A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Seriously VR? You're not even trying anymore... - clb

Posted: May 17, 2014

2 in 1 day: VR: scrotal tenderness s/b: throat tenderness (the patient was female!) VR: no tomatoes s/b: no organomegaly I have to laugh at this job or else I'll cry. Geez!

Can't believe how VR messes things up - even with good dictators.

[ In Reply To ..]
:(

Bizarre VR - TiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
:p

Punctuation constantly wrong. Lists (numbered or not) - baffle VR completely...

[ In Reply To ..]
The punctuation ability of VR is just about on a par with an eggplant, but lists probably get my goat the worst. You can count on having to either number a list that wasn't numbered, re-number lists that it screws up, or even "un-number" lists every goldang time.

MEDICATIONS:
Aspirin.
1. Diltiazem.
2. Coumadin 3 mg Monday and Friday.
5. mg on other days of the week.
Vancomycin.
Milk of
7. Magnesia.

AAAARGH!

Similar Messages:

I Can't Take It Anymore!!
Jan 18, 2010

I have had 6 (SIX!) reports come through, all having the same mush-mouthed, fast talking, whispering, ESL doctor.  Oh, and the sing-song thing is really about to make me blow my stack. I swear, he is so bad that I can't even understand the patient's name!!!! I am going to pull my hair out.  Yep, I feel it coming.  It takes me forever just to get through ONE of his reports.  He gets so many blanks that I honestly feel sorry for the QA person that end ...

Not An MT Anymore!!
Apr 25, 2011

Working at .075 cpl for ScribeRight I made a whopping 12K in 2009. Wow - let's all run out and take MT classes to jump on that bandwagon.  Anyway, I quit my MTSO pimp and went to work for a well-known Italian restaurant chain in 2010. I work in the kitchen 6 hours a day for 5 days a week (Mon-Fri lunch shift with no nighttime or weekend shifts) and make about 15% more than I did as an MT. I am not an IC anymore but rather an employee, so I saved a bunch on my social ...

I Just Don't Know Anymore
Feb 27, 2012

My bubble has been burst.  I was with eTransPlus when the Q swallowed them up and then I left.  Now, I'm with another MTSO and it's awful.  I've only been MTing for 5 years.  I was an office nurse (LPN) for 13 years before that and I wanted a change.  My first job was with a great company and then the huge acct I was on was bought out by an MTSO, so I had the choice of being laid off or going to IC status.  I chose to be laid off thinking I could draw ...

I Can't Do This Anymore
Aug 01, 2013

I just cannot do this anymore with MMmodal.  I cannot sit here for 14 hours a day for 800 lines.  I am completely broke, have no food in the house, and am more depressed than I have ever been in my entire life.  I'm in a constant state of panic, have been sending out applications and resumes, but am so far in the hole financially I will never get out.  I just don't understand how a company can do this to people and live with what they are doing.  I cannot even ...

I Cant Take It Anymore. What Can We Do
Aug 29, 2013

Reading these posts, watching women post about how to work the system to keep their piddly minimum wage/unemployment coming in while MM finds yet another way to screw us over.  It makes me sick to think of what we have become.  The experience we have, the expertise we are still expected to have, and yet we sit here discussing how to keep getting our minimum freakin wage. Do you not all see how WRONG THIS IS?  All we do is complain, or let them beat us down until we quit. How is i ...

Sorry, I Can't Take This Anymore!
Mar 03, 2014

The endless berating of my work and the poverty level wages that go with it are more than I can deal with anymore.  I'd take a job doing most anything to get out of this drudgery.  Unfortunately with years of doing this, it's hard to even get a job at a hamburger joint! ...

OOW So Often Anymore
Jun 19, 2015

I sometimes watch the boards and see number of people discontent with Nuance and looking for something else .  In the back of my mind is "maybe they leave and I will get more work." Feel bad having this attitude, but ... WHen this grid started out I was making significantly more than I had been.  Now of course the OOW situation has put a stop to that.  I also think QA has gotten a little more aggressive towards us.  We are turning on each other like a pack of wolves.  ...

How Do You Search Anything On Here Anymore?
Oct 21, 2009

How do you search anything on here anymore?  If I want to check past posts on a particular company, etc.?  Did they do away with that?  If so I don't think that was a great idea.  I like to be able to look up info here by doing searchs of old posts first to see if my questions were already answered.  I don't want to waste someones time if they just answered the same question last week, etc. Can I still do a search and if so how? Thanks! ...

Does Anyone REALLY Love Their Job Anymore?
May 11, 2010

Lately I have talked to many friends who are all disillusioned with their careers.  The state of the economy has made it worse, but I really think the problems existed before that happened.  They come from all walks of life and all occupations.  Everyone seems to want out of whatever they are doing.  The ones I have spoken to include teachers, attorneys, nurses, doctors, police officers and of course MTs. Anyone out there know someone with a great and (as stable a ...

No $ To Be Made As An MT Anymore
Sep 03, 2010

Just thinking out load, so please bear with me.  I took the summer off to evaluate how I feel about restarting back to work into the MT field.  I have many bitter-sweet feelings.  Over 24 years ago I started in the MT industry and have done this working out of my home.  I have raised my kids basically alone working a job that I absolutely thrived and loved doing.  Now, it doesn't even pay us minimum wage for our Years of knowlege and skill sets we ha ...

MT Just Is Not For Me Anymore, Vent
Jun 17, 2011

Low pay, poor benefits, expected to work your fingers to the bone every day for pennies while the supervisors take several days off a month, inconsistent QA. Plus, the fact that I am a very shy, introverted person and need to be around other people at a job outside the house. I will never be able to support myself on an MT salary. I am getting out of this business. It's sucking the life out of me. ...

I Don't Want To Listen Anymore
Nov 19, 2010

This doctor is absolutely disgusting.  I have umpteen jobs for him and he is constantly coughing and snorting up his snot.  I can't take it any more.  It is so gross.  He sounds like a snorting PIG.  On top of that, he's constantly forcefully flipping through the pages of the chart and it must be right near the microphone because it feels like it's going to break my eardrums.  All I can do is keep calling him nasty names...he's such an idiot, jer ...

You Know What, I Don't Care Anymore
May 31, 2011

I started in this profession back in the late 70s, learning "in house, on the job," my first job working from home, was when my kids were approximately 9 and 11 and obviously, not infants.  My mother was dying at that time, and I answered a local ad in the paper to pick up tapes in 1997 and transcribe for 5 cents a line.  Fast forward to the early 90s, we now have the "Lady Madonna Syndrome" -- meaning, I want to stay at home with my six or more children, home school and be SUPER mamma ...

Is MT Even Worth It Anymore????
Jan 06, 2012

I guess I just need to vent/rant for a minute.  I have been an MT for over three years now.  I seem to be one of the few who prefers VR over ST.  I worked for Spheris before MQ gobbled them up, and I thought they were a great co. to work for.  They paid 5 cpl for VR, which is pretty good if you can edit 300-400 lph.  Then came the Q, and it was okay for a while, but then the Spheris accts. were offshored and there went the Cornerstone accts., and Cornerstone was a great ...

I'm Mad As Hell And I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore
Feb 29, 2012

Having a really bad day.  Waiting to hear back on a job interview.  Thought I would have heard by now.  Don't feel like I can take one more day here.  Tried to log onto the "Ask You-Know-Who" thing. Gave me some excuse about why it didn't work. Anybody know how to e-mail him directly? I have nothing to lose at this point. Don't think I will reallly be losing anything in benefits.  I may as well not have them now for all the good they do. Can't go to ...

I Can Say This Now Because I Don't Work Here Anymore.
Aug 12, 2013

to know........  I questioned my TSM about those figures at the end of your time cards, the  QA percentage?  Mine kept going up and down in HUGE margins week after week.  From 1% clear up to 18%, then down to 11%, back up to 25% and on and on and on.  So.....I confronted her about it.  THIS is what she told me...."I am a stickler for figures and your previous TSM didn't keep a lot.  This will change in the upcoming weeks as soon as I get a handle on them.& ...

Cannot Hack This Anymore
May 17, 2014

I just cannot hack this job anymore. I am seriously considering just giving my notice effective immediately. I'm tired of these mush mouthed, rude, inconsiderate, etc ad nauseum. I'm tired of getting nitpicked over stupid crap like punctuation or hypens or semi colons. Do I have something to fall back on? No. Would I end up on the street? Most probably. But a weight would be off my shoulders and I would not have to dread clocking in. I would not have to dread looking a vandymu ...

If Only I Didn't Have To Do This Anymore
Nov 21, 2014

It's just all I can do to sit here and type these boring reports.  Been doing it for 33 years so please, no comments about how I should have investigated it before I got into it.  I loved it when it was inhouse.  Been home now since 1999 and I'm just so freaking bored.  Stop every 5 minutes just to surf the internet or check my email.  I cannot keep my mind on this mind-numbing job. I'm about to start a coding class, but I'm not terribly optimistic t ...

Is Anyone Happy As An MT Anymore?
Jan 24, 2015

Does anyone still enjoy their job in MT?  I only come here occasionally for word help but when I do I notice all of the negative jobs about pay, work, etc.  I'm wondering... does anyone in MT still enjoy what they do?    Let's start an enjoyable post maybe to inspire others to look for another position or maybe even remember why they liked their job to begin with.   :)  I know, I know.... I'm a glass half full kind of girl.  :)  I enjoy th ...

Does It Even Matter Anymore?
Feb 18, 2015

https://www.kalibrr.com/advice/2015/02/top-4-reasons-why-good-employees-quit/     I'm sure it falls on deaf ears... I absolutely got the message that they don't care!   ...

Don't Care Anymore
Apr 09, 2015

If your quality metrics expectations weren't set so humanly-impossible-to-achieve high and you weren't so nit-picky about simple, insignificant errors then maybe we wouldn't have so many accounts on the "consecutive audit failure" list.  And what else do you expect when you throw people into accounts they know nothing about and still expect them to perform at 100%, 100% of the time, while still making lph and keep within the limits of your stupid inactive time and all for pen ...

Does Anyone Pay 9 C/line Anymore?
Apr 28, 2015

Are there any companies who hire ICs or employees that pay 9 c/line straight typing, or 6 c/line for editing? Or should I just give up? ...

Are There Any Tier 3 MTs Anymore? Are They All MMEs? N/m
Nov 10, 2009

z ...

So Glad I Don't Work For MQ Anymore
Mar 20, 2010

I've been sitting here reading all the garbage about MQ and their "yET ONE MORE" great idea  HA.  I can't believe it....well, yes, I can.  They have come up with yet one more terrible idea (that won't last) and a way to "cheat" the transcriptionist/editor out of more money!!!!!!  "Right the first time" and docking 3 cpl if you send too many reports to QA....GOOD GRIEF!  I feel another class action suit about to be filed.  LOL LOL  Anyway, I ...

Does Anyone Know If MQ Does A 401K Match Anymore?
Mar 23, 2010

I'm wondering if I should just stop contributing at all.  I remember they used to, low as it was, at least it was something--like IF they made money, MAYBE they would and then a very low percentage, like 25 cents to the dollar?  Prob a mute point even asking.....but just wondering if they nixed that.  My sister is complaining because her company used to do a 100% match and now she only gets 75%.  Boo hoo!  At least she has a match.....I'm sure ours is now so ...

Cant Make No Money At MQ Anymore
Mar 27, 2010

I have had it..The past 2 paychecks I made approximately $200.00 less..constantly getting work I have never done before from hospitals I have never done because there is no work in my hospitals, constantly having to run searches in DoQManage for reports because I have never done those hospitals before..then we are told there is a certain amount of lines/hour we have to do..there is NOT enough time in an hour to do all this plus transcribe.  MQ..JUST LEAVE US ALONE AND LET US TRANSCRIBE..Let ...

Does Anyone Do Straight Typing Anymore?
May 11, 2010

I've been away from the msg boards awhile. Is there any company out there big or small, that still does transcription the "Old fashioned way", typing instead of VR?  I've tried the VR, Hate it, make no money.  Surely there is a company out there somewhere that still values us and pays decently??  anyone? ...

Are There Any MTs Making Anywhere Near 12-15 Cpl Anymore...jeeeeeze!
Dec 03, 2010

What has happened within the past few years? Is the overhead so 'over head' that we can't even scrape up 10 cpl much less the 12-15 cpl? ...

Is There Any Point Working MT Anymore?
Jan 22, 2012

I am so frustrated making pennies on reports.  I worked 30+ hours and got $176.  Who can live on that?? I want to be home with my kids but I am wondering if this is worth it anymore.   Cat ...

Does Anybody Check Their Feedback Anymore?
Jul 06, 2012

I'm kind of getting tired of the same people making the same mistakes over and over again even after I leave feedback.  I make sure to copy and paste the rules out of the client profile, DQS Standards, and BOS2, so that they know I'm not blowing smoke or on a power trip.  I don't mess with commas or the like.  What I fix is stuff that will fail an audit.  Really, I'm not trying to be mean or nitpick; I just want the US MTs to look good by passing their aud ...