A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Who is left who can perform 99.6% auditing on us? - The Typing Dead

Posted: Nov 09, 2013

Seriously, the only person I trusted for corrections was my QC.  If they are not going to be doing the audits, who is?  MMEs are just upper grade MTs who were suckered into working for less pay.  MModal has fired/laid off/chased off most of their competent MTs.   I can hardly wait until I get my first (and probably last) required audit.  A 99.6% accuracy requirement from this company of corporate incompetents is hysterically funny.

Transferred yet again - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
About a week ago I was transferred once again. My new PC (formerly QC, I guess) is the pickiest one I have ever had. Though I have passed almost all my audits in the past I can see that I will never pass one with her (assuming they keep her). I've already told them I will not work for any less money so am waiting to see what she does or if my next paycheck is considerably less, whichever comes first. And, BTW, have been at this for over 40 years.

It's sad that audits seem to be focusing mainly on - punctuation errors SM

[ In Reply To ..]
which really mean nothing in the long run. That's what "quality" should mean, accuracy of the medical language that affects patient care. A misplaced comma or a semicolon is not going to kill a patient. You'd think some of these morons in 'management' could pick up on such a simple concept.

audits - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
And that's why I have refused to let audits bother me if I fail one over punctuation. If it is a med dose wrong or lab value incorrect (which are not the cases of audits I fail) then I can't let it get to me.

The reason they do it - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
is so they can tell you that you are on 100% QA and therefore making 3 cents per line less.

Similar Messages:

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Do I Have What I Need To Perform My Job?
Dec 19, 2013

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood but in a word, NO. 1.  The VR is terrible. 2.  The sound quality for the most part is terrible. 3.  The client profiles are conflicting and confusing. 4.  I have to repopulate the ADT because the tech people can't fix that. 5. The spell check stops on every heading it doesn't recognize. 6. The fuzzy physician search has been disabled for the last year - the tech people can't fix that either. What did I forget? ...

How Do We Perform A Search Function On This Board? (nm)
Oct 18, 2009

. ...

Unable To Perform Squat *enterprise* Maneuver?? Thanx. Nm
Jan 11, 2012

nm ...

How Do You Perform A Search On Prior Reports In The EMDAT/Inscribe Platform?
Mar 19, 2013

I am looking for a way to search for terms and/or phrases across all reports using the Prior Report feature in the EMDAT/Inscribe program. For example, I pull up the prior progress notes for Dr. **** because I am looking for some of the phrases he uses in the Physical Exam section or a particular phrase or a word, etc. Is there a search feature where I can type in “Physical Exam” and the program will search and stop on each of these instances from the prior report listing until I fin ...

Auditing
Jan 23, 2015

if they review at all of our work but because most are 100 percent, they don't upload to Fiesa, just choose ones with 99 percent or below and occasionally throw in one that is 100 percent to make it look good!!  I do NOT trust anythng they do and would not put it past them. We have no way of listening to even make sure that what they audit us on is accurate.  I am so paranoid that I think they may even change things that we type to make it an error!  So disgusted..... ...

Qualified For Auditing
Mar 31, 2010

Since Audits are affecting us so deeply at this point and possibly costing us our livelihood, I began to wonder WHO is doing the auditing?  We have lost most of the decent QA people (or will as of tomorrow when nothing will be routed to QA anymore).  I know that several of the CTLs, CCMs or whatever the acronym of the hour is currently called, have been morons and sent out E-mails filled with grammatical and punctuation errors, and some have not even been MTs before.  Shouldn ...

Auditing Of Reports Sent To QA
May 12, 2010

Back in April I sent 2 charts to QA.  They were both audited.  You think those charts were chosen at random? I passed with 99-100%, but it's still the principle of it all that gets to me!   ...

Auditing Question
Sep 19, 2012

Since July 1, I have had over 40 documents with over 1800 lines audited. I'm curious to know if other Nuance MTs have had a similar experience and a similar volume of audits. ...

New Auditing Team
Oct 24, 2013

Alas, our 99.6% audits are no longer being done by our local BOB QA person but by an official MModal auditing team.  I wonder if they are as illiterate as the Mmodal corporate types.  Happy Halloween, now that's scary.  Kind of makes me picture the 3 witches in Macbeth, toiling over a pot of our work, creating mayhem. ...

Over Zealous Auditing
Nov 27, 2013

Does anyone else feel the assignment of error scores are excessive?  Do you get major errors for things that should be minor?  So disheartening.  ...

Anybody Else Notice That Auditing Seems Less?
Aug 23, 2014

Is it just me or is there less auditing being done??  Probably the calm before the storm.  I had gotten so used to nasty emails every one but haven't had any at all which is really unusual. ...

Does Anyone Know What Medical Record Auditing Is?
Jan 24, 2011

My community college offers this course and I would like to take it.   ...

Notice About Auditing Jobs
Dec 04, 2014

Guess they are planning on upping the amount of QA they do.  Memo listed 6 open QA jobs.  You can bet they are going to try to keep us in the lower section on that grid if possible. ...

Does Anyone Know The Pay For The Advertised Auditing Jobs?
Dec 08, 2014

Just wondering if it's worth the transition in this company or if I should get away from Scruance entirely. (I love that word. Thank you to the original author.) To me, the fact that they are advertising for MANY auditors is extremely telling. I don't buy the 1% to 2% of a day's reports being audited. I think it will be much higher than that in order to SCREW us even more. ...

More Inconsistency With Post-Auditing...
Jan 04, 2015

Late last week I recieved an email communication about how they will only audit reports that were transcribed/edited during the current work week, only to log on this morning (I'm off Fri and Sat, so Sun morning is the 1st day of my week) to find that I had a post audit score below 99% that was audited on Saturday, so obviously it was edited last week sometime.  If I don't start my week until Sunday, how on earth can they audit a report on Saturday that was submitted the week prio ...

Constant Auditing Until Can't Even Work Anymore
Jan 20, 2014

I currently work for one of the nicest and kindest companies and that are known for treating their employees with respect and kindness, hardly. I have been doing this for 15 years now and doing at home for 4 years and never had this problem. I being constantly picked apart and audited and t hreatened that I'm physically sick and so nervous to work that I can't make enough to pay the bills anymore. Now I'm even on 100% QA which decreases my pay even more. They have never showed me ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

The Patient Does Require Repeated "cues" To Perform Exercises In P.T. Tia Nm
Oct 28, 2009

x ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

Auditing Reports From "helper" Accounts?
Aug 24, 2012

Up until now (12 years with this company) I have not failed an audit, always 99% or above, and they do an audit once a month on my accounts plus the client audits. We recently were given "helper" accounts for 2 days when our work got low and I was more than happy to help out, as always. There were many difficult ESL dictators and complicated CPs. I did not think they chose reports from unfamiliar "helper" accounts to do their monthly audits as it had never happened to me before, but I was ...

Preop Diagnosis Is S/l"kay-less" Foot Left. The Procedure Is Left S/l "cold" Mid
May 26, 2010

left calcaneal osteotomy.  ...

New Auditing "rules"...really?
Nov 12, 2014

Now in addition to monthly audits, we are receiving WEEKLY audits so they can pick through our work and find more "errors!"  Got dinged for semicolon, dash, and even word that was not clear at all, but it is being "verified" and if "they" (whoever "they" are) can figure it out, I will be held accountable for that also!!!  What is going on here??  ...

"right And Left Foot" Or "right And Left Feet"
Jun 13, 2011

This doc always says, "right and left foot", but i cant help but think that it should be "right and left feet"..... Can someone clear this up for me?   For example:  The patient comes in today for examinatin of his right and left foot.  or   The patient's right and left foot appears in normal condition.   ...

Left Hip WHAT??
Jan 07, 2011

I have no idea what that last word is (spelled phonetically), but here is the sentence in its entirety.  Hopefully someone can help shed some light on it. Patient was admitted from an outpatient setting on ..... for elective left total hip replacement secondary to history of left hip "skiffy".  ...

Why, Oh Why, Could They Not Have Left Well Enough Alone.
Mar 25, 2013

Just finished the practice job and I think I have several bald spots.  DO NOT LIKE EBEYONDTEXT.  I sincerely hope it gets better. ...

Has Anyone Left And Still Kept
May 08, 2013

life insurance ...

Are There Any Left?
Jun 04, 2014

Are there any companies left that either transfer files by FTP or similar and leave you alone to do your work as long as it is in TAT?  I work at home due to my anxiety.  Have a position with a company that is trying to start some kind of group thing where you have someone hovering over you while you work or you are supposed to be the hoverer for someone else, which might be okay for some people who like working with others.  I have never been able to work well with people.   ...

Left
Feb 28, 2015

Left Mmodal first of the year, not unhappy at all. After almost 20 years with them, I feel great. I now work 15 hours a week doing respite care for a 3-year-old and love it. Feel sorry for those of you still there. ...

S/l Left Central 7
Jan 08, 2010

At that time she had developed left facial weakness which, on examination, was very clearly left central 7. ...