in the dumps like maybe I've just kind of lost ...