A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wondering if anyone in my group (constant mandatory OT of late) is having trouble, sm - wondering

Posted: Jan 11, 2014

with this.  Almost daily now I am getting email saying mandatory OT.  I know this is great and should not complain as we could all use more money but I do this PT for a reason and have a jammed pack scheduled around my work schedule.  If time allows, I will gladly do it but I am starting to feel stressed out about these daily emails.  Do you all work every MANDATORY OT or do you ignore, just wondering because I really do not want to call my whatever she is called these days. 

Mandatory OT requests - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
I ignore, in fact I have my PC or whatever she is called, # go to voicemail. I took work PT for a reason and they can force you to change schedules but they cannot request mandatory OT per the Labor Board in my state. So I ignore. I may need the lines, money, but my time from this place is priceless.

Failure to plan on THEIR part does not constitute an emergency on MINE - No OT

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not work OT, "mandatory" or not. I went to PT status because after 20 years here FT was far too much aggravation to deal with. Turns out I make the same working PT (after giving up MME, take advantage of me and pay me nothing for my work status). As for the OT - they can jump on and clear out the work. I am tired of the panicked notes that the work is building....big deal!

Mandatory BS - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I will do it if I want to,,,not because they say I HAVE to..they cant force OT..I went a year and a half and never worked any, regardless of what they said and Im still here..

Mandatory OT - Waste of my time

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to jump at every chance I got to do OT, not any more. You are so worn out and the money is a pittance. I would have been better off taking a walk and getting some fresh air. This company cannot keep asking and asking and giving nothing in return. When I am not working, I do not check any e-mails or answer the phone. You want to pay me to be on call, then I will. I feel everyone needs to stand up to this gestapo of a company and until they start treating us fairly, then the worm will turn. Let voice do it or India! That's all they ever rave about anyway; we are "pond scum" as someone posted!

By the way ... - CCN

[ In Reply To ..]
Just so everyone knows, there is no such thing as "mandatory" overtime. It's against the law to force your employees to put in more than 40 hours ... overtime is, and has always been, OPTIONAL.

In fact, part time employees are no longer allowed BY LAW (this is Federal, not an "MModal-ism") to work more than 29 hours without the employer making healthcare available. That is why many TSMs are almost rabid when a member of their team goes over 29 hours. If yours isn't abiding by this new Federal law then they are in violation of it. That is thanks to the Affordable Healthcare Act guidelines.

Any TSM, or other manager who tries to force "mandatory OT" should be reported to the labor board. Trust me, they won't do it twice.

By the Way - Good to know

[ In Reply To ..]
That was very informative and I think that is how these places get away with what they do, because all the MTs are so demoralized and brow beaten, they don't know about these things or where to check on them. I agree about part time. I see so many ads on Craigslist for PT jobs and they are 30-34 hours a week; c'mon, give me a break. PT to me is 20 hours, maybe 24, but not that many. They don't want to pay for benies. So with the law on our side, let's just say fughedaboutit and let MM bite it!

You should also know ... - CCN

[ In Reply To ..]
That filing a report with the labor board is also completely anonymous.

By the Way - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Well that explains why they let all the part timers go..I knew Obamacare changed the part time thing and insurance, never saw it in that perspective..That's why I keep getting phone calls asking me to work over. Not gonna do it, they can keep calling all they want, not gonna happen..
Part-timers - Evelyn
[ In Reply To ..]
As far as letting all the part-timers go, not so in my case. Ever since they did that "cleaning" of the part-timers, I've been waiting for the call. I've been wanting the call, but I continue to be employed. I've been messing around with my schedule -- still here. NOT doing OT -- still here. It's frustrating.

However - Evelyn

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think the PT-ers would be paid OT rate. We're just supposed to do the extra hour of work. Our notice said that this applies to any PT who works less than 28 hr/wk so mgr is covered.

The whole thing is ridiculous. They nickle and dime you for everything and then expect you to kiss their feet when they "allow" you to do extra work.

Mandatory OT - Evelyn

[ In Reply To ..]
I think we're in the same boat. My group has had mandatory OT almost daily for a while. I do the extra hour when I can but not very often. The kicker is that the high volume is from an acct that will be leaving soon, so I wonder what the rush is.

Similar Messages:

Wondering If Any Other MQers Are Having Trouble Logging Into MQCentral Email?
May 06, 2010

x ...

Constant Complaining...?
Jan 07, 2013

I just have to ask, in all sincerity, why does everone on here just bash all of these services to death?   I have rarely found a good word from people about the places that they've worked for.   You mean no one has had an enjoyable moment at any of these companies??  It just seems very odd to me that this is the way this board is run.... Is this really the case....that ALL of these services are garbage?  Come on....There has to be some service that is a decent ...

Constant Sitting
Jan 29, 2015

With MM's restrictions on pretty much everything, how often does everybody get up to take a break?  Previously I could get up and stretch, walk away for a few minutes before downloading the next job, but now I get reprimanded for inactive time.  How long do you work before standing up?  Do you stand and work at the same time sometimes.  I have severe RLS and to top that off my chair is like sitting on a brick.  Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks! ...

Everything They Do Is Geared For CONSTANT Turnover
Jun 25, 2014

People in, people out. Like a giant sucking funnel pulling us down and out as fast as the Board of Directors acquires hundreds coming in with each new hospital or clinic account "acquisition."  The pressure on you and me to quit is purposeful. It is what they PREFER. That way they don't have to keep firing people. Their luck with firing can run out and they know it. (Just the right lawyer, just the right set of documents proving their wrongdoing, just the right claim) could get ' ...

Constant Use Of Profanity By A Boss At My Company?
Feb 14, 2010

I have a supervisor at my company who constantly uses profanity when I speak to her on the phone, and constantly bashes MTs and other employees, so I'm sure she bashes me to others as well.   She even does this on conference calls.  I am always shocked at this behavior each and every time she does it. I find this so unprofessional and it makes me very uncomfortable, but I don't want to tell the owner/HR person.  It makes the company look bad.  How would you ha ...

Constant Auditing Until Can't Even Work Anymore
Jan 20, 2014

I currently work for one of the nicest and kindest companies and that are known for treating their employees with respect and kindness, hardly. I have been doing this for 15 years now and doing at home for 4 years and never had this problem. I being constantly picked apart and audited and t hreatened that I'm physically sick and so nervous to work that I can't make enough to pay the bills anymore. Now I'm even on 100% QA which decreases my pay even more. They have never showed me ...

Newbies, Know It Alls, And Constant Complainers
Jul 26, 2014

I don't understand why when newbies ask valid questions they are answered by rude know it alls who have 5+ years' experience and think they are much better than someone just starting out.  We all used to be newbies.  I have 20+ years' experience and I do not think I know everything. I learn something new everyday and am willing to help anyone who needs help. Also, MTs that complain their hands hurt from editing all day, try straight transcribing all day long without usin ...

I Am Tired Of Getting Constant Emails About Client Audits.
Nov 04, 2013

Always 3-4 emails after a week's worth of work with the 'corrections'. It is frustrating because I cannot hear what they say was dictated! If I am so bad at this, why keep me?? Although, who knows, maybe other people are getting more emails than I am. Of course, this was an account the TSM was so angry with our group because we "only" scored 99.5% accuracy and thus failed our audit. Can't wait until I am outta here! ...

Before It's Too Late
Apr 29, 2010

A note below states company is hounding her about equipment that she returned.  Before this happens to you, TRACK your equipment online and when it's picked up by your company, print it out.  I'm keeping mine for at least a year, maybe forever.  It shows the date, time, exact location, person's name who received it, etc.  There would be no denying that at all. Please protect yourself!  It happens more than you'd like to think. ...

Late Pay
Apr 30, 2013

I need some advice. I am an IC who works for a transcription company and is constantly being paid late. I am currently 4 months behind on pay. My daily emails for pay are not being answered and there is no communication whatsoever at this point. I love the hospital I work for and have stayed with this company a long time because of this. It is very normal for me to be at least a month to 2 months behind on pay at all times, sometimes 3-4 months. As an IC, do I have any recourse? Is there anythin ...

Drug S/l Zi-the-no-zi-late. Does Not Say What It Is Used For.
Jul 22, 2010

x ...

Keystrokes Late Pay
Feb 28, 2011

Really????  3 days late on pay?  How are we supposed to take care of our financial responsiblities now?  It has been my experience in the past that when this happens, the company is usually a goner.  So, Keystrokes, are you a goner?  Do we need to look for other jobs, or will you not tell us and will we be out of work and out of pay and on Welfare? ...

Late Payment
Nov 14, 2013

So, I have worked for this person since 2007.  In the beginning everything was WONDERFUL.  Great to work for, plenty of work, fairly decent wage, etc.  Now for the last couple of years pay has been increasingly late.  I was originally set for pay days on the 1st and the 15th.  A couple of years ago it changed to the 5th and the 20th, which is fine, I can handle that.  that started being late so I said I would change it in my mind to the 10th and the 25th so I wouldn ...

Late In Coming, But,
Mar 03, 2014

apparently I was only employed by Nuance thru last December.  Starting in January I was employed by Transcend.  This is as per the state unemployment benefits office.  They were really interested that my check stubs said Transcend/DBA as Nuance out of Mass., and the W2s only had Transcend out of Melbourne, Florida.  Asked me questions about it, but told them I had never noticed when Transcend was added to the check stubs, which I didn't.  Don't know anything ab ...

Late Or Missing W2s - What To Do
Feb 05, 2015

Here is what you can and SHOULD do if you don't get your W2 by Feb. 16. -  You’ll have to wait a bit: the IRS does not want to hear from you about missing forms until after February 16. After that date, call IRS at 1.800.829.1040. You’ll need to have your address, phone number and Social Security Number available. It’s also helpful to have your dates of employment, an estimate of your earnings and your federal withholding amounts – you can find most of thi ...

Why Are YOU Asking US Why There Is So Much Late Work
May 18, 2015

jeez lady ...

Need To Vent, Late Paychecks
Nov 29, 2009

I just need to vent.  I am an IC who is supposed to get paid every week by my employer.  Her checks were on time at first, then 1 day later, 2 days later, 3 days later, etc.  I went on vacation for 1 week.  During that time frame, she even emailed me to see if I was providing my usual weekend coverage.  She never replies to my IM, e-mail or phone calls.  Her cell does not allow me to leave a message, and now she has a new home phone number that I do not even kn ...

EKG . . . . Late R Wave Transition
Jan 22, 2010

"Baseline EKG shows . . . . late R wave transition?" ...

Late Night MT Amusing Myself
May 10, 2010

I wonder if any other late night MTs find things are sometimes really amusing...I know that it helps me to stay awake sometimes. I just had a medication list, but it seems that this patient got stuck at the beginning of the alphabet.  The patient's seven medications were:  Adderall, albuterol, Advair, Ambien, amantadine, Amaryl and Adalat. Makes me wonder if they going to start on the "B" medications next. lol What do some of the other late night MTs here do to help themselves ...

Call Me Late, But Just Noticed That
Oct 10, 2012

now means "No Jobs Allocated" rather than "No Jobs Available."  They got 'em; we just can't have 'em.  Spending my time on monster.com job hunting. ...

Direct Deposit Late
Dec 28, 2012

Is anyoe else's direct deposit late?  Mine always shows up shortly after midnight, but it is not there.  ...

Late Night Note...
Jan 24, 2013

We seem to have lost our ERs at this large hospital in LA.  Place your best on Epic or India. ...

Any One Else Have Issues With IT Being Late For Install?
Oct 31, 2014

I was supposed to have an appointment with IT for an install at 5:30.  It is now about 10 of 6 and still no call.  Anyone else have a similar experience? ...

Acusis Has Been Feast Or Famine As Of Late
Oct 20, 2010

I checked last year and October was really, really busy.  This month has been sporadic at best.  I have 3 accounts and all have been slow. ...

Was Anyone Else's Oracle Paycheck Late? (see Message)
Feb 22, 2011

I received the email last Thursday that all direct deposits would be in accounts first thing Monday and hard checks for new employees would be in Monday's mail.  Well, Monday was a holiday so I figured that was an oversight; however, our mailman did not have my check today, either. It's my first paycheck with Oracle and I do not want to look like I'm whining, but was kind of looking forward to getting that check today.  It wasn't a lot as it was less than 2 wks bu ...

Late Shift Workers- North
Sep 01, 2011

I'm thinking of switching to 11 pm-7am CST shift from day shift.  What is the work like at that time of night, is there work or are you consistently running out of work as well.  I don't want to change my whole lifestyle just to be in the same boat I'm in now. ...

Entire Ks Late Pay Thread Completely Gone.
Nov 20, 2011

I have been a participant of this board for many years. When an enire thread disappears, I realize other boards are more MT friendly.  I will not be back.  ...

Nothing For Christmas From Entrada And Checks Are A Day Late
Jan 03, 2014

Nothing for Christmas, and it looks like our present is being told at the last minute that our checks will be a day late this week.  So much for all of the overtime, working holidays without holiday pay, no sick days, no paid days off...It seems like they could do more for their transcriptionists who keep their company going. ...

Word Help For Future, Too Late For This Report Sm
Nov 20, 2014

He is stating "...otherwise beta blockers will be "coursely" reinstituted.  I understand what he means, but trying to figure out how to put it correctly.  Would it be "course-like" as in a course-like manner, how the medication is to be taken?  Thanks for your input.  As always, it is truly appreciated.  ...

Is It Too Late To Get Paid To Watch The Webcast?
Apr 10, 2015

x ...