A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any companies left that has the "bill me later" option for electronic spellcheckers and bo - Broke

Posted: Oct 23, 2013

I recently started with a new company and my spellchecker disc is broken. Does anyone know of any company or website that lets you purchase these and bill you later? Years and years ago, Lippincott did this but now they don't. It was so helpful before. Are there any companies that do this anymore? Thanks for your help. I am broke but really need this for my job and it is several weeks before payday.

I don't know of any that do that - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

But maybe this free one could tide you over for a while?  I've never used it, so can't vouch for it, just bookmarked it for just in case when I saw it posted somewhere (maybe here?) once. 

http://mtherald.com/free-medical-spell-checker-for-microsoft-word-custom-dictionary/

There is an actual service called BILL ME LATER - Partner with Paypal

[ In Reply To ..]
If you can buy it via EBay you can easily get this service, otherwise you'd have to see if the BILL ME LATER website has merchants who sell the product you want.

BILL ME LATER saved my life! right down to buying DOG FOOD when my paycheck runs out.

Bill Me Later - greyhoundmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Please look at your e mail. I sent you a message.

Thanks

Didn't get an email ? - try again?

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Any Good Companies Left Out There?
Apr 05, 2013

I've been in the MT business for 7 years now.  After being let go for low workload from my last company I was lucky enough to take the last 4 months off but now feeling the crunch and need to get back.  I've been with about 4 different companies in the past but now doing the research I just don't see any companies that people seem to LIKE to work for!  If anyone has a company that's legit and seems to be an okay place to work please let me know!!   Thank ...

Any Good Companies Left?
May 07, 2013

Are there ANY good companies out there? I only see negative about every single company that is hiring. Seriously, only negative.  Never a good word about any of them. Has it really come to this?  I work for Nuance so I know they are bad. I've worked for MedQuist, need I say it?  Both of these were not my choice but buyouts of fantastic companies.  So, let's hear it.... are there any good ones left? ...

Now That Synernet Is Going To VR, Are There Any Companies Left Sm
Aug 26, 2013

that have straight transcription, besides SoftScript?  I thought maybe I had found my home with Synernet, but they are now also handing out the big lie of how MTs can make just as much money with VR.  Greed wins, MT loses. ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Do Straight Transcription Instead Of VR?? NM.
Sep 11, 2011

x ...

Are There Any Good Companies To Work For Left?!!
Apr 10, 2012

Are there any decent companies left to work for?  I know its the trade these days, but I was making a lot more money 10 yrs ago when I started in this field than I am now.  So frustrating!!  My current company I run out of work ALL THE TIME, but dont know where else to even look that I'm not going go run into the same.  Any suggestions? ...

Medical Spellcheckers
Sep 28, 2010

I have been using a platform for the last 4 years that has the spellchecker.  Now I'm looking at work where I would need to have this.  I saw Stedman's is $99, ouch.  Then I saw some free medical spellcheckers, and some in between.  Anyone use the free software?  Is Stedman's worth the high price?  Any advice/feedback is appreciated!  ...

What Mid-size To Large Companies Are Left That Are Not Part Of MQ?
Feb 06, 2012

I want to work as an employee and have benefits. I need health insurance and really want PTO.  I want a company big enough to be busy but I CANNOT AND WILL NOT  work for MQ again.  I thought that DSG was the answer for me and have enjoyed working there the last 2 years.  Yesterday was my last day as I refuse to be an MQ employee even for a day.  I have a small savings account, and my husband has a decent job, so I am not desperate but I will need to be working within the ...

Are There Any Companies That Do Straight Typing That Hire ICs Left? Sm
Mar 20, 2013

please message me if you have any advice.  Lost my great job to EMR and have NEVER done speech rec, but need a JOB! ...

Free Medical Spellcheckers
Jul 04, 2014

Is there one better than another free medical spellchecker programs when it comes to compatiblility with eScription?  Which works best with this platform?  Not interested in buying Stedman's product.  Thanks! ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Still Provide A Company Computer For Employees? Sm
Oct 07, 2012

I'm just talking about employees here, not ICs.  It amazes me that as a company employee, we would not be provided the most important tool we need to work with all set up to company specs, loaded with company s/w.  If we worked on site, would we be expected to bring in our own computers?  I don't think so. Thanks. ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

New MT. How/What To Bill?
Apr 19, 2012

I just started working as an MT 5 or 6 weeks ago.  I have about 10 IME's I need to bill them for.  What is the going rate for this, if someone wouldn't mind explaining to me? They asked what my going rate was, and I had no idea.  They said, it's usually .11/line.  The doctor is very difficult to understand sometimes, so it can take much longer to decipher what he says.  I keep telling myself that I am receiving, basically, paid learn-as-you-go training, so ...

Coding A Bill
Aug 10, 2011

I have a question ?? I am a transcriptionist in a surgeons office.  I transcribe the report, fax it if it needs to be faxed and it gets filed in chart.  The billing takes place 2 to 3 weeks later for the service depending on how current the coder is.  Now.... this is the question.  The physician is very greedy and likes to have level III and IV charges.  His gait keeper has decided that he was not dictating enough and not getting the higher levels and too many level IIs. ...

Bill Passed
Mar 31, 2014

nm ...

What Company Is Bill Baker Associated With?
Nov 30, 2009

He has an ad on the job board for 3 FT MTs, but there's no company name listed.  Anyone know the company name?  ...

Duck Bill Retractor
Jun 22, 2010

Is it one word?  Capitalized? ...

Can You Bill For An Unseen Patient? Sm
Jul 30, 2014

A patient came in to the office, threw his urine drug screen req form at me, spouted off profanities at my doctor, got in his face, threatened him with both physical violence and a lawsuit (for telling him to leave and calm down and then come back), called him a bunch of names and then stomped off.  Can't bill for that, can I?  It seems a shame since that slot could have been used for a good patient, not to mention the whole thing took 25 minutees.  ...

Companies That Still Transcribe. Are There Any Left That Do Just Transcribe And Not Editing From Voi
Nov 04, 2012

x ...

Someone Please Tell Me Why My Phone Bill Is $550 Frickin Dollors?
Dec 13, 2010

I'm looking at our phone bill for a 12port system and its $550!   that is ridiculous!   and why in the world would I want to pay 15 or 18 cents PER MINUTE for a company to let me use their phone lines when Toll Free only costs 3 cents per minute???   Something has got to give or this industry in the US is going to CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

I Wonder How The New Health Care Bill Will Affect Our Jobs?
Nov 08, 2009

I.e., how will Medquist use the new bill to their benefit? ...

Bill S.3480 Will Give Feds Power To Shut Down The Internet
Jun 16, 2010

The internet is a dangerous place and this goes a bit too far but it is illustrative of how the danger is being recognized. I think it is just a matter of time before medical records will no longer be processed over the internet. Once that happens, perhaps our jobs will come back. ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Option To Get Out ...
Sep 20, 2011

Sorry in advance for the length of this post but I've been reading and I just couldn't sit still any longer.  I'm a long-time MQ employee - this is my 14th year.  When I first started out, the income was crazy.  Literally I made more money in bonuses and incentives than I made in my regular production pay.  It was not uncommon for my paychecks to be in the $2000 range.  Over the years, the bonuses and incentives ended, and to help supplement my income (I t ...

There Is Another Option.....
Oct 24, 2013

Our lives have become totally ruined by this company. Unfortunately, commiserating with each other, while helping to alleviate anxiety, will not solve the problem. I have thought of this option, and some friends have suggested the same thing, Class Action Suit!  There must be a way we can recoup our lost wages. I cannot believe that what this company has done to us is legal.  It may take awhile, but aside from finding another job that pays better (which is just not available), I believ ...

Another Option For Transitioning From MT
Mar 24, 2010

Transcribing the dictation of various physician assistants made me wonder what was involved in becoming a PA, so I looked into the PA programs in my state.  I have a BA and already have all the science prereqs, so I decided to apply.  I'm retiring from my full-time job (not medical related) in April and wondered what I would do with myself with just my part-time MT job to keep me busy.  Now I know.  I start in the PA program with the summer session.  If you have a ...

Search Option
Jul 11, 2010

Hi, Is there a search query anywhere on the MTStars website?  I recall there used to be one, but I cannot find it.  Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Failure Is NOT An Option.
Feb 28, 2011

x ...

Unemployment An Option?
Nov 03, 2014

Does anyone know if unemployment is an option with all the OOW? ...

UNEMPLOYMENT AN OPTION.....YES !!!!!!!
Nov 03, 2014

No Work Without Pay Option
Feb 19, 2015

Can we no longer take this option?  In Remedy you only have 2 options to choose, make up or PTO.  I don't want to make up or use my PTO for out of work. What to do?   ...