A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend/MDI employee forced out - Unemployed

Posted: Jan 18, 2011

The story is I worked on same account for 4 years under MDI with no complaints about my work, always went above and beyond.  I was at top of pay scale.  Then, Transcend took over a year ago and has been hiring a lot of new employees, probably at a lot lower line rate with the industry the way it is, and now I had a "random" audit done of my work and said I failed and must go thru probation.  I said "no" to probation because upon my review, I found it was not random reports picked; I should not have failed it.  I asked for them to look at my findings; they wouldn't.  I asked to be transferred; they said no cuz now I am a "problem" employee and my only choice was to do the probation; if not done, it would be considered work abandoment.  I told them to do what they had to and I filed for unemployment.  I feel like they were looking for a way to squeeze me out cuz my line rate is too high.  Has anything like this happed to anybody else?  Just wondering.

sounds like the Q to me... you sure you weren't dreaming - that you worked at T/MDI

[ In Reply To ..]
Just checking..

Definitely sounds like they're taking pointers from MQ...nm - MTinNY

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

feeling squeezed before the merger, so I left - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
I was working full time with MDI when work began to mysteriously disappear. One day I questioned whether my primary acct had dropped MDI. wow, I only THOUGHT work was disappearing! After that, my lines dropped even further. I got an email that I was not working enough and I was being transitioned to probation as a p.r.n MT. My line rate was droppedd to 7 cents. I took the hint, saw the hand writing on the wall and found work elsewhere. I turned in my notice the day they announced switching over to VR.

I absolutely believe they began squeezing higher-paid MTs out several years ago and only kept the ones willing to hang in this long to make the merger look better on paper. Now that the dust has settled from that, there is no reason to keep any more higher paid MTs.

Same thing happened to me, but I left on my own too. - ExMDI/TCR

[ In Reply To ..]
I started experiencing these things back in July, 2010. We didn't have a set schedule, but had a 12-hour period to achieve our quota. We were also told before the merger that the only qualification for full-time status was meeting the $900 every pay period. We were told repeatedly that Transcend didn't go by a line quota, but rather by a dollar amount.

Then all of a sudden we started getting more and more pressure to make sure we worked 8 hours, even if our quota was met in less than 8 hours. When I mentioned that this was not what was agreed upon when we signed our employee paperwork (based on what we were told in conference calls), then the proverbial poop started to hit the fan. I was emailed over and over about stupid, nitpicking little crap until I finally quit.

When I quit I didn't even give notice and was told by ** that I would never be eligible for rehire at Transcend. I was heartbroken...NOT.

Leaving was the best thing I could have done and my only regret was that I didn't leave before Transcend took over.

ExMDI/TCR - Mrs.R.

[ In Reply To ..]
I DID leave before Transcend took over because MDI had been playing fast and loose with the truth about why there was no work on my accounts--and because I had this intuition that the "power players" from MDI would play even harder and meaner at TCR. Leaving was the best thing I could have done, too. Found a small mom and pop (yes, a few do exist) and work for them. I would not go back to MDI/TCR even if the power kids who climbed the corporate ladder offered to share some of their proverbial millions with me. (NOT!) Good luck to you. I really wish you well and hope you find what you are looking for.
The MTs from MDI were surprised by Transcend - MT64
[ In Reply To ..]
When the MTs from MDI transitioned over to Transcend we were really surprised at what took, but quite a few of us knew this was not going to be good and it wasn't. We were not told the truth by MDI as to what to expect, and all the things we were promised on our behalf never came through. I am sure that the Transcend MTs thought we had privileges given to us and promised to us, and we were pre-judged before we even got settled, but I can see why the MTs from Transcend would think that, given what they were also told. It turned out to be a nightmare for both sides. Having been through more than 2 mergers before; one at a hospital in our area and one with MedQuist, it was the same scenario all over again. To keep us still working, MDI had to tell us some pretty glorious things to keep us there until the accounts were switched over to Transcend. After a few months Transcend started cleaning house too, and a lot of the MDI MTs were without jobs. We had a couple of ruthless people in charge at MDI, and they took care of themselves and left us in the dust. I am sorry for the MTs at MDI and those at Transcend.
The lies didn't just come from MDI. sm - ex-MDI/TCR
[ In Reply To ..]
It was on a conference call with Transcend CEO that we first asked about having to work a schedule, and I specifically asked if we could meet our dollar quota daily did we have to work the full 8 hours. I specified that the Transcend employee handbook said that full-time status was 35 hours per week, and he said as long as we met the dollar amount, Transcend did not focus on the hours worked. On another call with the COO, the same thing was asked and she gave the same spiel.

In fact, it did go that way for a while. It was the TL that started sending emails about the 8 hours a day, even though according to Transcend's handbook full-time was 35 hrs a week, which equates to 7 hours a day. I mentioned this and that's when all the nitpicking started. I really do believe that I was targeted for removal because everything went smoothly for almost 6 months and then emails started on a daily basis until they got to the point where I was getting 3 or 4 of them a day. I think they really had no grounds for dismissal, so they used a different tactic to get me to quit.
Left too before Transcend. Had same thoughts. sm - CrispyCritterMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I gave a 2 week notice. There was little work and I already had another job. When asked if I was going to "work my schedule" for the 2 weeks, told them its kind of hard to work when there is none. I said my resignation could be effective immediately and they said okay and I said okay and sayonara!

Was told the same thing by her. - MT64

[ In Reply To ..]
I am glad you mentioned *****, because that was who I was referring in my note I just wrote. She was ruthless and she also told me that I would NEVER be eligible for rehire at Transcend. The way they treated me was nothing short of cruel. I've said this before, but I had a short, maybe 5 minute meeting, which was no meeting, and someone said they didn't even get that, well trust me you would not have wanted it. They pretty much drove the knife in deeper. I kept all my e-mails and notes, and I tried my best to tell them what was really said, against what they said happened, and of course they wouldn't let me defend myself. They kept me to work the July 4th holiday, knowing they did not have the staff, and baited me into thinking they would keep me on, but all along they knew they were going to fire me. The person that really put the nails in my coffin was the employee advocate for the MTs, who was supposed to speak for me and defend me; in fact, she said "don't worry, you will be able to keep your job." I had worked with her for over a month, and she agreed with everything, and said I was totally right, but when it came time to say that she threw me out there to get chewed up, and said it was not true!!!! She is not to be trusted in any way at all. Well, I am sorry for exMDI/TCR, and now I also know I was not the only one that was told I would never get rehired again...well guess what, it will be a cold day in H... before I ever, ever even think about any employment with Transcend.
A word of warning about "Employee Advocates" : - s/msg
[ In Reply To ..]
These people are anything BUT advocates for the employee. Think about it: What MT company actually gives a rat's rear-end about any of its employees? NONE! No, they don't pay their precious dollars for the salary of this so-called "advocate" out of the goodness of their hearts, or for the benefit of their employees.

These people are paid to gain the confidence of employees, so that they'll spill their guts to them, thinking that maybe things can be worked out. Then the company, now fully armed with more knowledge about their company and that employee, can then put their spin on it, and change everything around to that it comes out in their favor, not the employee's.

I worked inhouse at a place once that had a lot of morale problems, mainly because we had a horrible transcription manager. But of course, everything always got blamed on us, and the manager "could to no wrong".

On multiple occasions, the hospital brought in an "employee advocate". We never knew who these people were, or what organization they came from. We were simply told that the hospital had paid a lot of money for this person to come in and "help" us, and that we should take full advantage of it.

So we would have these meetings, without the manager present, so that people felt they could say whatever was on their mind in full annonymity. In one of our earlier "encounters", the "advocate", after the first general meeting, split us up into smaller groups. Amazingingly, even as we talked, that person began taking what we were saying and twisting it around, right in front of us! Luckily I caught onto that quickly, and kept my mouth shut for the rest of the meeting.

We had other encounters with so-called "advocates" that were a little different. We had our employee meetings, and yet we would never, EVER, get any feedback afterwards, either from the "advocate", or from our employer. The only changes that ever came about from these meetings were that the employer was even better-informed than ever, when it came to knowing what words to twist, what information to put to their own use, and also which employees to target for dismissal, and how to go about doing it successfully, since they now knew which buttons to push to make us want to quit. So much for annonymity!

you're making me very concerned - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It seems like every time I start making good production, I get a different account. I too have been getting emails about needing to work 35-40 hours to qualify for full time and THAT is not what we were promised (in MDI transition). I thought strongly about confronting this, but I see now where it got you. I'm getting so bothered about this industry as well as the world at large. If it weren't for my kids, I'd be ready to be plucked out of this mean old world.

It isn't just Transcend and MQ that are doing this, either. - These QA shenanigans are popping up everywhere!

[ In Reply To ..]
The sleasiest used-car-salesman in town, with a lotful of lemons, is a choirboy compared to the underhandedness of these MTSO managers.

forced out - VG

[ In Reply To ..]
Did a similar post above on tyrant QA. I too worked for MDI for over 3 years. Yes, I think they are to force you out or make you accept a lower line rate. They told me I failed their random review and some of it I do not recognize as typing and things I would never type, plus they changed all punctuation which they could fail me on alone if they want to. They lower your score and then they want you to work for less money. No matter how perfectly I type they find error including if I do not type recipient address for carbon copy (for which I do not get pain anyway because that is part of the head. I will type the name, but not the whole address because the system generates that from the data base. They held that against me in the review of my work even though that is part of the header and we do not even paid for that.

I would ask for proof that I was the original MT on that work. - I CAN be proven. If they choose not to - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
prove it, I would talk to an attorney. That proof IS there. Computer hard-drives get supoenaed and checked every day. You could probably also have YOUR hard drive checked. If you typed the report, and feel it was changed by someone, those keystrokes you hit to type it should be hidden away on your drive somewhere, even if the report was sent long ago.

I, too, have had reports sent back to me that I know I never even typed. I've had QA take reports that were 100% correct, and add "mistakes" to them, either intentionally, or because they truly didn't know the correct word.

The wheels were starting to turn with regards to forcing me out, too, as I was a higher-paid MT. I didn't have to resort to an attorney (yet), because I started documenting every single thing they typed. And through their spyware on my PC, (which they adamantly claim does not exist), they realized I was documenting every word and every inaccurately *corrected* report, and they got off my case - FAST.

Unemployed - curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you give any hint as to what acct you were on? I know you can't give the name on here.

Very same thing happened to me too - MT65

[ In Reply To ..]
The very same things that all of you mentioned in your notes are the same things that happened to me at Transcend/MDI. They also told me they did a random audit of my work and found that it fell below required percentage, and I also knew that this was not random, and when I checked my reports over I knew they were not mine, but had been changed in places to mistakes I could not have made, nor did make. I also found out that when you got on the bad side of a manager or QA, they would change the reports to reflect very poor quality; this was actually done. They also put me on probation (I was a higher paid MT) and then when we had a meeting to discuss my errors, they basically told me I was fired, no warning, nothing. This is being done a lot, but in order to catch them in it you would have to have documented facts, but these were doctored to look like I was at fault. Yes, it does happen and has happened to mostly MTs with a lot of experience and high quality work. They don't want many full-time MTs now, because they don't want the cost of paying insurance and benefits. I do a lot of VR now, and have noticed that horrible errors are coming through on the VR, which means the MTs that are doing the editing are not doing a good job and training VR to accept really horrible errors in the dictation. When they put out a note to all the MTs and have to tell them to spell a few very common terms correctly, you know something is wrong; namely that they are hiring new MTs with not a lot of experience so they don't have to pay a lot for the work. It is a horrible industry right now, and I dread what is coming along in the future.

forced out? - very unhappy camper

[ In Reply To ..]
yes, this happens ALOT at Transcend/MDI. Happened to me, and is happening right now to a friend of mine, too. She was told to send her work to a specific QA person, and she "forgot" to do so for a couple of reports, and they got really huffy with her about this! Interestingly, when the specific QA person got her work, it failed the audit. When I emailed a particular QA person when I was leaving, she told me that it was "a shame", since I was "a good MT". I laughed and told her that it is good to know that some people think that I am a good MT, but according to others.....

so no, it is not you. but know that you can't do anything about it. That's the bad news. The good news, others in the industry know what has happened to those of us who got forced out due to the merger.

Yes, you're right. Others in the industry DO know about Transcend - exMDI/TCR

[ In Reply To ..]
Before I left, I contacted a former employer with whom I had remained on good terms. She told me that while Transcend seems to be on the top right now, they are going the route of MQ in the eyes of a lot of medical facilities. They traded their quality for cheap labor, and their product shows it. The clients that take them now either are new and buy into their BS or the ones that put money before quality. There is a very valid reason Transcend's KLAS rating dropped so drastically.

She hired me back in a New York minute and I am so happy I'm out of that rat-race of a company run by vermin.
The same thing happens every time there is a merger. - MT Wordz - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
It happened at my MTSO, and although I was tempted to quit immediately, I held on to see what happened. What happenend was not good. It never is when two companies merge. The resulting monster that the merer forms seems to always take on all the two companies' negative characteristics, and toss out whatever good things there were about either of them.

If you're with a good smaller company, and it gets bought out by one of the behemoths, it's an absolute given that everything you liked about your former company will disappear. Which is why in the future, I'll NEVER ride out a merger again, I'll cut my losses and RUN.

Exact same thing happened to me.... - suchajokeandprobablyillegal

[ In Reply To ..]

Transend and forcing out---history repeats itself - AT

[ In Reply To ..]
That's the company's history. Theycame in and took over the hospital I worked at. They lied, to everyone and they merged with 2 small privately owned companies. I worked also for a lovely lady, God Rest her soul. She was promised being the head of the homebased office. She was a transcriptionist herself and FAIR. Transend OUSTED HER, just one day moved her desk out and here was her replacement, a man who did nothing, knew nothing and screwed up everything. The office ended up folding!! Nothing has changed in 20 years, only gotten worse.

Wow - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds like things have gone from bad to worse. Glad I got out when I did. There is a life and work after that horrific MDI/Transcend merger. I was one of the "higher paid" MTs also - It is no wonder Transcend has so many ads out there - wonder if they are losing accounts based on the fact that the "old-timers" who kept things current are no longer in the mix. Hope what goes around comes around. It shouldn't take long.

Déjà vu - me2 - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They always rely on the QA NAZIS to do their dirty work and force people out. Same thing here after being with the company 9 years and making a decent line rate. I did not even give them a chance to call me down on it, just quit and reported any email from the company as SPAM to my email provider so I would not continue to get 15-20 emails daily.

And you didn't get the "you're not welcome back" phone call? - exMDI/TCR

[ In Reply To ..]
LOL. You're lucky. It was like the other poster put it. They called just to twist the knife they stuck in the back. Unfortunately, using the line "you're not welcome to return to Transcend" is like using a rubber knife. Who really wants to return to all the lies and crap??? lol

All I can say is wow - whoever made those phone calls - must not ever watch the nightly news on TV.

[ In Reply To ..]
You'd think that maybe, just maybe, they might be worried something might happen to them, too.

Those phone calls, coupled with the terrible way they treat employees, is about as intelligent a thing to do as going up and swatting a wasp's nest with a broom.

This thread is an unusually compelling indictment, not just - the typical sort of complaining.

[ In Reply To ..]
When I was there some time ago, I didn't experience the falsification of performance being described to drive me out, although at one point a QA reviewer did bizarrely fail me outright on audit and try to put me on probation. Strangely, instead of eventually hearing she was fired, I continued to hear of similar experiences others had with her long after I left.

Regarding a pattern of problems, though, back then I and others on my main account individually experienced our line counts dropping unaccountably, slowly, over a few months. Others, the sort who routinely document their numbers, told me the company line counts hadn't matched theirs for some time. It eventually turned out the company had been facing the potential loss of that account to offshoring through that entire period. My team leader also lied to me directly when I asked her, just a few days before it was gone, if we were losing the account.

The action I took at that time was simply to change to another manager and other accounts since most of my experiences with this large company were good. However, I realize now that the patterns of various types of abuses being claimed here, if true, would have to come from the very top. They would have been going on far too long and been far too widespread for anything else. BTW, the team leader, or whatever the title is, I changed away from, is still there, promoted to a higher position.

Although so many stories on this board cannot be believed, it really does seem this company is in the process of severely damaging its position in the industry. Although back then I eventually chose to leave on good terms, wanting to keep the door open just in case, I simply could not apply to a company with the reputation this one has these days. As a good MT, I just don't have to.

Yes, very same thing happened to me a few weeks ago and I gave notice that day! sm - Relieved

[ In Reply To ..]
They even sent me a different MT's reports, then I get an e-mail from BO (head of QA) saying, "Oh, please disregard and delete." What a scam!!!

At least you got to see the report - sick of it

[ In Reply To ..]
Whenever I have asked for a copy of the report they are referring to, I'm told that they can't pull it up and send it to me. I cry BULL! They absolutely can pull it. I want the date, the job number, the actual printed copy to see for myself.

I write down every single job number that I do and they know it so THIS is why they will not send me the job numbers either.

Similar Messages:

Question For A Transcend Employee
Nov 17, 2009

I'm with MDI right now and we have been told we will join Transcend payroll on 02/1/2010.  Okay, I know this is a weird question, but I am a planner and am trying to figure out my monies for the future.  I know Transcend is paid twice monthly, so are you paid on the 15th and the 30th of each month?  And, if you are paid those days, is it for the previous pay period, meaning will your 2/15/10 check be for days worked 1/15 to 1/31?  I know, a weird question.  It has b ...

If You Don't Mind My Asking, Did Anybody Choose IC Over Employee With Transcend? And Why?
Dec 02, 2009

Still weighing my options and am not sure which way to go.  I understand FT and PT got a cut in pay, but not ICs.  Is this true?  Any other downside to IC status other than the SE tax and being lowest on the totem pole to get work when it's slow? ...

Transcend- Big Profits From Taking Away Employee Benefits And
Feb 02, 2012

Ms. McGrogan continued: “Let me speak more specifically to our profitability improvement initiatives. Effective December 31 st, we have shut down our Delhi, India operations center and re-allocated work to our Bangalore center and third party partners to improve quality and reduce cost. We expect this change to result in cost savings of approximately $0.9 million per year. Effective February 1 st, we re-aligned our operations team, which we expect ...

Forced To Use PTO?
Jun 04, 2015

Can anyone tell me where the employee handbook is now located since they shut down Enrich? If anyone has a copy can you tell me or copy me the part about taking time off sick with a doctor note??? I was out last week due to being in the hospital. I had to run and get a dr note for them from the hospital, well send someone, and have it faxed pronto. I was excused for 3 days work, which I only work part time anyhow. I now get told they are forcing me to use PTO hours for those 3 days, which is 16 ...

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

I Think The MTSOs Should Be Forced To Pay - Sm
Feb 18, 2012

for all MTs it has forced into poverty or joblessness because of offshoring, VR, and crummy wages to be able to return to school or job retraining FREE OF CHARGE, so we can remain gainfully employed. Most of us who've been in this biz for longer than 4 or 5 years have no hope of being able to afford to go to school.  And those of us who've been MTs longer than 20 years need help and advocacy when it comes to job placement, because currently I seriously doubt many companies would h ...

I Just Do Not Understand How We Can Be Forced To Use PTO For NJA
Dec 02, 2013

How is this even legal? ...

FORCED To Abandon A Job...this Is Pathetic!!
Mar 17, 2010

I was just forced to abandon a job to save my pay. I've only been in my shift for 1 hour and have gotten the same horrible dictator for every report and have to send them all to QA!!!! I just went into my 4th report and SURPRISE it was the same dictator....This isn't fair!!!!! ...

Can You Be Forced To Change Your Schedule?
Sep 20, 2012

I signed what I assumed was a contract when I was hired and my hours were part of that contract.   Can they make you change your hours?  ...

Forced To Downsize--into The Backseat Of My Car?
Jul 02, 2013

Anybody else facing homelessness thanks to Nuance?  This is a serious inquiry, no snark. I'd like to network with others about what it might be like to be homeless because of your employment in this company.     ...

Since Mmodal Has Forced Us To Be As Efficient As Possible
Nov 12, 2013

I'm wondering what method do you use in DQS to get the best line count for Mmodal?  Do you mostly use the mouse/keyboard combo? Do you use the (annoying/ineffective/slow) feature that is supposed to jump the cursor to line up with the audio position where the editing needs to be done? Do you keep your right hand on the arrow keys and left hand on ctrl/alt/shift keys, moving the cursor past each word (likely the most efficient method, but moving your fingers near constant can lea ...

Anyone Who Was Fired, Quit, Or Forced To Resign
Jun 17, 2011

Did you apply for unemployment, did you get it, did you have to appeal?  I have never lived off the system and figured I payed into it for my entire adult life, and have reached a point where I need financial assistance.  I was asked to resign due to being unable to work due to physical inabilty on my part and am stuck, so I applied for it.  Just looking for some good news from other MQ employees. ...

Move Hours To Nights And Weekends Or I Will Be Forced
Aug 21, 2010

Isn't that a kicker?   WHERE IS MY WORK?????   Does anyone know how to manage a workload?  My CCM obviously needs help!  Six months ago, it was "We need Monday hours... move them or else." Four months ago, it was "We need Friday hours... move them or else." Three months ago, it was "We need Saturday evening hours... move them or else." One month ago, it was "I have no Sunday coverage... move hours or else." This month it is "We do not need Monday hours, move ...

Electronic Medical Records Will Be Forced Onto Doctors
Aug 03, 2012

The family practice I go to is using this. The doctor asks questions and constantly inputs into his PC tablet as we speak. Its not looking good for the MT field. Anyone else worried? I worked on a project transferring hospital charts from Legacy to Epic. Once they were done with using us for that project, we were let go with no notice. Just thinking my time is running out and I need to get to medical coding school fast! Then I am worried will medical coding too be forced onto the doctors ...

Nuance Taking Over And I Was Forced To Change My Schedule
Sep 22, 2012

So, I used to work Monday through Friday, which is what I was hired for.  Fast forward to Nuance taking over and I was forced to change my schedule to include a weekend day, and this is the 4th weekend in a row, there is no work. Makes sense, huh? ...

Independent Contractor Forced To Work Holidays
Nov 06, 2012

As an independent contractor, can the company I am doing work legally make me work holidays? ...

Why Bad EMRs Are Forced On Physicians By Edwin Leap, MD
Aug 11, 2014

from KevinMD website "I recently did a tally.  Since starting my locums adventure last year, and going to full-time locums in January, I’ve worked in a grand total of 11 emergency departments.  Let me qualify that for the occasional visitor to my blog.  I decided to do this for purposes of flexibility, finances and a much needed change of scenery.  Not because I’m a problem physician, or unable to do the work in a “real” job.  I say that to ...

Former Nuance Employee Now Has To Become Employee Again
Mar 11, 2014

Has anyone else left Nuance for another company only to have to return after acquisition? Were you just reinstated or did you have to start fresh from day 1 again? ...

If We Are Forced To Quit For NJA, Do We Have A Case For "constructive Discharge"?
Aug 06, 2010

This is a followup to the issue of "constructive discharge" that was brought up in a thread on this board back on August 3.  The original poster stated, and I agree after googling and checking out several sites on the topic, that an employee can claim "constructive discharge" if forced to quit because (loosely quoted from more than one site) "...the employer has made working conditions intolerable.  Issues can include...... reduction in ........workload for reasons that are not tied to ...

Work Has Dropped Off So Bad Now That I Am Forced To Look For Work Again
Feb 14, 2013

Really upset right now - work has dropped off so bad now that I am forced to look for work again.  I am upset because there was work on the system and a few of us were asked to stop so that the people that have been there the longest have a chance at work.  I dont think this is very fair as I have bills also to pay and surely cannot like this.  I thought it was first come first serve.  Am I so wrong?  ...

IC Or Employee?
Jan 18, 2011

Looks like the law is as gray as I've always thought. ...

IC Vs. Employee
Sep 01, 2011

I have only had one long-term position as an employee for an MT company. Left to get some work out in the "real world" but am in a position to return to an at-home job. Can someone explain the differences between an IC and an employee? What can I expect from applying for those jobs, and how does it affect your taxes, etc.? Thanks in advance!  ...

New Employee
Sep 15, 2011

Just out of curiosity, does anyone ever post anything friendly, kind, useful, thankful, etc. regarding MedQuist? Iâm a new employee and due to a recent acquisition would be out of a job without their support. Before accepting the offer I researched the company quite a bitâ¦M*Model merger, DocQscribe, stock prices and company growth to name a few. All this enables me to say that Iâm employed by the #1 transcription company in the country and dang proud of itï ...

Possible That I May Be A MQ Employee Soon
Oct 20, 2011

Hi everyone,  It seems the hospital I am employed by may be outsourcing completely to mq. Rumor has it, if this happens then the 20 or so MTs will be going to MQ or not have a job. Can anyone tell me what I am looking at if that happens, trying to figure out if I should be looking for employment elsewhere.  here are my main questions:  1.  Is there a starting pay or is everyone paid differently? 2.  Is there a schedule or is it flexible? 3.  What kind of benefi ...

New Employee Help
Sep 10, 2012

Has anyone out there accepted a job but then not been able to work because of technical issues?  I accepted a FT transcription position, did the necessary paper work and went through the remote set up on my PC.  I trained on the platform for 2 hours and spent another hour or so beginning to learn the account specs and editing a few voice files, all of that went well. The next time I tried to sign in, I could sign in to the VPN but not Ex Editor, it says to contact the system administra ...

As A FT Employee, Do I Have To
Sep 19, 2012

take lunch?  If you say yes, please provide some sort of link/proof. ...

Which Is Better, Employee Or IC?
Dec 16, 2014

I am a part time employee of an MTSO. In California the min wage is $9/hr, which means at 0.85/line for editing my LPH must add up to $9, while MTs in other states may only have to make $7.50 or so to remain employed. My Team Leader said that is somewhat unfortunate for me; as a 1 year out-of-school newbie I'm not as fast as other MTs.  A few years ago I was an IC and I recall they did have a minimum line count per day but I don't recall having to produce more than ...

Statutory Employee ?
Feb 11, 2010

Just exactly what does statutory employee status mean?  I was recently changed from independent contractor to this?  Never was that before, I don't quite understand it.  Please help.  Thanks in advance. ...

Medquist Employee
Feb 28, 2010

Does anyone else work for Medquist? I have been working for them for 8 years now and am getting really fed up with their unrealistic policies!! I swear 85% of the executives for that company have never even transcribed one report including my own supervisor. They want to you to maintain 98% accuracy while following every single clients nit-picky policies and then having to translate about 85% of the transcription received from foreign doctors....while maintaining a 150 line per hour production b ...

Sounds Like They Want An Employee, Not An IC
Jun 30, 2010

"Surgical Notes a national provider of transcription services for ambulatory surgery centers has an immediate part time opening for a qualified QA/Proofer.  The independent contractor position will be from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST Monday through Friday. The pay is $17.00 per hour." It's not a bad offer, but considering taxes and insurance.... it's probably closer to 12 bucks an hour, not to mention the hours/days set. ...