A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Someone please tell me why my phone bill is $550 frickin dollors? - RAH

Posted: Dec 13, 2010

I'm looking at our phone bill for a 12port system and its $550!   that is ridiculous!   and why in the world would I want to pay 15 or 18 cents PER MINUTE for a company to let me use their phone lines when Toll Free only costs 3 cents per minute???   Something has got to give or this industry in the US is going to CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if anyone corrects my spelling of dollars, I'm going to lose it :) - RAH

[ In Reply To ..]
its early and i'm irritated already, sheesh, going to be a long day!

Were you not aware of costs when you started using this service? - Just wonderin. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I was, but I still don't like it :( - RAH

[ In Reply To ..]
do you like paying that outrageous cost? I doubt it...

I wouldnt have signed on for it in first place, once I knew cost. - Cant believe one would do that and then complain.

[ In Reply To ..]
x
I don't think looking for a better solution is complaining? - rah
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think looking for a better solution is complaining, to be honest. In my opinion, we had better get competitive in this business or get a new business. Are you happy with what you pay for voice capture? I doubt it.
Original post was complaint about cost for service you signed up for - which makes no sense to me. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
If you think this is too high, WHY did you sign up for it? And then to complain???
Precisely! - MT2
[ In Reply To ..]
That's like looking at a menu, seeing a steak cost $25, ordering it, and after you've consumed it whine because it cost too much.

The OP makes no sense to me.

if YOU chose it, then shouldn't your rant be at yourself?? (scratching my head).
Attitudes like yours are why American MTSOs are failing to stay on top of it!! - rah
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not satisfied with the posted price. And simply because I signed on for something at one point certainly doesn't mean that there aren't better options coming along in the future! NEVER SETTLE, LADIES!!! and there in stay competitive! now you know you both agree with me, so I don't know why you're trying to act so fussy! Reducing costs is paramount for long term business strategy, period!
Your first phone bill and you are reducing now. I dont get why - you signed up in the first place. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Where did I say it was my first phone bill? you know what they say about assuming! - rah
[ In Reply To ..]
you seem to spend a lot of energy with snotty posts and attempts to irritate people? why so angry? you should spend a little time with some more positive energy! try saying something nice sometime or forcing a smile on your face. You'll be glad you did! oh, and when you want to sell, let me know!
If you think you should just stay with what you have and forget staying on top of it, close up shop - rah
[ In Reply To ..]
Get serious! thats your opinion? just keep what you have and be happy with getting taken to the cleaners? this isn't a bad relationship, ladies! this is business, stay on top of the best products out there or go find another business! India will take you to the cleaners anyways!!! If your number one priority isn't cutting costs, then close up shop, you're done. If you're number two priority isn't new business, start digging a hole, you're going to need it! If you're serious, no wonder America is in the trouble it is, what a bunch of cry babies and quitters.
I don't know what your costs are doing, girls, but mine are going down! thanks for the help da - rah
[ In Reply To ..]
that will put several hundred dollars in my pocket immediately! thanks for the referral, Dancing fingers! that company is great, I don't know how they make any money, but I know they're going to make me some!!!

High phone bill - Trying2 help

[ In Reply To ..]
Check with your service, I have unlimited long distance in the United States for $30 a month no matter how many minutes I use and it is worth it.
thankyou for your help, but no need now, this company is replacing them for next to nothing - rah
[ In Reply To ..]
one of the other posters referred me to a company called unlimited dictation, they are going to put my entire dictation system on a "cloud" so I won't need these lines and this huge bill anymore! the entire cost is 99 dollars a month! thats peanuts compared to what my phone bill is! thanks for trying though, good luck to you as well!

Ummm - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
What was your agreed-upon rate? Seems you'd know that well ahead of being billed.

Sure I knew it, that doesn't mean I'm going to settle for a crappy deal forever! now I&# - rah

[ In Reply To ..]
the OP was taken as whining of some sort, absolutely not, it was simply my way of shaking the bushes and finding something better! and now I have, I will cut over 500 dollars a month with this new system and all because someone on here was kind enough to help with a referral of a better mousetrap!! kudos to them, and lets all try to keep an eye on whats going on for crying outloud!!

I had that same ridiculous phone bill too, till i switched to unlimited dictation, you might wanna c - dancingfingers

[ In Reply To ..]
(juss sayin)..:)

I called and left a message, how long have you been using them? - RAH

[ In Reply To ..]
and are there other fees?

I've had them a year, I haven't had any problems so far! - dancingfingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I hated paying that phone bill every month. no extra fees..very very happy with the service
They just called me back and set up a free trial, you better be right :) thanks - rah
[ In Reply To ..]
thanks for the help
But did you bother to find out cost once free trial is - over ? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Yes, They said $99/mo flat rate, why? - rah
[ In Reply To ..]
or is that just some sort of cut on me? not sure, but if you're serious, they said I will pay $99/mo flat rate, no extras, no per minute. If thats some sort of cut, very funny :)
Just you seemed surprised about $500 cost, dont want you to be surprised - on this if you didnt find out. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
you are very kind to be so concerned for me :) - rah
[ In Reply To ..]
aren't you the person who mentions all the people in a bad mood down below our post somewhere? makes me wonder which category you fall into? :) either way, I love a spirited dialog, it makes the day go faster!!
Yes, my concern for the human race. The reason I got - into transcription. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
dang, me too - sister nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
My LACK of concern is why I became an MT - catherine0621
[ In Reply To ..]
You don't have to deal with many people, just type. And working at home, a GOD SEND! A day with too many people in it is like a day without sunshine.
I never knew there were so many fellow antisocial people in the world ... - me
[ In Reply To ..]
...until I got into MT. I always thought I was a number one weirdo because I disliked working with people and offices.
My old phone bill was over 600 bucks a month + my lease for the DVI - dancingfingers
[ In Reply To ..]
I pay 199 per month now and i have around 100 doctors registered.If your set up is like mine, your gonna be very happy. :)
I am never paying that bill again! thank you, - rah
[ In Reply To ..]
I think this will work for us! It seems to send all the files we need in mp3 or wav, and we can pick them up however we like. Thank you very much for your advice, this will probably save us $400 a month and we can sell our old DVI! nice

You were the only person on here with a positive response, and it really helped, thanks!! - rah

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks for the suggestion, we got a free trial set up and have been doing some tests! it looks like it will really help, and it will definitely save us a bunch of money! I just wanted to say I appreciated it and that thanks for actually having something positive to say, this place needs it!!

Similar Messages:

New MT. How/What To Bill?
Apr 19, 2012

I just started working as an MT 5 or 6 weeks ago.  I have about 10 IME's I need to bill them for.  What is the going rate for this, if someone wouldn't mind explaining to me? They asked what my going rate was, and I had no idea.  They said, it's usually .11/line.  The doctor is very difficult to understand sometimes, so it can take much longer to decipher what he says.  I keep telling myself that I am receiving, basically, paid learn-as-you-go training, so ...

Does C-phone Work With Cable Phone Line
May 11, 2015

I am thinking about switching my current phone line and going with a bundle deal for our second house.  Does Dictaphone C-phone work through a cable phone line?  I still have the copper wiring at my primary home because I was afraid to switch it so didn't include the phone service in our cable package there.  Thanks!    ...

Coding A Bill
Aug 10, 2011

I have a question ?? I am a transcriptionist in a surgeons office.  I transcribe the report, fax it if it needs to be faxed and it gets filed in chart.  The billing takes place 2 to 3 weeks later for the service depending on how current the coder is.  Now.... this is the question.  The physician is very greedy and likes to have level III and IV charges.  His gait keeper has decided that he was not dictating enough and not getting the higher levels and too many level IIs. ...

Bill Passed
Mar 31, 2014

nm ...

What Company Is Bill Baker Associated With?
Nov 30, 2009

He has an ad on the job board for 3 FT MTs, but there's no company name listed.  Anyone know the company name?  ...

Duck Bill Retractor
Jun 22, 2010

Is it one word?  Capitalized? ...

Can You Bill For An Unseen Patient? Sm
Jul 30, 2014

A patient came in to the office, threw his urine drug screen req form at me, spouted off profanities at my doctor, got in his face, threatened him with both physical violence and a lawsuit (for telling him to leave and calm down and then come back), called him a bunch of names and then stomped off.  Can't bill for that, can I?  It seems a shame since that slot could have been used for a good patient, not to mention the whole thing took 25 minutees.  ...

C-phone With Digital Phone Line
Jun 06, 2012

Anyone know if the C-phone will work with a digital phone line ? (I think it's also called a VOiP line).  I'm moving to a new place that has a digital line & don't know if I should have a regular phone line installed instead. Thanks for any help. ...

I Wonder How The New Health Care Bill Will Affect Our Jobs?
Nov 08, 2009

I.e., how will Medquist use the new bill to their benefit? ...

Bill S.3480 Will Give Feds Power To Shut Down The Internet
Jun 16, 2010

The internet is a dangerous place and this goes a bit too far but it is illustrative of how the danger is being recognized. I think it is just a matter of time before medical records will no longer be processed over the internet. Once that happens, perhaps our jobs will come back. ...

AT&T Phone That Is NOT A Smart Phone?
Aug 07, 2011

Daughter needs a need phone.  Don't want to have to buy a data plan.  What is NOT a Smart Phone these days, but has a full keyboard for texting?  Thanks. ...

Any Companies Left That Has The "bill Me Later" Option For Electronic Spellcheckers And Bo
Oct 23, 2013

I recently started with a new company and my spellchecker disc is broken. Does anyone know of any company or website that lets you purchase these and bill you later? Years and years ago, Lippincott did this but now they don't. It was so helpful before. Are there any companies that do this anymore? Thanks for your help. I am broke but really need this for my job and it is several weeks before payday. ...

Phone #
Jul 31, 2010

Did anyone get an e-mail from you CCM giving you a phone # to call when you run out of work? Has anybody tried this yet? ...

C Phone
Sep 09, 2010

I am a newbie and have noticed on some of the job postings that they require you to have a c phone. Can anyone tell me exactly what this is used for and if it is common to have to use one and why it seems most are not company supplied ? ...

C-phone Or Dvi Phone
Nov 06, 2010

What is a C-phone and DVI.  If I have high speed internet from cable company and also unlimited phone service from same cable service is that a way I can work with DVI or C-phone??   I appreciate any help!!!!  Thanks, Ava ...

Do You Like Your Phone?
Feb 11, 2011

I need a new phone to replace the Uniden that I had for just over 2 years (grrrr) before it died.  I need a base phone and 3 or 4 handsets.  If you have one like this and like it, can you let me know what kind it is?  ...

What Is A C-phone?
Apr 06, 2011

Not sure I know exactly what this is or what it entails.  Are they easy to obtain and use??  ...

C-phone Help Please
Aug 03, 2011

Anyone know how to adjust the backspace control for how much it rewinds after you lift the pedal? Right now, it goes back about a sentence at a time. I'd like to be able to adjust it to go back just a word or two. On older versions of the phone, there used to be a dial on the bottom of the phone for this, but the one I'm using now doesn't have this feature. ...

C-Phone ?
May 10, 2012

Hi everyone. I need to ask a question, which I realize is dumb but here goes. I see that on the jobs listing part of the site there are a couple of companies who require a C-phone. Can someone tell me what this is ?? At first I thought it meant cell phone but realized that can't be right. Thanks everyone for your patience. I guess it is showing that I am an "old school" transcriptionist and do not know anything about newer technology (if this is new).   Take care all xo ...

Help With C-phone
Jul 18, 2014

Hi, This is probably a stupid question, but I'm not a technical person so need some advice. I need a landline to hook up a C-phone.  I am thinking my house phone is a landline, but hubby says no.  We have charter, and the phone line we have goes into a modem which goes into the computer, and he says what is needed is for it to be able to hook into like a wall jack (or some type of something like a box on the wall).  He did try to hook it up last night, and the ...

C Phone Codes
Oct 13, 2009

Anybody know the codes for C-phone to speed up, slow down, go to end of report, go to beginning etc. I know in MT Stars archives but cannot search to find. Thanks ...

C-Phone Beeping
Nov 11, 2009

Does anyone know by chance, if possible, how to turn off the "tone" when a button is pressed such as when signing off a report or any function?  ...

C-phone Codes?
Jun 11, 2010

I am working for someone who cannot tell me the codes on her system for speeding up and slowing down the doctor.  She has all the other codes.  I have tried every combination I can think of using the *.  Any combination I try using the # just gives me the job heading.  Any suggestions? Thank you! ...

Odd Phone Call
Jul 20, 2010

I just got an odd phone call this afternoon.   Someone called and said they were with CAT ?? Technology, Inc.  and told me they were based in New Jersey and asked me if I had any work for them to do.  I have no idea how they got my name and when I asked particulars, they hung up.  Has anyone else gotten a phone call such as this?  I told them I am a one-woman show and do not have any work to source out and they thanked me and hung up.  ...

Phone Interview
Nov 01, 2010

I have a phone interview for a transcription job coming up soon. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the interview will consist of and if anyone has any tips. ...

ET Phone Home
Dec 02, 2010

Dictator:  The pateint is also on prophylaxis with acyclovir. VR:  The patient is also on prophylaxis with a cycle in the air.  ...

C-phone Repair
Dec 23, 2010

I have an ongoing c-phone problem but don't have the time to be wihtout it to send it to the dealer.  Does anyone know who would best be able to fix it?  A computer repair place vs. TV repair, etc.  Any help is appreciated.   Thanks! ...

C-phone Codes
Jun 15, 2011

PLEASE HELP.    I know each person you work for has different codes they program into their C-phone.... I have had several accounts and each had a list of codes, but this particular person I am working for knows nothing about a code to slow down the speed and I am in deseparate need of slowing down some doctors..... If anyone has these similar codes and knows what one slows down speed PLEASE let me know All I know for this particular account is 8 completes, 5 skips, # is header info, 7 ...

C-phone Static
Apr 07, 2011

the c-phone powers on, when i connect to the phone line all I get is static no dial tone, I've tried on two different phone lines...any suggestions? ...

DAC OR C-PHONE QUESTION
May 07, 2011

I have been asked to cover an account that uses either a C-phone or DAC transcription station.  Can you speed up and slow down the voice on these systems?  I used to use a C-phones years ago and I remember that pressing the key 8 mulitple times would slow down the dictation and pressing the key 6 multiple times would speed up the dication.  Do the newer DAC or C-phones still have this option? ...