A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To all the "happy" transcend employees - fastfingers

Posted: Dec 20, 2010

Love reading all the posts on Transcend. For those of you that are happy there, good for you. You must be one of the ones that either "cheat/cherry pick" or your TL/ROM is your best buddy.  The region I work in is notorious for people cherry picking and when TL and ROM are told about this, nothing happens.. No wonder some people are happy. If I could pick and choose what jobs and what doctors  I wanted to do I'd probably be a lot happier too. It either forces you to "do the same" which is dishonest, or have to work much more than 8 hours to get lines in. I'm so tired of hearing how "great" someone is when they cheat to get that great line count and/or take all the easy reports so naturally their QA is excellent too!   I too have had the problem with little work on my account and other MT's  jumping on when their account must be low.  It turns into a dog eat dog world.  I used to love this profession. Now I don't.  No respect, lower pay, in fact in my many, many years of doing this it has gotten progressively worse. I make less now than when I first started!.  Plus other benefits going away too. Shift differential for weekends, not having to work weekends (promised new hires would work then), no CMT recognition, etc, etc.  Plus we are told to lie about our time.  AND we all go for this because we need the money, but yet Transcend doesn't have to pay overtime.  And anyway, their idea of overtime certainly isn't time and a half!!

My only warning with Transcend is that unfortunately they Will lie to you.  Things Will change, no matter what you are told initially. I was happy with them at one time too.   On the plus side, there are some really good TL/ROMs that I have worked with, but their hands are tied too. 

Note to *******, how can you justify your pay, your bonus, your pay increases, your stock options??  Just how DO you live with yourself?  You used to be one of us.  Obviously the money changed you..  And you keep saying how we are valued and we are what makes Transcend successful?  Yes, WE are the ones that make you successful and we can't even make a decent living while you are reaping all the benefits.  Shame on you.

YOU GO GIRL!!!! - Hot Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
AMEN TO THAT!!!! This is what I have been struggling with and always wanted. I used to make 30 to 50,000 a yea (3 to 5 thousand a month) now I barely scrape by making 1,000 (after taxes and benes 600.00 a month plus or minus). The hospitals benefit, the companies that are pimping us benefit, but we have been reduced to less than minimum wage, and are slave laborers. First, we don't get paid for the time we spend cleaning up reports or struggling with horrible accents or sloppy dictators, but we get punished for it because our line count drops, or our reports to QA are high because of these guys/gals, and they hate it too. The docs said they are tired of cleaning up these reports, just want to go back to the old way. I'd rather be a contractor, taking on my own work, directly from a hospital or clinic rather than working for a service if I had my druthers. And, I think the hospitals and clinics need to have their own in-house people, clerks to do the editing for blanks that docs have to fill in. I think the docs need a QA manager to teach them how to dictate and there needs to be a rewards/discipline for them too.

Cherry picking????? - loridrvr

[ In Reply To ..]
I resent the fact that because I am happy with my job, there MUST be a reason. I am not cherry picking or do I have a friend who is a ROM or TL. I just have worked for other companies who just throw you to the wolves and expect you to just do your job without any training at all. I don't care how long you have been doing this, you must have training to feel confident with your platform. I have yet to run out of work and I am only on 2 accounts. So be really careful when you accuse people of things when you don't have a clue what you are talking about!

Yes, I used to make more as a transcriptionist also, but you know what? My husband used to make more at what he does. The economy, politics, etc., etc., etc. Things do not always stay the same. I just feel fortunate to have a job, make decent money, and can stay at home, and be flexible with my schedule.

I'm really sorry so many of you hate Transcend, but please, just because you don't like them, don't call us names because we do!

Wow, guess I hit your hot button!!! - fastfingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you protest too much! If what you say is true, then that's great. You might be lucky one in a good region. Plus a lot depends on how long you have been in the business, your experience, editing or transcribing, etc. You may be one of the fortunate ones. Have to say this though. To those who say the majority are happy, they either are very, very fortunate like you, or are new to Transcend or new to transcription. Those of us who have been in the industry for a long time, we have seen the changes and believe me they are not to our benefit. Even our "own" organization AAMT (yes, that's how far back I go and was once a faithful member) has deserted us. There is no one to speak for us. And frankly most of us DO need our jobs so hard to make a change/complain to DOL whatever, because we need to work. Especially those who may be from a single check family. I am thankful that I can work from home, but it comes with a huge price, namely 10-12 hours a day to make what I did years ago. Again, good for you. What region are you in? I'd love to know what accounts you have if you are willing to share that info with us. Believe me, most of us would love to be in that region!

hot button - loridrvr

[ In Reply To ..]
FYI. When I started doing this, I worked on an IBM Selectric and had those little pieces of white paper to make my corrections with. So, I have been doing this a LONG time! I am in a great region with Transcend. Great communication! Great TM and ROM! There is good and bad in every company. I just hope my region doesn't change!

I too used to make $40, sometimes $50 an hr. transcribing. Those days are gone, unless you own a business, and spend most of your life working! (which I have done also). But if I can make $20-25 an hr, staying at home, saving my gas money and getting my laundry done, I am a happy camper!
So again, I ask, what region are you in? - fastfingers
[ In Reply To ..]
Why won't you share what region you are in, or your ROM or TL? And if editing or transcribing. You should be applauding them if they are as great as you say. It would certainly be a compliment to them. Believe me I would gladly be on this board complimenting Transcend if they deserved it.

Lol, I remember the days of selectric typewriters too. Even the "belts" that the dictation came on. We must be of the same generation!
Fastfingers - mt2
[ In Reply To ..]
Why do expect everyone else to tell what region they are in? If they are happy, it doesn't mean they are cheating.

What region are YOU in that you are so unhappy? Why don't you just quit? I suspect you will be unhappy wherever you go. Some people are just like that!
question - curious
[ In Reply To ..]
How do you do your laundry and type at the same time?
Question - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked at home I would go throw a load of clothes in the washer on my break and then put them in the dryer later, that is how I typed and did laundry at the same time but I can't speak for the other person.
oh..okay - curious
[ In Reply To ..]
Was just wondering because I consider the laundry sorting, loading in washer, then dryer, then folding, hanging, and putting away. If I did any of those things while I was working, I'm afraid I'd not be very productive. I just I'm just not a multitasker. I like to work when I work w/o interruption.

thanks for the answer :-)
Curious - see message - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
That is why I chose to return to working on-site, too many distractions for me at home. My boss didn't care what hours we worked or how long it took as long as we got our time in; I'm the kind of person who needs some structure in my workday so I didn't handle the freedom very well. I know it wouldn't be like that if I worked for an MTSO, though and I'd have a set schedule :-)
I hear ya - curious
[ In Reply To ..]
I have an 8-hour window to produce as much as possible, and a 1/2 break. Friends and family are aware of my schedule and know any interruptions could result in poverty/handout requests to those who don't respect the implications of production work within time constraint. It works for me. I have definition between work, play, housework, etc.

In-house is definitely the best possible scenario. You are lucky to have that opportunity :-)

Best wishes to you!
Another Happy Transcender - who also does laundry
[ In Reply To ..]
OSHA laws- 10 minutes an hour out of the chair :) So I do laundry. I also do some on my lunch break. I even walk the dogs then too.

Amazing to me how bitter some of you are. I work on a great account and while relatively new (6 months) to Transcend, not at all new to this profession (35 years). I'm doing mostly editing. I'm making $18-22/hr which works for me at this point. No, as was pointed out, it's not the $40-50/hr we saw once upon a time or the $75-100/hr I saw as a working service owner, but it's enough to keep me going, and no, I don't have anyone else's salary to fall back on.

To say everyone who is happy is a cherry picker is insulting. There are a lot of very happy MTs. Guess they just don't need a message board to spew on, only the negative ones do.
I'm not bitter - just curious
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't even work for Transcend.
To you happy Transcenders - fastfingers
[ In Reply To ..]
Hurray for you! I did editing too. The only way to make money on it is to be on account that has been using VR for a while. You guys are all so defensive! Very funny.... I will say it AGAIN!! IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES TO HAVE A GOOD ACCOUNT, GOOD TL, ROM, ETC YOU HAD BETTER BE THANKING YOUR LUCKY STARS!!! I all have been TRYING to say, is the majority of us DO NOT have that! When I say good for you, I do not mean it as sarcastic. I truly am happy for you. I just wish I were as lucky and as long as I have been with this company, you would think I would be "lucky" enough to be on and account and/or region like you. I'm an excellent MT, work whenever they ask, excellent QA, many years experience, CMT and have still been thrown to the wolves. Yes, I'm bitter for me, but happy for you IF what you say is true. How sad that you are the minority.
laundry - loridrvr
[ In Reply To ..]
Well..... I don't sit in my chair 8 hours a day. When I take a break, it's usually at the kitchen sink or the washing machine!

She probably has plenty of work because it isnt overstaffed - What would all of you going to that account accomp

[ In Reply To ..]
If I were loridrvr I wouldnt tell you which account I was on. If she is being truthful and has legitimately sufficient work between 2 accounts, why does she want a bunch of other unhappy Transcenders suddenly requesting to her account and take HER work? Her luck of the draw that she got lucky...
Just because it would be nice to be in her region doesn't - fastfingers
[ In Reply To ..]
mean all of us who weren't as lucky would be swarmng to that region. BECAUSE we wouldn't get put on it. #1, there would be too many of us lol, and #2 of the ROM/TL are that great, they'd want to keep their MTs happy. So your response really doesn't apply. Why not say what a great region she is in? If people are willing to back up what they say then don't bother. Everyone will just think you are a suit. Actually since we aren't to name names, you could still make it known where you worked. Geez. I myself work for a big hospital located in Florida, and I actually transcribe, not edit. Good enough?
region - loridrvr
[ In Reply To ..]
Not really comfortable saying what region, because it is a good one, and I think they have just enough staffing. Plus it seems the staff really pulls together when we get behind to catch things up, hence, no need to hire any more transcribers. I will say my secondary account is all transcription and my primary is about half and half VR and transcription.
Of course you're not comfortable saying what - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
region. It would be terrible for you to become one of Transcend's many MTs who are on accounts that are saturated with workers. And you don't want to share your "good one" with someone who might take away your ability to earn a good living. And your're all team players. And the rest of us are what?

I think you are arrogant.
uncomfortable - loridrvr
[ In Reply To ..]
whatever! If you don't like your job, go find another one!
what's the deal? - happy EX-transcender
[ In Reply To ..]
Why won't the "happy" people at Transcend state what region they are with? Maybe they are management like some others have said..hmmmmm.....

When I worked for Transcend I was with the Peery region and had plenty of work....BUT having to edit the stupid BeyondTXT took me forever and also just like someone else said, entering in the ADT info took forever too! For those who are happy at Transcend either have typing only jobs, this is their first transcription job, or they are management coming here to act like they are an MT.... If they are someone who truly is happy then what is the big deal about sharing the region you are with?
Big deal - loridrvr
[ In Reply To ..]
There is no BIG deal. I'm sure I am not the only one in a good region.

If you do not like your job and you happen to work for Transcend, go find yourself another job. There are many MTSOs out there. BUT for those of us who like it (even Beyond TXT) don't call us names, don't call us suits, don't call us cherry pickers, don't call us arrogant or personal friends of management. We are just employees who get up every morning and do our jobs and don't have a problem with the company we work for.

If I ever had a major problems with Transcend and hate it as much as some of you do, I will find somewhere else to work. Simple as that! Okay done!
Did you see my name? EX-transcender - EX-Transcender
[ In Reply To ..]
I DO NOT work for them anymore. I work for a great company with straight typing now. I'm glad you are happy there...hopefully your happiness will last but I doubt it...
isn't overstaffed - loridrvr
[ In Reply To ..]
:)

so you call someone something thats not true and it must be their "hot button" - sheesh

[ In Reply To ..]
x
I wouldn't say what region I am in either - Crabby
[ In Reply To ..]
because I'm not risking my job for anyone.

And why is it when someone says they are actually HAPPY working for a company, others assume they are a TL, ROM or friends with them or a cherrypicker. FYI, on one of my accounts, I cannot grab whatever report I would like to. The only thing I can do is log off if I don't like that particular doctor. And yes, I am woman enough to admit I have done this.

If you don't like Transcend, move on and get over it. If you want to quit, quit. That's just more lines for me.
Yeah...why assume happy at Transend must be a cherry picker even though I just - said I am happy and a cherry picker. Doh! nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
you win - loridrvr
[ In Reply To ..]
and I pronounce you the winner of the "get in the last word contest." You win:)Merry Christmas!
Thank you. Now we'll get to see if you're a person of your word. - HoHoHo nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Well, guess we just have to agree to disagree - Crabby
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm happy at Transcend, the OP was not. Nothing wrong with that.

Yes, if I get a particularly frustrating dictator, I will throw it back occasionally. I can admit to that. It does not happen that often and I will take the longer dictations because usually they have a higher line count.

As far as low work on certain accounts, I have noticed Focus has one of the accounts I work on too. So, it isn't completely Transcend's fault if lines are eaten up for being "overstaffed".

It is Transcends' fault, however, if a TL or ROM is allowing people to only take certain dictators etc. Then that needs to be addressed. As far as I know it does not happen in the region I work in.

Bottom line is this, if people ask for opinions on Transcend, I will put in my 2 cents concerning my experience. If someone asks for an opinion concerning another company I have worked for, I will give that opinion as well. I think people should get both sides, good or bad.

If you want to vent, vent but don't jump all over someone and make assumptions simply because one likes who they work for.

Not a suit, not a cherry picker, not a TL or ROM - but happy nonetheless

[ In Reply To ..]
People. Get off Lori's back already. She's not going to tell you what region she is in for many reasons, not the least of which is that naming names on this board is forbidden; your post will be edited to remove the name, and you might even be banned. Not to mention, those of us fortunate enough to work in good regions, where the ROMs and TLs have mastered the art of staffing and scheduling, are not willing to have our parties crashed. Plain and simple. We're just practicing a little healthy self-interest.

The only people who can cherry-pick in BeyondTXT are people who have been set up for "free will" mode, and the vast majority of the time, that is only given to TLs, QAs and above. For the rest of us minions, we get the jobs in the order that they arrive. And yes, I've been known to cherry-pick in reverse, by un-checking the box and waiting until a dictator I don't like gets claimed by someone else, and then checking the box again.

And yes, I'm as happy as one can be whose profession has gone the way ours has. Either we change with the times, or we get out. And I've been in it long enough that I'd already been at it for 6 years before I got my first Selectric. (Yes, I remember those belts! And Ko-Rec-Type. Nasty stuff.)

And once again, I am not a suit, though I have been in more than one suit-suite in my day; and let me tell you, some seriously messed-up stuff goes on in pretty near every one I've had the misfortune to work in. I'd rather take the pay cut and be a minion than put up with the nonsense.

Furthermore... I have NEVER been told to lie about my time; in fact, I have been told the exact opposite. We are only allowed to work overtime if it is authorized; and if we work unauthorized OT, we can actually be disciplined. And don't think for a moment they can't get into the "back end" and audit the actual time we're logged in and working, although they only do that if they suspect there's something wrong. They have far too much else to do, and there are not enough hours in the day to sit around and micromanage the minions.

If you've been told to lie about your time, you SHOULD report it, because you've got a rogue TL or ROM giving you illegal orders. It is NOT company policy.

So how do I know all this if I'm not a suit? I have my ways and I have my sources, and I'm not going to reveal them, for obvious reasons. You'll just have to decide whether or not to believe what I say.

Similar Messages:

Any HAPPY TTS Employees Out
Jul 16, 2014

Any HAPPY TTS employees out there.  Would love to hear from you. ...

Webmedx Employees ... Are You Happy? Would You Recommend Them?
Jul 25, 2010

In doing a search, I did not see many recent posts.  Thanks in advance!! ...

Any Happy Superior Global Employees?
Mar 11, 2011

I have been made an offer recently from Superior Global.  I do have Escription experience, although my preference is straight typing, but I am beginning to wonder if we won't all have to make the transition to VR eventually.  I personally do prefer straight typing, but have done fairly well in the past with the Escription platform.  Just wondering if this is a stable company and if there truly are happy MTs there?  ...

Any Recent Or Current TTS Employees Happy?
May 19, 2015

I did a search for TTS but only old comments are coming up, 2011 is the newest I could find.  Anyone care to comment about this company?  I know companies do change sometimes, so I thought I'd try to find some recent feelings on it. ...

Happy With Transcend?
Aug 22, 2011

Anyone happy here? Are you able to meet the 900 dollar FT requirement? How is the BeyondText platform?  Making a huge decision, and having a hard time.  Thanks! ...

Former MDI/Transcend Employees
Jun 25, 2010

Just out of curiosity, does anybody have any idea how many people have parted ways with Transcend in the last several weeks that had been with the company for more than four or five years?  I know I am one of them but was just curious how extensive it might be. ...

Transcend Employees
Dec 11, 2012

Well, well, it seems the transcend employees are getting a cut in wages now as of January 1. Like we were making a whole lot to begin with. I quit. ...

Could Anyone Happy At Transcend Please Email Me.
Jul 26, 2010

I am considering Transcend and would like to know what you like about the company, overall communication, flexibility if you have an appointment.  I know not everyone is happy with certain companies and I take that into consideration.  Is there enough work?  I really would like to hear from people that are happy and who are doing acute care and/or radiology.  Thanks in advance for all your help.  ...

Transcend Benefits For MDI Employees
Jan 04, 2010

Has anyone from MDI who has applied for benefits know when we will know if we were approved for our benefits, and when our coverage will begin and will get insurance cards? Has anyone at Transcend who has their benefits had the experience of being turned down and have to wait that 12-month waiting period? The documents we filled out for benefits were pretty simple.  They did not require a lot of personal information. Anyone's experience with the Transcent benefits would be appr ...

Former Deventure/now Transcend Employees
Mar 22, 2010

I just read a few posts below about someone "getting the shaft."  I too was a former Deventure employee and ended up at Transcend through the merge and worked for Deventure for 3 years.   I  have always been curious as to if any of the other former Deventure employees were "happy" with Transcend.  Obviously, my experience after the merge was not a pleasant one and according to at least one other post  'gettiing the shaft" - I am not the only one.  I was tr ...

FOR ALL TRANSCEND EMPLOYEES--INSURANCE
Nov 29, 2012

I found this link today https://secure.benergy.com/ASPX/EE/home.aspx?MenuItemId=72#   It goes to a different site than we have all been given to choose our health benefits.  Check out the prices and plans that apparently Nuance employees get to choose from.  Way more reasonable than what we've been given. ...

DTS / Transcend - DTS Employees Transitioning To The New Company
May 11, 2011

I went through the Transcend orientation yesterday for (former) DTS employees transitioning to the new company.  It left me very, very, very sad.  Transcend's methodology is so different from DTS.  The requirement of the $900 per pay period of full-time employees will be so difficult to achieve on this new BeyondText speech recognition as my pay will be cut based on what other MTs have told me!!!  (That and IF the work is available which in the past with DTS has been very off and on.)  ...

Transcend Employees...entering Time In TimeSaver
Feb 07, 2012

I need help and need to know how you all enter your time in TimeSaver.  I was told to only enter the time you are actually typing or editing and do not enter the time you are researching or reading work emails, etc., only when your "hands are on the keyboard".  So, this obviously won't equal to 8 hours a day just by entering this time, so how do they figure in that we are full-time employees this way?   If I only enter 5 or 6 hours a day instead of 8 then they can ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

Happy Transcriptions Is Still Happy
Aug 19, 2013

Who in their right mind names a company "Happy Transcriptions?" In this day and age, all I see is "sad" MTs and, in my opinion, if "Happy Transcriptions" is still happy, they can only be messing even more with us poor "sad" MTs. All I can say is I am so "happy" I am so close to being on my way out of MT! ...

HAPPY TRANSCRIPTIONS - Not Happy
Nov 10, 2013

Am I the only one who feels that life is not happy at Happy Transcription?  I love the work, but the owner is totally unprofessional and needs to revamp the organization. ...

THERE ARE NO HAPPY MQ MTS OUT THERE?????? NONE????
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

Happy At TTS
May 03, 2010

I've been at TTS for almost 3 years and I have nothing but positive things to say about TTS.  I never have to guess what TTS expects from me, and I do my best to deliver that on a consistent basis.  Communication flows freely and efficiently.  My team leader and 2 shift leads are EXCELLENT managers in my opinion.  Everything I invest in my job comes back to me and then some.  I can recommend TTS to anybody unapologetically. ...

Happy 10-10-10, Everybody. :)
Oct 10, 2010

x ...

Is Anyone Happy Being An MT
Oct 30, 2010

I am surprised at just how many or your are miserable with what you do.  I am a new MT ans I am also having trouble finding work.  It's not easy.  I can see that having editing to fall back on would be good.  I have read the posts about don't do this just to work from home.  I have small children and my only choice would be daycare if I went to work somewhere, which would eat up half my pay check.  Sometimes it's not just money, sometimes it's fo ...

Is Anyone Actually Happy With VR?
Jul 08, 2011

I've read tons and tons of negative complaints about VR, but are there people out there who actually like it? I'm starting training on a new job this weekend and 90% of it is VR, but all clinic notes, no ops or discharge summaries. It seems like it might easy and a nice change from straight typing for me. Any thoughts? ...

BE HAPPY
Jul 30, 2011

To all of you complainers, and I was one of them.  Be happy you have a job and can work at home.  I was actually bringing myself down with all the complaining.  Hey, things are not what they used to be and complaining just makes it worse.  HAVE A GREAT DAY. ...

Any Happy MTs Out There???
Nov 28, 2011

Hi, everyone.   I was just wondering if there are any MTs out there that are happy with their jobs and are able to make some good money in this profession.  I have read lots and lots of posts, and it seems like a huge percentage of the posts are about how bad people's jobs are and how little money they are making.  I understand people need to vent, but there have to be some MTs that are happy and making money.  I recently graduated from one of the top MT schools and ...

MME: Are There Any Happy MME's Out There?? Considering MME
Jan 06, 2012

nm. ...

TTD, Anyone Happy There?
May 18, 2012

Anyone feel comfortable working there? Getting paid on time and correct amount? It would really help me right now to know this company is legit.  Thanks much. ...

Are There Happy MTs Out There?
May 31, 2012

If so.......who are you working for and is it straight transcription or VR? Employee or IC? Thanks! ...

Happy?
Jun 15, 2012

I am a seasoned (25+ years) transcriptionist who has recently found this site and like it thus far.  I have been looking for supplemental income.  However, there seems to be a lot of negativity regarding at-home transcription jobs.  Is anyone happy at home and with their employer?  If so, what companies are good companies?  I recently tested for M-Modal, but am a little apprehensive after seeing some of these comments.   ...

Is Anyone Happy And Doing Well Here
Jul 01, 2012

I start with MM in a couple of weeks and I just wonder if ANYONE is happy and doing well here.  After reading this forum, I'm a little scared about the choice I made. ...

Anyone Happy
Oct 02, 2012

Been with same company for several years; locked into a corner with DS all day and bored, so not making any $ cause taking breaks constantly.  Reading posts on here.  Are there any RECOMMENDED acute care companies out there?  Seems like they all have a bad rep with the MTs. Anyone happy? ...

Happy With Job
Nov 06, 2012

I understand how frustrated many people are with the way things are going with MT jobs.  I am not posting this to make anyone feel worse, but to let people know that there are some good jobs in MT.  I work for a private local medical office. I had been worried, too, as our office offered voice recognition to docs and some use it.  A lot got frustrated, mostly the ones who want their notes to be correct, and went back to using our services.  I had even been looking at online M ...