A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend employees...entering time in TimeSaver - stressedMT

Posted: Feb 07, 2012

I need help and need to know how you all enter your time in TimeSaver.  I was told to only enter the time you are actually typing or editing and do not enter the time you are researching or reading work emails, etc., only when your "hands are on the keyboard".  So, this obviously won't equal to 8 hours a day just by entering this time, so how do they figure in that we are full-time employees this way? 

If I only enter 5 or 6 hours a day instead of 8 then they can always say I'm a part-time employee right?  I don't want to be played here and I need benefits and need to be full time. 

Transcend timesaver - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I would check with your TL or regional manager if I were you. I also work there but only part time. My frustration is that I am supposed to work 8 hours 3 days a week, fine no problem. But, here is the problem, the worst dictators I have ever had in 25 years of being an MT, so very low line counts result. If I put down 8 hours and my lines are so low that they question that, I was told to put down less time... Go figure on that one... oh, yea, it's because they do not want or have to pay you even minimum wage, because that is exactly what it would come to or less.

Have asked too many times to count for new accounts and not happening for me. It would be a shame if I lost the job that I need just to survive through no fault of my own because I am not putting in the required hours for part-time!!

It seems like the only answer is to increase - speed. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Do they require you to do a certain number of LPH editing or transcribing? I think they require a certain amount of $$$ per pay period to be considered full time and if it takes you 50 hours a week to do this, oh well. The only recourse is speeding up as I said. If they require, for instance, 150 LPH transcribing, divide your lines for the day by 150 and come up with your hours worked. I think researching is a big part of this job and should be considered in the equation to an extent. I personally have a time limit that I spend on researching.

it goes by gross pay - memls

[ In Reply To ..]
if you are full time you are required to gross 900 per pay period, if you fall below that for a subsequent amount of pay periods you are dropped to part time which part time MLS are required to gross 450 per pay period. It does not go by hours or LPH.

yes, but - stressedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
when they say you need to be working at least 35 hours a week for full time, is that the time you have entered into Timesaver or does it matter? I can't get a clear answer about this from anyone at Transcend.
35 hours for full time means 35 hours enter the hours - needed to show you are full time
[ In Reply To ..]
If you are making the line counts, then enter the hours you need to be considered full-time or you'll probably be facing loss of benefits for not working the required hours.
full time at Trascend - me too
[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, the TimeSaver - That is anything but! I am reading this in a very interested manner as I have had my issues with this. I had asked early on if I could work one given Sunday, which was in the same payperiod, after I had a week of technical problems the week before, not being able to do so on Saturday and I was told, NO. Because I could not run the risk of running over time the next week. Then, another time I was being told to fix my TimeSaver because there were too many hours for the amount of work I did as I originally was putting down the 8 hours I spend at the computer working (my fingers are not always typing on a report when working obviously. Sometimes there are technical issues, emails to send, Googling, figuring out information sheet issues, reading canned text to see which is correct, which takes longer than transcribing the entire thing to begin with, but I digress, and so on). Bottom line - They need a new system.

Right, until now. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
now the communications say you must meet the gross pay AND the minimum of 7 hr per day requirement for full-time benefits.
you are right - memls
[ In Reply To ..]
I just seen that..LOL..well I hope they are going to make sure there is enough work for people to do that. I am only part time
well, they are setting themselves up for some legal action - to be taken against them, sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I would do it in a heartbeat. If they took away my full-time status because of this, I would definitely hire an attorney and get them into court over it. Chances are they would settle and then have to change their future practice of this illegal time keeping.
They've required that for at least 3 years when - former Trancend
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them. They're not scared of us.
That's because no one has challenged this practice. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure this practice of time keeping is not up to - standars for the DOL, sm
[ In Reply To ..]
make a verbal complaint to someone about it, make a written complaint. I would just cover myself for future reference. They are going to get someone in there eventually who is not afraid to stand up for themselves over this.
Trust me, you won't win with DOL or attorney - do not bother
[ In Reply To ..]
Been there, done that. They have deep pockets and can afford expensive attorneys, and you will not win. Just get out--that's my advice.
of course, PT have different requirement. - no message
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Gross? - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think it's gross minimum of 900, I think it's net minimum of 900.
no, it is gross. Net varies per insurance, etc. - no message
[ In Reply To ..]
x

900 min 35 hours - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Keep in mind not everyone is paid the same so someone paid 10 cents a line and 5 cents VR makes 900 min much quicker than someone paid 8 cents a line 4 cents VR. Also the 35 hour requirement is all in the Trancend Handbook or whatever it is called.

here is my advice - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
As a long-time MT, I say that researching words, reading work email, etc ARE part of the job. Now I feel I am fair. If I am checking reasonably quickly for a word, name or looking at work email for stat information, that is figured into my work time. Keep in mind too that 7 hours a day is considered full-time, at least per the information I have been given. If you are in great need of benefits, then do according to what is required, don't listen to me. But I feel strongly about this "hands on the keyboard" thing. It amounts to another drop in wages if we abide. I agree with other poster to talk to your TL and other higher ups if anything unclear. Communication is important.

Yes, I have talked to the TL and ROM - stressedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been given generic responses, almost sounds as if they are rehearsed. It's hard for me to understand the "hands on keyboard" thing as researching is a huge part of our work and we can't enter that time in.

As stated in a previous post, save your e-mails as - this company is setting themselves up, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
for a lawsuit from somebody. I guarantee you the first time they fire someone or they have no work for someone and they try to collect unemployment, someone is going to blow the whistle on this company for this illegal practice of theirs.

You're being played if you don't include the time - you spent on your job, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That includes whatever you have to do to get your job done, even research. They are just trying to get out of paying extra for overtime if someone ended up working that or bringing someone up to minimum wage. What they are doing is illegal.

yes, it sounds like - sm, disilllusioned

[ In Reply To ..]
as if they are trying very hard to steamline payouts and discard MTs, whatever it takes to increase profit margin. If things continue in this vein, I may just lose my belief about it being a decent place to work.

Find out who you send all the blanks to - that require research, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't work for free.

yeah, I agree, I just don't know what to do .. - stressedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I get paid for the line counts, so that isn't a problem, but it is a whole different issue as I don't know how I would ever be paid for OT if I were to have it.

I'm basically sitting at a desk for 7 hours a day, that's after taking out the time for lunch (which I use to pick my DD up from school) and bathroom breaks, but I'm only entering 4-6 hours' time worked, usually about 5. It doesn't sound right at all.

I don't many other options for working for other companies though. The small and mid-sized companies are getting swallowed up by the squid and I don't wanna work for them. I may look into coding...idk...

seach the archives, you're not alone - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
hopefully as time goes by.. - stressedMT
[ In Reply To ..]
and I get more familiar with the account I'm on, I won't have to spend so much time on researching the area physicians and towns, clinics, etc. I just think that time spent researching is time working. I guess I can't win this battle though...
StressedMT: We just had a meeting about - how to use Google SM
[ In Reply To ..]
more effectively, how to narrow your search parameters, etc., things that would cut your research time hopefully. There were also excellent websites given to search specific things, such as towns, cities, physician names, drug names. I think this could help you. I also think you will get faster the more familiar you get with the account. Ask your TL if you can get this information.
It's really not about the time it takes to research - stressedMT
[ In Reply To ..]
It's about the fact that we should be paid for time spent working, whether it's actually typing/editing or researching. No, we shouldn't be paid for time off work after our shift is over when we are at the movies or with our family or watching TV, etc, but sitting at a desk doing my JOB, yes, I should be paid for that time..the WHOLE time.

Precyse does the same thing, different name. - NoThanks

[ In Reply To ..]
What they want you to do is actually be stroking the keys for 7 hours. This can take about 10 hours to do, given all the other stuff going on. So, you work about 50 hours a week to show 35. If you do not do the 35, they threaten your job. No, it's not right and it should not be legal. But they are doing it AND getting away with it. It sucks. And it doesn't matter if you are fast and accurate. Only their statistics matter.

You're forgetting the most important thing . . - mollie

[ In Reply To ..]
We should be paid not only for being
AVAILABLE during our shift to work but also for our KNOWLEDGE. When you go to an attorney, you are paying for his knowledge, not just time. We have to know the difference between ilius and ileus, perineal and peroneal, etc. and where these are appropriate. Just today I had to flag a report on the hands that used "metacarpals" instead of "metatarsal". Our pay should reflect knowledge as well as labor.

Um, what? - Pam

[ In Reply To ..]
Metacarpals is the hands, and metatarsals are the feet.

Similar Messages:

Transcend TimeSaver
Feb 10, 2012

I don't have a problem with TimeSaver.  After tracking my lines for quite a while and using a stopwatch to see how many lines on average I produce an hour, which translated to $18.50 per hour, now I just take my lines for the day and divide that by $18.50 to figure out how many hours I worked.  I usually do 1850 lines a day to equal 8 hours. ...

Spent More Time Manually Entering CCs
Jan 30, 2015

How is that even remotey fair? ...

Former MDI/Transcend Employees
Jun 25, 2010

Just out of curiosity, does anybody have any idea how many people have parted ways with Transcend in the last several weeks that had been with the company for more than four or five years?  I know I am one of them but was just curious how extensive it might be. ...

Transcend Employees
Dec 11, 2012

Well, well, it seems the transcend employees are getting a cut in wages now as of January 1. Like we were making a whole lot to begin with. I quit. ...

Transcend Benefits For MDI Employees
Jan 04, 2010

Has anyone from MDI who has applied for benefits know when we will know if we were approved for our benefits, and when our coverage will begin and will get insurance cards? Has anyone at Transcend who has their benefits had the experience of being turned down and have to wait that 12-month waiting period? The documents we filled out for benefits were pretty simple.  They did not require a lot of personal information. Anyone's experience with the Transcent benefits would be appr ...

Former Deventure/now Transcend Employees
Mar 22, 2010

I just read a few posts below about someone "getting the shaft."  I too was a former Deventure employee and ended up at Transcend through the merge and worked for Deventure for 3 years.   I  have always been curious as to if any of the other former Deventure employees were "happy" with Transcend.  Obviously, my experience after the merge was not a pleasant one and according to at least one other post  'gettiing the shaft" - I am not the only one.  I was tr ...

FOR ALL TRANSCEND EMPLOYEES--INSURANCE
Nov 29, 2012

I found this link today https://secure.benergy.com/ASPX/EE/home.aspx?MenuItemId=72#   It goes to a different site than we have all been given to choose our health benefits.  Check out the prices and plans that apparently Nuance employees get to choose from.  Way more reasonable than what we've been given. ...

DTS / Transcend - DTS Employees Transitioning To The New Company
May 11, 2011

I went through the Transcend orientation yesterday for (former) DTS employees transitioning to the new company.  It left me very, very, very sad.  Transcend's methodology is so different from DTS.  The requirement of the $900 per pay period of full-time employees will be so difficult to achieve on this new BeyondText speech recognition as my pay will be cut based on what other MTs have told me!!!  (That and IF the work is available which in the past with DTS has been very off and on.)  ...

Timesaver
Feb 07, 2010

I could not enter my hours for the 3 days that I did work, due to waiting for support to get back to me about login problems.  I got past that and got onto the system.  I now notice that there is no dollar amount where it should be.  I was under the impression during training that these dollar amounts with calculate automatically and you would be able to see what you had made.  Is that correct?  I also noticed that for each day there was already an entry with my total da ...

Are There Any Part Time Employees Left?
Aug 29, 2013

I wasn't on the boards for a little while, and now I'm seeing posts about all the part time people being laid off.  Is this true?  Do we know this for sure, or just speculation? ...

Does MQ Hire Statutory Employees Or Is It Just Part-time?
Jan 20, 2012

I need flexibility because I home school.    ...

PTO Accrual Is At Amphion For Full Time Employees?
Apr 11, 2012

Does anyone know what the PTO accrual is at Amphion for full time employees? Thanks. ...

Does Anyone Know If Keystrokes Hires Part-time Employees? Nm
May 04, 2012

nm ...

Is The Incentive Plan For Part-time Employees, Too? Sm
Dec 11, 2012

Someone chatted online during the meeting that the incentive program is for full-time employees only? Is this true? I'm part-time but can make the lines in at least Tier 2.  ...

Question For At-home Part-time Employees. Sm
Jan 26, 2013

I will be going part-time soon (Social Security) and am considering whether to work about 4-5 hours a day for 5 days a week or work 3 days (7-8 hours each).  Not sure if the 3 days is even allowed, but I know some co-workers are doing 4-day weeks@10 hours a day.  My question is which do those of you who are already part-time like?  I see advantages and disadvantages to both.  We are required to have set schedules. With a 5-day schedule, having the rest of the day free. With ...

How Many Full-time Tier 3 Employees Were Laid Off?
Apr 05, 2013

There has to be something behind this selection process. If I were streamlining the company, I would lay off starting with tier I (because tier 2 and tier 3 can also do the work) and then tier 2 (because tier 3 can also do the work).  I think MModal will eventually end up with only tier 3 employees in the US, and they will force them to all become MMEs.  JMHO. Don't know how may part time people are tier 3, but I would imagine employees w/o benefits are cheaper than employees wi ...

Timesaver Transition To Webclock
Dec 16, 2012

Those who are still using Timesaver to log their time are supposed to be switching to webclock right? Does anyone know when that starts? I haven't heard anything about it recently.  ...

How Many Employees Make Under Minimum Wage & Use A Time Clock?
Jun 27, 2014

I recently started working for a new MTSO and am employee-status for the first time.  We use a time clock.  My LPH is half what it should be due to the volume of horrid dictators. When that rare miracle happens and I get all good dictators for an hour my LPH double and meets requirement. My concern is:  How many are fired because they don't meet the required volume for fear of FSLA suits?  Is this still happening like it was a year ago?   What can we do when the l ...

Transcend Plays Favorites Big Time
Dec 04, 2009

Why are these managers playing favorites?  Don't they think that some of us know our teammates and talk to them?  Just as an example, one of my teammates got a birthday gift, but some of the rest of have never even gotten a birthday card or note saying happy birthday.   Some get thank you letters if they spell a word right and the rest of never even get a thank you when we have worked hours to help get an account out of trouble.  And this is by the same manager.&nbs ...

Transcend Part-time Question
Jan 16, 2010

How strict is Transcend on the weedend 8 hour requirement for part-time? If I am only working 20 hours/week, it seems a little crazy that 8 of those hours have to be a weekend day. ...

Transcend/Nuance - Time Clock
Nov 25, 2012

Used to work for Transcend and loved that you input your own time card.  You could put down 8 hours even if it took you 10 to make your lines/$.  Sorry to see employees will now have to use that same stupid clock we all do.  Not hard, just a pain in the (&*&.   When we were acquired by Nuance we still use our old system with time clock built in and the new one too.  Then the reduction in wages.  All in all... not a joyful union.  My sympathies are ...

Re-entering Field
Feb 19, 2015

I would like to re-enter medical transcription field after 4 years of retirement. Any suggestions on how and what to do to re-enter.  Is there a short review course that could be helpful? ...

One More Time For Transcend – Then Maybe We Can Let Them Rest In Peace
May 10, 2010

For all you Transcend haters – more fuel for the flames. This is PUBLIC record – nothing confidential here.  No need to comment on the validity – this is straight from the Court records.  By the way, they are in talks and have hopes to acquire 1 or 2 more companies THIS YEAR.  Is your company going to be one of them?  No one is safe!!!   LET THE RANTINGS BEGIN ENJOY !!!!!  Plaintiff TRS Institute, LLC, complaining of Defendant Transcend S ...

Transcend Full Time Status Quotas
Apr 27, 2011

I'm a newbie at Transcend and find I like it more than expected based on board comments.  I am also new to VR - and also find that I like that too!  My question is this, for any long-time Transcenders...I am nowhere near making the minimum $$ amount required for full-time status, which I was hired at.  What happens after the 90 day trial period -   Do you think I would be let go??  I would like to just be considered part-time at that point.  ...

Entering Qcare Ticket For NJA
Nov 27, 2010

Hello, need help with entering Qcare ticket for NJA.  Entered one and was told I entered it incorrectly and had to redo it.  I had the following: Category: DocQscribe subcategory: job not assigning. What are the correct category and subcategory to enter a ticket for NJA? Thanks in advance for you help and direction. ...

Re-entering Medical Transcription
Mar 01, 2013

How do you re-enter the medical transcription field? Are there any brush up courses online? What is the average pay per line?  Any help would be appreciated. Kat ...

To All The "happy" Transcend Employees
Dec 20, 2010

Love reading all the posts on Transcend. For those of you that are happy there, good for you. You must be one of the ones that either "cheat/cherry pick" or your TL/ROM is your best buddy.  The region I work in is notorious for people cherry picking and when TL and ROM are told about this, nothing happens.. No wonder some people are happy. If I could pick and choose what jobs and what doctors  I wanted to do I'd probably be a lot happier too. It either forces you to "do the same" ...

Whomever Is Entering Docs Into ADT Should Be Held Accountable. Sm
Mar 22, 2011

I have been here with MQ 4ever it seems.  Today, I just need to rant.  It seems that for the last week or so ASR has gotten WORSE, leaving out words and still not changing terms which have been repeatedly "corrected" by me.  It is not "learning".  Of course, I guess this means job security.    But, the next rant I have is how many ways can someone enter a docs credentials and initials in?   Constantly leaving out the periods after the middle initials ...

"unpaid Time Off" For Production-paid Employees
Jun 26, 2011

Looking to find out from others if this "UTO" is a normal industry-wide policy for production-paid transcriptionists who are not paid for time when lines are not turned in; example, storms, power outages, company's platform down, etc.  Losing pay and bonuses for not working the same hour twice and getting paid for once.  Losing time for sleep, family and medical regimen, too.  What is the norm out there?  This just started recently.  Don't mind not being paid f ...

Landmark Insurance - Does Landmark Offer To Full Time Employees?
Jan 24, 2012

What kind, if any, insurance does Landmark offer to full time employees? Medical, life, dental, etc Need medical and dental and thinking about taking a job here. ...