A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My thoughts regarding a company paying 6 cent per line for transcription. - Please read

Posted: Oct 20, 2010

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Wages were more than that 15 years ago!!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Tee hee hee hee hee.  You just might get a newbie but you certainly will not keep them long!!!!

Oh, ho ho ho ho.  HA HA HA HA!  Why don't you hire a brain surgeon for $30,000 a year?  He he he he he.  Above minimum wage; he should be impressed.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wait - there is more.  Hohohohoho, hahahahahahahahahaha. 

I just can not address this anymore because I am ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot to add that they want EXPERIENCE too! - Still laughing so No Message

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Still laughing - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
I would tell them that the people in hell want ice water, too.

And I bet they want 100% accuracy from that 6 cpl MT. - What a joke! NM

[ In Reply To ..]
X

If people wouldn't work for that - Ugh

[ In Reply To ..]
But they will and that's the sad part and that's what hurts so many others.

enough with blaming MTs for the low pay - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Many MTs have to make a choice to either work for low pay or not work at all. You want them to sacrifice and go without any paycheck just so MAYBE the industry will pay 7 or 8 cents a line instead? HA! The industry will just offshore more work, move to VR even faster, or get newbies straight out of school.

It's the industry that's the problem. I am so tired of people saying that the fault lies with MTs! It's blaming the victim and it needs to STOP. Put the blame where it really belongs.

Agree with stop blaming the MTs - Geez

[ In Reply To ..]
Like MTs want to work for less. Totally agree with your post.

I agree. If they can get MTs to type for peanuts, why - pay more? Sad.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

If it's 6 cpl GROSS, that's a different story - MTer

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, the most money I ever earned was with a company paying 6 cpl GROSS. I would get about 2,200 lines per day. This went on for a couple of years. Same doctor, day in and day out (ortho),lots of lines, and EVERYTHING constituted a line. Well, I was abruptly taken off this one doctor and saw my pay cut in half. I had to quit, almost immediately to find something I could survive on. The owner insisted it should not matter, but the numbers didn't lie. No other physician in the practice generated as many lines.

I saw it. It was 65 character line. - HaHaHaHa NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Oh....65 character line - that's pitiful - MTer

[ In Reply To ..]
As bad as it is, it's the exact rate for somone willing to work for 8.5 cpl VBC. Same difference. A shame, but a lot of people fall for it.

My first MT job 20+ years ago I was paid 6 cpl/gross. I - me

[ In Reply To ..]
got vacation, but no other benefits. Didn't need insurance because I had through my DH's job. Three years ago was making 8 cpl/gross, 401K with partial match, vacation, bonuses. That company went out of business. Now making 10 cpl/65 character with great benefits. Company in the process of switching to VR now and don't know how long the 10 cpl is going to last. I haven't read all the posts but if 6 cpl is for an IC that is a slap in the face and they might as well send the work offshore.

I'm very good at what I do. I can do pretty much any work type, the most challenging ESL, excellent QA scores. I'm worth more than 6 cpl, but 6 cpl is better than 0 cpl and if I need to keep a roof over my head and feed my kids I'd do it.

A few months ago I was looking to make a change. Sent out several resumes and posted my resume on a couple of job boards. I haven't received one single offer, though I was selective on which companies I sent my resume too. Fortunately things have straightend out at my company and I've decided to stay, but there are a lot of displaced experienced MTs and a lot of newbies. Neither group is able to find work right now, one because they have too much experience and one because they have none. I sure wouldn't fault them for taking a job that didn't pay well because you have to do what you have to do.

You say you wouldn't work for that and I'd sure turn it down quick, but if I needed to work and couldn't find anything else I'd sure take it while I continued my search.

6 cpl for transcription - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I recently started with a company doing clinic for that amount -- the ESLs are horrid and most of the clinic notes are 2 pages long. When I emailed and spoke with the HR person regarding the pay with clinic notes, she explained to me that the owner would not pay any higher and it was "because of the prima donna MTs." They have me on 2 clinics, but it seems like the majority of the work I get is "the garbage clinic." I took this job because most of my work experience has been as an IC and therefore, could not collect unemploymemnt and I have to try to survive some how -- stressed right now, with the way my financial situation has become. However, this company does have acute care, paying 8 cpl, and have told HR personnel that that is more my area of expertise and to please put me on acute care -- no response after 2 days. Thank heavens, I received a phone call yesterday from another company, tested and passed and was offered employment as either an employee at 8 cpl or IC at 9 cpl.

I definitely agree that these companies are doing "whatever" to we MTs. When I started working from home back in the late 80s early 90s I was making 5 cents a line and that was with casette tapes.

I love this post and I agree. - hahahahaha

[ In Reply To ..]

Here we go again - *insert bored eye roll here*

[ In Reply To ..]
Yawn.

GROW - UP!

[ In Reply To ..]
We want the ads here, so please.... calm yourself down before you lose it all the way. If you don't like it then move past it, but darn we want the companies posting here whether we like the pay, hours, equipment, or whatever else... if you are so above it, then why do you post such nonsense?? You seem really immature which is so sad!
:(

Oh, come on. It is just a little humor. Maybe you should try some. - What a hoot. No M

[ In Reply To ..]
X

I was making 6 cpl in 1977. Will I work for that in 2010? - No frackin way. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

Were you using an expander to type 45% - of your keystrokes for you in 1977? NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I so agree!! It is pathetic what this (sm) - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
"career" has come to. I have 15 years of experience and was offered that....with NO spaces. I don't think so!! AND they acted like I should be grateful to get that. I really wish we all could do something along the lines of walk off the job.

Similar Messages:

Transcription Doctors' Ad For Paying 3 Cents A Line
Apr 16, 2012

Hey, I thought the moderator "unposted" the jobs that were posted here if they paid less than 4 cents a line.  I wonder whatever happened to that?  It seems like I read that somewhere, anyhow.  At 3 cents a line, TTD is  beginning to bump up against the states' minimum wages.  The only way that I see that they will be able to get around that is by saying they will hire independent contractors only, and I don't think we are all so stupid as to take 3 ...

.03¢ A Line VR Editing
Sep 29, 2010

Was just trying for a job with a company, sent my resume, asked me what hours I was looking for, how much experience I had and then dropped the bomb that they only pay 3¢ a line for VR editing.  Is there anyone out there making a decent wage doing editing for so little?  ...

Legality? This 1 Cent Per Line QA Punishment
Aug 21, 2014

Has anyone reported MModal (or Nuance, I think Nuance does it too) to the Department of Labor for this QA crap?  I only make 0.04 and they're taking 0.03 !?  I don't think so.  I am so angry.  Responses appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Possible 3 Cent A Line Paycut But WHOA I Get AHDI And
Mar 02, 2010

After sleeping on this.  I am so mad that my hands are shaking.  I have WONDERFUL reference material of my own - printed, online and software.  What are they GIVING me?  So to those of us who have a certain client who is KNOWN for poor audio CONSTANTLY, popping, hissing, squealing, fading in and out -- not to mention the over abundance of ESL dictators who not only cannot speak English but eat, yawn and whistle while they are dictating -- we have been told for all ...

Newbie .07/cent Line.. .Good Start?
Mar 05, 2011

Just got hired! Waiting for some response... is .07/cents line worthy starting pay?? ...

Paying By Gross Line
Oct 16, 2013

Does anyone know companies that pay by gross line? ...

Paying A Company To Work For Them?
Mar 05, 2012

I have never heard of this before.  They take money out of every paycheck (no matter how long you work for them) to pay for licensing fees?  What's up with this? ...

Best Paying Company That Will Take New Grads?
Jul 10, 2013

x ...

CANANDIAN COMPANY PAYING U.S. IC
Jun 15, 2015

Random question.  If a company located in Canada pays someone in the US (via PayPal), do taxes have to be paid?  Does anyone else have an arrangement like this? ...

Anyone Know Of A Decent Paying Company For Radiology?
Jan 07, 2014

Looking for work in Radiology.  Currently working, but making very poor income even at 6 cpl editing.  That should be good, but I don't know why I am not making more.  Maybe the way they count the lines or something.  Anybody know of a good place for a decent income in Radiology? ...

I Found Out What Hospitals Are Actually Paying Nuance Per Line
May 20, 2015

Recently found out that two Chicagoland hospitals who outsourced to Nuance are paying them a whopping 15 to 15.5 cents per line for VR.  With this being an almost virtual world now and very little overhead, it is a terrible injustice for Nuance to pay their MTs only a fraction/peanuts of what they are getting paid.  While Nuance owners are laughing all the way to the bank, it is time for every Nuance MT to formulate a "get out of jail/Nuance" plan ASAP. I was told ...

Wordzxpressed - Any Thoughts About This Company?
Oct 11, 2013

Did anyone else take their Orthopedics employment test and find it eerily NOT difficult?  I mean it was just plain easy. What's up with that? There has to be a catch. Any thoughts about this company? Current or past employees? ...

Oracle Transcription - Any Thoughts
Apr 07, 2011

Anyone have any thoughts on working for Oracle Transcription? ...

Transcription Experts - Any Thoughts - Nm
Mar 27, 2012

nm ...

Some Thoughts About Quality In Transcription.
Dec 08, 2012

A very short word on background.  In preparation for certification as a quality process analyst (American Society for Quality), I've reviewed AHDI's "Best Practices" recommendations, which has been at least tacitly accepted as a "standard" in the industry.  I chose to address this "standard" because (a) I have over two decades in the field in a variety of roles, and (b) I've known intuitively for some time that the standard was deeply flawed.  I felt it was time tha ...

LINE RATES - A Company That Offers 7.6 Cpl On A 50 Character Line
Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance. ...

Okay, If You Were Making .04/line With VR But Offered 08/line With Transcription . . . Unlimited Amt
Apr 22, 2010

I do have some benefits with the VR job, but not good enough to even take them on right now.  After 3 months I will start accruing PTO up to 12 days a year.  Is it worth it?  I was thinking having benefits would be really nice for once in the last 16 years, but now I am thinking it may not be worth the struggle to make a living on VR.  They said the platform for transcription is chartnet or chartscript?  What do you all think? ...

MTSOs - Why Anyone Would Do VR For 0.03 Per Line Or Straight Transcription For 0.07 Per Line
Mar 13, 2012

It's beyond me why anyone would do VR for 0.03 per line or straight transcription for 0.07 per line, even 0.08 stinks.  Are we all that desperate to let these companies get away with not paying a living wage?  It's outrageous.  As long as MTs send their resumes to these companies and apply for these positions, the longer it will take to bring us back to the pay level we deserve.   At this point, i'd rather starve then sell my soul to the devil. ...

Gout S/l Cry Es Cent
May 28, 2010

Under assessment, gout s/l cry es cent.  ...

Don't Be Shy, How Many Took At Least 1 Cent Base Pay Cut
Jun 15, 2012

After becoming Nuance employee? I'm curious if any 9-centers (and up) got to keep their pay after mergers. ...

1/2 Cent Per Word
Oct 28, 2012

Does anyone know what a 1/2 cent per word would come out to be from transcribing, say, like a 20-page document?  I just saw a company advertised on Indeed.com and it said 1/2 cent per word.  I am like, What? ...

Im Getting Suspicious Of My Company's Line-count
Dec 11, 2009

Is there a way to count lines I've typed somewhere in MS Word?  I want to be able to count lines (or keystrokes, perhaps?) with my own PC's software, not THEIRS, to see if I'm getting cheated.   Any ideas? ...

Company That Will Pay An Experienced (30 Years) MT More Than $.09/line?
Jul 17, 2010

Anyone know of a company that will pay an experienced (30 years) MT more than $.09/line? ...

Company Offering QA 3 Cents Per 65 VBC Line?
Aug 02, 2010

Those are slave wages to a highly experienced QA person.  What is the industry stooping to these days? ...

Line Rates And Company Profits
Feb 15, 2012

Anyone struggling since your line rates were cut back to less than what you were hired for?  I am struggling, but with extra hours, getting by, just barely. It makes it really tough though, when you read that the company, which boasts at being the best thanks to "you",  posts a 32.9 Million $ profit for 2011.  Wow, I'm sure the stockholders are pleased, in fact, they are saying that TR is a good investment.  I'm really proud that I have contribut ...

Company Uses Smartype And Wants To Start Me At 0.05/line
Oct 28, 2012

I am looking for extra cash but am I signing my soul over for this much or is smartype really that productive????? ...

Compare Company Line Rates (sm)
Apr 03, 2014

Can we post line rates quoted to experienced MTs this year?  I think many of us do not wish to waste applying and testing for a company that is reducing the line rate AGAIN to only .03 cpl.  If anyone was offered less than .04/.08, did you turn it down? Did they offer more? Name of company?Thanks for any input.  ...

Why Would We Write An Essay Praising A 3 Cent Cut
Mar 24, 2010

in pay for not guessing for a blank? What are they thinking?!?! ...

Question About Zillionth Of A Cent Increase ? Sm
Apr 13, 2010

remember email few weeks back with our so-called "increase" in line rate.  mine was an magnificent 0.001 per line but didn't show up in last paycheck.   Was this error/missed or did they decide we weren't worthy of that huge amount of money either.   ohhhh my aching head .... ...

Regarding: • Re: INSCRIBE - BooBear
Feb 20, 2013

I can't post a public reply on that thread.  The only option is "reply by email." Is it just me or is that normal for the company board?  I don't want to send an email.  What is up?  ...