A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone currently working for Uscribe on this Ireland/UK account? - ANON

Posted: May 18, 2011

Anyone currently working for Uscribe on this Ireland/UK account?  I am and for 8 cpl these people are dreaming and they don't give you your line count until the end of the pay period so you have no idea how much money you are making on a daily basis.  They are nice people, and the operations manager is one of the nicest ones I've come across.  Was at Fast Chart and many talk about over staffed! And they could care less if you run out of work they just ignore your e-mails. I am getting out of the business, probably applying at Wal-Mart to be a greeter or a cashier or Target, at least the pay is hourly, employee staus and you get benefits that are affordable.  This business is only for people who want to work at home, and don't have to support themselves, great second income, but for people who are need to pay a mortgage and car payment, not any more.  I wonder how many of us are getting Food Stamps because we keep getting our wages cut, but yet you still see the 'suites' going on European vacations (like Keystrokes, that owner takes a 3 week vacation every year to some exotic destination and has plasma TVS in her bathrooms).    While we sit here in our at home "sweat shops" making money for them an starving and losing our homes with no vacation, no sick, no healthcare, and no money going towards SS. Getting out of business.  Uscribe is nice but there's no money to be made with these people on these accounts, 8 cpl. PLEASE, with no benefits.  That fella better go back to the drawing board and offer more money for this account or he's going to have a revolving door once people get their paychecks this week.  OH that's another thing they already started the "payroll manager had a family emergency so the line counts will be late."  Come on, you only have one person that is responsbile for this, and no backup???? Yeah right.     

Definitely cannot make it on this income - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I do transcription from home so I don't have to pay for daycare. I am able to walk away with about what I would have brought home from my "real" job after daycare costs, gas, etc. With that said, if my husband lost his job and had to depend on me for income, I would have to immediately find a job that pays more than transcription, which sadly enough would be as easy as applying at my local White Castle. I feel your pain.

Yeah. I did not last long. .sm - OuttaHereToo

[ In Reply To ..]
Within the first day, I knew I was in trouble. They are extremely nice people, but the accents, no real account details, i.e. doctor's names/addresses, makes it hard to do the job you know you're capable of doing, especially since these are Irish facilities. I'm officially thinking of calling it quits as well after 18 years.

Underpaid - Varesa

[ In Reply To ..]
Me too. Luckily I can retire and still make it on my SS and a small pension. They want experienced MTs who will work for next to nothing. Sadly Target is a better option as at least you get a guaranteed income and benefits. I've been doing the for over 15 years and watched the pay scale decrease as these companies try to squeeze even more profit out of us. I won't miss it!

When Irish eyes aren't smiling... - SS

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for your post; I didn't know this. So...Uscribe is taking away jobs from Irish MTs? U.S.-based transcriptionists are now infringing on the "foreign" MT job market? The next time someone laments about U.S.-based MTs' jobs being "outsourced" to India, I'll think about Uscribe.

I "boycott" MTSOs that import or export work. If I'm opposed to exporting work, then common sense mandates that I, too, am opposed to importation.

Uscribe - MTforever

[ In Reply To ..]
I currently work for Uscribe on this account and they are working on a way for us to be able to count our lines on a daily basis. In the meantime, you can come pretty close to it by using the MS Word Count characters with spaces. Everyone I've worked with in management has been extremely nice - couldn't ask for better! As for the e-mails - I've NEVER had an e-mail ignored from ANYONE at this company. They are always answered and in a timely manner.

As for the cpl and the accents - you need to give yourself time to get used to the accents just as you would with anyone who dictates and that only comes with time. There IS money to be made but you have to work at it of course.

Pay has ALWAYS been on time irregardless of unforeseen circumstances such as a family emergency. I feel very sorry that you think a family emergency was used as a ploy of some kind. You must have been burned very badly in the past - but this company stands behind everything they tell you and pay is ALWAYS ON TIME.

They are an extremely MT oriented company and truly care about their MTs.

USCRIBE - MT FAN

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you kidding??!! The company is expanding, so naturally there will be growing pains. However ... if you are willing to put in the effort and work hard, it will pay off. From my experience, this has been a very profitable line of work.

USCRIBE - ANON

[ In Reply To ..]
I find Uscribe to be very MT oriented, and the management is nicer than any management I've encountered, especially the Ops Kathy, LOVELY LADY! And I do mean a lady! She is there with us all day long making sure our questions are answered, and assisting in every way for us to have a good workflow. She gives you the clinics you have experience which make it nice. Pay was IN THE BANK YESTERDAY! ON TIME as promised.

I don't know about taking jobs away from MTs in Ireland and UK as I do not have any experience with what they do over there.

All I know is I like this company and I like the work, the Irish and British accents are WAY easier to get used to than the Indian ones. This company is the best kept secret in the industry! I am very happy with Uscribe and hope to be with them for a long time. The addresses are pretty easy if you know how to use Google, and if you can't find them they don't nail you to the cross like some companies, you just do your best that's all they expect.

Those of us that have had bad ROM, TL, etc., will find this Ops manager truly a BREATH OF FRESH AIR! For one I am greatful to have this job.

Happy for you..sm - OuttaHereToo

[ In Reply To ..]
Glad it's working out. I agree, they are very MT-oriented. I guess I'm just in a place where I don't have the patience to sit in front of a keyboard all day for less money than I know I'm capable of making and also dealing with hassling situations, i.e. accents, etc. Been doing this for 17+ years now. Time for a change. There are other things I do, and I'm going to start taking advantage of those. MT is not what it used to be for sure!

Similar Messages:

Nuance Losing Account? Maybe It's Working!
Dec 08, 2014

So you need help on this account so far out of TAT you're in danger of losing it. Sounds like people are deserting. Maybe if they lose a few accounts they'll get the message. One can only hope. I feel sorry for the managers. It must be pretty tough sitting between the leeches and those whom they suck the blood out of. How do they do it? ...

NEMT Anyone Working For Acute Care Account
Nov 20, 2014

Hi,  Does anyone currently work for NEMT on an acute care account.  Is speech recognition good?  I guess they do half and half speech/transcription.  Do you like it and do you feel you can make money on their platform?  ...

Uscribe Anyone?
Nov 28, 2012

nm ...

Uscribe USA
Mar 19, 2015

Am I wrong, or was there an ad on the job wanted board earlier this week by this company?  Was it removed for some reason, or am I dreaminig?  Thanks.  ...

Uscribe-Ustickit
Feb 14, 2011

This iis insulting - 7 and 3 cents per line.  Uscribe can keep looking. ...

Uscribe USA Anyone Work Here?
Feb 21, 2011

Does anyone here work for (or previously worked for) Uscribe USA?  I don't know anything about them and want a real life experience from anyone who has worked with them.  ...

Does Anyone Have Any Info On Uscribe?
Mar 24, 2011

Does anyone have any info on Uscribe? They called me out of the blue and wanted to test me. I looked in the archives, but the info there is very limited. ...

Uscribe - Any Feedback?
May 04, 2011

I checked out the board and would like to hear from someone who works for Uscribe.    Are you IC and do they let you work more than your schedule?  Havey you been paid on time?  Thanks for any input. ...

Uscribe Phillipines
Aug 29, 2011

Can anyone tell me about the police investigation into Uscribe in the Phillipines?Letters from Ireland got into inappropriate hands.What went wrong? ...

Anyone Had Any Experience With UScribe?
Sep 11, 2012

Anyone had any experience with uScribe?  Good or bad?  Got an offer to work for them. ...

Good Or Bad To Say About Uscribe?
Nov 29, 2013

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about Uscribe? ...

Anyone Has Worked For Uscribe And Get Some Feedback
Jun 01, 2011

Just wanted to see if anyone has worked for Uscribe and get some feedback, what I saw was mixed, thinking of applying, but not sure about this company since I've never heard of them and if they are new, offshore presence, etc. I just want to have plenty of work and be left alone to do my work and make a living and cannot seem to find a company that will offer enough work to make a living wage.  Is that asking the impossible these days in this industry, wondering if I should be a greeter ...

Any Current Info On Uscribe?
May 24, 2012

I'd like to reply to their ad but never heard of them.  I checked the archives - anyone with current info on them?  I actually live in Sebring - never knew they were here.  ...

Wondering About Information On Uscribe
Jun 20, 2012

Wondering about information on Uscribe.  They type for doctors in the UK, apparently?  Anyone work for them or heard anything about them that would like to give some info?  Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Gotten A Response Or Hiring From Uscribe?
Jul 18, 2012

Keep seeing their ads.  Sent them resume but never heard back.  Just wondering if anyone has. ...

Anyone With Current Info On Uscribe? Sm
Jan 06, 2015

They're located where I live and I could use a part-time job to supplement my current one especially with the new pay plan. From what I found in the archives, doesn't sound very good. ...

Uscribe - Good/Bad - Didn't Find Anything In Archives
Feb 14, 2011

Would appreciate any info. ...

InScribe And UScribe..3cpl And Dragon (Nuance) For Increased Productivity?
Jul 13, 2012

These are the jobs we have to choose from with low pay and then this Dragon program is Nuance Dragon.  Isn't this VR which is again Nuance taking over everywhere?  Google Nuance and they say the Dragon program which is from India, and most hospitals now are going to this program and we get 3 cents.  Good sales pitches. ...

I Am So Sick Of Bouncing Around From Account To Account
Nov 07, 2012

What a flippin joke. Didnt Amy say she was going to keep us in 1 account????   OMG, I have done evey account in my BOB this morning as well as some other Bob. I cant keep my head on straight anymore. It is spinning like a top. My production is down to minimum and I am at risk of being fired for not meeting production because some idiot decides to open the cesspool!   GO CCMs! GET YOUR 100% TAT... SCREW THE REST OF US. ...

Don't Forget, You Will Be QA'd On Each Account, That Could Account
Jun 08, 2015

.... I read notes below to this effect. Oh, and don't forget to NOT count QC lines and scores when you calculate your QA score on FIESA.   ...or just ignore it altogether.    ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

New Account Help
Oct 14, 2009

So, I am trying to research per line rates in my area, and no one seems willing to open up about their rates. I have spoken with one woman from a local company who told me to give it up as I more than likely will never land an account and work for other established companies, also stating that I am not hiring right now, but you are more than welcome to submit your information. I replied stating to her that I am not a newbie as you say, I have been in this field since 2007, and wish to acquire my ...

I'm Used To Doing Ops, But I'm On An Account Now With Only
Oct 19, 2009

Once i get used to the dictators and names, is it possible to reach the same production as when I was doing ops?  I have access to prior reports, so that's helpful. I know I need to tweak my glossary to include more non-op terms.  Any other productivity tips to make a non-op account super productive? ...

Something Is Up With My Account At MDI
Nov 24, 2009

I am not sure if this is going on with your accounts, but I have noticed on my primary that there are a lot of old reports in there, from days and days ago.  A few weeks back my team leader said ignore those TAT times because they were pulling old stuff for "training."  It started with DS, and now I notice that there are old H&Ps and Consults in there.  So I am wondering if they are training Transcend employees to do my account, maybe VR, or I guess it could be the hospital tr ...

Looking For Account
May 22, 2011

Did anyone ever contact a hospital after your account was lost to find out where it went and you were still employed with the former MTSO that had the account.  Concerned about doing this if the hospital were to contact the MTSO and still employed there but not overly happy anymore.  I would rather keep this confidential until I at least find out if the new MTSO is even hiring for the account, etc.  ...

Is Anyone Else On A KS Account That Only Gets
Oct 13, 2011

We are supposed to do 12 reports/hour but the work is not there.  I no longer respond to the e-mails where they say they want to help you get more work and not make peanuts.  What joke! Not only that my lead has been on cherry picking when there is hardly any work.    ...

Looking For A New Account ...
Oct 02, 2012

My state medical association publishes a monthly journal with a Classifieds section at the back.  There's a section for Services Available where there are ads for EMR companies, billing services, and a couple of private MT ads. A small ad would cost me about $45/month and it would also appear on the online edition.  I'm just looking for 1 or 2 new clients right now, and thought this might be easier & cheaper than mailing out brochures. Do you think this is a good idea a ...

My Own Account
Nov 28, 2012

I am in discussion with a doctor's office to do their transcription.  This would be the first time I would have my own account.  How do I find out the going rate of transcription in my area?  I would like to be prepared when discussing this with the office.  Thanks in Advance! ...

OOW On NEW Account!
Dec 28, 2012

out of work, AGAIN!!  The other account I had has TONS of work this morning.  I'm about to go back over there and get some lines in!  Why take me off an acct that has TONS of work to an acct that has NO WORK?????? ...

Bye Bye Big Account
Mar 28, 2013

Received email stating that one of my accounts which I was always under the impression was a very LARGE account will no longer be using Nuance.  ...