A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend benefits for MDI employees - benefits

Posted: Jan 04, 2010

Has anyone from MDI who has applied for benefits know when we will know if we were approved for our benefits, and when our coverage will begin and will get insurance cards?

Has anyone at Transcend who has their benefits had the experience of being turned down and have to wait that 12-month waiting period?

The documents we filled out for benefits were pretty simple.  They did not require a lot of personal information.

Anyone's experience with the Transcent benefits would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Lost mine pretty quick not being able to make the 900 per pay period! - 4 cents for editing makes it hard.

[ In Reply To ..]
They like to get everything switched over to VR even though VR does not do well, basically does whatever it wants. It takes time to correct and fix the document. Maybe some have better luck than me. When I did have the medical insurance at first the insurance tried not paying, saying I had a lapse in coverage and was putting the 12-month thing on it, but I proved I had insurance with no lapse in between. Now I am on COBRA for as long as I can afford it or until it runs out. Seems like most of what I am making goes for the COBRA, the deductible and copays when needed.

Lapse in coverage means waiting period? - benefits

[ In Reply To ..]
So you are saying that if you have had a lapse in coverage that they will put you on a 12-month waiting period? My family has not had benefits for a few months, so does that mean we have to wait a year until we are covered?

I forget what it was they would not pay initially, but - cw

[ In Reply To ..]
they tried saying they would not cover it because of a lapse in health insurance. I think it might have been for any pre-existing conditions.
Sorry, forgot to add they said it would be for 12 months - if there had been a lapse. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Benefits - Transcend MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think the 12 months waiting period only applies to preexisting conditions not coverage in general.

Waiting period for preexisting conditions. They - TranscendMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
will include this with your coverage letter and cards. Depending on your time period with lapse of coverage in the last 12 months, it'll be calculated based on that. It's not a full 12 months in every case. Other than that, I've had no problems with the insurance paying claims.

No, it does not mean that. - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
Here is my understanding:

Whatever amount of time you were without coverage, you will be excluded from coverage for pre-existing conditions any and all of you might have. NOT 12 months.

You will be covered for everything else though, without any waiting period (as you will be paying premiums as of Feb 1, right). The only waiting period is for PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS. The waiting period is equal to the amount of time you were without coverage, and that waiting period will not exceed 12 months. For example, if you did not have coverage for 2 years, the waiting period to be covered for pre-existing conditions is NOT 2 years - it is 12 months.

I had to have my insurance company send a certificate of coverage. This is how Transcend determines whether you have current coverage, or when your coverage ended, so they know how long your waiting period for pre-existing coverage will be.

Write HR, ask JJ to confirm this, as this is what I was told very clearly.
Thank you so much - Benefits
[ In Reply To ..]
That was the best reply of all, thank you so much. That makes the most sense. It is so good to know that we will at least have some coverage. My husband has a pre-existing condition, hypothyroidism, and that is not difficult to handle out of pocket for a while, i.e. $60 for the doctor visit and $28 for the Synthroid...sure I don't want to pay that, but thankfully it is manageable.

I was just scared that they were not going to cover us at all OR that I would have to pay premiums for 12 months before we had any coverage at all... which seems completely criminal.

Thanks again for letting me know
You're welcome. I too thought I would pay for 12 months and have no coverage! - Glad I asked HR. NO MESSAGE
[ In Reply To ..]
no message.

Losing insurance - Old MTSO

[ In Reply To ..]
This is just unconscionable. I have been on COBRA before and it nearly broke our household budget. I am so sorry this happened to you, and I hope you are able to find a better solution.

I do not understand how this can be - allowed s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
In order to keep insurance, you have to make a certain amount of $$ in a certain number of days, YET they can't provide enough work to do this unless you are available 24/7? There is just too much stress involved in this equation.
I don't understand how this can be either - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
I would be speaking with a labor lawyer or with the Department of Labor about this. I think they are overstepping their bounds and getting 24/7 coverage by means of the threat of losing insurance. Stand up for your rights!
insurance transcend - brief
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there briefly and asked every insurance question I could think of because that is why I took the job. They "average" your pay so that your insurance coverage is not based on one or two 2-week periods when work might be slow. If there is a break in insurance due to not being productive enough, there is a waiting period to sign up again, as the other poster stated. I thought it was 3 or 4 months though, but could be mistaken.

I asked my lead if people really make enough from VR (my account was 98% VR) to qualify for benefits and she said absolutely. I didn't stay long enough to find out. Those types of conditions just rub me the wrong way for some reason.
That is why I left as well. - Yep
[ In Reply To ..]
At any other job I've ever worked (aside from MT) as long as you make enough in your paycheck to cover your premium, then you are covered.

I do not think it's legal (or shouldn't be if it is) for them to say you must earn $900 per pay period in order to keep your insurance.

As long as you can cover your insurance deduction, you should be able to keep it.
Yep re: keeping insurance - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I am no lawyer, but I think you are right (or should be). I'll betcha that if Transcend did get a few letters from legal counsel from those affected they might mend their ways. I hate to sound cynical, but I could see this coming waaaay down the pike when some of my friends chose to stay on. I say each person has the right to make their own choices, of course, but I am also afraid some people are going to get s$$d.
I agree, check into this. - Employee Rights On-Call, Waiting to Be Engaged
[ In Reply To ..]
Google this information. We are supposed to be paid for anything we do for this job including being on-call, waiting to be engaged, etc. Anyone ready to stand up? Please, inform yourself. I actually finally just googled this today. Eye opening. Empowering but not until a stand is taken.
I believe MQ does this, too... - ?
[ In Reply To ..]
A friend of mine works for the Q, and she also lost her benefits due to lack of production. I never asked her what the waiting period to have them reinstated might be.

I'm just assuming because the Q has gotten away with it for ages and Transcend is a Mini-Q, there's some loophole that allows them legally to cut off insurance benefits as they deem fit.
benefits - curious
[ In Reply To ..]
I have never heard of having to go through the whole pre-existing condition ordeal when signing on through a large company's benefits. Is this something new or particular with Transcend?

Similar Messages:

TRANSCEND BENEFITS
Dec 13, 2010

I'm a newer employee of 4 months and STILL trying to meet my full time status by making $900 a pay period. I really don't want to work more than 40 hours a week to do this. I am on BeyondTxt and about 3/4 of my work is Voice editing everyday. Can anyone tell me their experience with meeting this $900 goal? I really need benefits and am starting to wonder if this is realistic. I think there might be a straight typing platform at Transcend, anyone know about that? Of course, the pay per ...

Benefits For Transcend
Sep 26, 2012

I am aware that you must meet a $900 per pay period minimum to keep benefits with Transcend.  However, when does that go into effect?  The benefits start on the first of the  month after you have passed your probation period.  So do they start counting it during that first pay period at the first of the month that you are eligible?  In other words, if you are eligible for benefits starting October 1, do they start watching the pay periods from October 1 on to make sure y ...

Transcend Benefits A Couple Of Quick Question/s
Nov 24, 2009

Could someone who has Transcend benefits tell me- are routine physicals covered yearly? mammograms and well care? what is the per office visit copay? What about RX coverage, what is copay for brand/generic? What is the yearly deductable--what do you have to pay out of pocket before your insurance covers most of it? I thought I had heard it was $3000 deductable.  If so, is the benefit actually worthwhile to you? Aside from catastrophic.  I remember having $500 deductables but ...

Transcend- Big Profits From Taking Away Employee Benefits And
Feb 02, 2012

Ms. McGrogan continued: “Let me speak more specifically to our profitability improvement initiatives. Effective December 31 st, we have shut down our Delhi, India operations center and re-allocated work to our Bangalore center and third party partners to improve quality and reduce cost. We expect this change to result in cost savings of approximately $0.9 million per year. Effective February 1 st, we re-aligned our operations team, which we expect ...

Former MDI/Transcend Employees
Jun 25, 2010

Just out of curiosity, does anybody have any idea how many people have parted ways with Transcend in the last several weeks that had been with the company for more than four or five years?  I know I am one of them but was just curious how extensive it might be. ...

Transcend Employees
Dec 11, 2012

Well, well, it seems the transcend employees are getting a cut in wages now as of January 1. Like we were making a whole lot to begin with. I quit. ...

Former Deventure/now Transcend Employees
Mar 22, 2010

I just read a few posts below about someone "getting the shaft."  I too was a former Deventure employee and ended up at Transcend through the merge and worked for Deventure for 3 years.   I  have always been curious as to if any of the other former Deventure employees were "happy" with Transcend.  Obviously, my experience after the merge was not a pleasant one and according to at least one other post  'gettiing the shaft" - I am not the only one.  I was tr ...

FOR ALL TRANSCEND EMPLOYEES--INSURANCE
Nov 29, 2012

I found this link today https://secure.benergy.com/ASPX/EE/home.aspx?MenuItemId=72#   It goes to a different site than we have all been given to choose our health benefits.  Check out the prices and plans that apparently Nuance employees get to choose from.  Way more reasonable than what we've been given. ...

DTS / Transcend - DTS Employees Transitioning To The New Company
May 11, 2011

I went through the Transcend orientation yesterday for (former) DTS employees transitioning to the new company.  It left me very, very, very sad.  Transcend's methodology is so different from DTS.  The requirement of the $900 per pay period of full-time employees will be so difficult to achieve on this new BeyondText speech recognition as my pay will be cut based on what other MTs have told me!!!  (That and IF the work is available which in the past with DTS has been very off and on.)  ...

Transcend Employees...entering Time In TimeSaver
Feb 07, 2012

I need help and need to know how you all enter your time in TimeSaver.  I was told to only enter the time you are actually typing or editing and do not enter the time you are researching or reading work emails, etc., only when your "hands are on the keyboard".  So, this obviously won't equal to 8 hours a day just by entering this time, so how do they figure in that we are full-time employees this way?   If I only enter 5 or 6 hours a day instead of 8 then they can ...

To All The "happy" Transcend Employees
Dec 20, 2010

Love reading all the posts on Transcend. For those of you that are happy there, good for you. You must be one of the ones that either "cheat/cherry pick" or your TL/ROM is your best buddy.  The region I work in is notorious for people cherry picking and when TL and ROM are told about this, nothing happens.. No wonder some people are happy. If I could pick and choose what jobs and what doctors  I wanted to do I'd probably be a lot happier too. It either forces you to "do the same" ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

Benefits For PT
Dec 19, 2009

Does anyone know of any companies that have benefits available for part-time, even at a cost? I love my full-time IC position, but no benefits.  I would be willing to work a part-time position and pay for health coverage, even if a majority of my pay went to covering it.  Thanks! ...

TAA Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay.  Let's face it everybody, we don't qualify for the benefits because we are not being laid off.  We are not being laid off because MQ hasn't said anything about laying us off.  I have a call in the HR, and expect to get an answer today, but do you really think MQ is just going to start giving out letters saying we are in fact going to be laid off?  Don't think so.  Everybody, STOP.  Stop hoping for benefits that will retrain us.  I' ...

Need Job With Benefits
Aug 28, 2012

Need to have a job with benefits due to going through a divorce. Any companies out there still offering, medical, dental, vision, vacation and sick time these days? ...

BENEFITS ?
Sep 22, 2012

Does anyone know when benefits end if I quit or get fired?  End of month or immediate? Thanks ...

Benefits Of Becoming An IC?
Sep 19, 2013

do you prefer IC or employee status? ...

Acusis Benefits
Dec 15, 2009

Does anyone know what qualifies an employee to receive benefits at Acusis?  I realize one needs to be a full-time employee, but I'm wondering what this entails.  Do you have to produce so many lines or make so much money per pay period?  Are they decent benes?  Would appreciate any info.   ...

New Benefits Rate
Jan 11, 2010

I received my news benefits rate today - down another dollar from last time.  Pretty soon I won't even be getting minimum wage.  ...

Loss Of Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, I may be dense, the rest of you may have figured this out long ago!  Many times I see comments here about people who cannot get enough work.  Well, at my company, if there is a low volume of work and you cannot meet your line count you are placed on part-time status and cannot regain full-time status until you have met your commitment for 90 days.  Yes, you lose your benefits....your health insurance, paid holidays, dental/vision, etc.  Well, heck, look at the money the ...

Just Saw A New Ad ... .07 Cpl, Without Spaces, IC, No Benefits And Want (sm)
Jan 16, 2010

Five years experience and especially experience in basic 4.  Surely you jest! ...

Benefits At Medquist
May 23, 2010

If you return to MQ within 6 months of leaving, do you have to wait 90 days again for benefits to begin?  Thanks. ...

TransTech Benefits
Aug 16, 2010

Hello!  I'm hoping someone will be able to answer this for me.  Could someone tell me what the employee cost of family health insurance for TransTech is?  Thanks so much!  I hate to waste my time with applying and testing only to find out the insurance is too expensive! ...

Benefits ? From Newbie
Aug 26, 2010

I got "imported" from Spheris buy-out.  Curious as to what happens w/ insurance when you don't meet min line counts.  Am OOW @ least 2 days a wk now, and yes, I punch out on time clock.  Can anyone help?  Also, has anyone taken MME test, and if so, how bad is it?  Thanks in advance. ...

Nuance Benefits?
Jun 21, 2011

Can someone please tell me what the cost of benefits are for a single person? Also, do you have 401K matching or anything like that? How much vacation after 5 years of employment? Thanks! ...

Switching To FT With Benefits
Dec 23, 2010

Does anyone know the process of switching to FT with benefits?  Do you just have to let your CCM know and she does the paperwork and switching or is it a big hassle?  I lost my medical benefits recently and that is the reason I need to go FT.  I looked in the HR section of Medquist mail but can find nothing relating to this.  Any information is greatly appreciated.  Thank you. ...

New Benefits Link
Jan 14, 2011

Has anyone been able to access their info yet?  I got another e-mail overnight saying we could do it but I still can't.  What am I missing? ...

Webmedx Benefits- Sm
Jan 30, 2011

Does anyone know if Webmedx benefits are any good?  I have medical issues, so I definitely need somewhere that has good medical benefits at least.  Thanks for your help!  ...

Benefits Rate
Feb 15, 2011

Anybody know when we'll get our letters regarding our new benefits rate?  I thought it was in January, but obviously not. ...

Cashing In Benefits
Jul 18, 2011

I'm full-time with benefits.  I'd like to know if we can can be paid in cash instead of getting health insurance, dental insurance, and eye care.  Can I cash in whatever life insurance policy I have had with them for the past 11 years?  I just figured out with the new pay cut I will no longer be able to afford them, but will Medquist pay me for not getting them?  They would save on their end not having to contribute. ...