A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FORCED to abandon a job...this is pathetic!! - So Tired

Posted: Mar 17, 2010

I was just forced to abandon a job to save my pay. I've only been in my shift for 1 hour and have gotten the same horrible dictator for every report and have to send them all to QA!!!! I just went into my 4th report and SURPRISE it was the same dictator....This isn't fair!!!!!

Forced? - adios

[ In Reply To ..]
You can't forward them to the client? If the dictator is that bad, QA would probably leave blanks as well, it would seem.

Just do - your best.

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a lose-lose situation. You are damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If you send to QA, you get dinged on your pay.

If you keep abandoning jobs, you will get dinged overall for that -- they won't put up with that for too long.

No, it isn't fair. Nothing about MQ is fair.

Same thing happening to me, unfamiliar work type, - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
one after another, or other horrendous dictators, and I believe this is on purpose, hand-picked. Hope Karma does happen.

Felt the same way!! - So Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel the same way. There is no way that I can type for 8 different hospitals with god knows how many dictators per hospital, yet get the same dictator all night....According to my supervisor, there is no way to "select" dictators, but I think that is just BS!!!
I too feel the same way most of the time. - jj
[ In Reply To ..]
When things are all marked stat and coming from all different hospitals, all difficult dictators, all ASR and a lot of the time the same doc over and over, I may be paranoid, but it feels like I am being hand fed crappy reports.
I totally believe they select dictators and cherrypick them for us, - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
only they aren't cherries, they are dung. Once CCM took over from former person, my primary is not primary, I have struggled for over a year now with new and terrible dictators all the time. Can't make me believe our old familiar doctors just happen to disappear, that is bull. Of course, I know I will not be at q much longer, just hope I can find something better, So Tired, I am also so tired.
I don't understand how this helps - the company
[ In Reply To ..]
You would think that by allowing you to have the same accounts each day, the work would get done quicker because the MTs are familiarized with the account specifics, dictators, etc. Having you do unfamiliar work and accounts each days seems counterproductive. Doesn't make sense.
The ILPs need the easier stuff because they can't do the difficult ones. - My guess
[ In Reply To ..]
x
This is absolutely not true. MMEs can vouch - for the fact that ILPs do
[ In Reply To ..]
all of the same extremely difficult dictators and bad sound dictations that everyone else does. Granted, after they transcribe or edit, they have 2 ILP QA people who go over it before it comes to an American MME. By then it is pretty much in shape but it is absolutely amazing that they are able to understand anything in some of those reports at all. So no -- they do not just get the easy stuff. They are doing the difficult ones right along with everyone else.
I don't believe it. If it were true, the Indian foreign doctors - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
would be able to do better, and they are in this country. Also, they can still have free QA, yet we are dealing with their foreign doctors and will be docked pay, how unfair and dishonest.
I am an MME and I am aware that the ILPs have up to 6 QA - checking their work . .
[ In Reply To ..]
It is disgusting. And they did have the easier accounts routed to them first. Absolutely. And they still had trouble with them.

I cannot agree with you. I just know what I have seen and what my former supervisor told me about how the accounts were routed.

And they have all the QA help they want without fear of their pays getting docked.

Now that is fair.
Click on F6 to see the history of a report. - I have never seen more
[ In Reply To ..]
than 2 Indian QA names in that box after the Indian MT name. Maybe they had easier accounts to start with, but lately all the reports I have gotten from them with blanks have been really difficult ones that had 2 Indian QAs before coming to me. Would the other QAs you are talking about also be Indian QAs ? Seems odd that their names would not be documented via F6. But unlike the poster who told me she did not believe me -- I won't say I don't believe you.
Why do people think people are not telling the truth ? We are all just recounting our own experiences. They may not be the same as your experiences.. but that does not mean they are not true.
I think everyone is just a little on edge what with the new FTR and MMEs now having less work so doing MT and ME work which makes less work for the MTs and MEs. Lots more NJA in our future I guess.

Happened to me yesterday - yep

[ In Reply To ..]
Tier 3. I normally do Ops mostly, which makes me very happy because I love them and prefer them.

I have rarely ever done clinic notes in my 12 years of being an MT. As a matter of fact, when I was hired by the Q a few months ago, I told them I had hardly any experience with clinic notes.

Yesterday, I got clinic notes all day long, one after the other, by the same dictator that sounded like he had been up for 48 hours straight. And not on my primary, which did have work, according to the backlog.

It's not that clinic notes are extremely difficult, but they are unfamiliar, some terminology is unfamiliar, and the docs dictating them are completely unfamiliar to me as well.

Something is fishy.
I just break them - LucyK
[ In Reply To ..]
I am just the opposite, I don't do OP notes, I have very little experience with them, so if I get an OP note I break it and put it back in the pool. If they holler at me for that, well, too bad.
But you are not allowed more than 10 breaks a - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
month, so when they give you several reports in a row that you are unfamiliar with, they are setting you up to get you. If the doctor's spoke clearly it would not be bad, but jibberish when you are unfamiliar with the terminology is what I get, and I believe it is no accident, first day of less allowed to QA this happened over and over. It is a set-up, why not just fire me and quit the stressful games that are taking a great toll on me at this point. Tier 3 and 20 years,above 98% accuracy, but hopeless at Q.
Sorry - LucyK
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't give a hang how many breaks I am allowed. I made it perfectly clear that I have no experience on OP notes, I won't type them because I don't have experience, and if they penalize me for that I can always contact the client and tell them MQ wants me to transcribe report types I don't know how to transcribe. That should make them look nice.
I understand how you feel, just saying that is - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
what they recently notified me of. That is why I say they are setting me up to get me. I don't want to do reports wrong, so they are making it impossible to do them right because they are unfamiliar to me, only had them a few times and do not understand all the lingo, and especially through what sounds like jibberish because doctor is in such a hurry, just no winning here.

First Time Right - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It hasn't started yet - so you can't lose pay yet. But I do understand what you are saying because 1 of my 2 primary accounts is gone and now I get 8 different accounts and it sucks.

abandoned - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I always check the old reports to see if I can figure stuff out first. However, if it is intelligible, I just send it on through to the client to figure out. I think they need to see what kind of junk dictations that are being sent at times for us to try and create quality reports from.

As for the QA audits, I always check periodically during shift on DQM to see if reports are being held for QA. This way at least I'm not surprised by getting an aduit.

MQ - redhead

[ In Reply To ..]
Ya'll I hate this job. I have been doing it 30+ years and have an associates degree in med. trans. I get paid what a McDonald employee makes if that. It is a shame what has happened to us. I am sick and tired of being sent back reports because I didnt put 2 spaces after a period. It is totally ridiculous. I am so glad I can get S.S. in Dec. I cannot wait til I am 65. This job is physically and mentally way too challenging for us to have to take this crap!!

I walked next door and asked the girl - pulling weeds at my

[ In Reply To ..]
neighbor's house what she asked per hour for routine maintenance yardwork like weeding and cutting grass and edging. tenance. Know what she said ? (drum roll): $20 an hour ! No training, no investment in computer, STedman's books, AHDI membership fee, CMT renewal every 3 years -- and she gets 20 and I have been getting minimum wage ? ? ? OK, she bought a lawn mower, some gloves, a rake, and a couple of small gardening tools. Nowhere near the price of a computer, a work station, a good chair, a printer...
She gets $20/hr. because when she gives her price, if - the homeowner says, "Thats too much", sm
[ In Reply To ..]
the girl likely says, "Then find another gardner".

I used to have a small service-based business, and if someone didn't like my bid for the job, or tried to tell me, "Well, so-and-so will do it for $50 less," I always told them, "If all you you care about is cost, then by all means, use that person's services, instead." I got some of my best, long-time clients that way. They went with the cheaper service, and then came crawling back to me on their bellies a few months later, with not only my price, but often with a generous tip on top of that, in hand.

Sometimes you have to stand your ground. If the MTSO's had stood their ground a decade or so ago, they would be still be making a great profit with fairly-paid US MT's, and would have no need to risk a HIPAA lawsuit by sending work to India. THEY should have been controlling the rates they charge, and not letting their clients walk all over them.

Buncha spineless WEENIES, all of 'em.

Similar Messages:

Abandon Ship
Nov 27, 2012

We need to take massive action to change this industry.  Are we going to continue to take the lies from the thieving MTSOs?   A lawsuit here, a lawsuit there, that is helpful for the few involved, but as a group we have to make change happen now.   Fear is keeping us here, and that is what they want.  They steal our pay, they disrespect us, while they get rich.  That's not right in my world.  I deserve to have work when I log in.  I deserve to be paid a ...

Abandon Or Break Very Long Report
Jan 08, 2011

I have a report in my queue that is 3183 seconds in length and I am currently typing a 1000-second report.  When I finish my current report, I know I won't have time to type the 3000-second report before we go into maintance, and will lose it all if I tried.  I know this is dictation through the whole 3000 seconds because I know who is dictating it.  In 6 years, I have never abandoned or broke a report before, but I'm going to have to do so now and leave a message t ...

PATHETIC PAY
Nov 25, 2013

I lost my home of 21 years last year due to Nuance's pay cuts. Now I have a car that needs major repair and I have no money to repair it. How much lower do they expect their employees to go??  I have no credit cards and no access to money for car repairs, a decent place to live and they berate the quality of my work when no one ever has before.  This company is throwing me to the curb and they could care less! ...

I Know We Are All In The Same Boat, But Pathetic...SM
Oct 12, 2011

I know there are a lot of us in the same boat, but I am just so frustrated after turning my invoice in. Back in May of this year I was turning in invoices for 3 times the amount I turned in today. I was so excited because I thought I was going to hit a decent amount but about puked this morning from the lack of money. I wish I could work just ONE job that would be enough income coming in, instead, I have to have 3 and feel like I never get away from the computer and don't even come close ...

Pathetic Wages
Mar 17, 2012

Does anyone else feel this way, work hard, trying to do a good job, need to pay the bills, need the insurance and end up with $80 for a full day's work and that is sometimes on a good day but $10.00 per hour seems to be on average what I get, after looking up docs, looking up meds, relistening to blanks, relistening to diagnosis, trying to understand lab values and yada, yada, yada.  Everyday becomes a marathon just to make $10 bucks an hour - haven't earned so little for man ...

This Profession Is Pathetic
Jun 23, 2013

Cannot believe it, I am 60 years old, been doing this almost 40 years and I sat down last night and really checked things over and now with NJA all the time, my monthly bills are not covered by my 2 pay checks a month.  I do not have a high mortgage ($240 a month, can't rent a room for that), I have basic cable that is bundled with the internet (which we all need to do this job), the very minimum of phone bill ($40), and have to pay for my own health insurance (as my company  ...

Hello Digital World. I Would Like To Rant That MME Pay Is Pathetic.
Sep 28, 2011

I seriously think I would get a raise if I went back to tier 3.  Our work pool stinks with getting random stat and priority jobs from every account and then 100% QA which pays even LESS. Not to mention getting stuck with a crap schedule. Seriously MQ? Hey MTs out there, If you are thinking about testing "up" to MME, DON'T.  Harder work + more responsibility is not rewarded here. I feel scammed.  But then again, we are all scammed with the junk pay for editing ASR. Whoever dec ...

I Feel Pathetic!!! I Apply For Jobs Excitedly And Then I Sit Here (sm)
Aug 12, 2010

constantly checking my email, refreshing the browser, going through it to make sure that one has not come in "under the radar," hoping and praying for some kind of response from whatever company I have applied to.  How pathetic is that!!!!  Just a kind thank you very much but position has been filled or even an automated reply saying we received your email would help so much.  With 22 years experience I keep hoping and praying that someone will hire me, pay me above minimum wage a ...

Forced To Use PTO?
Jun 04, 2015

Can anyone tell me where the employee handbook is now located since they shut down Enrich? If anyone has a copy can you tell me or copy me the part about taking time off sick with a doctor note??? I was out last week due to being in the hospital. I had to run and get a dr note for them from the hospital, well send someone, and have it faxed pronto. I was excused for 3 days work, which I only work part time anyhow. I now get told they are forcing me to use PTO hours for those 3 days, which is 16 ...

I Think The MTSOs Should Be Forced To Pay - Sm
Feb 18, 2012

for all MTs it has forced into poverty or joblessness because of offshoring, VR, and crummy wages to be able to return to school or job retraining FREE OF CHARGE, so we can remain gainfully employed. Most of us who've been in this biz for longer than 4 or 5 years have no hope of being able to afford to go to school.  And those of us who've been MTs longer than 20 years need help and advocacy when it comes to job placement, because currently I seriously doubt many companies would h ...

I Just Do Not Understand How We Can Be Forced To Use PTO For NJA
Dec 02, 2013

How is this even legal? ...

Transcend/MDI Employee Forced Out
Jan 18, 2011

The story is I worked on same account for 4 years under MDI with no complaints about my work, always went above and beyond.  I was at top of pay scale.  Then, Transcend took over a year ago and has been hiring a lot of new employees, probably at a lot lower line rate with the industry the way it is, and now I had a "random" audit done of my work and said I failed and must go thru probation.  I said "no" to probation because upon my review, I found it was not random repor ...

Can You Be Forced To Change Your Schedule?
Sep 20, 2012

I signed what I assumed was a contract when I was hired and my hours were part of that contract.   Can they make you change your hours?  ...

Forced To Downsize--into The Backseat Of My Car?
Jul 02, 2013

Anybody else facing homelessness thanks to Nuance?  This is a serious inquiry, no snark. I'd like to network with others about what it might be like to be homeless because of your employment in this company.     ...

Since Mmodal Has Forced Us To Be As Efficient As Possible
Nov 12, 2013

I'm wondering what method do you use in DQS to get the best line count for Mmodal?  Do you mostly use the mouse/keyboard combo? Do you use the (annoying/ineffective/slow) feature that is supposed to jump the cursor to line up with the audio position where the editing needs to be done? Do you keep your right hand on the arrow keys and left hand on ctrl/alt/shift keys, moving the cursor past each word (likely the most efficient method, but moving your fingers near constant can lea ...

Anyone Who Was Fired, Quit, Or Forced To Resign
Jun 17, 2011

Did you apply for unemployment, did you get it, did you have to appeal?  I have never lived off the system and figured I payed into it for my entire adult life, and have reached a point where I need financial assistance.  I was asked to resign due to being unable to work due to physical inabilty on my part and am stuck, so I applied for it.  Just looking for some good news from other MQ employees. ...

Move Hours To Nights And Weekends Or I Will Be Forced
Aug 21, 2010

Isn't that a kicker?   WHERE IS MY WORK?????   Does anyone know how to manage a workload?  My CCM obviously needs help!  Six months ago, it was "We need Monday hours... move them or else." Four months ago, it was "We need Friday hours... move them or else." Three months ago, it was "We need Saturday evening hours... move them or else." One month ago, it was "I have no Sunday coverage... move hours or else." This month it is "We do not need Monday hours, move ...

Electronic Medical Records Will Be Forced Onto Doctors
Aug 03, 2012

The family practice I go to is using this. The doctor asks questions and constantly inputs into his PC tablet as we speak. Its not looking good for the MT field. Anyone else worried? I worked on a project transferring hospital charts from Legacy to Epic. Once they were done with using us for that project, we were let go with no notice. Just thinking my time is running out and I need to get to medical coding school fast! Then I am worried will medical coding too be forced onto the doctors ...

Nuance Taking Over And I Was Forced To Change My Schedule
Sep 22, 2012

So, I used to work Monday through Friday, which is what I was hired for.  Fast forward to Nuance taking over and I was forced to change my schedule to include a weekend day, and this is the 4th weekend in a row, there is no work. Makes sense, huh? ...

Independent Contractor Forced To Work Holidays
Nov 06, 2012

As an independent contractor, can the company I am doing work legally make me work holidays? ...

Why Bad EMRs Are Forced On Physicians By Edwin Leap, MD
Aug 11, 2014

from KevinMD website "I recently did a tally.  Since starting my locums adventure last year, and going to full-time locums in January, I’ve worked in a grand total of 11 emergency departments.  Let me qualify that for the occasional visitor to my blog.  I decided to do this for purposes of flexibility, finances and a much needed change of scenery.  Not because I’m a problem physician, or unable to do the work in a “real” job.  I say that to ...

If We Are Forced To Quit For NJA, Do We Have A Case For "constructive Discharge"?
Aug 06, 2010

This is a followup to the issue of "constructive discharge" that was brought up in a thread on this board back on August 3.  The original poster stated, and I agree after googling and checking out several sites on the topic, that an employee can claim "constructive discharge" if forced to quit because (loosely quoted from more than one site) "...the employer has made working conditions intolerable.  Issues can include...... reduction in ........workload for reasons that are not tied to ...

Work Has Dropped Off So Bad Now That I Am Forced To Look For Work Again
Feb 14, 2013

Really upset right now - work has dropped off so bad now that I am forced to look for work again.  I am upset because there was work on the system and a few of us were asked to stop so that the people that have been there the longest have a chance at work.  I dont think this is very fair as I have bills also to pay and surely cannot like this.  I thought it was first come first serve.  Am I so wrong?  ...