A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Contacting someone with the MT story and greedy MTSOs. - how about this lady? SM

Posted: Aug 04, 2013

This lady might get interested in the MT vs MTSO greed issue if enough people contact her. I've already done it, but it's going to take several people, especially those of you who work for the top 2 greedmongers. You very likely can do it anonymously, give it a try and see. The lady who wrote the article is in this post: http://general.mtstars.com/357551.html Click on her name as the author, and it gives you a contact option.

Wow, you're strong and courageous - Marguerite

[ In Reply To ..]
Contacting anonymously and all.

Marguerite, I would imagine people currently - working in these MT jobs, SM

[ In Reply To ..]
would like to keep them, bad as they are, because there's not much else available that's any better. Most people like keeping a roof over their head and food on their table, I imagine that's why the anon preference so they don't get targeted and terminated.

Yes, it does take courage and strength to speak up and say something about bad conditions at a huge corporation.

Your snotty post is completely uncalled for if you're at all familiar with the bad conditions most MTs are working under.

This is very interesting! - Posted on another board.

[ In Reply To ..]
http://forum.mtstars.com/360316.html

Just a sample.

I called my parents' lawyer; this post is RIGHT ON! MTSOs have used semantics to rip us off for the past decade. They DO have to pay minimum wage ! We do NOT work "production", as MTSO's claim. The term for compensation method regarding our work type is "tiered incentive"; there is an actual base hourly rate, which is what PTO 'per hour' time is designated and paid out at (in my case $12.00, almost $4.00 more than minimum wage in my state), and anything over and above a mandatory line rate per day is paid additionally as incentive.

If we let this issue die here, this industry dies and we are all dinosaurs, even those just out of school, because there will be no future.

You MUST check with employment law lawyers, not your state Dept of Labor; the DOL at the state level has been giving out the wrong information since at least 2002, because they didn't have the very definition of our duties.'

MORE TO READ OF THIS POST.

Contact Oprah about show on MT troubles - Cheela

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess this isn't an actual reply, but after reading that article posted here by the American Transcriptionists Association (?) on the perils of offshoring, I started thinking about contacting Oprah's TV people, sending a copy of that letter, and seeing if we could get exposure. Trouble is, she's done a lot to support Obama and might not want to expose some of the bad effects of this healthcare 'reform.' Anybody think it would be a good idea, besides writing congressmen and representatives, etc.?

Similar Messages:

MTSOs Being Greedy
Jul 27, 2010

Let's get to the point here on why most MTSOs are greedy.  It is not because the MT makes mistakes or should make mistakes.  That is not the issue.  The real issue is that MTSOs don't pay what a quality MT is worth!  That's where the "greedy" comes in.  It also shows that the MTSO obviously doesn't really care about the transcriptionist at all.  If an MTSO pays really low, this says to me they are treating the MTs as robot "worker bees" work ...

For The Record, MTSOs Who Are NOT Greedy...
Nov 28, 2011

I want to make it clear that this is not a rail against all MTSOs; there are MTSO's still out there who are NOTmotivated by greed, and who continue to pay their employees very well.I have worked for companies which historically have paid employees much higher CPL than other companies - Keystrokes and MTP (both based in Illinois, owned by former MTs, and as far as I know, all work still on US soil) - and several of these companies actually DO pay employees "more than fair" hou ...

Contacting Payroll
Jun 27, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to contact payroll?  I am fairly new with the company.  They forgot to pay me last time at all and this time I was paid line count but was told by the recruiter that I would be paid hourly for the first few weeks.  Any information would be greatly appreciated as my CCM is on vacation. Thanks. ...

Greedy Medquist
Aug 08, 2011

Here on the east coast, Verizon has just gone on strike.  I listened to the picketers explaining how Verizon is making money hand-over-fist and still cutting pays, making employees pay more for healthcare, gee . . . . who did that remind me of????  One man said his pay got cut from $600 a week to $300 a week PLUS he has to pay more for health insurance.   Could have sworn he was talking about me there for a minute! ...

Contacting Former Employer
Jul 09, 2012

Has anyone ever contacted a former employer to see if they would re-hire you? Reason I am asking is, I was working with this MT company, but had to quit because something happened to my computer and my back-up didn't have the specifications required to run the software they use. It's been about 4 months since I've quit, and I have a new computer now that would work with what they offer. I am hesitant to ask to see if they would consider re-hiring me because when I quit, even thoug ...

Quality 2.0 - Who Is Contacting Them
Oct 02, 2014

At the end of the Quality 2.0 presentation, she says that we can contact her (yet doesn't give contact info) with "any questions, comments, or concerns."  They are "looking forward to our feedback." How many of us are actually going to contact them and tell them what a crock this is?  Something that was glaringly missing from the presentation was how they expect us to decrease these errors.  Do they not realize that the majority of those lab value and vital sign errors aren& ...

Greedy Companies, Overhiring, Etc.
Dec 11, 2013

I am so tired of all of these companies overhiring.  I would log in on a daily basis, there would be 50+ jobs in the pool and I would feel somewhat comfortable that I am going to be able to get at least 10 or 15 of the jobs to type, only to find out that out of the 50 jobs in the pool, I am lucky to get 5 jobs.  These companies expect us to dependable, loyal to just working for them, etc., etc., and this is what we get in return.  We are told we are to do 1000 lines a day at a min ...

I Will Be Contacting My State's Dept. Of Labor.
Aug 19, 2010

Last pay check, I did not receive the PTO I requested in SS and was granted by my CCM. I contacted payroll immediately. Mind you, this happened to me once before.  It took 1 email and 1 phone call and I had a check the very next day. It is now a week later.  I have been around and around with payroll and my CCM.  FINALLY, yesterday, I get an email that they owe me the PTO and will add it onto MY NEXT CHECK. I don't think so.  That is money that I earned and am entitl ...

Cold Contacting Potential Clients
May 31, 2011

Anyone have any helpful suggestions on cold contacting potential clients. Better by email, mail, fax or phone? Which would be thought of as the most professional? ...

The Nuance Thieves And Other Greedy People
Oct 31, 2014

should read the posts over at "Prayer Requests," especially the one above "Amen!" ...

I Have Tried Contacting The Mods About This Company That Has Not Paid
Dec 08, 2014

me yet.  They are a week late.  I will be saying the name if this company does not have my pay to me by TOMORROW.  I have an attorney, but I want to let the mods know I will name names if I do not hear from them quick.   ...

Nuance Is A Greedy Grubby Corporation
Dec 27, 2014

Warning to all. As Nuance controls our industry, see coming your way even more drastic cuts in pay to everyone across the entire industry. They have redefined what a line is by halving our speech output. So as I redo my resume instead of producing 344 lines per hr, Nuance says my line speed is only 176 lph.  They have also eliminated the late shift,  weekend differentials entirely as if "What difference does it make?" Rise up those at Nuance. Since they ignore half your output ignore h ...

My TTS Story
May 01, 2010

Here is my TTS story.  I was hired by the owner in July, 2007 as an IC.  I liked the owner. She seemed a down-to-earth logical person who cared about her company, her employees and had a degree of integrity you don't find at the national companies. She asked me what I was looking for and after I explained she understood the type of account I needed and placed me on an account that suited my needs.  No bait and switch which is pretty common pract ...

My Story
Mar 03, 2013

When I was 50 years old, I got fed up with making a low salary, so I decided to go back to school. I started University of Phoenix and majored in IT.  This past December, at 54 years old, I graduated. Before I graduated, I started getting scared that at my age I would not find an entry level job in a young male dominated industry.  I had a few really bad interviews. A week ago, I was hired as an IT Project Manager, and this year I will make close to $100,000. My last several paychec ...

Same Old Story
Mar 29, 2015

Same old story--lost my good hourly-paying, direct-employee job and wondered what to do next. I started looking into records because to me it seemed a good move for a transcriptionist to make. It took some time but I did get a job in records--and I hate it.  I'll do my best and learn what I can, but now I'm glad I didn't spend time and money getting certified in records before having actually worked in it. It might be worth trying another records job elsewhere, since eac ...

FTR Success Story
Mar 15, 2010

Ok... I made it thorugh my first day of FTR with no QA markers sent to QA or client and no guessing.   Look at how smart I am MedQuist!!!  I just did not realize my own potential until you dangled the 3 cpl pay cut in front of my nose.   Mark one on my side of the board. ...

Ugh, Same Story Every Time
Nov 05, 2011

I am honest when interviewing with prospective companies/MTSOs. I tell them my experience then tell them I'm ready and able to work.  Will they have at least 1000 lines a day for me to work? Would there ever be a chance for 1500+ per day/per "shift"? Guess what?  They ALWAYS say yes. They ALWAYS say, "Oh, it's very rare we ever run out of work!  You won't find that problem HERE with us!" Guess what again?  Still ALWAYS running out of work.  Seems 500-800 ...

My Nuance Story
Apr 29, 2012

I'm not on here to bash Nuance.  I am here to tell my story ...... you take from it what you want. I have been doing MT work for 8 years.  I have worked for several national companies.  I was EXTREMELY happy with my job and then Nuance came along and swallowed up our little transcription service just like it has done to so many others.  It was not all bad .........but most of it was.  Nuance, to be fair, does offer 401K, medical benefits, and PTO, even to their pa ...

A Sweatshop Story
Dec 31, 2012

My grandmother used to tell a story about working in a dress factory in the 1950s. They started her out sewing pockets. It was piecemeal work. She had to meet quota to keep her job. If she went so much over quota, she made a bonus. When she started making bonuses on pockets, they moved her to setting zippers. When she started making bonuses on zippers, they moved her to a different station. And on it went. Work, work, work, produce, produce, produce until the whistle blew. Can't ma ...

What's The Story, MT Glories?
May 23, 2014

Hi ladies (and the occasional gent) - I haven't popped in here for a bit.  Wondering what the scoop is as far as any decent online companies to work for at this point.  I've been an onsite MT for about 3.5 years now, but my place of employment has never heard of raises and I just had a big fat financial setback.  I'm currently thinking of trying to find some part-time work online (or even full-time, if bennies are provided).  I'd love to leave this employe ...

ICs - FedEX Story
Nov 05, 2014

Maybe things will change. http://wallstcheatsheet.com/business/why-businesses-claim-their-employees-arent-employees.html/?a=viewall ...

AHDI -- My HDS Story
May 20, 2015

They really want to hear our HDS stories?  Then let's tell them.   http://www.ahdionline.org/GetConnected/Events/NationalMedicalTranscriptionistWeek/tabid/185/Default.aspx ...

Anybody Wanna Hear My Story About VR?
Apr 29, 2010

I am a small MTSO. I had a pretty big hospital account that went to ES VR 2 years ago. The fallout for the hospital has been rather profound. They offered me 16 for straight and 8 for VR. I thought at the time that I could live with that if VR made MTs faster and they could earn virtually the same as for straight typing. Well, that didn't turn out and my MTs ran like scalded dogs! I have since learned through grapevine that they are in real big trouble. The remaining few hospital MTs are ed ...

MedQuist Cindarella Story
Jul 17, 2010

The day after I got my benefits letter and learned of another dollar per hour drop in pay, my husband, who works for a government-contracted company, tells me that the (uneducated, very average) wife of his coworker got hired on as a janitor (making more than me) and took a FORK LIFT class and now has been promoted and gotten a $7 PER HOUR raise.  I am supposed to leave on vacation in a few minutes.  All I want to do is cry.  It isn't even about the money at this point.& ...

Cinderella Story For Medquist-a Little Fun
Jul 22, 2010

In viewing some of the posts on this board, I noticed that some wanted to try to create a Cinderella story for the Q.  OK, then let's have a little fun with this.  The least I can do is offer some song lyrics.   As most of you know, there have been two well known productions of this classic, one by Disney and the other by Rogers and Hammerstein.  The Hammerstein version was shown on CBS TV with Leslie Ann Warren in the title role. I offer two sets of lyrics, one f ...

Same Ol Story, Season Is Starting. NJA. Sm
Nov 22, 2010

Here in South, NJA all last night and again this morning.  Cannot get on to MQMail either to contact my CCM.   In fact nothing on the message board will come up.  I need help from Support because the QCare program will not download either and seems to have disappeared from my computer.   Anyone else with NJA last night late (11 pm on)  and even this morning.  The system says it is green light and all is go.  Yeah right.   ...

There Was A Story On The News Last Night
Oct 17, 2011

She worked as a coder at a hospital that was bought/taken over by some new HMO (don't remember the name of it), and during staff meetings, they were telling the coders to replace one symptom description, such as "dizziness/fainting" with a more generalized neurological condition, because that condition caused the insurance companies to pay the hospital more.  The condition they wanted her to put was something rarely seen, one doctor said he saw 2 cases in ...

So What's The Story On Amphion? Good Or Bad?
Oct 20, 2011

Would love to hear the scoop on Amphion from anyone who works there or has recently worked there.  I'm thinking about applying there.  How is the pay, software, and benefits, and is there plenty of work?  Thanks in advance for any info I can get! ...

Wanting To Leave MM? Here's My Story
Jun 05, 2012

I started back when it was DDI. Anyone remember that? We had 2 accounts, 1 primary, 1 secondary. We rarely were without work. I absolutely loved it and we ALL KNEW our accounts inside and out. Changes came the last few years and not all good. You all know how difficult working for MM is so I won't go into that. Two summers ago I "thought" and was lead to believe, I would be able to work part-time at my local hospital. I was continuously told it all "looked like a go." For 5 months it "looke ...

What's The Real Story With Nuance
Oct 15, 2012

I see a lot of ads for Nuance lately and it seems like there are MTs saying there is no work for them.  What is the real scoop?  Just want to know if it would be worthwhile to apply to them or if I would be sitting around with no work.  Not a big fan of big MTSO... but needing some work and willing to compromise if I must.  Thanks in advance!  ...