A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Easy High-Paying Jobs - Berta

Posted: Mar 10, 2012

Not saying anyone would ever possibly want to get OUT of MT, but if there should be some lunatics on the board who are thinking this way, well...

Some nice ideas. - Rainy

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually thought about becoming a librarian, but glad I didn't as libraries in my area are threatened with closure yearly. Wouldn't mind being a voice actor so I could make just 1 film: An instruction film on how to dictate properly.

Hey, I know the guy who wrote this! (for real) - LOL (sm) - MTontheGo

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, those hair colorists at the nice salons make bank. Can't ever be outsourced, either.... Hmmmm....

Thanks, Berta! I added it - Looking

[ In Reply To ..]
That was a good piece. I added it to my desktop for future reference.

That said, I do take issue with 2 of the jobs listed: x-ray tech and dental technician. X-ray techs are being abused (see my recent post about my friend who is now NOT paid for on-call time, only on-call HOURS WORKED) now too. When people lose their jobs they lose dental insurance, and many people put off dental work -- everything from regular cleanings to NECESSARY work, like having bridges made. As a result, in a poor economy like this one dental offices lose patients.

OH, 1 more thing.. - Looking

[ In Reply To ..]
Dental care will eventually be included in Obamacare... That ENSURES lower wages down the road.

Obama Care - JW

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope Obama Care goes away. I wouldn't take it if it was he last thing on earth. Yes, I have put off some dental work because I have been unemployed since Thanksgiving. I know I'm not alone.
More people receiving health care=more health care jobs - Yay, President Obama! nm
[ In Reply To ..]
I've worked all my life and never had dental - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Too bad. MANY employers offer it, but you don't - Reader
[ In Reply To ..]
MANY employers offer dental -- in fact, most that offer medical offer dental as well. But of course the employee does not have to opt in.

Similar Messages:

Best Paying Jobs
Mar 01, 2014

I have been a working MT since 1989.   I make $400-500 a week.   I work approximately 6 hours  a day for this.    Is this an accurate pay?    I would like to hear from other MTs and what are the best paying companies to work for.    ...

Ten Lowest-Paying Jobs In America
Jun 05, 2011

If you are making less than $8.91 per hour at medical transcription, you make less money per hour than:   Fast Food Cook - $8.91/hr Food Prep Worker/Server - $8.95/hr Dishwasher - $8.98/hr Hair Shampooer - $9.20/hr Counter Attendant, coffee shop - $9.27/hr Dining Room/Cafeteria Helper - $9.29/hr Restaurant Hostess - $9.42/hr Amusement Park Attendant - $9.50/hr Cashier - $9.52/hr Farm Laborer - $9.64/hr   Source:  Forbes.com     ...

Working At These Terribly Low-paying MT Jobs.
Dec 09, 2012

I have a couple of questions.  What happens if you don't make at least minimum wage as an employee?  A few questions down, it is calculated around $5/hr if the poster makes what she says.  Do they fire you if you are under minimum wage?  How do they keep MTs at that low, low rate? Also someone pointed out "it's even as an IC."  Curious (I'm really confused) why it matters if you are IC or an employee.  Obviously there are benefits, but aren't yo ...

Doctor Going From Tapes To Wave Files--what Software Is Easy To Install, Easy To Use And Inexpensive
Apr 29, 2010

Do I have to buy the dictation equipment or the doctor?  Can I use the software with moer than one client?  We are moving and this is key to keeping my job.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks so much in advance for all help! ...

S/l Loprozol 50 Mg BID. Pt Has A Hx Of Type II DM, HTN, High Lipids, High Lipids, Heartburn, Neurop
Jan 12, 2010

x ...

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

Probably An Easy One, I'm New At This.
Jun 18, 2010

FINDINGS PA and lateral views. Comparison exam 4/30/07. The lungs appear clear. Cardiomediastinal silhouette is within normal limits. IMPRESSION Unremarkable chest. <???> changes from 4/30/07 exam.   I was thinking it sounded like "No speculative changes" but it's very blurred and sort of sounds like "noticed the beginning of changes" but that doesn't make much sense. I just can NOT make out what the dictator is saying! A more experienced MT will probabl ...

Here's How Easy It Is
Mar 14, 2012

Make a sign - use cardboard, paint, real easy.  It will say  "OCCUPY M*MODAL" or "OCCUPY ACCENTUS" (I just pull names out of a hat).  Then list one or two of the most egregious abuses on the sign.  Extra points for humor or good zingers. Go stand somewhere in public.  Maybe connect up with Occupiers in your area.  Just stand there with your sign.  Have a friend take a pic,and post it online.  Maybe stand outside a local hospital or other health care clini ...

Bayscribe Is Easy To Use?
Feb 17, 2011

I just found out that the company I work for is going to start using Bayscribe next week. I never heard of it untill now.  I currently use Word with my own word expander. Does any one know if it is productive and easy to use? ...

Easy Bike?
Feb 15, 2012

The patient is recovering from a broken hip.  She is supposed to use her Easy Bike?  Is that correct spelling or is it something else?  Thanks. ...

What Is An Easy Way To Tell The Difference Between These Two?
Mar 23, 2012

Procyte and Prosight I know that Prosight is a multivitamin.  I found both on WebMD's drugs and meds A-Z.  There was no information on Procyte.  It was just listed as Procyte Top.  I was not aware that there was a Procyte until earlier today.  The doctor dictated "And be careful you use the correct one, but I am unsure of the spelling."  That confused me a bit, so I did some research and the only place that I found any mention of Procyte was on WebMD.  An ...

Is Webmedex Platform Easy To Use?
Jan 16, 2010

Do you have to go to a lot of screens to enter demographic data?  Is there a lot of downtime?  Is the VR program fairly decent or are they putting every dictator on it and then the MLS has to straighten it out.     ...

How To Look Like An Idiot In 3 Easy Steps
Feb 21, 2010

I made my resume approximately 7 years ago.  Since that time, when searching for new employment opportunities, I have added recent experience, PC upgrades, new software, new training, etc, to my resume and sent it out updated with what currently applies.  In the past 10 days, I have sent my resume to approximately 50 companies in my newest search for work.  In the past 7 years, I have sent my resume to probably 200 potential employers. Today, for the first time, I received a re ...

Ortho - Easy To Learn?
Mar 17, 2010

Hello!  I have been contacted to do some ortho backup which I have never done.  Just wondering how difficult this is to learn.  They tell me all docs are pretty good dictators.  TIA. ...

It's Pretty Easy To See One Of The Problems With
Jul 13, 2010

...and probably those of some other companies as well.  Transcend supervisors are expected to oversee teams of up to 35 MTs, keep the account in TAT, mentor their people to improve their performance, ride herd on "mavericks", monitor the account status and do all of the other typical supervisory chores.... ....while transcribing 75 to 80% of the time.  ....in exchange for which they are paid a stipend of $700 a month. Now, there is so much wrong with this picture that I won't b ...

Easy Workup Reading?
Jun 24, 2011

"Chest:  Clear to auscultation bilaterally with s/l an easy workup reading.  He had equal breath sounds heard throughout." I don't know what "easy workup reading" actually is. ...

There Is No Easy Way In Word To Cap After Colon Is There?
Dec 05, 2014

a word expander like Speed Type would do that?  And can you use Speed Type along with MS Word?  And transfer over all your AutoCorrect entries easily?  I emailed the company but haven't heard from them.  : ( ...

Easy Assemble 24 Dot Matrix Printer
Jan 20, 2011

Does anyone know if there is an easy to assemble 24 dot matrix printer? ...

Coding Credentials Made Easy!
Jan 12, 2012

People who are new to coding get confused about credentials. There is some great information in the pages below if you read what has been written on here for months, and I definitely recommend doing that. You will learn more than you can imagine.  I thought I would try to put it in a short,  easy-to-understand format, specifically designed for MTs who are transitoning to coding. CCS and CPC - Impressive! Marketable skills. This is comparable to a medical transcriptionist who can type ...

Escription - Is This An Easy Program To Learn?
Aug 20, 2013

Is this an easy program to learn? I have applied for a few posiions and was wondering about it. ...

Is ByteScribe An Easy Platform To Learn?
Sep 29, 2014

d ...

TTS Good Dictators, Easy Platform, Etc.?
Feb 07, 2015

Two questions please: Does anyone working on the new oncology account and if so, how is it? Good dictators, easy platform, etc.? Secondly, is it just me or does TTS have more paperwork for a new hire than I have ever seen in my life? I've surpassed 75 pages at this point and the emails are still coming!! I've never worked for an MTSO that does this. ...

EScription - Good, Bad, Easy, Difficult, Frustrating
Nov 14, 2011

How is the eScription software - good, bad, easy, difficult, frustrating, blah, blah ...

Is Meditech Hard To Learn And Easy To Make $$?
Aug 02, 2012

Thinking of applying to KS.  The position I would apply for uses Meditech.  I have only used Escription, so how do these compare?  Thanks !! ...

I Will Be Starting Soon For A Company That Uses The Emdat Platform, Is This Easy To Learn, Etc.? Sm
Oct 16, 2014

I have never worked for a company that uses a platform before, always an FTP site and word, so this is new to me.  Is it hard to learn, easy to count line count, etc.?? I am bringing up old messages here that say nothing but negative about it and I'm starting to get nervous, but those were from 2008 or so, so maybe it's better now??  ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

Paying For Course
May 28, 2013

Has anyone found any type of loan to pay for your coding programs at Andrews or Career Step that has lower payments than the school payment plans? I'm not saying their price is unreasonable. I just can't afford the payments or to pay outright.   Thanks, Kat ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

We Will All End Up Paying For Benchmark KB Etc!!!!
Mar 11, 2010

So we are all expecting to get the Benchmark KB etc etc....but did anyone but me notice that it says for 2010? I will bet that that means we will have it free for the remainder of 2010 and then have to pay something to keep it after 2010. ...

SS Paying Early
Jan 21, 2011

Waiting with baited breath for someone to repost all of the SS pays early testimonies.  cracking me up - its always good to laugh uncontrollably. anyone ever read a P&P manual? ignorance is bliss.  ...