A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Clinic notes = no money? - Spring

Posted: Apr 16, 2010

I lost my primary accounts recently and was switched to an account where most of the jobs are really short clinic-type notes (less than a minute).  This pay period, my paycheck will be over $200 less than it was when I had my primary accounts, and I'm barely making my minimum line counts.  I've been doing this job for a long time and have always had really good line counts before.  I've been feely really down in the dumps like maybe I've just kind of lost it and can't do this job anymore, but then the thought occurred to me that maybe it has to do with these short little reports.  Does anybody have any similar experience?  I'm hoping it's just not me!!

I make less money typing lots of short notes than - I do typing a few long ones. -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The reason being, with each report you have to wade through a swamp of demographic garbage before you ever get down to the nuts and bolts of actually TRANSCRIBING. And of course, we all know we don't get paid for time spent on demographics. So, the more reports you do, the more demographics you have to enter, and each time you do, it its into your day. The same is true for radiology - lots of short notes, lots of demographics.

And the clinic notes have so many carbon - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
copies and referring docs, a lot of whom are not in the clinic database and have to be searched. Blah.

It's not you. Have been a top-notch acute care - transcriptionist for 25 plus

[ In Reply To ..]
years. Now doing "clinic" notes. Hate them with a passion. No way to make any money. Like you, I am hip-hip-hooraying when I get my minimum lines in every day. I just keep saying my MQ Mantra -- nothing stays the same, nothing stays the same, nothing stays the same . . .

Thanks...it's nice to know - Spring

[ In Reply To ..]
it isn't just me. At first, I cried because I felt like such a failure. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get my production up. My husband told me I needed to tell my CCM that this account is "crap," but I told him I'm pretty sure she knows that already (plus that just gets you labeled as a complainer)and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't put me on a better account even if I asked.

I would dance a jig to get off clinic notes - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
But when I see people on here posting that they have NJA, I keep tying them and shut up!

Same Here - No money in MT/ME

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm down to making 400 a month (I only work 12 hours a week and that is too much). I'm getting so close to just quitting.

Clinic notes = no money? - blah

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't let anybody in here stop you from complaining on this board, there are things wrong here, and we need to communicate with each other (because WE ARE ALL WE HAVE)

I was complaining yesterday below (BLAH BLAH) because QA started attacking me because I was sick and it was hard to work.

I sent email to my boss extending my hours (no way am I going to make quota in this new account) and said to him I was sick (he extended hours for me, since we aren't locked out yet, and said if I had anything to talk about to call him - blah :)

The QA last night suddenly stopped giving critical/points/etc, though they still nit picked stupid stuff.

TODAY- I'm not getting watched at all (that I know of) So, was the QA person a one night personal thing and the problem is gone, or ?

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT AND YOU HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH DAYS.

Similar Messages:

Question To Those Of You Who Do Clinic Notes...
Jul 28, 2011

Has anyone started to get more work in the last year (in a clinic setting)? It was steady for me a few years ago, and now I am overwhelmed with the amount of dictation I have!! Each of the doctors I work for are seeing wayyy too many patients in one day, thus more dictating, etc.  Im putting in like 10-12 hour days now, whereas I used to only work 5 or 6. They are scheduling the patients all at the same time, making them wait in the waiting room for a couple hours, and ...

Orthopedic Clinic Notes Ad, Anybody Figure It Out?
Mar 31, 2011

I applied to this ad and received an answer.  I got some very vague instructions on how to type the voice file.  Did anybody figure it out?  It sure would be nice to just receive a voice file in the email, transcribe it and then send it back to their email address.  ...

Critical Care MT Getting Clinic Notes?
Sep 06, 2011

Are there any other Tier III critical care MT/editors getting only clinic notes? ...

Radiology Vs Acute Care Vs Clinic Notes
Oct 13, 2009

Which generally pays more? Is there any speciality that generally has a higher cpl rate? ...

Tired Of Progress, Clinic And Office Notes
Jan 06, 2015

Are there any companies anymore who do not do progress notes, clinic notes and office notes?  I want to get back to the basic 4, especially operative notes but they seem to be far and few between.  Maybe it is just me but I cannot get a decent line count when I have to jump from one clinic specialty to another all day long. ...

Typing A Physiatry Clinic Notes - Has Anyone Ever Heard Simvastating
Feb 12, 2015

The doctor says the patient is simvastatin 300 mg, metformin 1000 mg b.i.d., glimepiride 2 mg b.i.d., multivitamin, and calcium.  The patient has myofascial neck and shoulder pain and is diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have never heard of simvastatin given at 300 mg, but was wondering if maybe this is some sort of alternative use for fibromyalgia or whatever.  Anyone?  I reference the only other note that this patient has and it lists simvastatin 300 mg as well, but I'm ...

Is There Any Way To Make Money Doing Clinic Work
May 03, 2011

Now I am talking about decent money, $40,000 a year or more. This is clinic work at 8 cpl for transcription and 5 cpl for VR. Bear in mind that the majority of the work (85%) is VR and that 5 cpl is not too bad for VR. BUT, the majority of the reports are also in the 10 second range. ...

HELP!! My QA Notes Are Not Going Through!
Mar 29, 2010

I just got another email from my QA super saying that I should have left a QA note for a report, however I did. This is the third time this has happened to me. I have called support and they say there is nothing wrong, but I only work 3 hours a day (other full time job during the day) so I remember the reports that I type. Is this happening to anyone else? I've am already on probation and this isn't going to look good obviously, but I don't want to sound like I am making ...

Op Notes
Apr 19, 2010

When everything after heading is numbers (such as IV FLUIDS 1500 ml, EBL 2000 ml, etc.), do you spell out fifteen hundred milliliters and two thousand milliliters?  That is how I interpret the rule of not starting a sentence with numerals, but it really does cloudy the waters and make the op note less easy to read.  ...

QA Notes
Jul 07, 2012

If you insert a QA marker, how do you close the QA note box at the bottom?  Ctrl+C doesn't work.  I have to manually click in the report to get it to close.  Is there a shortcut? ...

To Those Of You Using MQ's Lotus Notes,
Oct 12, 2009

Have you performed your upgrade yet, did you have any problems with it, and are we required to do it?  ...

QUESTION ABOUT OP NOTES Sm
May 24, 2010

I used to specialize in op notes but for the past 3 years I have not found a company where I could solely specialize in op notes so I have kinda gotten rusty.  What I have noticed in the past 3 years is the few op notes that have come my way are by the worst ESL dictators.  Is this a trend in op notes now? Does it seem that they are done mostly by ESLs?  I was just curious as to other MTs recent experience with op notes, especially those who work is mostly op n ...

Would Like To Compare Notes With Others New To MQ,
Apr 16, 2011

especially if you're on a southwestern account and doing editing for the first time.   I started with MQ last month and feel very discouraged, mainly for all the minor negative feedback I'm getting.  I'd like to know how the other new employees are doing so I can get a sense of where I stand.  I keep thinking any day now I'll get a notice I'm fired.   Email me directly and dish it out. ...

Do YOU Get More Lines Doing Op Notes?
Mar 07, 2012

I had op notes added to my q last week.  My line count has went up quite a bit due to the doctors using templates for a lot of op notes and the fact that they say the same things usually.  Anyone else end up with more lines doing op notes?  ...

Surgical Notes
Oct 15, 2012

Did anyone who applied for the Surgical Notes position get a reply? ...

Live Notes, Anybody?
Jun 08, 2013

I have a chance to get in with an MT company that also offers their ICs a chance at live note taking.  It doesn't pay too good, though, less than what the standard reports pay per audio minute.  I have never done this.  Can someone explain to me how it works?  I have heard that "live notes are typed in one pass."  What does this mean? ...

Pend Notes, Etc. How Far Do You Go?
Dec 05, 2013

Did anyone else get the speech again about pend notes being too long? I can understand why they want us to be "professional" about it but if there is an ODD problem (and there always is!), how am I supposed to tell them? Today, it said referring physician was Alan so-and-so, so, there was no ALAN So and so in the list so, I had to leave a blank BUT, the HPI mentions Albert So and So. Um.... okay, but still no Albert so and so.... Then, back to Alan, so and so, then at the end, copy to Albert ...

How To Know Which Notes I Read
Apr 17, 2015

Hi all, I used to be able to tell which notes I read on a forum, because they showed up in a different color. Something got switched on or off, and now I have no idea which notes I've read, and which ones I haven't. I use Google Chrome. A lot of things are different in Google Chrome than IE, and I don't know if this is an IE vs Chrome issue, but if anyone uses Chrome and knows for sure how I can fix this, please let me know. Thanks! ...

Question RE Ortho Op Notes
Jan 05, 2010

Hi, When transcribing ortho op notes, many times the procedure is very very long.  Example:  Right knee arthroscopy, subacromial decompression, capsular release, synovectomy, etc. Do you list these and number them or do you keep them in paragraph form?  Thanks. ...

Where Have All The Op Notes Gone At Every Company? I Can Go Days For My
Jan 10, 2010

mn ...

Article - EHR Notes And Cut And Paste
Jun 16, 2010

Excerpt: Free-text narrative will often be superior to point-and-click boilerplate in accurately capturing a patient’s history and making assessments, and notes should be designed to include discussion of uncertainties.” (italics DMCB). Link: http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2010/05/ehr-notes-cut-paste-documentation-problem.html ...

Do You Get Pain For Cc's On Notes And Letters?
Nov 21, 2011

s ...

Town Hall Notes
Feb 03, 2012

Does anyone have any ideas where I could find samples of town hall notes to get some idea as to how to set the page up?  I did a search and really did not come up with anything.  thanks to all with any ideas, I appreciate them very much!!!! ...

Any Other MMEs Getting ILP Work With QA Notes That Say
Feb 11, 2012

For some reason that makes me want to give it a 100% review.   Thats like hiding someone in your closet and then saying "there's nobody here, but don't look in the closet." ...

How Hard Is It To Learn ER Notes?
Jul 08, 2012

I have 6 years' experience doing acute care, rehab and clinic notes, how hard to you think it would be for me to pick up ER? ...

What Companies Have Lots Of Op Notes? Sm
Sep 08, 2012

Really enjoy transcribing Ops, but Ops have dribbled to few and far between and mostly brief reports on my accounts.  Whatever happened to all the detailed op notes I used to get.  Bored to tears with H&P, DS, and consults. TIA. ...

Non-Word Storage For Notes?
Apr 16, 2013

I'm using a Word-based platform that gets confused if I open a Word document while editing another Word document.  For some reason the Notepad that comes with XP transforms itself to a Word document.  I need to store QA info, lists and notes in a non-word format for reference while workign.  I'd like to know what non-Word program others use for this.  Thanks. ...

Surgical Notes Transcription
Aug 05, 2013

Does anyone work for Surgical Notes Transcription?  I know they do ASC mostly.  Do they hire ICs or employees?   Thanks! ...

Complained About Fracture Notes
Sep 10, 2013

All I did was tell the AM that I log off for the short fracture notes because they don't pay (don't we all?). Next thing I know HER boss is emailing me about how they are going to be monitoring me for this now, and how unprofessional it is to log off for jobs I don't like and that I better shape up or else. I admit it was an obnoxious, albeit honest, thing for me to say, but does she have to run to her boss about it instead of telling me herself?  I am really mad at Accentus ...

Question About SOAP Notes
Jul 21, 2014

I'm curious about something and I hope you all can clarify it for me.  I've always understood that when using a SOAP format, you do not use headings such as HPI, physical examination, review of systems, etc.   I've got a situation at work where initially we were to use HPI, ROS, PE, etc., no matter what the dictator said.  This was for a variety of reasons but a lot of it had to do with the coders.  Now, the directive is to use the heading the dictator says.& ...