A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Best paying company that will take new grads? - Rae-Rae

Posted: Jul 10, 2013

x

There is not even a best paying company that - will hire with 20 years experience

[ In Reply To ..]
Move to India... that's my best advice.

That is great news. No sarcasm, not at all. - Rae-Rae

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Unfortunately, the market is bad right now for a new grad - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
As the above poster said, it's extremely hard currently to find good-paying jobs for MTs with 20 years of experience. One company has mentioned that for every job opening, there are 200+ experienced applicants. The reality of it is some schools that used to offer MT training have even decided to no longer teach this because MT is no longer a viable career. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but what made you decide to get into MT now?

Some may know of companies accepting MTs with no experience on the New MTs board in the Navigation column to your left. Maybe post your question there, although I see the second topic is a newbie discussing the frustration of trying to find a job when everyone wants at least 5 years of experience.

don't know what you want us to say - no money here

[ In Reply To ..]
the going rate keeps dropping, now about 7/3. Makes no difference whether you are new or old.
New MT - sick and tired
[ In Reply To ..]
I think all new grads will have to do is wait a while until all the experienced MTs leave. Most of us are leaving because we refuse to work for slave wages. In 5 years when all real experience and expertise are gone in this field....maybe these idiotic MTSOs will reap the reward of their greed when they can't even find a literate person to edit their reports. No offense to you new grad and if you encounter a load of sarcasm with established MTs it is not to offend you or even directed towards you....it is a product of the terrible injustice done to all of us first by the off shoring and then by this EHR and VR push that turned all of our years of hard work and loyalty into a financial and personal ruin. We are now a dime a dozen and only living on a prayer that one morning we don't wake up to an email that simply states we have lost all our accounts to EHR or VR with no notice which is what happens daily to the best of us. My suggestion is you find a different career path now before you have to go through the nightmare we have all been dealing with for years. I'm so sorry these schools are still taking money from people with the promise of a decent living while being at home.

Sorry, Rae, Rae. - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
It is what it is. When I was in a position to hire, there were 500+ applications for every job advertised. Many of the applications came from people with 20-30 years of experience in all specialties and with many different platforms. If I had my choice of someone like that or a newbie, and I were going to pay the same money, which would I choose? I am sorry, but it is what it is. Where did you go to school? Don't they have placement assistance? Wishing you good luck, truly.

I think close to 100% of new grads should consider legal action against the school (sm) - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
All the ads I see are deliberate lies about the MT field. I think a class action suit is in order to shut down the ones who claim it is a promising career. You might look into a class action suit with your classmates and see if an attorney will take it on a contingency basis to get your money back plus damages.

I think that is great advise. Transcription schools are all lies and scams now - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I think a class action suit is a great idea. A statement in this class action suit should be false information and false advertising about the MT career.

Be careful what you say - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
There is one MT school that is highly respected on this board (name begins with an A) that still has a medical transcription program and promotes it as being a lucrative career. There is also another school with a good reputation that still offers an MT editing program, I would not say they are scams. No school ever guaranteed anyone a job, and it is not possible to sue someone in that regard. Students also have a responsibility to do some research and investigate their chosen career path regardless of what they are told in the advertising. No one is forced into doing what they do.
Anonymous - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree completely with what you say. It is easy for people to spew "class action!" when they really have no idea what it takes to qualify a case for class. I, as much as anybody, would like to see the matchbooks shut down, and I do think individuals might have a one on one chance with matchbooks that have made misrepresentations. However, as you say, there are still a couple of excellent schools that have produced stellar and well-qualified students throughout the years. They have conducted themselves ethically and honestly, and quite frankly, to call such a school a "scam" would be actionable in court. I often wonder about people who come on here and say they went to (insert name of one of the matchbooks) school and then wonder why on earth they cannot get a job. They later say they went to the matchbook because it was "cheap." Well, you get what you pay for. I understand the anger of people about the industry these days (that is why I am getting out), but to throw words around like weapons is dangerous--not to the legitimate schools--but to the people who slander them. Just a thought. I am sure if people would think a little before their fingers hit the keyboards, they would behave differently. Or maybe not.
Anonymous Nick . . . what a difference a day makes - xx
[ In Reply To ..]
Your words are so proper and polite today. Aren't you the one who with off-color jokes and condescending statements to Virginia yesterday?
no offense but when you repeat the subject line it gets confusing as to who - is talking here. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
(})
Pell grants or guaranteed student loans should not be options for - MT schools. Period. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I think that alone would help keep innocent people away from the predatory practices of online MT schools, even the best of them advertised above.

You wrote a lot of words that say nothing. There is no MT school on this planet that can guarantee a graduate of their program will have a job for a year. That is not the case in other industries and professions. I don't care if "advertises at the masthead" gives it away free, a program to enter the field of MT is so profoundly ridiculous, that I cannot believe you defended any small crumb of it. In fact, you are almost threatening in your overall analysis... "if people would think before their fingers hit the keyboard." Except you aimed at the heart of the wrong target, cowboy. Think is what anyone enrolling in an MT school should do and double-time it. Do not take out a loan or give your last 4K to a deep hole of minimum wage and a marathon of outrunning outsourcing, voice recognition and EHR. There are 10,000 stories of anguish here and only a few people still not affected by the tsunami. To go into this profession is utterly stupid.
"Lucrative career" that makes minimum wage. Listerine had to stop saying it cured - colds Cig companies had to stop saying smoking wa
[ In Reply To ..]
The fact is that there should not be another person enrolled in any MT program anywhere. The industry is over. It is SO over.

In five years, I don't think any of us will recognize it.
and we shouldn't be eating fast food either but its there. People - need to be preeducated of their choices.NM
[ In Reply To ..]
chances are they'll still sign up. but who REALLY is at fault? If the homework is done and you still choose to eat the burger, fries and supersize - happy heart attack. If the homework is not done and you jump right in - how unfortunate.

Similar Messages:

Question For Andrews Grads/soon-to-be Grads
May 15, 2013

How long did it take you to go through their coding course?  Thanks! ...

Paying A Company To Work For Them?
Mar 05, 2012

I have never heard of this before.  They take money out of every paycheck (no matter how long you work for them) to pay for licensing fees?  What's up with this? ...

CANANDIAN COMPANY PAYING U.S. IC
Jun 15, 2015

Random question.  If a company located in Canada pays someone in the US (via PayPal), do taxes have to be paid?  Does anyone else have an arrangement like this? ...

Anyone Know Of A Decent Paying Company For Radiology?
Jan 07, 2014

Looking for work in Radiology.  Currently working, but making very poor income even at 6 cpl editing.  That should be good, but I don't know why I am not making more.  Maybe the way they count the lines or something.  Anybody know of a good place for a decent income in Radiology? ...

My Thoughts Regarding A Company Paying 6 Cent Per Line For Transcription.
Oct 20, 2010

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Wages were more than that 15 years ago!!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Tee hee hee hee hee.  You just might get a newbie but you certainly will not keep them long!!!! Oh, ho ho ho ho.  HA HA HA HA!  Why don't you hire a brain surgeon for $30,000 a year?  He he he he he.  Above minimum wage; he should be impressed.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Wait - there is more.  Hohohohoho, hahahahahahahahahaha.  I ju ...

Any M-Tec Grads On Here?
Oct 04, 2010

I have been researching an MT career and schools for about 3 months now.  I would love to be a WAHM so I do not have to pay daycare like a LOT of mothers out there. My SIL has been a medical transcriptionist for many years and is a walking advertisement for me.  I am still not totally convinced to put thousands of dollars into M-TEC and get training just to end up that money in the hole and jobless.  I know there are no guarantees in life.  I just want this to be a stepping ...

New Grads, This May Help
Nov 01, 2010

The first must have e-book you can get from AHDI getting your foot in the door 2 years experience not required.  I wished I knew about this book right out of school.  I spent months researching and did exactly what the book says.  It gives tips on reference materials, test, companies and looking for a job, resume tips.  EXCELLENT BOOK!  If you can join AHDI they offer webinars on things that might be helpful to you.  I have also talked to countless MT's who say ...

$10.50 Per Hour, NO NEW GRADS
Feb 11, 2012

Has anyone else seen the ad?  They want at least 3 years of experience (no new grads), with VR experience (so presumably this is doing VR), and one of the positions is doing op notes (op notes being the most difficult of the Basic 4 of acute care).  They will start her out at the whopping rate of $10.50 per hour!! Below someone advised another MT to mow lawns or take in laundry; there's more money in those.  They were right. ...

Question For WGU Grads Please
Jul 16, 2012

How many of you WGU graduates have passed the CCS? Thanks! ...

Any Andrews Students Or Grads?
May 08, 2010

I wondered if there are any current coding students or graduates from Andrews around?  I'm close to enrolling in their coding program, and I would really love to hear from others who have taken the course.  ...

Grads:Certified Ratio
Nov 16, 2010

I am still deciding which coding school will be the best for me.  I was wondering what the grad:certification ratios are for these coding schools.  Does anyone know if this information is available to the general public? ...

Andrews Grads, A Question For You
Jul 11, 2013

I was wondering how many hours it equates to on the transcript?    Thank you ...

Andrews Grads Anyone Taken The ICD-10 Transition Course
Apr 08, 2014

I just wondered if there were any Andrews grads who have taken their transition course yet?  ...

Calling All Andrews Grads
Jan 20, 2015

What prior profession did you come from? Were you able to pass the CCS after graduation? How long did it take you to find a job? Did your CCS help even though you had no coding experience? What kind of entity are you working for? Are you glad you chose Andrews? Any other comments for me? (I am about to apply there) ...

Question For Andrews School Grads
Nov 20, 2013

Okay -- I think I've made my decision to not go back to my local community college after I finish ICD-9 fall semester.  I just don't feel it is giving me what I need, and it is not preparing me to pass anything.  Most of the students in my class are taking coding as just another class they have to pass so they can move on to something else.  I am paying a lot of money because I'm out of state, and I don't feel like I'm getting value.  I've n ...

Career Coding Step Grads??
Apr 21, 2015

Any Career Step grads on here who were able to get a good paying REMOTE job right after finishing the course? How long did it take you?  I know they only get you ready for the CPC and CCA (versus CCS).....and how soon after finishing were you able to sit for and pass the CCS?  ...

How Long Did It Take Andrews' Grads To Finish Course?
Apr 22, 2015

I'm getting ready to enroll in the Andrews program. I was just curious how long it took previous grads with families and working? I currently work 30 hours weekly & have 2 children. I realize it could be 12-18 mos. before I finish and everybody's different, so looking for a rough idea of how it went for others.  Thanks! ...

Andrews Coding Grads/students: Questions
Feb 03, 2015

Okay, I wrote the previous post, but I have a few more questions. Any help is appreciated. How much does the coding program cost? How long did it take you to complete, full-time or part-time? Did you feel job-ready when you finished the course? Are there any hidden fees for exams, etc.? If you went the Andrews for MT as well, how would you compare the intensity of the two courses?   I did attend Andrews for medical transcription 8 years ago, and I loved the program then. That is why ...

Caution To Students And New Grads - Scam Alert - Do MT Work (Internship) For Free
Mar 10, 2011

There is still another scam company out there offering to help "train" students and graduates. They will kindly let you do their real work, the work clients are paying them for. This is unacceptable and unethical. It will not look good on your resume because potential employers do not look kindly on this. If, for example, they find out that you did your 'internship' with XYZ Company, you will probably never know the reason why your resume was rejected or tossed.  Working for free ...

Paying For Course
May 28, 2013

Has anyone found any type of loan to pay for your coding programs at Andrews or Career Step that has lower payments than the school payment plans? I'm not saying their price is unreasonable. I just can't afford the payments or to pay outright.   Thanks, Kat ...

We Will All End Up Paying For Benchmark KB Etc!!!!
Mar 11, 2010

So we are all expecting to get the Benchmark KB etc etc....but did anyone but me notice that it says for 2010? I will bet that that means we will have it free for the remainder of 2010 and then have to pay something to keep it after 2010. ...

SS Paying Early
Jan 21, 2011

Waiting with baited breath for someone to repost all of the SS pays early testimonies.  cracking me up - its always good to laugh uncontrollably. anyone ever read a P&P manual? ignorance is bliss.  ...

Paying To Being An MT - Worth It?
Jul 18, 2011

Hello forum users! I am currently very interested in the MT field.  I am a fast typist, excellent speller, I have a good grasp of grammar, etc.  I am eyeing a course offered online, it seems professional and excellent and all that.  The whole thing seems perfect for me!  I would like to work from home and make my own hours while doing this. However, I recently spoke to a neighbor who is an MT, and she is losing her job to a machine.  She also claims that her MT friend ...

Any Companies Paying 9 Cpl Or Above? Sm
Oct 05, 2011

I've been looking at the job ads and have noticed a trend of very low cpl being offered.  Are there still any companies out there paying 9 or above?  I'm tired of wasting my time testing for companies only to find out during the interview process that they're only willing to pay 7 or 8 cpl.  Thanks! ...

Is The Q Paying Every Other Friday Now?
Dec 27, 2011

It used to be twice a month so I'm wondering if the every other Friday is true?  TIA ...

Is 3-T Paying For Windows 7 Pro?
Oct 16, 2012

I have to pay for it and yet others hired for 3-T say the company is paying for it.  Interesting.... ...

You'd Think They Would Get Tired Of Paying So Much UE
Jan 20, 2013

Wouldn't that give somebody in payroll or human resources a CLUE that there is a problem? ...

Not Paying For Spaces
Feb 04, 2013

I've seen it posted in various threads that companies are not paying for typing spaces. I can't get my head around that. What's their rationale? It's a keystroke, just like any letter or number. ...

Best Paying Jobs
Mar 01, 2014

I have been a working MT since 1989.   I make $400-500 a week.   I work approximately 6 hours  a day for this.    Is this an accurate pay?    I would like to hear from other MTs and what are the best paying companies to work for.    ...

Paying Taxes As An IC?
Feb 24, 2015

I recently started working as an independent contractor for a transcription company and understand that I have to take care of the tax side of it myself. I'm new to this and am not sure what I need to do as far as paying taxes go. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! ...