A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OOW is getting completely ridiculous - newbutold

Posted: Oct 14, 2014

Up to now, I have hardly ever run out of work but the last 2 weeks it has become steadily more and more and here I sit on a Tuesday morning with no work.  I hope to God we are not losing this account because it is an awesome account.  I cannot sit here and work all day as I have a second job that I work also.  This is truly killing me!!  Might as well go back to bed

Exactly same in evenings and weekends - CuriousGeorge

[ In Reply To ..]
Happening here too and for exactly the same period of time.

Same problem here - ready

[ In Reply To ..]
Newbutold, I have the exact same thing. Rarely ran out of work before. The account I am on is BC. Anyone else?

BC - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Same here. Wondering if it is just slow. My account isn't offshored but extremely slow. I know we have slow times and other times we are slammed.

are you sure? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
How do you know BC is not offshore? I wondered how we are supposed to know if/when this might be coming. I hate being in the dark.
no offshore... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I was told when I switched to this account that it was specifically stated in their contract only USA. Could change at any time I guess. My other account, you could see in job lister the various names from offshore and could always tell when they were working. Never have seen that on BC.

My TL confided they are upping the percentage of - work on my acct to India to save money.

[ In Reply To ..]
Quality is apparently no longer a consideration. Cheap is the new name of the game.

And the END GAME is, "No American MTs. - At all." - nmsg

[ In Reply To ..]

OOW no matter what hours/days - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
And we all know who controls the pools....IMO egos and micromanagement at its finest

OOW - anothermt

[ In Reply To ..]
And yet people are allowed to "work all the OT they can" No work, yet never an email stating all caught up, no more OT ...meanwhile those of us who are scheduled have to "request" to flex and make up time/beg. How is this right? How does this show us they care about our situation and that they understand? Then there is work the OT but lose it because of the same scenario/cover time OOW and be told we have to make it up! I personally would not be able to look myself in the mirror, nor go to Church and pray, then come back and repeat process. This isn't what I call "management"

If you think for a moment this company is - worried about you or has your

[ In Reply To ..]
best interests in mind, your sorely mistaken. The bottom line here is TAT, TAT, and TAT. They offer OT (which only costs pennies really) with the thought as you mention, doesn't really matter because you'll be OOW within the same week anyway so the OT won't really be OT. That is the Nuance management way, unfortunately. It all comes down to TAT and CEO bonuses.

I just want to make it through mid-February - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
That is all I want but my work is low too. Monday nights there seems to be enough but that is it. Sigh.

Yet another MT in your boat. - Weekender. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Have had a pretty steady workload for the 5 years or so I have been with this company, but recently have been OOW constantly. Unfortunately, I am stuck here until May due to personal circumstances--if I do not get fired for MUP issues, that is.

Similar Messages:

Completely Fed Up!
Jun 28, 2012

I am so sick of these dictations that are less than 60 seconds long, pay from .08 to .24 cents each that require 3 minutes of unpaid work to set up. This means I am only paid for one third of my time working, and that is if all their resource-hog software just happens to be working right without locking up or generation another error mesasage requiring another 5 minutes unpaid time to go through the "start ANOTHER IT ticket" process. I think out only hope is to keep filling letting their da ...

This Is Ridiculous
Mar 01, 2011

Pinging in and out. Getting booted off. Losing reports. And what slow reports are coming through are all wrong...wrong patients...wrong data in ASR. I knew when I read that email a couple of days ago that they were going to update the client's database and apologized for any inconvenience this might cause, we were in for trouble. So predictable. Thanks MQ. All I want to do is WORK! ...

Are They Serious?? Wow!! This Is Ridiculous To Say The Least
Nov 23, 2011

So I send resumes to about 20 places yesterday and I get responses.  They say they only pay 8 cpl, but their test is ridiculous for a pathetic 8 cpl.  Forget it MedInk!!! ...

How Ridiculous Is This???
Dec 30, 2011

I am currently doing a doctor who actually spells out "N-O" whenever he says the word no.  I'm ready to scream. ...

Beyond Ridiculous
Nov 03, 2012

One of the docs upset because many of us are leaving the word "and" out of one of his sentences so we got an email instructing us to make a note of this.  Never mind that he dictates at the speed of light on a speakerphone, we need to be sure we get every single little word.  Heaven forbid anyone should ever tell these docs it is their responsibility to slow down and make sure they are understood.  ...

OK, This Is RIDICULOUS!
Jan 08, 2013

I sat here for 2 hours waiting for work, and I finally have a few reports.  Now the sewer just now backed up for the 3rd time in 2 weeks.  ARGHHHHHH!!!!  I have had the plumber out twice already and still owe for one visit!  I make way less than minimum wage most days and am having to depend heavily on my retirement account (I'm only 56).  Feel like everything is raining down on me!  I also had to call a wrecker the other day because I locked myself o ...

Ridiculous Pay
Sep 05, 2013

Is it just me or are a lot of you making minmal wage? ...

Truly Ridiculous
Sep 05, 2014

As if speech rec can't get more annoying and stupid.  Working on a report that had Progresso for progressive over!!  ...

This Is Just Getting Ridiculous--sm
Feb 14, 2015

My team is required to be signed into a conference in Spark when working our account.  That is not a bad thing, in fact it is quite educational because I am seeing just how ridiculous everything is.  The account is verbatim, you only type a heading if it is dictated.  Someone is worried that the doctor said Procedure for a heading naming the procedure and then later used procedure when beginning the real procedure.  That MT was worried about getting dinged if she changed the ...

I Am Not Really Positive I Completely Buy Into ~sm~ TIA
Mar 27, 2010

I am not really positive I completely buy into the fact that this illnesses is of such s/l reparation as his gamma globulin levels have been a little bit elevated and I wonder if there is more chronicity than we think. ...

Well I Sympathize Completely, But There Is
Apr 30, 2012

a humble servant... It is time to cease being a humble servant and realize the power that you as ONE have. One more reason to engage in Strike Day yourself... Pull up BBCs broadcast early morning Sunday into Monday on CEOs and how shareholders are holding them accountable pay-wise. It is happening and MTs are just another word for "shareholders." Remember, there is power in numbers so participate even if you are fearful and then reach out to me or someone else if they come after you or fire ...

Completely Demoralized
Nov 30, 2012

I am on a team that does editing only on one specific platform (although there are many versions of it).  We recently had schedule changes.  Prior to the schedule changes, I had work.  Now...not so much.  They DOUBLED the amount of editors on accounts that were already overstaffed.  I am completely and utterly disheartened by this.  I was, until this point, ready to stay with this company for as long as it took for them to work things out.  What a demoralizing ...

Now Completely Out Of Work
Jun 01, 2013

regular work hours, but for some reason completely happy.  Poverty:  The key to bliss!   ...

Anyone Else Completely NJA For Most Of The Afternoon?
Jul 24, 2013

nm ...

Completely Frazzled
Jul 25, 2013

Just need to vent.  Having a very, very bad day.  I have worked and worked to try to be a success at this job and now most days I just sit and cry while I type.  I am so overwhelmed by the horrible pay and only hearing from the email that more needs to be done.  More lines, less pay.  How sad for a job that should be considered very important in the health care role.  Thanks for listening. ...

Completely Confused About
May 16, 2014

Can you qualify for that weekly based on, I guess the previous week? Or something? I got a very unusual surprise - MORE pay than I expected, rather than less (which is the usual), and realized somehow I had qualified for production even though I thought I was out, thinking that was a 3 month thing too, so wasn't even trying, just trying to get more lines since I had lost out, I thought, on all bonuses. So can someone confirm production bonus is based on last week's QA post audit - or ...

Work Is Almost Completely Gone
Oct 16, 2014

I was trying to keep a positive outlook on a buy out and go with this company.  The account I've worked on for years is almost gone and it sure didn't take long since the takeover.  I know their pattern and how much work should be there.  I'm certain it's being "shipped out" you know where.  My Thursday was the busiest day of the week and has been for years.  So now I sit here looking for work and getting more disappointed each day.  Manager sai ...

Synernet Is Ridiculous
Jun 03, 2010

Talked to the recruiter 2 weeks ago tomorrow (Friday, after her postponing the interview on Wednesday), she was very nice was told the paperwork would be send Fed Ex after not receiving it was told the gal in fhe office was out and would be sent later, and of course based on a "background check" etc  -- with training to supposedly start 06/14/2010  -- I have since accepted two positions and if I were an MT, I would be VERY leery of this company  -- a month to start is ridiculous especially wh ...

Ridiculous Reduction In Pay
Jul 28, 2010

As with most of you, my pay from Medquist has taken a total nose dive ever since ASR went to 85% while at the same time cutting our transcription rate down for ASR from 70% to 60%.  That's a 40% pay cut!!!  I've had to take another job elsewhere to try to make ends meet.  Besides that, our health benefits are the absolute worst and get worse every year.  Can anyone ever remember any kind of cost of living raise?   I used to make $36,000 annu ...

The Landmark Ad Pay Is Ridiculous!
Nov 29, 2011

What is wrong with these companies!  That type of transcription is a minimum of $1.00/min!! You have to look up so much drug terminology and who knows what the audio quality could be like.  I can't believe they have the NERVE to offer $.07/A LINE!!  And as usual, they are targeting the "newbies" who they can take advantage of, rip off and pay slave wages to - they are right up there with that other company who posts jobs for general transcription - the name of which escapes m ...

I Know This Is A Ridiculous Question, But
May 30, 2012

are there any MTSOs who hire part-time weekdays?  I'm looking for something M-Thurs or Tues-Friday with morning hours (7 a.m. to 12 p.m.).  I realize most larger companies require weekend work, but I have family commitments (sick family member) that interferes with my ability to work weekends. ...

Ridiculous Feedback
Apr 13, 2014

This is soooooo ridiculous, my blood is boiling.  The doctor dictated: "Continue vancomycin and will obtain a vanco trough and further dosing recommendations."  I get it back as a minor error.  She changed it to:  "Continue vancomycin and we will obtain a vanco trough  . .  .   She's acting like he put a contraction in there such as we'll.  That's purely a judgment call.  No wonder we're getting emails complaining about our high ra ...

TTS Ridiculous Wages
Feb 19, 2015

It kinda looks like TTS can't get anyone to work for them with their ridiculous wages.  You'd think they would have figured it out by now.  ...

Ridiculous Quality
May 17, 2015

OK...everyone wants to complain about QC and I get it, I am sure there are some QC out there who should not be in the job.  However, I just processed a report, and even before I started doing 100% on it a glaring issue stood out...  Chief Complaint:  What's finger paint. Um..yeah....listened to it and can anyone guess what it really was??? Left finger pain. She also typed that he got his hair caught in a clothing rack, when it really was his finger, left out words everywh ...

I Know The Upgrade Is Not Completely Done, But Has The Moderator
Oct 17, 2009

I looked at all the forums and read all the primary posts (not the replies) and cannot find if the Moderator has addressed this, so if I missed it, sorry.  If not, does anyone know if the posts that are falling off Page 1 will be brought back when all the updates are complete and the archives are available?  I was looking for something that was posted on the first or second day when the new upgrade had just been done, and realized that what I had posted on the 8th (the day the upgrade ...

Completely Lose My Rhythm When
Jul 31, 2010

Okay-- finally got a few jobs to do after hours of NJA. But I lost my rhythm. I don't even know what to do with them. I feel like a cat looking at some strange object on the floor and tapping it with its paw. What are those two weird things in my queue? I look at them. Then I check my email. Then I look at the things in the queue again. Then I go get something to drink. In the back of my mind, it seems like there is something I need to do about those things in my queue, but I can' ...

S/L Telopeptide Is Completely Suppressed At 5.8.
Aug 15, 2010

Electrolytes and kidney function are normal and S/L telopeptide is completely suppressed at 5.8. ...

Two Completely Different Type Of Job Offers..HELP!
Jun 07, 2011

I have had two job offers this morning and they are two completely different scenarios.  1st offer...80% VR 20% ESL 8 cpl typing 5 cpl VR, new program to learn.  2nd offer...100% straight typing 25% ESL 8.5 cpl typing, program already experienced on. Between VR editing and straight typing options, which is going to give me more money.   I know this board is going to be full of both opinions, but will read them all.    I'm not revealing the compan ...

Am I The Only One Whose Ipswitch Mail Is Completely Down?
Mar 13, 2013

x ...

Ridiculous! 4th New Hospital In 3 Hours
Jun 07, 2010

Fer cryin' out loud, my 4th totally new hospital in the last few hours and I don't even want to talk about what that does to my line count.  Got a great big email from the new supervisor reiterating the rules about hours etc. but god forbid she should have let us know this was going to happen.   Geez. ...