A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Auditing reports from "helper" accounts? - Sick

Posted: Aug 24, 2012

Up until now (12 years with this company) I have not failed an audit, always 99% or above, and they do an audit once a month on my accounts plus the client audits.

We recently were given "helper" accounts for 2 days when our work got low and I was more than happy to help out, as always. There were many difficult ESL dictators and complicated CPs. I did not think they chose reports from unfamiliar "helper" accounts to do their monthly audits as it had never happened to me before, but I was wrong. Only one of the 6 reports they chose were from my regular familiar accounts!!

I failed this audit at 98% with 1 critical error for a lab value plus the added up small errors that don't alter the meaning of anything and a missed CP instruction.

I challenged it, but ya all know how that goes.  

I will never help out on another account again, would rather take the day off with no pay than risk losing my job and reputation. I mean, there was plenty of month left for them to get in an audit on me with reports from my regular accounts. The final chip has been made on the loyalty thing, their loss.  

Thanks for listening to my vent

This is precisely why the "helper pools" should not - be allowed

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no way one can possibly jump in and just do the work on all these accounts with no "training" time. I dont care how good you are or how long you have been at this. Things will get missed in the profiles and it takes time to become familiar with the accounts and dictators for those accounts.

Only a NON-MT would say that you should be able to jump right in.

Thank you - Sick

[ In Reply To ..]
It is so easy to miss stuff when you are already stressed and spending way more time than usual on unfamiliar ESL docs just trying to figure out their poor attempt at English, not to mention going back and forth between CPs, while trying not to let your line count suffer to the point you get "talked" to about that.

I have enough experience to be able to jump in on any account and no big deal to me, but to pick that time to audit as if you have been working these accounts for a long time is just unrealistic to expect a perfect score, and I consider 99% as close to perfect as one can maintain consistently on familiar accounts.

Similar Messages:

Auditing Of Reports Sent To QA
May 12, 2010

Back in April I sent 2 charts to QA.  They were both audited.  You think those charts were chosen at random? I passed with 99-100%, but it's still the principle of it all that gets to me!   ...

First Time Right Sucks When There Are No Reports To Look Up On "NEW" Accounts
Oct 05, 2010

:( ...

The Doctor's Helper
Jul 12, 2010

I was just offered a job with "The Doctor's Helper"  Has anyone worked with this company?  I was burned by DIT Transcription and don't want the same thing to happen again.  Is this a safe, reputable company? ...

How Many Are Working In Helper Pools Now?
Aug 10, 2010

I'm PT, and I have had a dramatic reduction in hours for the past 2 weeks, along with helper pools making up 95% of the work I do get, of course assuming there is no NJA.  Is it just me?  Am I on the hit list? I do make 9 cpl on straight, but I type mostly ASR. ...

No More Helper Pools Starting September.
Aug 21, 2013

I get so many accounts that I don't know whether they are helper accounts or not. Just when I give a sigh of relief because I have had steady work since the layoffs, looks like they are going to pull the rug out again. My pay is pitiful, but I need this job until January when I finish school and hopefully get a job. ...

CCM Cutting Helper Pools So People Will Change Schedule
Sep 15, 2011

So had work for 2 days out of the week with no problems and then all of a sudden an email appears that help is needed for the weekend and also wanting people to change their schedules to the weekend.  All of a sudden, no jobs available appear.  Apparently, work is just cut off until people start volunteering to change their schedule or volunteering to cover hours on the weekend and when some poor schmoe changes their schedule or volunteers, all of a sudden we have work again.  Tot ...

Auditing
Jan 23, 2015

if they review at all of our work but because most are 100 percent, they don't upload to Fiesa, just choose ones with 99 percent or below and occasionally throw in one that is 100 percent to make it look good!!  I do NOT trust anythng they do and would not put it past them. We have no way of listening to even make sure that what they audit us on is accurate.  I am so paranoid that I think they may even change things that we type to make it an error!  So disgusted..... ...

Qualified For Auditing
Mar 31, 2010

Since Audits are affecting us so deeply at this point and possibly costing us our livelihood, I began to wonder WHO is doing the auditing?  We have lost most of the decent QA people (or will as of tomorrow when nothing will be routed to QA anymore).  I know that several of the CTLs, CCMs or whatever the acronym of the hour is currently called, have been morons and sent out E-mails filled with grammatical and punctuation errors, and some have not even been MTs before.  Shouldn ...

Auditing Question
Sep 19, 2012

Since July 1, I have had over 40 documents with over 1800 lines audited. I'm curious to know if other Nuance MTs have had a similar experience and a similar volume of audits. ...

New Auditing Team
Oct 24, 2013

Alas, our 99.6% audits are no longer being done by our local BOB QA person but by an official MModal auditing team.  I wonder if they are as illiterate as the Mmodal corporate types.  Happy Halloween, now that's scary.  Kind of makes me picture the 3 witches in Macbeth, toiling over a pot of our work, creating mayhem. ...

Over Zealous Auditing
Nov 27, 2013

Does anyone else feel the assignment of error scores are excessive?  Do you get major errors for things that should be minor?  So disheartening.  ...

Anybody Else Notice That Auditing Seems Less?
Aug 23, 2014

Is it just me or is there less auditing being done??  Probably the calm before the storm.  I had gotten so used to nasty emails every one but haven't had any at all which is really unusual. ...

Does Anyone Know What Medical Record Auditing Is?
Jan 24, 2011

My community college offers this course and I would like to take it.   ...

Who Is Left Who Can Perform 99.6% Auditing On Us?
Nov 09, 2013

Seriously, the only person I trusted for corrections was my QC.  If they are not going to be doing the audits, who is?  MMEs are just upper grade MTs who were suckered into working for less pay.  MModal has fired/laid off/chased off most of their competent MTs.   I can hardly wait until I get my first (and probably last) required audit.  A 99.6% accuracy requirement from this company of corporate incompetents is hysterically funny. ...

Notice About Auditing Jobs
Dec 04, 2014

Guess they are planning on upping the amount of QA they do.  Memo listed 6 open QA jobs.  You can bet they are going to try to keep us in the lower section on that grid if possible. ...

Does Anyone Know The Pay For The Advertised Auditing Jobs?
Dec 08, 2014

Just wondering if it's worth the transition in this company or if I should get away from Scruance entirely. (I love that word. Thank you to the original author.) To me, the fact that they are advertising for MANY auditors is extremely telling. I don't buy the 1% to 2% of a day's reports being audited. I think it will be much higher than that in order to SCREW us even more. ...

More Inconsistency With Post-Auditing...
Jan 04, 2015

Late last week I recieved an email communication about how they will only audit reports that were transcribed/edited during the current work week, only to log on this morning (I'm off Fri and Sat, so Sun morning is the 1st day of my week) to find that I had a post audit score below 99% that was audited on Saturday, so obviously it was edited last week sometime.  If I don't start my week until Sunday, how on earth can they audit a report on Saturday that was submitted the week prio ...

Constant Auditing Until Can't Even Work Anymore
Jan 20, 2014

I currently work for one of the nicest and kindest companies and that are known for treating their employees with respect and kindness, hardly. I have been doing this for 15 years now and doing at home for 4 years and never had this problem. I being constantly picked apart and audited and t hreatened that I'm physically sick and so nervous to work that I can't make enough to pay the bills anymore. Now I'm even on 100% QA which decreases my pay even more. They have never showed me ...

For Anyone That Works At TTS Are The Accounts Difficult Accounts And
Jul 09, 2013

how is the platform.  I know people have negative comments about them but are there any positive ones.  I would only try it PT and IC.  Not sure that would work out or not.  ...

I Assume The Bayscribe Accounts Are The Old MDI-MD Accounts -- Sm
Jan 30, 2014

is that correct? If so, are CB and DF still involved? I love Bayscribe, and I was thinking about biting the bullet and applying to Nuance for some PT work, but I kind of butted heads with the 2 ladies and so I don't want to waste my time. Thanks for your input. ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

New Auditing "rules"...really?
Nov 12, 2014

Now in addition to monthly audits, we are receiving WEEKLY audits so they can pick through our work and find more "errors!"  Got dinged for semicolon, dash, and even word that was not clear at all, but it is being "verified" and if "they" (whoever "they" are) can figure it out, I will be held accountable for that also!!!  What is going on here??  ...

How To Get Your Own Accounts?
Nov 05, 2009

Hello, I have been a transcriptionist for a couple of years now.  I wound like to try and get my own accounts.  I live in a heavily populated area where there are tons of doctors offices.  I am unsure how I should go about this.  Do I start calling these offices?  Do I make up a flyer?  Do I stop in and drop off my resume.  Any ideas or thoughts you would like to share with me would be greatly appreciated!  If you would like you can also email me.&nbs ...

How Many Accounts Can You Do In A Day?
Jun 28, 2010

I am sick to death of being bounced all over the place!  I would love to force the QA lead and CCM to swich every 10 minutes as well... Now in the south, switch, now in the north, switch, now in the west... Yeah, just try and keep track of all of these accounts.  THIS IS FLIPPIN CRAZY having to check the client profile with every darn job! I feel like creating my own darn client profile today and not one of these accounts are gonna like it. ...

Anyone With Their Own Accounts?
Oct 07, 2010

Recently I was told the account I've been on for the past decade is going to voice recognition.  Having worked on a VR platform briefly, I know I don't want to get screwed making half the money with longer hours. I really hated it and did almost as much typing then as now - only at half the rate.  That being said, has anyone gone out and found a couple of docs locally to transcribe on their own?  I guess I'd have to buy a call-in system?  Just seems like it w ...

Getting Your Own Accounts
May 16, 2011

A couple of years ago I obtained an LLC, took a webinar on how to run a transcription business as far as getting ideas on file transfer services, fees, etc.  However, because I had to work full-time I never found time to pursue beyond that, or I guess I just chickened out basically.  I guess I am thinking I would just start calling locally.  I already checked with a college friend, who is a general practitioner.  Of course, they are entering data themselves and not using tran ...

VA Accounts
Nov 10, 2011

Can anyone let me know who some of the companies are that transcribe for VA accounts for example OK City, Kansas City, etc. Thanks! ...

Getting Own Accounts
May 21, 2012

Any advice on getting own accounts?  I was thinking about making a page with my info on it.  My specialty is psych transcription.  Can I just send out my info page to various psych clinics to see if they are looking for a transcriptionist?  Any advice on what to charge?  I was thinking 10cpl.  Any advice on this is welcome.  ...

Looking For My Own Accounts
Aug 29, 2012

I'm going to be sending out brochures to doctors' offices in my area.  I'm wondering which specialties would be the best ones to target - i.e., more likely to outsource their transcription to an individual transcriptionist, least likely to have EMR or EPIC. I can do most specialties, but it would help knowing which ones to try first so I can save money & time. Would appreciate any ideas/suggestions from your own experience. ...