A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

why are the laptop discussions always being deleted? - anon

Posted: May 16, 2011

nm

Probably moved to a different board because - of subject content.

[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately, IMO, makes it difficult to see MQ technical issue problems when it isn't on MQ. The moderator does her best to keep posts in matching forum subjects.

Because the mod doesn't understand we're talking about - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
laptop use AT MEDQUIST, not just laptops in general... You have to go out of your way to point out repeatedly your post is referring to MEDQUIST, or it'll be moved to another board never to be seen again, LOL.

Response - SM - Moderator

[ In Reply To ..]
The previous laptop post was removed because they were asking for information not allowed on the board.

Discussing use of laptops at MedQuist is fine and appropriate on this board.

Similar Messages:

Discussions About
Mar 11, 2014

They were "discussing" $20 to $30 an hour? If you complete the training and you are offered $12.50, what ya gonna do?  You are signing on for 2 years.   ...

Suggestion To Aid With Income-related Discussions.
Aug 10, 2012

I've noticed that we need some sort of standard reference or metric to use when we talk about income-related issues, and this metric should not merely reference dollars (or cents), but should relate this to <i>a unit of time</i>.  At the end of the day, it's how much you earned per unit of time that really matters, and this the only sort of metric that takes into account all of the variables that a mere monetary reference such as "line rate" does not. The line rate pa ...

The Discussions On Cherry Picking Have Been Very Eye Opening. This Industry
Feb 15, 2010

nm ...

Deleted.
Sep 30, 2010

Deleted. ...

How I Got Out - DELETED
Jul 08, 2012

Sorry kids, but a couple of bad apples have spoiled it for everyone. ...

Deleted
Dec 12, 2014

deleted ...

Posts Deleted.
Jan 19, 2011

I do not post that often; but lately I have noticed that anything I post disappears. What is happening. Could I be banned? ...

Two Posts Now Deleted
May 24, 2012

Whatever company you work for, aside from this board, you need to let everyone know what is going on in this industry.  However you do that, write, phone calls, email, lawsuits, twitter, facebook.   Get the word out about what goes on at your company, in this industry, and how it has affected you.  ...

Why Have So Many Posts Been Deleted?
Nov 22, 2014

There were recently a few posts that I was interested in and all followed posting guidelines and all comments also followed guidelines, and now they have been deleted.  A couple of these posts contained information about a certain MTSO.  I am starting to suspect that certain MTSOs get preferential treatment and/or they are friends with this site owner or moderator, or possibly the moderator is part of this company. This same situation has occurred previously.  Hence, if this does ...

Where's Anil? Deleted?
Feb 07, 2015

hmm.... ...

Union Message Looks Like Deleted
Oct 14, 2009

I guess I could just rest on my laurels (whatever those are) and let it be but must complain, yes complain, about the totao lack of concern for those of us who have had our pay cut 1/2 to 2/3 of what it used to be. We absolutely need someone to represent us. ...

Why Was The EnigmaAJ Post Deleted?
Oct 16, 2009

x ...

I Accidentally Deleted Alt+A, Add To Dictionary.
May 16, 2011

I was working on some macros and needed a command for changing text to Arial 11.  I'm thinking "hmmmm, Arial, A." Let's make it Alt+A.  Does it tell me that's already assigned to something?  Nooooooo.  I totally forgot it's part of the spell checker commands.  So now, when I do spell checks, I don't have the option to add words to the dictionary.  How do I get Alt+A back to it's original state?  I deleted the macro I'd made, ...

Clicking On MQ Mail And Finding It Deleted?
Mar 07, 2011

Has any been having this issue in the last 2 weeks or so?  Click on MQ and getting a message that that message has been deleted??? ...

To The Coding Student Who Deleted Her Post
Sep 01, 2013

This board is not quiet because the coders are working.  It is quiet because coders can't post here.   This board has a problem with a small number of people, apparently not coders, who have a problem with any and all positive postings.  The description below that they jump on the posts like a pack of hyenas was very apt.  They attack the OP and all responses until they derail the thread and either get it deleted or obstruct the original discussion.  This has prett ...

All Main Board Posts Deleted??
May 13, 2015

Why have all the messages on the Main Board been "deleted by author"?? ...

Deleted A File In Express Scribe By Mistake.
Nov 21, 2011

I deleted a file yesterday, and need to get it back if I can.  Is there any way I can recover it?   ...

Can Someone Tell Me How To Get The ADT Info To Show Up On The Typing Screen. I Deleted It Somehow.
Mar 16, 2015

nm ...

New HP Laptop
Dec 31, 2009

Okay, I should have checked all this out before I bought a new computer, I know.  But I didn't and now I am paying for it. My company's software is not compatible with Windows 7 and that's what my new computer installed on it.  I have learned that I can take it to a local repair store and have the XP installed on it and the Word 2003, but then I found out from my employer's IT guy that a 64-bit computer is also not compatible.  Geesh!  Anything else I sho ...

Laptop Help
Jul 28, 2011

After being driven out of my house to a motel for 5 days last week due to the heat (94 degrees even with a small a/c, I think the time is here to get a laptop.  I discovered the motel does have internet access.  It's supposed to be 100 tomorrow. I need suggestions in choosing.  Since I have to have Windows XP, I'm limited to getting a refurb online.  There are lots out there, but mostly Dells, with widely varying models and prices.  I know I want something wit ...

Laptop MT?
Oct 31, 2011

I am sure I could use a laptop just as well as I could use a desktop.  I would like to travel more before things start getting really bad in America.  Plus I would like to visit family more often.  I was wondering if anyone out there works off of a laptop and how they liked it.  I was thinking I would get an external mouse and connect my keyboard so I can make production better.  Any ideas or suggestions?  I have to buy a new computer and I am debating whether I cou ...

Anyone Use A Laptop With A 10-key Pad?
Feb 07, 2012

My Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop died today so I need a replacement ASAP.  I'm writing this on my son's Toshiba Satellite, which has a 10-key pad that my Dell does not.  Is anyone using a laptop w/a 10-key pad?  Would you recommend it?  Thanks in advance. ...

Using Laptop
Sep 29, 2012

I know this is a dumb question, but can mmodal employees use a laptop instead of a regular puter? ...

Does Anyone Use A Laptop For Their Job?
Jan 29, 2013

Just wondering if anyone uses a laptop to do their transcription, or if most people just use a desk top computer. ...

Laptop?
Apr 17, 2013

Duh. ...

What Laptop Do You Use?
Aug 21, 2013

I am thinking of leaving the comfort of my PC and switching to a laptop so I can do a little traveling.  Any tips or suggestions on specs? ...

Need A New Laptop
Oct 04, 2014

Hi, I am looking for recommendations on a  laptop.  It will be a gift (not from my husband) but from a relative.  I would like one with word processing but I am happy to download open office.  I will mainly use the laptop for internet and I would like to get a wireless printer at some time.  I know there is a Google type of laptop where nothing is actually stored.  Some folks say it is better to get a regular laptop.  I wouldn't be opposed to getting a re ...

Laptop
Feb 14, 2015

Does anybody transcribe from a laptop?  Thinking about trying that.     ...

Laptop For Transcription?
Oct 23, 2009

Can you use a laptop to do medical transcription if a different keyboard can be attached?  Just wondering. ...

Footpedal Is Able To Be Used With A Laptop?
Oct 24, 2009

Does anyone know if a footpedal is able to be used with a laptop? Thanks. ...