A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How long before hearing back from Nuance? Anyone know? This is ad dated 1/11. nm - Need a job

Posted: Jan 19, 2012

nm

My experience with Nuance... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
...is that they didn't do anything speedy, long time to hear from recruiter, then hurry up and get computer up and running, hurry up and take training classes. Then wait, wait, wait to start work. The whole process took well over a month and was very frustrating, to say the least.

Needless to say, I didn't last very long with them, although some people seem to be happy there. It didn't take me long to realize the job wasn't for me.

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion.

Take it as a sign of things to come - albert

[ In Reply To ..]
if they hire you. I'm completely disgusted with their poor communication, buck-passing, and general disregard for the people who keep them in business. Of course, this is my opinion.

Currently working for Nuance.... - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
....and I'm only doing that because I can't afford to wait so long to start work again. The other repliers to your post were correct. After being out of work for two months, it took another 3-1/2 weeks to get fully trained b/c of the number of training classes and the lack of communication between supervisors. When hired, I had been assigned to a certain account, but then someone decided to change my accounts without telling me or informing the supervisor of that account. Then, it took another 3 or so weeks to actually get consistent work. The major problem I have found is that there are way too many supervisors. I've been working with them for five months and still don't know who my direct supervisor is!!

my experience totally different. - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hired mid-December. Within 1 week, I completed all the training classes. I started working on my account right away. I have not run out of work yet. I think it depends on what part of the company you are hired on at. I read a lot of negative posts here on them but so far, knock on wood, I have not had 1 problem.

Nuance - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
I too trained within one week and started working on my account right away. So far, the company has been great and I really enjoy working here.

Similar Messages:

Hearing Back
Apr 14, 2011

Did anyone hear back after sending their resume to Transform for the positions they have available?  I hate this waiting and waiting...it makes me nervous. ...

Has Anybody Else Not Been Hearing Back From Companies?
Jan 30, 2011

I have applied to 20 different companies for jobs and not one single company has replied.  I have over 20 years of experience.  Is it just me or is the medical transcription field just flooded right now with people submitting resumes because nobody wants to do voice activation?  In the past, I would always hear back right away.  ...

Hearing Back From Apps.
Dec 10, 2012

I'm just wondering.  Does anyone EVER hear from any of these companies after applying and sending a resume.   Just curious.   Not asking for much just a little acknowledgement.  ...

Wondering If There Is A Typical Lag Time For Hearing Back Once You Have Tested.
Sep 25, 2012

Tough to decide who to test with these days, but having done so I don't want to just sit here forever waiting for a response that should have long since come indicating, therefore, that no response will be coming.  Any thoughts?  A week?  Less?  More? ...

How Long To Hear Back From TTS
Jul 23, 2014

For those of you who work for TTS, how long did it take to hear something after the initial email with a list of questions?  I emailed the answers to those questions a few days ago.  ...

NEMT - How Long Does It Take For Them To Get Back
Feb 17, 2015

I tested for them and a couple of others. Got offers for the others but would like to see what NEMT can do before I accept anything. Does anyone have any idea how long they take to respond after testing? This happened once before with another company I heard from after I accepted another offer. Don't want to jump the gun but don't want to not have a job either. ...

How Long Does It Take To Hear Back On Holiday PTO?
Nov 18, 2009

Just curious if anyone has heard back from their CCM regarding holiday PTO.  With the big switch of from CTL back to CCM I am afraid that all my requests will go unanswered.  So what do you do when your PTO request (holiday or not ) is left sitting?  Do you take the day off anyway? ...

Anybody Know How Long It Takes For BOS To Get Back With You Re: VA Work?
Mar 30, 2010

Just curious.  Sent in CL/resume Saturday.  Know they got it because I had to resend resume.  Wondering just how long it would take to get to working because have to get security clearance certification and background investigation.  Sounds like a long time. ...

To Nn ... How Long After Testing Did Aero Get Back To You? Nm
Feb 08, 2011

thanks ...

How Long To Hear Back After Applying
Feb 13, 2013

I applied for a hospital job (non-MT) about 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing yet.  I am just wondering how long I should wait to hear back.  This is not the only job I applied to, sending out resumes, but this is the one I wanted.  The job is still posted on their website, so presumably not filled yet.  Does it normally take this long or am I being unrealistic?  Should I just move on?  I want to move on, tired of waiting.  Just wondering if anybody else has a ...

How Long Does Precyse Take To Get Back To You After The Testing?
Aug 31, 2013

How long does Precyse take to get back to you after the testing?  Or do they not even get back to you?  What's the scoop on these people? ...

How Long Does It Take Modal To Get Back To You If You Got A Ticket Number. I Had A Problem
Apr 19, 2013

and called last evening and still have not gotten called back. ...

Any Long-time MTs (over 30 Years) Having Chronic Neck/back Pain
Apr 25, 2011

Any long-time MTs (over 30 years) having chronic neck/back pain, hand pain, wrist pain, migraines, etc., ever had luck at filing a workers comp claim? ...

Type "Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...." Or "A Letter, Dated 08/12/09, States...&quo
Apr 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the more preferred way to type the above sentence would be?   Also, should I not use commas before "dated" and after the date or should I just straight type it "The report dated 08/12/09 states...."  We have a few different opinions in the office (which only dictated and have somewhat poor use of the English language) and I would like to see what you, the MT community, thinks.   Thanks! ...

It Has Been A Long While Since Nuance Took
May 28, 2014

So I don't really remember, but I do NOT recall them offering a choice of NOT accepting to become an employee of Nuance, just all the details of what the merger or whatever it was would be. I get that they would not want everyone to quit en masse, but was there no choice even offered, which is how I recall it, and is it legal for them to do that?    So has anyone else been allowed to make that choice, i.e., UE rather than being sold to the devil?  I would be interested to ...

Re: So Long Nuance.
Aug 20, 2014

Re the post from the person who posted "So long Nuance." I could have written that post regarding time off without pay. When you get in your 60s (as I am) if you have an income you can get by on (my husband has a decent job and I am taking early SS), time with the people you love is the most precious thing you can have. In your 60s, you have probably already lost friends and relatives, and living life to the full becomes the most important thing in your life. At the same time, sometimes you ...

So Long Nuance-Hello Menards
Aug 18, 2014

I wanted to make sure the new job was going to work out before I told you all about it. After 43 years as a medical transcriptionist (will turn 65 next month), I did leave Nuance and started working at Menards as a cashier. For those who do not know (since Menards is only in 14 states so far), it is the third largest do-it-yourself store company, right behind Home Depot and Lowe's. Though there are advantages to the new job, for example, certainly I'll be making more money (though a ve ...

How Long Until Mmodal Gobbles Up Nuance Ya Think?
Oct 15, 2012

eliminate the third biggest so now they have a bigger carrot to dangle.  Face it, Nuance's healthcare is just a drop in the bucket of all their endeavors.  ...

So Long Nuance. Just Worked My Last Shift.
May 14, 2015

It's been real. ...

Does Anyone Know If Nuance Takes Back
Jun 23, 2013

former employees?  I had some serious personal issues going on and had to leave, but things are finally settled down and want to come back. ...

Nuance/Transcend Merger Back On
Apr 24, 2012

News is that Nuance waived their requirements so the merger is back on. Sorry to those from Transcend :(( ...

Nuance Back-pedalling On Compensation
Dec 21, 2014

Looks like they are feeling the impact of angry and/or exiting MTs.  I got E-mail about the 99% used if no audits done and they are back tracking on that now.  I heard they were going back on reducing some platforms by the 88%.  That totally sucked for them to just throw that in as an afterthought.  "Oh, by the way, we forgot to tell you...."  I do appreciate that we got back the weekend differential, tiny though it may be.  That is the ONLY good thing I can say. ...

How Long Does It Take Nuance To Convert Platforms To Their Methods On Companies And Accounts Acquire
Sep 24, 2013

My company was acquired by Nuance a few months back and so far the only thing that has changed has been e-mail addresses.  Paystubs even still reflect our original company name.  Will they keep our proprietary platform or make us change to eScription soon?  Also, we're all ICs.  Does anyone know if we will be required to become Nuance employees at the first of the year?  ...

Sending Nuance's Foot Pedal Back
Jul 03, 2013

Hi, Anyone else recently quit this ridiculous farce of a company called Nuisance... I mean Nuance, and they never mentioned one word about having you ship back the foot pedal?   Do they eventually send out a notice to ship it back or you won't get your last paycheck?  Just curious...  No big loss, my paycheck that is, as I was earning less than minimum wage.  Got a pacycheck for 80 hours that was less than $200 a week.  Seems they have it set up to purposely m ...

You've Offically Pushed Me Into The Decision To Go Back To School, Nuance.
Dec 14, 2012

The latest pay cut was my final straw.  I'm starting my first classes in February for a new career in a field that has nothing to do with healthcare and working every single weekend and holiday for the rest of my life while watching my pay go down instead of up with the more experience I gain.  Thank you for destrying what I considered a career and turning into something I loathe getting out of bed and having to do. ...

Left Medquist (M*Modal) To Work For Webmedx (Nuance). Now Thinking Of Going Back. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

Is anyone in the same boat?  I am seriously contemplating it because I can't afford my medications, groceries, rent, bills, living, etc. anymore. ...

Type "Dated" ?
Dec 03, 2010

Doctor dictates type of report: "MRI OF THE BRAIN: Dated ___ ." Is it okay to put the word "Dated" there or should I omit it? My employer wants me to type verbatim. ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

I Am Hearing
Apr 11, 2011

2+ microcytosis.  Is this correct?  I have not heard it before.  TIA.  ...

2 Am. Not Sure What I'm Hearing
Dec 08, 2011

The dr dictates "Extremities:  No clubbing, cyanosis or edema.  S/L "Emowads" are in place."  Now my head is getting fuzzy and i have 2 turn this in.  Plz help!! ...