A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

a-paced rhythm? - little_lotte

Posted: Aug 22, 2011

I have heard this word/phrase several times now in dealing with cardiology reports. I am wondering what the correct way to write this is. The phrase is "a-paced." Context: "The patient A-paced 14% of the time and ventricular paced 31% of the time." Does anyone know what that means exactly and what the correct way to write it is? A paced? A-paced or a-paced?

Thanks for your help! :)

I do A-paced - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It means atrial paced.

a paced rhythm - sml

[ In Reply To ..]
That is simply "a paced rhythm" without a hyphen and not capitalized. It is apparent that the patient has a pacemaker, and therefore has a paced rhythm.

there is a difference between a paced rhythm and A-paced - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's certainly true that one hears "a paced rhythm" a good deal of the time.

However, A-paced refers to a device pacing in the atrium, and is another designation entirely.

From the context the poster provides, it is apparent that the doc is discussing atrial and ventricular pacing (patient is A-paced 14% of the time, ventricular paced 31% of the time).

It's an electrophysiology thing.

Similar Messages:

EKG Shows S/L A Paced, V Sensed, Left Bundle Branch Block
Dec 16, 2009

EKG shows S/L     A paced, V sensed, left bundle branch block.  Is A paced, V sensed correct or is it just a paced V sensed ? ...

S/l EKG: Brief Dysfunctional Rhythm.
Aug 11, 2010

Could this be correct? Thanks,   Abby ...

Completely Lose My Rhythm When
Jul 31, 2010

Okay-- finally got a few jobs to do after hours of NJA. But I lost my rhythm. I don't even know what to do with them. I feel like a cat looking at some strange object on the floor and tapping it with its paw. What are those two weird things in my queue? I look at them. Then I check my email. Then I look at the things in the queue again. Then I go get something to drink. In the back of my mind, it seems like there is something I need to do about those things in my queue, but I can' ...

Electroencephalogram: Unremarkable With 9 Hz Posterior *donum* Rhythm. Thanks. Nm
Apr 15, 2010

nm ...

This Is What I Hear; How Do I Type It Correctly? CV; S1 And S2 Normal Rate And Rhythm.
Aug 09, 2013

nm.  Thanks. ...

Her IV Insulin, "alagril" Rhythm Protocol Was Initiated...
Apr 26, 2010

Question is "alagril" rhythm protocol  can not find Alagril  TIA ...

Sounds Like "Wortz" Rhythm Atrial Fibrillation
Mar 22, 2013

It sounds like the doctor is saying "Worst or Wortz" rhythm atrial fibrillation. Looked in Stedmans cardiology, Dorlands, etc. and even the internet, but can not find anything that resembles this. Help please ...