A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I will be starting soon for a company that uses the Emdat platform, is this easy to learn, etc.? sm - itype

Posted: Oct 16, 2014

I have never worked for a company that uses a platform before, always an FTP site and word, so this is new to me.  Is it hard to learn, easy to count line count, etc.?? I am bringing up old messages here that say nothing but negative about it and I'm starting to get nervous, but those were from 2008 or so, so maybe it's better now?? 

Emdat - MTer

[ In Reply To ..]
It is super easy to use. You can go to the Emdat Inscribe website and download it for free. You can then get a login so that you can go in and "play" with it. See website for more info. No worries. I love EMdat.

Thank you - makes me feel a bit better:) nm - itype

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I agree with MTer - Very easy to learn

[ In Reply To ..]
I had never worked with it either until I took a new job this year and it was one of the easiest platforms I've used. I was able to start on it by just going through the tutorial. No training needed.

So good to know- thanks! nm - itype

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Is ByteScribe An Easy Platform To Learn?
Sep 29, 2014

d ...

Does Anyone Work For The Australian Company NTS? Or Use The Emdat Platform?
Apr 28, 2015

I can't find a lot about them in the archives. They are definitely not Nuance. I'm not familiar with the Emdat platform, either, and would appreciate opinons on that. I just got an offer from them and am seriously considering it. They cannot be worse that the American MTSOs. Can they? Thanks so much. ...

Ortho - Easy To Learn?
Mar 17, 2010

Hello!  I have been contacted to do some ortho backup which I have never done.  Just wondering how difficult this is to learn.  They tell me all docs are pretty good dictators.  TIA. ...

Escription - Is This An Easy Program To Learn?
Aug 20, 2013

Is this an easy program to learn? I have applied for a few posiions and was wondering about it. ...

Is Meditech Hard To Learn And Easy To Make $$?
Aug 02, 2012

Thinking of applying to KS.  The position I would apply for uses Meditech.  I have only used Escription, so how do these compare?  Thanks !! ...

How Hard Is Emdat To Learn?
Mar 28, 2014

Would also like to know if it is conducive to production? Thank you. ...

Is Webmedex Platform Easy To Use?
Jan 16, 2010

Do you have to go to a lot of screens to enter demographic data?  Is there a lot of downtime?  Is the VR program fairly decent or are they putting every dictator on it and then the MLS has to straighten it out.     ...

TTS Good Dictators, Easy Platform, Etc.?
Feb 07, 2015

Two questions please: Does anyone working on the new oncology account and if so, how is it? Good dictators, easy platform, etc.? Secondly, is it just me or does TTS have more paperwork for a new hire than I have ever seen in my life? I've surpassed 75 pages at this point and the emails are still coming!! I've never worked for an MTSO that does this. ...

Starting A Job On Emdat Inscribe..
May 24, 2011

x ...

Emdat Platform
Oct 12, 2009

Is this system difficult. Is it voice recognition? ...

How Is The Emdat Platform? Nm. Thanks.
Apr 02, 2015

x ...

Has Anyone Used Emdat/Inscribe Platform
Jun 12, 2011

Has anyone used Emdat/Inscribe platform, if so how is it?  I'm not familiar with this and wondering how it is to use.  TIA. ...

Emdat Platform Question
Mar 07, 2012

Our team leader emailed us today to say that they are looking into a new platform called Emdat.  Does anybody have any experience using this software that they can share?  Thank you so much.  Kim.  ...

Can SpeedType Be Used In EMDAT Platform?
Jul 31, 2014

I am thinking about taking a position using an EMDAT platform.  This is not a big company, just a nice woman who works from home and employs a number of transcriptionists.  I have never worked in a platform, so really have no clue what this entails.  My biggest concern is being able to use SpeedType, as I have thousands of entries and rely on it heavily to do my work.  The thought of using another word expander, building a dictionary, etc., does not thrill me.   The ...

Doctor Going From Tapes To Wave Files--what Software Is Easy To Install, Easy To Use And Inexpensive
Apr 29, 2010

Do I have to buy the dictation equipment or the doctor?  Can I use the software with moer than one client?  We are moving and this is key to keeping my job.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks so much in advance for all help! ...

Does Anyone Know Whether Or Not The EMDAT Platform Is Compatible With InstantText? Nm
May 26, 2010

nm ...

EMDAT Inscribe Platform. Info Please
Mar 15, 2012

I just installed this on my computer.  Wow, I was dumfounded.  I have trained to learn Escription, DocQScribe, Pscribe and Chartnet.  I really don't think I am that stupid to learn a new platform, but this has to be the most complicated program I have ever seen.  I did not give up right away -- that is not in my nature.  But after struggling for about 2 hours, I finally gave up.  Honestly if they tried, I don't think the maker of this program could have ma ...

Any Companies That Use Emdat Inscribe Platform?
Feb 05, 2014

Hi...in spite of prior negative remarks about this platform, in my opinion it can't be easier. So simple and convenient. I think my job as an IC is going to be eliminated without warning and am doing a preliminary job search. Anyone know of any companies that are decent and use the Emdat Inscribe platform? I wonder, since Nuance owns Emdat....you don't suppose only Nuance can use the platform? ...

Looking For Medical Transcription Job Using The Emdat Platform
Jun 02, 2014

Looking for medical transcription job using the Emdat platform.  Any suggestions?     ...

Emdat Platform Install Question...
Aug 30, 2014

Do you know if IE 10 is compatible to install Emdat?   Feedback please if I need to remove and downgrade IE to 9.  I have IE 10 and download would not complete.  Thanks. ...

Seeking Some Basic Help On How To Use Emdat Inscribe Platform
Jan 10, 2014

Would anyone be interested in helping me learn the basics on how to use the inscribe emdat platform?  There is a job I could have only they do not offer training; it is all done by your own by reading the manual.  I am not so good at understanding things that way and just have a few questions... Just throwing this out there... If anyone is willing, please email me through MTStars.  Thank you for consideration, BansheeMT ...

Emdat Platform? Any Comments On User Friendly?
Aug 29, 2014

a ...

Emdat InScribe - Companies Besides Phoenix And ZyloMed That Use This Platform?
Apr 20, 2010

Anyone know of companies besides Phoenix and ZyloMed that use this platform? ...

How Do You Perform A Search On Prior Reports In The EMDAT/Inscribe Platform?
Mar 19, 2013

I am looking for a way to search for terms and/or phrases across all reports using the Prior Report feature in the EMDAT/Inscribe program. For example, I pull up the prior progress notes for Dr. **** because I am looking for some of the phrases he uses in the Physical Exam section or a particular phrase or a word, etc. Is there a search feature where I can type in “Physical Exam” and the program will search and stop on each of these instances from the prior report listing until I fin ...

EMDAT Company
Oct 10, 2011

Is there any way to find out the transcription company's name from the company code that we use while logging in EMDAT? ...

Emdat Company?
Jun 22, 2012

I'm confused.  I interviewed for an IC position for what they said is an Emdat company.  But looking online, Emdat is a platform, not an MT company.  Can someone please clarify?  The rates are really low for an IC and they don't pay for characters that are in normals.  Plus she said you work for all different accounts--just log on and grab work off the system when you're scheduled.  Is that on the up and up?  How can you have a schedule and ...

I'm Starting To Demand To Know A Line Rate In Initial Contact W/company
Feb 06, 2011

... or they tapdance around the question, I'll bluntly refuse right then and there. I saw some positive remarks, so I thought, on here not long ago so I applied to FastChart.  Then after that, find comments about their low pay rate.  I just got a response back from them after about 2 weeks.  Unless someone is truly desperate and needs to take anything they can get, please try to start demanding a line rate before you waste your time testing and jumping through all those hoo ...

Is EScription A Company, Platform, Or What? Nm
Dec 21, 2014

. ...

Futurenet Company And Platform Are Wonderful!
Jul 23, 2010

Finally loving to work again.  The people, company and platform are wonderful!!!!   After 20 years to find such a company exists gives me hope for our industry. ...

Need To Learn New Accounts Or Learn DEP
May 26, 2011

Just got an e-mail today that we have to learn new accounts with new account specifics, in addition to working on our present account. They are sending our present account to India, but still keeping some of it. I don't know which would be easier - volunteering for a new account or learning DEP. I was told that if we start to type on DEP, they will have to send us a new computer with new programs, because we can't have Cornerstone and DEP on the same computer (probably).  I did a ...