A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

deleted - lm

Posted: Dec 12, 2014

deleted

Sounds like what I was told. sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this TTS? Was told the same thing, and thought there was something wrong with me because I struggled to get to their minimum of 250. Now after a couple of years on the same accounts, I'm topping off at 300-325 lph, and I'm happy with that. Rarely, if ever, run out of work and maintain 99+% QA scores.

Sounds like sunshine blowing... lol - radmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with above... 300-325 is a high norm, if you are accurate.

I hit over 800 lph the first hour of my shift the other - day and then ran out of work

[ In Reply To ..]
That was mostly ops, acute care work, maybe an H&P here and there. I can do over 450 lph and have in the past, not so much here lately though, slowing down in my older age.

What company are we talking about? - 800 lph....really?

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Yep, really. Had gotten high lph before but - never 800.

[ In Reply To ..]
I in the past have constantly gotten over 500 per hour, in the past now because seems like I have slowed down in the past 6 months or so. This was the first time ever hitting 800. As far as the company let me just say it is one that people slam all the time on this board. Nuff said.

I don't believe that for one second. - Sorry!

[ In Reply To ..]

Yep. It is a bunch of attention seeking MTs who seem to always - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
brag about what they make and how many lph they get. That poster is a liar no question.
And it is always people who cannot get 100 lph - who think others cannot
[ In Reply To ..]
Telling the truth never bragging in my book. I know others cannot believe so believe what you want.
Whatever. - LOL
[ In Reply To ..]

I will take templates, Alex, for $500. Failing that, - I will take familiar accounts for $200. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

450 lph is b.s. Unless all 300 employees have - single, easy-peasy accounts, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
glitch-free software, clear dictators, simple job descriptions and a non-stop workflow, they're giving you a ridiculous snow-job.

The best advice anyone can give you at this point in time is not to get back into this ridiculous "profession".

PantsOnFire - HonestyIsEverything

[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked for a large tx co they fed us this everyone else is magic crap .... before VR .... just straight typing. I asked my supervisor to think about how many characters per minute a standard keyboard can produce. Character repeat. What is that number? She never mentioned this to me again. Also, I asked nine people that I knew there - honest folks. Not one out of nine did anywhere near the number the suits had inflated to intimidate, and a number they use to manipulate bonus and pay. You need indeed to question these people who repr averaging 450 an hour ... and tell me the quality is there with that, no way, liar liar pants on fire. We arent completely stupid.

OP who hit the 800 mark. No one has to believe this - no need to lie about this

[ In Reply To ..]
but one reason I can probably hit such high LPHs is the fact I do not work on several accounts, my choice, only 1. I do not have to keep up with stats for 1 and then another. I do acute work and have numerous ESLs so before that comes up about all peaches and cream work will put that out. When I straight typed years ago I always averaged over 2000 lines per day, usually 2500. I guess for the nonbelievers that can never happen either. As far as quality, my company would never stand by and watch someone just put a bunch of mess out and still have you employed there so I have to average 98.5% overall average just like my coworkers.

One way that I am able to average what I consider a good line count is I can put my speed up as far as it will go and hold my pedal down. I scan probably a line in advance of what the dictator is saying. Just my way of working.

OP who hit the 800 mark, only got 550 for - my first hour today, as stated

[ In Reply To ..]
told I had slowed down.

450-500 may be possible - Just me

[ In Reply To ..]

If you get clean VR and/or lots of templates, which I don't.  VR is dirty and doesn't seem to catch on very fast because people don't follow the account specs and change things, but I do, and I'm paying for it while they're evidently cashing in.  After 6 weeks, I'm finally averaging 250 for VR.  I haven't worked for 2 years so still getting back into the groove.  Pay period ended today and I'm $12 higher than last one, so I must be catching on.  Line counts don't fluctuate wildly, just slow and steady, and run out of work a lot.  Those high lines are eluding me, but hopefully I'll see them too one of these days.

TTS? - Ex-employee

[ In Reply To ..]
That is exactly what TTS recruiter told me when I interviewed to work at TTS. Laughable lie, or at least massive over exaggeration.

Yes, told the same thing by. sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
in my early days by one of the trainers on the orientation team. I told her outright that I didn't believe her. Maybe a few on easy accounts might do close to the 400 range, but certainly not right out of the gate, maybe after being on the account for a while. Don't they realize that holding up these unrealistic expectations only serves to discourage people when they can't attain these so-called averages?

I did the 550 for the first hour the other day and guess - what? I work for same place

[ In Reply To ..]
You are talking about. Why would you think you could not do this amount of lines? What do you average where you work? Do you use Escription or some other platform? It is not unrealistic. Why are you so doubting? I have no easy account. I have been on the same account for a long time but not easy by a long shot. I do acute care and have numerous physicians. Working today was mostly consults with most ESLs and I was glad I had the VR.
550 for the first hour? sm - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
but what was your average for that day? I sometimes have a bangin first hour into the 400s, but the average over the day ends up being in the 300-350 range. I'm glad for you, and I'm happy with my average too. What is wrong is the company is telling new recruits that everyone averages 450 an hour which I think is unlikely. They should probably say it is not impossible to average 450 an hour if you are a great MT and very, very fast at SR. I am a great MT and average fast at MR, so I could average 350. The whole point of this post was not whether people can do the 450, but that telling people everyone does it which is not the truth.
I sincerely have no idea what others make - there, have never known
[ In Reply To ..]
The reason I posted about the 550 the first hour was in response to the previous posting of mine, the one saying I had done 800+ one time on VR, only 1 time mind you but it did happen (same platform, same account). I don't even know what I made the rest of the day, just stating the 550 in response to the previous posting. I have many times reached over 4000 lines per day but and I stated this earlier, seem to be slowing down lately, just tired it seems on my part and frankly my dear, well I won't finish the end of that but most know how that ends.
It is always MTs who do not post there name claiming they get these - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
outrageous lines. Yeah riiiiiight!
sm Two Things - see my message
[ In Reply To ..]
First, it is post THEIR name.

Second, absolutely no one posts THEIR name here. It is an anonymous board. Why don't you post your name?

What if they did post THEIR name? Does it make THEIR statement true or false?
Thanks, true, no one posts their names here - hardly wanted to post the company
[ In Reply To ..]
I work for but I did. No one has to believe what I say. I have never hit 800 like I did the other day but frequently hit 600 and 700 range. It can be done with a good platform (forget the bad dictators, it even picks those up) and the MTs are in sync and transcribe alike, i.e. mg is milligrams, qhs is every night and the like. I work fast and scan just as fast as the audio lets me.

Similar Messages:

Deleted.
Sep 30, 2010

Deleted. ...

How I Got Out - DELETED
Jul 08, 2012

Sorry kids, but a couple of bad apples have spoiled it for everyone. ...

Posts Deleted.
Jan 19, 2011

I do not post that often; but lately I have noticed that anything I post disappears. What is happening. Could I be banned? ...

Two Posts Now Deleted
May 24, 2012

Whatever company you work for, aside from this board, you need to let everyone know what is going on in this industry.  However you do that, write, phone calls, email, lawsuits, twitter, facebook.   Get the word out about what goes on at your company, in this industry, and how it has affected you.  ...

Why Have So Many Posts Been Deleted?
Nov 22, 2014

There were recently a few posts that I was interested in and all followed posting guidelines and all comments also followed guidelines, and now they have been deleted.  A couple of these posts contained information about a certain MTSO.  I am starting to suspect that certain MTSOs get preferential treatment and/or they are friends with this site owner or moderator, or possibly the moderator is part of this company. This same situation has occurred previously.  Hence, if this does ...

Where's Anil? Deleted?
Feb 07, 2015

hmm.... ...

Union Message Looks Like Deleted
Oct 14, 2009

I guess I could just rest on my laurels (whatever those are) and let it be but must complain, yes complain, about the totao lack of concern for those of us who have had our pay cut 1/2 to 2/3 of what it used to be. We absolutely need someone to represent us. ...

Why Was The EnigmaAJ Post Deleted?
Oct 16, 2009

x ...

Why Are The Laptop Discussions Always Being Deleted?
May 16, 2011

nm ...

I Accidentally Deleted Alt+A, Add To Dictionary.
May 16, 2011

I was working on some macros and needed a command for changing text to Arial 11.  I'm thinking "hmmmm, Arial, A." Let's make it Alt+A.  Does it tell me that's already assigned to something?  Nooooooo.  I totally forgot it's part of the spell checker commands.  So now, when I do spell checks, I don't have the option to add words to the dictionary.  How do I get Alt+A back to it's original state?  I deleted the macro I'd made, ...

Clicking On MQ Mail And Finding It Deleted?
Mar 07, 2011

Has any been having this issue in the last 2 weeks or so?  Click on MQ and getting a message that that message has been deleted??? ...

To The Coding Student Who Deleted Her Post
Sep 01, 2013

This board is not quiet because the coders are working.  It is quiet because coders can't post here.   This board has a problem with a small number of people, apparently not coders, who have a problem with any and all positive postings.  The description below that they jump on the posts like a pack of hyenas was very apt.  They attack the OP and all responses until they derail the thread and either get it deleted or obstruct the original discussion.  This has prett ...

All Main Board Posts Deleted??
May 13, 2015

Why have all the messages on the Main Board been "deleted by author"?? ...

Deleted A File In Express Scribe By Mistake.
Nov 21, 2011

I deleted a file yesterday, and need to get it back if I can.  Is there any way I can recover it?   ...

Can Someone Tell Me How To Get The ADT Info To Show Up On The Typing Screen. I Deleted It Somehow.
Mar 16, 2015

nm ...

Why Was The "ESL Thread" Competely Deleted?
Mar 05, 2010

nm ...

What Is A "Text Deleted Job"?
Nov 24, 2014

I got an e-mail this morning with one of those charts where they give you a whole bunch of data about QA submissions, audits, blanks, lines per minute, etc.  But one category was "Text Deleted Jobs".  Does anyone know what that means?   ...