A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TTS Good dictators, easy platform, etc.? - ConfusedMT

Posted: Feb 07, 2015

Two questions please: Does anyone working on the new oncology account and if so, how is it? Good dictators, easy platform, etc.? Secondly, is it just me or does TTS have more paperwork for a new hire than I have ever seen in my life? I've surpassed 75 pages at this point and the emails are still coming!! I've never worked for an MTSO that does this.

Are you sure you are filling out papers for - TTS?

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have worked on oncology then should not have issue.

I have no idea why 75 pages. I never filled out that many, any time.

Paperwork - ConfusedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't mean that were 75 to fill out, but 75 I had to print off to complete the employment paperwork necessary, to read in order to complete 2 tests that you have to pass! I just find it daunting that any company needs to send out so much information to hire someone and was only wondering if this is the only company who does this, as I have never experienced such before.

As for the oncology account, I was simply asking if it is good or bad?

You're absolutely right! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Was really surprised by the amount of new hire paperwork and preliminary stuff they require before you even start. They're not paying any better than any of the other MTSOs out there, so why so much hassle?

Too Much! - ConfusedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have NO idea, but it never ends! Did you take the job with them? It seems it gets more confusing and I totally agree, if they were paying maximum wage, okay I could understand, but for all that paperwork and all they want you to do on the job, I don't know if this was a good idea or not!!

Similar Messages:

Is Webmedex Platform Easy To Use?
Jan 16, 2010

Do you have to go to a lot of screens to enter demographic data?  Is there a lot of downtime?  Is the VR program fairly decent or are they putting every dictator on it and then the MLS has to straighten it out.     ...

Is ByteScribe An Easy Platform To Learn?
Sep 29, 2014

d ...

I Will Be Starting Soon For A Company That Uses The Emdat Platform, Is This Easy To Learn, Etc.? Sm
Oct 16, 2014

I have never worked for a company that uses a platform before, always an FTP site and word, so this is new to me.  Is it hard to learn, easy to count line count, etc.?? I am bringing up old messages here that say nothing but negative about it and I'm starting to get nervous, but those were from 2008 or so, so maybe it's better now??  ...

EScription - Good, Bad, Easy, Difficult, Frustrating
Nov 14, 2011

How is the eScription software - good, bad, easy, difficult, frustrating, blah, blah ...

Doctor Going From Tapes To Wave Files--what Software Is Easy To Install, Easy To Use And Inexpensive
Apr 29, 2010

Do I have to buy the dictation equipment or the doctor?  Can I use the software with moer than one client?  We are moving and this is key to keeping my job.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks so much in advance for all help! ...

I Do Believe My Supervisor Keeps All The Good Dictators For Herself.
Feb 20, 2014

I recently started a new job and at first had a really good mix of good dictators, middle of the road dictators and bad ones. Just the normal stuff. It's a new account and I was asked to provide a list of the doctors who were good dictators, which I did. Now, after providing the list, I get none of those dictators on that list, and I mean NONE. All I get are the horrible dictators from hell, day in and day out. I didn't think that my supervisor also transcribed except from a coupl ...

So I Had (miraculously) MOSTLY Good Dictators
Dec 13, 2014

with the most horrendous sound quality, ESLs who were dictating all over the place, took me forever to fix the report (was a VR report that I had to retype completely)....and wouldn't you guess...those were the ONLY THREE reports that got QA'd today!!  Coincidence...I doubt it!!!!  This place SUCKS ...

Why Is Escription Considered A Good Platform?
Jan 24, 2010

nm ...

Good Editing Platform Besides Escription?
Sep 18, 2013

Have worked with Escription, liked it, just wondering if there is another good VR platform someone is working in that they think is okay. Thanks ...

Lousy Dictators - Crappy, Hard To Understand Dictators, Both ESL And English-speaking
May 17, 2014

Today I will make less than half of what I normally get because all I've gotten today are crappy, hard to understand dictators, both ESL and English-speaking.  Seems like all I get lately are the hard to understand, mush-mouth dictators.  Guess Nuance doesn't want their MTs making quota.  Sorry.  I just had to vent. ...

Probably An Easy One, I'm New At This.
Jun 18, 2010

FINDINGS PA and lateral views. Comparison exam 4/30/07. The lungs appear clear. Cardiomediastinal silhouette is within normal limits. IMPRESSION Unremarkable chest. <???> changes from 4/30/07 exam.   I was thinking it sounded like "No speculative changes" but it's very blurred and sort of sounds like "noticed the beginning of changes" but that doesn't make much sense. I just can NOT make out what the dictator is saying! A more experienced MT will probabl ...

Here's How Easy It Is
Mar 14, 2012

Make a sign - use cardboard, paint, real easy.  It will say  "OCCUPY M*MODAL" or "OCCUPY ACCENTUS" (I just pull names out of a hat).  Then list one or two of the most egregious abuses on the sign.  Extra points for humor or good zingers. Go stand somewhere in public.  Maybe connect up with Occupiers in your area.  Just stand there with your sign.  Have a friend take a pic,and post it online.  Maybe stand outside a local hospital or other health care clini ...

Bayscribe Is Easy To Use?
Feb 17, 2011

I just found out that the company I work for is going to start using Bayscribe next week. I never heard of it untill now.  I currently use Word with my own word expander. Does any one know if it is productive and easy to use? ...

Easy Bike?
Feb 15, 2012

The patient is recovering from a broken hip.  She is supposed to use her Easy Bike?  Is that correct spelling or is it something else?  Thanks. ...

What Is An Easy Way To Tell The Difference Between These Two?
Mar 23, 2012

Procyte and Prosight I know that Prosight is a multivitamin.  I found both on WebMD's drugs and meds A-Z.  There was no information on Procyte.  It was just listed as Procyte Top.  I was not aware that there was a Procyte until earlier today.  The doctor dictated "And be careful you use the correct one, but I am unsure of the spelling."  That confused me a bit, so I did some research and the only place that I found any mention of Procyte was on WebMD.  An ...

How To Look Like An Idiot In 3 Easy Steps
Feb 21, 2010

I made my resume approximately 7 years ago.  Since that time, when searching for new employment opportunities, I have added recent experience, PC upgrades, new software, new training, etc, to my resume and sent it out updated with what currently applies.  In the past 10 days, I have sent my resume to approximately 50 companies in my newest search for work.  In the past 7 years, I have sent my resume to probably 200 potential employers. Today, for the first time, I received a re ...

Ortho - Easy To Learn?
Mar 17, 2010

Hello!  I have been contacted to do some ortho backup which I have never done.  Just wondering how difficult this is to learn.  They tell me all docs are pretty good dictators.  TIA. ...

It's Pretty Easy To See One Of The Problems With
Jul 13, 2010

...and probably those of some other companies as well.  Transcend supervisors are expected to oversee teams of up to 35 MTs, keep the account in TAT, mentor their people to improve their performance, ride herd on "mavericks", monitor the account status and do all of the other typical supervisory chores.... ....while transcribing 75 to 80% of the time.  ....in exchange for which they are paid a stipend of $700 a month. Now, there is so much wrong with this picture that I won't b ...

Easy Workup Reading?
Jun 24, 2011

"Chest:  Clear to auscultation bilaterally with s/l an easy workup reading.  He had equal breath sounds heard throughout." I don't know what "easy workup reading" actually is. ...

There Is No Easy Way In Word To Cap After Colon Is There?
Dec 05, 2014

a word expander like Speed Type would do that?  And can you use Speed Type along with MS Word?  And transfer over all your AutoCorrect entries easily?  I emailed the company but haven't heard from them.  : ( ...

Easy Assemble 24 Dot Matrix Printer
Jan 20, 2011

Does anyone know if there is an easy to assemble 24 dot matrix printer? ...

Coding Credentials Made Easy!
Jan 12, 2012

People who are new to coding get confused about credentials. There is some great information in the pages below if you read what has been written on here for months, and I definitely recommend doing that. You will learn more than you can imagine.  I thought I would try to put it in a short,  easy-to-understand format, specifically designed for MTs who are transitoning to coding. CCS and CPC - Impressive! Marketable skills. This is comparable to a medical transcriptionist who can type ...

Easy High-Paying Jobs
Mar 10, 2012

Not saying anyone would ever possibly want to get OUT of MT, but if there should be some lunatics on the board who are thinking this way, well...     ...

Escription - Is This An Easy Program To Learn?
Aug 20, 2013

Is this an easy program to learn? I have applied for a few posiions and was wondering about it. ...

Is Meditech Hard To Learn And Easy To Make $$?
Aug 02, 2012

Thinking of applying to KS.  The position I would apply for uses Meditech.  I have only used Escription, so how do these compare?  Thanks !! ...

ARRRGGGGGHH! I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators.
Jun 19, 2010

A new ESL dictating a DS. Can't speed him up because he's too "new" (to this country?). He is spelling every other word!!!!!! AND then spells it again - extubated, e-x-t-u-b-a-t-e-d, extubated e for elephant, x for crosses, t for tom, u for umbrella, b for .......... get the picture (sigh)? On top of that, the report is 28 minutes long!!! Should never have gotten out of bed this morning. LOL I do feel bad for him that he doesn't realize he doesn't have to spell every other ...

"easy Mask" Anesthesia. Need Correct Spelling. Sm
Oct 08, 2011

The patient was put to sleep using "easy mask."  Can anyone tell me if this is a brand name, and if so how is it spelled?  I can't find it in my references nor by googling.  Thanks! ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

Pain Radiation In Chest Pain - Should Be Easy But I'm
Nov 08, 2010

I'm going completely blank on this one.  The patient entered the hospital for chest pain.  The doc states:  (blank sounds like gel, or jail)   He denies any current discomfort but states when it is present it is usually a mild to moderate degree of pressure about the chest.  He denies any radiation to the _____, arms, or back. ...