A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Are there any companies left that do straight transcription instead of VR?? NM. - MinnaB

Posted: Sep 11, 2011

x

Keystrokes - KSmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't know about all their accounts, but the account I was hired for is straight transcription.

Straight Transcription - beadgal

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Keystrokes and the account I am on is now in the process of switching over to VR

Straight transcription - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
SoftScript is always advertising for straight transcription, although I never worked for them.

Softscript - MinnaB

[ In Reply To ..]
I applied to them, but despite hiring me previously with the SAME experience I have now (duh)...THIS time they decided I didnt have enough OP experience...go figure that one!! I wasnt able to stay with them the first time b/c all we could get out here then was dial-up and was just TOOOO slow for their platform.

Another company - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Silent Type but I think they require extensive op note experience too. :(
My account for KS is straight typing, too - HappyatKS
[ In Reply To ..]
I believe all of Keystrokes acute care is straight typing. If not all, most of it is anyway. I know clinic has VR.

Oracle/OTI for IC work - AnaPhylaxis

[ In Reply To ..]
x

OTI also does have VR. When you opt out you get the lousy dictators. - OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
d

wordZXpressed - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Are There Any Companies That Do Straight Typing That Hire ICs Left? Sm
Mar 20, 2013

please message me if you have any advice.  Lost my great job to EMR and have NEVER done speech rec, but need a JOB! ...

What Companies Offer Straight Transcription Only
Jun 01, 2012

Does anyone know what companies are straight transcription? I am looking for an employee position not an IC. I really do not know the first thing about how to going about being an IC, so I will stick with what I know.   Thanks! ...

Are There Any Companies Hiring P/t That Still Offer Straight Transcription (no VR)?
Dec 16, 2012

Looking for p/t straight transcription with a reliable company.  Are there any left that don't require VR? ...

What Is Up With All Of These Companies Cutting The Pay For Straight
Jun 07, 2011

I'm not understanding if a person was making 8 or 9 cents a line for straight transcription and then the account goes to voice rec and the pay is decreased for that, why is the pay for straight transcription also going down?  It's the same doctors, so why am I now suddenly worth 2 cents less to do straight transcription?  Personally, if it isn't VR worthy, then you would think that it would still be worth the 8 or 9 cents a line.  ...

Any Companies That Use Straight Typing
Feb 10, 2012

Really don't like VR. ...

Companies That Have Straight Typing???????
Jun 28, 2014

Does anyone know of a company that has also straight typing too?? I know VR is here to stay but I think it is not a good fit for me anymore.   ...

Are There Companies Out There Who Still Do Straight Typing Anymore?
Oct 04, 2012

Any Companies Doing Straight Typing Anymore?
Nov 02, 2012

I have over 15+ years experience but stopped working in November of 2010 to be at home with my two young boys and give them my full attention. Now that they are both in school, I am wanting to start back typing again. I have looked on several sites but mostly all I find is VR or SR jobs, which I despise. Can anyone tell me of any places that hire for straight typing? Thanks! ...

Are There Any Companies Still Out There That Hire For Straight Typing?
Apr 21, 2014

I've given VR a fair shot for close to a year now, but I still type much faster than I edit, so I've lost quite a bit of money since my account went to VR last year.  I know that VR is almost everywhere these days, but does anyone know of any decent companies that still have straight typing and are actually hiring right now?  I'm looking for acute care and I really don't care if it's IC or employee status at this point.  I just want to do regular transcrip ...

Recent Posts Regardng "good Companies, Straight Typing Etc.i
May 16, 2013

I personally, am getting really tired of the posts regarding "who is the best company to work for, who offers straight tying as ooposed t to VR etc.  I now worK for a company that is straight typing only and pays weekly. and pays a decent wage.   I have also talked to MTSOs   within the last 2 months, that REFUSE t0 d0 VR, and the hospitals have agreed not to do VR.  What  may be a "good fit" for one person, is not going to be a good fit for another.  I&nb ...

Any Good Companies Left Out There?
Apr 05, 2013

I've been in the MT business for 7 years now.  After being let go for low workload from my last company I was lucky enough to take the last 4 months off but now feeling the crunch and need to get back.  I've been with about 4 different companies in the past but now doing the research I just don't see any companies that people seem to LIKE to work for!  If anyone has a company that's legit and seems to be an okay place to work please let me know!!   Thank ...

Any Good Companies Left?
May 07, 2013

Are there ANY good companies out there? I only see negative about every single company that is hiring. Seriously, only negative.  Never a good word about any of them. Has it really come to this?  I work for Nuance so I know they are bad. I've worked for MedQuist, need I say it?  Both of these were not my choice but buyouts of fantastic companies.  So, let's hear it.... are there any good ones left? ...

Now That Synernet Is Going To VR, Are There Any Companies Left Sm
Aug 26, 2013

that have straight transcription, besides SoftScript?  I thought maybe I had found my home with Synernet, but they are now also handing out the big lie of how MTs can make just as much money with VR.  Greed wins, MT loses. ...

Are There Any Good Companies To Work For Left?!!
Apr 10, 2012

Are there any decent companies left to work for?  I know its the trade these days, but I was making a lot more money 10 yrs ago when I started in this field than I am now.  So frustrating!!  My current company I run out of work ALL THE TIME, but dont know where else to even look that I'm not going go run into the same.  Any suggestions? ...

What Mid-size To Large Companies Are Left That Are Not Part Of MQ?
Feb 06, 2012

I want to work as an employee and have benefits. I need health insurance and really want PTO.  I want a company big enough to be busy but I CANNOT AND WILL NOT  work for MQ again.  I thought that DSG was the answer for me and have enjoyed working there the last 2 years.  Yesterday was my last day as I refuse to be an MQ employee even for a day.  I have a small savings account, and my husband has a decent job, so I am not desperate but I will need to be working within the ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Still Provide A Company Computer For Employees? Sm
Oct 07, 2012

I'm just talking about employees here, not ICs.  It amazes me that as a company employee, we would not be provided the most important tool we need to work with all set up to company specs, loaded with company s/w.  If we worked on site, would we be expected to bring in our own computers?  I don't think so. Thanks. ...

Is 8 Cpl For Straight Transcription As An IC Too Low?
Dec 17, 2011

I'm looking to transition from being an employee to an IC postion.  I've been offered 8 cpl for straight transcription.  Is this the new going rate, or should I hold out for more?  I've got about 9 years of experience.  Thanks! ...

Looking For Straight Transcription Job
May 04, 2012

Does anyone know of a company that is hiring for straight transcription? My job recently changed over to speech recognition and my pay has been cut almost in half because of it. ...

Straight Transcription
Oct 17, 2012

Are there any transcription companies out there that still use straight transcription that are hiring? ...

Increased ASR, Less Straight Transcription??
Oct 24, 2010

Anybody notice increased ASR in the last week or 2, with less straight typing.  Just when I thought I had already hit the lowest I possibly could, they do this.  I was at least getting between 100-300 transcription lines before, now all the sudden lucky to get any.  My pay has already been deposited in the bank, down another $100 from before.  What do they want next, blood? ...

VR Versus Straight Transcription
Apr 28, 2011

With my company I get about 80% editing and 20% straight transcription, about half as much per line editing as for transcription, of course.  Personally, I'd rather transcribe a difficult dictator than edit most anyone.  My pet peeve is when a difficult dictator's reports (which used to be transcribed) gets changed to editing status, and it takes just as long to fix the VR document but now at about half as much pay. ...

Why Are All The Reports Straight Transcription Now?
Jul 31, 2012

Not complaining, just curious.  Wondering how long I will get to type before the cruddy ASR starts again.  ...

Straight Transcription Definition
Aug 01, 2012

Can someone define for me exactly what "straight transcription" is when a company advertises for it.... I am an IC looking for the best possible line rate. Thanks! ...

Keystrokes - Straight Transcription Or VR?
Nov 19, 2012

I saw their ad that they are hiring.  I was curious, are their accounts straight transcription or VR?  I have been on VR for so many years now I actually prefer editing, but my paycheck has suffered pretty badly.  ...

Changing A VR Job To Straight Transcription
Jun 11, 2013

Sorry to bother everyone, but knew I could get an answer here.  You have a job that comes to you as VR, can someone tell me exactly what you do to change it to straight transcription?  I thought I remembered if being F11 so I did that and it said it was going to delete the text. I said okay and transcribed job.  Do I need to do anything other than that?  It never showed up in my transcription line count for the day but it is showing up as VR line count and I wondered if I did ...

Straight Transcription On Windows 8
Jul 07, 2013

Does anyone know of any transcription companies that have openings with straight transcription that accept Windows 8? I had to buy a new computer and there are so many companies that do not accept Windows 8. Good luck everyone when you have to buy a new computer because Windows 8 is the only thing out there now. ...

SR Vs Straight Transcription With Arthritis
Oct 18, 2013

Is SR easier on your fingers, joints than straight transcription? TIA. ...

Straight Transcription Counted As ASR
Nov 25, 2013

Noticed today that my one and only transcription report, was counted as an ASR job. What? I debated what to do, because it was a short dictation, after all. But, no I can't allow that. I have to count every penny. So watch those kinds of things, too. Check your stats, make some type of notation. Shouldn't let this type of thing go... ...

Straight Medical Transcription
Mar 28, 2014

Are there any companies left that do straight clinic typing with no SR?  If so, I would appreciate a share.  Contact me via e-mail.  ...

IC For 7 Cents A Line For Straight Transcription....sm
Aug 23, 2011

and 3 cents for VR?  Unbelievable!  That equates to about 5 cents and 2 cents per line respectively after taxes, and they require a second or third shift schedule.  Are they serious?  I guess some MTs are content to work for little more than minimum wage.  Too bad! ...