A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What a horrible day, or should I say week or 2. - crh

Posted: Mar 23, 2010

OMG, what a horrible time I'm having.  This pay I'm not even averaging my minimum.  All around the country again.  What happened to lock down?  I thought I sent 2 reports to QA but forgot to mark the QA box.  Not my fault for the blanks but according to what I've been told, if we just can't understand the dictator, we have to send it to QA.  MOST of the work I send to QA they can't get either, but its counted against us anyway.  What the heck!!!!????!!!! 

More than 50% of the repository is blank and I haven't been able to find even one dictator in the DQM when trying to access the old reports.  Lets not even get me started on the time wasted in doing all this hunting....  A couple of years ago my salary was in the 40s.  This last year they didn't even take out federal taxes it was so low.   They're killing me here. 

Another thing that concerns me about this new plan with all reports sent to QA being counted against is and affecting our pay so much is what is going to happen to patient care?  Most of us are conscientious, but how many will just fill the difficult spot with something that fits though its not actually what he said.  How moronic is this management team. 

Their message is obvious.  They want us out.  If they ever did transcription work they are far too distanced from it now to even remotely remember what its about.  Its all bottom line now.  Why do you cut the backbone and ground floor of your business when that is reason for the business.  They don't have a job without us but apparently thats what they want. 

Sorry for ranting, but I'm really upset today.  Time to shop.  I've tried to hang in there but I think they've finally whipped me and knocked me down.  I'm shaking and sick to my stomach.  Whats a girl to do?!

I'm feeling really nauseous today too - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I've hung in there for a long time, always being conscientous, but today I have felt feelings like never before. Just finished the 10th report of an unfamiliar hospital, a 26-minute ESL chart, had one blank, a PCP unfound after searching forever. Client does not read QA notes. I sent it to them any way. No way I'm sending in a 26-minute chart to QA for that. That would kill my submission rate for FTR.

Isn't that the truth. If your gonna penalize me - crh

[ In Reply To ..]
for this kind of stuff you need to give me the tools to use, not just talk about the idea or that they might be there one of these days.... I really wanted to punch something today. I'm soooooooo frustrated. 14 years with this company....

I really do understand and sympathize but - MT Bottle

[ In Reply To ..]
I really need to ask since their garbage has been going on for so long why oh why do you stay? I can understand the need for the job but with as long as MQ has been dealing out the cr@p, why put up with it? Why not get your ducks in a row and move on?

I really do understand your rant and don't blame you one bit. I'm not bashing you really, just curious.

And yes, I used to work there, but got out.

Reason why - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Everything I have looked at is 6-8 cents a line and want you to work 2nd or 3rd shift and weekends. Am getting really close, but not quite ready for that (yet).

6-8 cpl MIGHT pay more in the long run - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
w/o MQ games and nonsense. I don't know how anyone ever figures out what they are earning...for me it's always paycheck surprise twice a month.

reason to believe..... - spitfire

[ In Reply To ..]
Many, many moos ago, Rod Stewart had a song entitled, "Reason to Believe". Have searched, and searched some more and still am looking for that "reason to believe" MQ suits. Still haven't found any reasons!!!! Hopefully not too much longer now.

Don't any of you guys out there really want to enter a contest, particularly since it was emphasized that we were to USE OUR OWN TIME in composing it. What a hoot. Those guys/ladies really are out of touch. Wonder what good drugs they are on?
reason to believe.. - spitfire
[ In Reply To ..]
OOPS, before it gets any worse, should read, many, many MOONS ago, not MOOS as I put :) Sorry, have just finished my shift for the day..........

Actually working on doing that as we speak. - chr

[ In Reply To ..]
You're right. I've waited too long and let myself get trapped. Resume is being dusted off, cleaned up. Already have the cover letter and here we go. One of the reasons I stayed is they supplied the computer and I didn't have the $ to get my own. Now I have one so wish me luck...

So glad to hear - MT Bottle

[ In Reply To ..]
that you're moving on. You'll be so glad you did. When I left MQ the first job I took did not work out - was like jumping from the fry pan to the fire but I tried again until I found a good fit. The problem is MQ seems to be the pioneer of screwing the MT's. Seems like many companies are following their lead. Sometimes I think the suits of many of these big nationals watch to see what MQ is doing and waiting a while to see how it works out. JMO.

Don't know how long it'll last but there is work out there. The good jobs are fewer than they were years ago but they are there.

I do wish you much luck.

Mon-Friday daytime hours and more per line than anywhere else so far. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]

I love your new term "moronic" Good one! - Bunion

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Horrible Day
Apr 17, 2013

One crappy dictator after another.  Poor sound quality and ESL. I want somebody who can talk clearly. ...

Right Now...5:30 P.m. All Horrible. One Right After The Other.
May 08, 2015

What goes on in India should stay in India.  All that is there is horrid, absolutely a sin to ask anyone to make sense out of any of that.  It is NOT English...surely NOT as I know it...nor anyone else.  Believe me...I worked with an East Indian and she could not understand them either.  Total waste of time.  This work should be given triple pay and NO count for errors.  Lucky anyone tries. ...

M-modal Being Horrible
Jun 07, 2010

I know there are a lot of comments on here about M-modal being horrible and I have to definitely agreed, it is the only VR I have used so nothing to really compare it to but cannot do many more lines per hour than I transcribe (usually about 275 lph or so), anyone willing to share how much they do on M-modal and how long the account has been on VR?  Just my curiosity since I don't seem to make any progress in increasing my lines per hour.  Thanks in advance. ...

Started My First Job, But It Went Horrible!
Jun 08, 2010

Hey everybody, I just needed to vent a little bit. I started my first day on my first job, and it went absolutely horrible. I was using the Emdat InScribe platform, which seems easy enough, but they have sooo many templates that the doctor should be using and isn't. My first few reports were okay, but then everything went downhill. I'm supposed to use the templates, but half the time, I had to erase 3/4 of them because it wasn't what he was saying. The wrong templates would load, ...

Is MedQuist Really That Horrible?
Jul 13, 2011

I have read these boards for the past 3 days, ever since I received word my pay would be cut...again...and that upper management was changing...again.  I read through the MedQuist board last night, and then worked this morning.  What a horrible day at work I had, the sounds of everybody grumbling in my ears, making me wonder if I should look elsewhere for work.  My production was at an all-time low, by my own fault.  Then I saw the company board this evening, and read throug ...

SenTel - Horrible Pay
May 24, 2013

Starting rates range from 5- 5.5 cpl for transcription and 2–2.5 cpl for VR editing. This has become unreal.    ...

HORRIBLE COMPANY!!
Jan 03, 2014

I would just like to say that Nuance is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! If you are thinking about working for this company, DON'T! Second, I was wondering if anyone knows who I can call about my pay check. I was lead to believe that everyone got paid on 12/27/2013. That would have been my first and ONLY pay check with them as I quit a week after I started, but I have yet to recieve that pay check. I need to find out when they plan on paying me for the absolutely absurd training that they have you do a ...

Horrible Dictators
Jan 11, 2014

it's not just foreigners. :p  ...

S/l Horrible Pincer Repair
May 19, 2010

Sounds like "horrible pincer repair" ? ...

Tried To Work For Alltype And It Was Horrible! Sm
Dec 02, 2010

Since I got laid off from Webmedx in September I've been on unemployment. I tried to work for Alltype and couldn't do it. The pay was alright but the support was awful, they just threw me into the job with no training, hardly any information on my accounts, no contact whatsoever from supervisors. I didn't even know who my supervisor was! Has anyone else had a bad experience with them? I worked 2 days and quit. No QA feedback or anything. I don't know if I can MT again. I' ...

Help Please With Horrible ESL (16th Report In A Row) SM
Mar 14, 2011

HEART:  Normal sinus rhythm.  No S/L tympanus murmur was ordered.  TIA ...

SoftScript Support Is Horrible
Jul 22, 2011

whatever you do, don't work here.  they give you work, take it away, you sit here with no jobs all day and then they want you to work on your days off, or want you to work when it is not your shift.  support is horrible, won't even give you a phone number to call.  have to email and wait, losing time you could be working.  just don't do it. ...

Horrible, Awful, AARGH!!
Apr 10, 2012

Here's a good one for the day. Just got hold of an Asian dictator, who proceeded to whisper and mumble through the whole dictation, with another American dictator standing right next to her dictating. Can you take a guess which doctor I understood more clearly? I'm sooooo sick of this screwed up mess!!!!! ...

Horrible Sound And Tone
May 30, 2012

Is it just me or has the sound and tone of most reports become almost unbearable?  I adjust everything and have two headsets and the sound still is not as good as it was before.  ...

Horrible Dictators Today
Jul 09, 2012

Absolutely the bottom of the barrel today...terrible dictators and one after another after another short reports.  Line count will surely take a hit today.  ...

Nuance Horrible For References
Feb 12, 2014

Nuance is horrible for giving references needed for new job but should have figured.  Now they are holding me back from getting another job how nice, glad they can manage ti pay their bills but hold others back frim doing the same!!! ...

Horrible Dictators Being Added To SR.
Jun 10, 2014

Let me preface this by saying that I know that ultimately this is what we're here for, to train the systems to understand every dictator.  With that being said, has anyone else noticed that some of the dictators who have been purely straight transcription for years (while all of their colleagues are on speech wreck) are now on speech as well?   These are doctors that without several paragraphs stored in your expander program, there is no way you could understand what they are say ...

I Feel So Horrible Right Now!! I Went To Work For
Dec 22, 2014

Mickey Ds and I was SO happy.  Well, I do have panic disorder, but maybe all these years what I thought was panic was something much more serious.  I had all the symptoms of panic, but it would always start with the heart pounding.  I am on something for anxiety and still my heart has been pounding.  I am probably going to have to quit my job as bad as I hate to.  I LOVED getting out and seeing people, making new friends (even met a guy!), but there is not one job there ...

They Need To Either Spread This New Horrible Account
Mar 13, 2015

out so thin that everyone only gets a couple of them a day lest we go completely insane, or at least pay a good hourly wage while tackling it, and still spread it around thin.  It's beyond horrible.  Of course the other solution would be to have a meeting with the worst ones, let them hear what we're hearing, and try to coach them on even halfway trying to speaking clearly if they don't want a million blanks, but that'll never happen.   I also love the ones w ...

Resigned From This Horrible Company!
May 31, 2015

I quit with NO notice 3 months ago and sent a scathing resignation letter, the BEST thing I ever did!!!  The letter I wrote was completely accurate, reason why I probably did not receive a response.  I am so grateful I was able to find a job 5 minutes from my home paying me an hourly rate of $15.00.  Does not sound like much but considering that my salary had steadily decreased with "Screwance", it's awesome!  No stress, no crappy emails letting me know I made an error, ...

VA Hospital Background Check Is Horrible!
Oct 12, 2009

You must be fingerprinted and tell them what you've been doing since the day you were born. Whoever said it is just a cursory background check was lying to us. ...

Documed - Horrible Test Recording
Feb 28, 2011

I tried to listen to the file provided for an orthopedic test for a job with Documed.  It was a horrible recording.  Forget this! ...

Sound Quality Is Horrible This Morning
Oct 14, 2012

Seems like it just happened overnight. Wasn't this bad yesterday. Sounds like they are talking through a big old thick sock.  ...

WordMed.Biz - Fake Ad Or A Horrible Company
Jul 17, 2013

Search doesn't seem to be working. I see the ad for WordMed.Biz has 14 negs. Is it a fake ad or a horrible company. TIA. ...

Sheesh. Today Is Horrible For Bad Audio And
Sep 15, 2013

I begin to wonder if the reports of them sending the good stuff overseas and leaving the junk for us are true. Honestly, today nothing but horrible cell phone or who knows what audio and 15 minute long non ISR by new dictators who are bad too, and the ISR ones have such awful audio the time it takes to figure them out is redonculous. My line count is a joke and they want OT? Not if I continue to get this crap, thank you very much. ...

Horrible Sound Quality Today!
Dec 15, 2014

Most of the dictations I'm getting sound raspy and crackling, with sound weaving in and out.  I'm so on edge from straining to hear, I can't wait for this to be over. ...

Stay Away From Precyse... Horrible Company!
Jun 23, 2015

nm ...

Completely Fed Up With Horrible Transcend Voice Wreck
Jun 16, 2011

I am on working right now and had to get away and vent on her for a second because the editing with voice wreck is SOOOO bad right now, I am putting way more effort into the reports than what I am getting paid for.  There are amazingly stupid mistakes, whole sentences missing, other sentences made up that are nothing like the dictator is saying.  If this is going to be the way it is tonight, it's gonna be a short night for me.  I refuse to make crap pay for this kind of work. ...

I Feel Just Horrible, Got 2 Critical Errors In The SAME Report....sm
Aug 11, 2013

I got a rather lengthy dictation by the most horrifying ESL physician who happened to be dictating next to the emergency room radio for traumas or something similar (bad dictator + lots of radio noise + already noisy emergency room).  I was so flustered and frustrated by the time I finally managed to finish editing it that I could've cried.  I spent an enormous amount of time in the report, and yet I was still not careful enough not to make 2 very stupid mistakes.  Yes, they ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...