A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Constant auditing until can't even work anymore - Fed UP

Posted: Jan 20, 2014

I currently work for one of the nicest and kindest companies and that are known for treating their employees with respect and kindness, hardly. I have been doing this for 15 years now and doing at home for 4 years and never had this problem. I being constantly picked apart and audited and t hreatened that I'm physically sick and so nervous to work that I can't make enough to pay the bills anymore. Now I'm even on 100% QA which decreases my pay even more. They have never showed me one of my audits for the past almost 4 years and now all of a sudden I'm failing all the time. I really want to ask if they are pushing me out!!

They probably are, sad to say - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They are trying to establish a case for letting you go, making it your fault, so that they don't have to pay higher unemployment rates or deal with age, gender, or racial discrimination complaints.

If they can get you to quit first, so much the better for them.

This is what happens . . . they take on new accounts, with the MTs who do them. They switch them to VR, resulting in less need for the MTs on staff. They have to push them out, and the undesirables go first. That may be the complainers, the inaccurate ones, and the ones making higher pay or getting benefits.

Really, if you have not begun preparing for a new career, you need to. The big MTSOs are all active in front-end SR, which requires no MTs at all. Not to type, not to edit.

If this is one of the "nicest & kindest" companies, - that sure doesnt say much for the rest. (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
What is "nice" or "kind" about a company that tortures its employees like this?

I read it as sarcasm (nm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Constant Complaining...?
Jan 07, 2013

I just have to ask, in all sincerity, why does everone on here just bash all of these services to death?   I have rarely found a good word from people about the places that they've worked for.   You mean no one has had an enjoyable moment at any of these companies??  It just seems very odd to me that this is the way this board is run.... Is this really the case....that ALL of these services are garbage?  Come on....There has to be some service that is a decent ...

Constant Sitting
Jan 29, 2015

With MM's restrictions on pretty much everything, how often does everybody get up to take a break?  Previously I could get up and stretch, walk away for a few minutes before downloading the next job, but now I get reprimanded for inactive time.  How long do you work before standing up?  Do you stand and work at the same time sometimes.  I have severe RLS and to top that off my chair is like sitting on a brick.  Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks! ...

Everything They Do Is Geared For CONSTANT Turnover
Jun 25, 2014

People in, people out. Like a giant sucking funnel pulling us down and out as fast as the Board of Directors acquires hundreds coming in with each new hospital or clinic account "acquisition."  The pressure on you and me to quit is purposeful. It is what they PREFER. That way they don't have to keep firing people. Their luck with firing can run out and they know it. (Just the right lawyer, just the right set of documents proving their wrongdoing, just the right claim) could get ' ...

Constant Use Of Profanity By A Boss At My Company?
Feb 14, 2010

I have a supervisor at my company who constantly uses profanity when I speak to her on the phone, and constantly bashes MTs and other employees, so I'm sure she bashes me to others as well.   She even does this on conference calls.  I am always shocked at this behavior each and every time she does it. I find this so unprofessional and it makes me very uncomfortable, but I don't want to tell the owner/HR person.  It makes the company look bad.  How would you ha ...

Newbies, Know It Alls, And Constant Complainers
Jul 26, 2014

I don't understand why when newbies ask valid questions they are answered by rude know it alls who have 5+ years' experience and think they are much better than someone just starting out.  We all used to be newbies.  I have 20+ years' experience and I do not think I know everything. I learn something new everyday and am willing to help anyone who needs help. Also, MTs that complain their hands hurt from editing all day, try straight transcribing all day long without usin ...

I Am Tired Of Getting Constant Emails About Client Audits.
Nov 04, 2013

Always 3-4 emails after a week's worth of work with the 'corrections'. It is frustrating because I cannot hear what they say was dictated! If I am so bad at this, why keep me?? Although, who knows, maybe other people are getting more emails than I am. Of course, this was an account the TSM was so angry with our group because we "only" scored 99.5% accuracy and thus failed our audit. Can't wait until I am outta here! ...

Wondering If Anyone In My Group (constant Mandatory OT Of Late) Is Having Trouble, Sm
Jan 11, 2014

with this.  Almost daily now I am getting email saying mandatory OT.  I know this is great and should not complain as we could all use more money but I do this PT for a reason and have a jammed pack scheduled around my work schedule.  If time allows, I will gladly do it but I am starting to feel stressed out about these daily emails.  Do you all work every MANDATORY OT or do you ignore, just wondering because I really do not want to call my whatever she is called these days.& ...

Auditing
Jan 23, 2015

if they review at all of our work but because most are 100 percent, they don't upload to Fiesa, just choose ones with 99 percent or below and occasionally throw in one that is 100 percent to make it look good!!  I do NOT trust anythng they do and would not put it past them. We have no way of listening to even make sure that what they audit us on is accurate.  I am so paranoid that I think they may even change things that we type to make it an error!  So disgusted..... ...

Qualified For Auditing
Mar 31, 2010

Since Audits are affecting us so deeply at this point and possibly costing us our livelihood, I began to wonder WHO is doing the auditing?  We have lost most of the decent QA people (or will as of tomorrow when nothing will be routed to QA anymore).  I know that several of the CTLs, CCMs or whatever the acronym of the hour is currently called, have been morons and sent out E-mails filled with grammatical and punctuation errors, and some have not even been MTs before.  Shouldn ...

Auditing Of Reports Sent To QA
May 12, 2010

Back in April I sent 2 charts to QA.  They were both audited.  You think those charts were chosen at random? I passed with 99-100%, but it's still the principle of it all that gets to me!   ...

Auditing Question
Sep 19, 2012

Since July 1, I have had over 40 documents with over 1800 lines audited. I'm curious to know if other Nuance MTs have had a similar experience and a similar volume of audits. ...

New Auditing Team
Oct 24, 2013

Alas, our 99.6% audits are no longer being done by our local BOB QA person but by an official MModal auditing team.  I wonder if they are as illiterate as the Mmodal corporate types.  Happy Halloween, now that's scary.  Kind of makes me picture the 3 witches in Macbeth, toiling over a pot of our work, creating mayhem. ...

Over Zealous Auditing
Nov 27, 2013

Does anyone else feel the assignment of error scores are excessive?  Do you get major errors for things that should be minor?  So disheartening.  ...

Anybody Else Notice That Auditing Seems Less?
Aug 23, 2014

Is it just me or is there less auditing being done??  Probably the calm before the storm.  I had gotten so used to nasty emails every one but haven't had any at all which is really unusual. ...

Does Anyone Know What Medical Record Auditing Is?
Jan 24, 2011

My community college offers this course and I would like to take it.   ...

Who Is Left Who Can Perform 99.6% Auditing On Us?
Nov 09, 2013

Seriously, the only person I trusted for corrections was my QC.  If they are not going to be doing the audits, who is?  MMEs are just upper grade MTs who were suckered into working for less pay.  MModal has fired/laid off/chased off most of their competent MTs.   I can hardly wait until I get my first (and probably last) required audit.  A 99.6% accuracy requirement from this company of corporate incompetents is hysterically funny. ...

Notice About Auditing Jobs
Dec 04, 2014

Guess they are planning on upping the amount of QA they do.  Memo listed 6 open QA jobs.  You can bet they are going to try to keep us in the lower section on that grid if possible. ...

Does Anyone Know The Pay For The Advertised Auditing Jobs?
Dec 08, 2014

Just wondering if it's worth the transition in this company or if I should get away from Scruance entirely. (I love that word. Thank you to the original author.) To me, the fact that they are advertising for MANY auditors is extremely telling. I don't buy the 1% to 2% of a day's reports being audited. I think it will be much higher than that in order to SCREW us even more. ...

More Inconsistency With Post-Auditing...
Jan 04, 2015

Late last week I recieved an email communication about how they will only audit reports that were transcribed/edited during the current work week, only to log on this morning (I'm off Fri and Sat, so Sun morning is the 1st day of my week) to find that I had a post audit score below 99% that was audited on Saturday, so obviously it was edited last week sometime.  If I don't start my week until Sunday, how on earth can they audit a report on Saturday that was submitted the week prio ...

Auditing Reports From "helper" Accounts?
Aug 24, 2012

Up until now (12 years with this company) I have not failed an audit, always 99% or above, and they do an audit once a month on my accounts plus the client audits. We recently were given "helper" accounts for 2 days when our work got low and I was more than happy to help out, as always. There were many difficult ESL dictators and complicated CPs. I did not think they chose reports from unfamiliar "helper" accounts to do their monthly audits as it had never happened to me before, but I was ...

I Can't Take It Anymore!!
Jan 18, 2010

I have had 6 (SIX!) reports come through, all having the same mush-mouthed, fast talking, whispering, ESL doctor.  Oh, and the sing-song thing is really about to make me blow my stack. I swear, he is so bad that I can't even understand the patient's name!!!! I am going to pull my hair out.  Yep, I feel it coming.  It takes me forever just to get through ONE of his reports.  He gets so many blanks that I honestly feel sorry for the QA person that end ...

Not An MT Anymore!!
Apr 25, 2011

Working at .075 cpl for ScribeRight I made a whopping 12K in 2009. Wow - let's all run out and take MT classes to jump on that bandwagon.  Anyway, I quit my MTSO pimp and went to work for a well-known Italian restaurant chain in 2010. I work in the kitchen 6 hours a day for 5 days a week (Mon-Fri lunch shift with no nighttime or weekend shifts) and make about 15% more than I did as an MT. I am not an IC anymore but rather an employee, so I saved a bunch on my social ...

I Just Don't Know Anymore
Feb 27, 2012

My bubble has been burst.  I was with eTransPlus when the Q swallowed them up and then I left.  Now, I'm with another MTSO and it's awful.  I've only been MTing for 5 years.  I was an office nurse (LPN) for 13 years before that and I wanted a change.  My first job was with a great company and then the huge acct I was on was bought out by an MTSO, so I had the choice of being laid off or going to IC status.  I chose to be laid off thinking I could draw ...

I Can't Do This Anymore
Aug 01, 2013

I just cannot do this anymore with MMmodal.  I cannot sit here for 14 hours a day for 800 lines.  I am completely broke, have no food in the house, and am more depressed than I have ever been in my entire life.  I'm in a constant state of panic, have been sending out applications and resumes, but am so far in the hole financially I will never get out.  I just don't understand how a company can do this to people and live with what they are doing.  I cannot even ...

I Cant Take It Anymore. What Can We Do
Aug 29, 2013

Reading these posts, watching women post about how to work the system to keep their piddly minimum wage/unemployment coming in while MM finds yet another way to screw us over.  It makes me sick to think of what we have become.  The experience we have, the expertise we are still expected to have, and yet we sit here discussing how to keep getting our minimum freakin wage. Do you not all see how WRONG THIS IS?  All we do is complain, or let them beat us down until we quit. How is i ...

Sorry, I Can't Take This Anymore!
Mar 03, 2014

The endless berating of my work and the poverty level wages that go with it are more than I can deal with anymore.  I'd take a job doing most anything to get out of this drudgery.  Unfortunately with years of doing this, it's hard to even get a job at a hamburger joint! ...

Seriously VR? You're Not Even Trying Anymore...
May 17, 2014

2 in 1 day: VR: scrotal tenderness s/b: throat tenderness (the patient was female!) VR: no tomatoes s/b: no organomegaly I have to laugh at this job or else I'll cry. Geez! ...

OOW So Often Anymore
Jun 19, 2015

I sometimes watch the boards and see number of people discontent with Nuance and looking for something else .  In the back of my mind is "maybe they leave and I will get more work." Feel bad having this attitude, but ... WHen this grid started out I was making significantly more than I had been.  Now of course the OOW situation has put a stop to that.  I also think QA has gotten a little more aggressive towards us.  We are turning on each other like a pack of wolves.  ...

New Auditing "rules"...really?
Nov 12, 2014

Now in addition to monthly audits, we are receiving WEEKLY audits so they can pick through our work and find more "errors!"  Got dinged for semicolon, dash, and even word that was not clear at all, but it is being "verified" and if "they" (whoever "they" are) can figure it out, I will be held accountable for that also!!!  What is going on here??  ...

How Do You Search Anything On Here Anymore?
Oct 21, 2009

How do you search anything on here anymore?  If I want to check past posts on a particular company, etc.?  Did they do away with that?  If so I don't think that was a great idea.  I like to be able to look up info here by doing searchs of old posts first to see if my questions were already answered.  I don't want to waste someones time if they just answered the same question last week, etc. Can I still do a search and if so how? Thanks! ...